PDA

View Full Version : magic box

Unregistered
01-10-11, 08:09 PM
I almost have enough gems to buy the magic box, but I'm wondering... what exactly is inside the magic box? Do you click on it and everyday there's new items for sale? Do these special items cost a ton of money (I wouldn't be surprised if they did)? The info button also mentions exceptional, rare, common, etc... does that indicate a lucky draw kind of thing?

Also what's the difference between the magic shell and the magic box?

I just wanna know if it's worth it to buy this thing, or if I should just save my gems for something else.

Unregistered
01-10-11, 09:47 PM
You can find all your answers by searching the forum...

Yes, the Magic Box (and Magic Shell and Holiday Box) are lucky draws - it's a gamble.

You have a 1% chance of getting an Exceptional item, a 10% chance of getting a Rare item, a 35% chance of getting an Uncommon item, and a 54% chance of getting a Common item.

The items you find in the Magic Box/Magix Shell/Holiday Box can NOT be found (and therefore bought) by other means, so there is no "ton of money" value per se. You can only get the items found in the boxes, no where else. (And no, it's not a "go shopping in the box" sort of thing that your post implied...)

24 gems will allow you to open the box ONCE and ONLY ONCE - so you will get ONE item. To open it again to get another item you must spend another 24 gems.

Some people think it's worth the gamble - others do not. People's opinions are skewed by what they actually receive themselves. Personally, I've opened the Magic Box three times and the Magic Shell two times and I think, for me, it was worth the gamble. I got three items I love, and two I do not. ;)

The difference between the boxes are that they contain different items. The Magic Shell has a beach theme going on. Here are a few things you can find in the Magic Box and Magic Shell (marked with their prize level, if I know them):

Magic Box:

Mighty Stove (Exceptional, has both the Sonic and Forever abilities)
Grand Piano (Rare)
Jazz Set
Fireplace
Indoor Fountain (Uncommon)
Grandfather Clock (Common)
Ice Swan Sculpture (Common)
Fancy Vases (Common)
Claw Machine

Magic Shell:

Lobster Tank (Uncommon)
Indoor Waterfall (Uncommon)
Sandcastle (Rare)
Clam Fountain-thing
Mermain Statue
Seahorse Statue
Seahorse Carriage
Bubble Pillar

You'll no doubt have seen these items in other restaurants who have taken the gamble.

Unregistered
01-11-11, 03:15 AM
Very thorough! Great! Now, can someone do the same for BakeryStory? Last I heard, a few days ago, people were still getting the Christmas items!! I took the gamble a few times in BS. I got the Santa- rare and the Polar Bear Sleigh, very rare, but I won't tell you how many reindeer and coatracks I received before I finally got them! So, anybody opened one recently in BakeryStory?

Unregistered
01-11-11, 04:36 PM
Wow very thorough response! Thanks a bunch. Well I took the gamble and got... a fancy vase :( Maybe I'll try again if I ever earn enough gems...

For anyone who's opened the magic box more than once, was your item better than the previous one(s)??

Unregistered
01-11-11, 07:48 PM
Nonono don't open it again I opened it twice and got 2 grandfather clocks, in bakery story I did the mistake of gamling again and gotna coat rack!!! Please stop wasting your gems and the items end up selling for 1000$ (approximate.)! Bad mistake

Unregistered
01-11-11, 08:43 PM
I too tried the magic box feature, when I asked another user how in the heck they got the indoor fountain....had no idea what to expect, ended up with a vase of yellow flowers, lol ICK. I dont think I will try that again, I am better off buying itunes cards for gems and points and getting things I actually WANT!!!

Cheers :)

Unregistered
01-11-11, 09:19 PM
Yeah, most people who get the fancy vases seem to dislike the Magic Box - or at least pull back on using them.

I got these, in order:

Lobster Tank (Magic Shell, Uncommon)
Indoor Waterfall (Magic Shell, Uncommon)
Grand Piano (Magic Box, Rare)
Purple Fancy Vase (Magic Box, Common)
Indoor Fountain (Magic Box, Uncommon)

I was going to try for one more, but the Purple Fancy Vase and Indoor Fountain stopped me. :p

Unregistered
01-11-11, 09:35 PM
WOW you are SO Lucky :) I just wanted the indoor fountain for my foyer, and when I got the yellow flowers (which dont even remotely MATCH my restaurant lol) I gagged, and decided I would settle for saving my 200,000 coins and BUY myself the cherub statue instead...the larger fountain that you can buy with the coins was a little too large for the area I wanted it for....so the cherub actually looks cute.... (saving more coins now for 4 white columns to go around the foyer, dang this game is addicting!)

Maybe I will get brave and with no expectations, try again in the future, just a little reluctant, but starting to understand more how the game works lol....

emmytogsbistro :)

Unregistered
01-11-11, 09:38 PM
I was referring to the large fountain that was too big for my foyer, that cost 69 gems...I wanted the smaller indoor fountain instead so tried the magic box to no avail!! I wish there were a way to trade items among players?! :)

And typo on my restaurant name....I am actually EMMYSBISTRO

Cheers!

Unregistered
01-11-11, 10:49 PM
I did buy from the magic box once, before I came in here and found out more about it. I'm not sure exactly how rare it is, but I got the fireplace. While I am very happy with it, I won't buy the magic box again. One of my neighbors was fortunate enough to get the Mighty Stove. I'm not sure how many times they purchased from it though. I originally thought by buying from it, you got a new item daily, weekly, or even monthly. I agree with another poster, I'll spend my earned (can't afford to buy) gems on exactly what I want, no more gambles.

Unregistered
01-13-11, 03:22 AM
I get the feeling if I open the box again, I'll just get another vase (or some other common item). :/

I just want that goddamn lobster tank.

Unregistered
01-13-11, 03:47 AM
I get the feeling if I open the box again, I'll just get another vase (or some other common item). :/

I just want that goddamn lobster tank.

Well, they're in different cases... the Fancy Vases are in the Magic Box. The Lobster Tank is in the Magic Shell.

And the Common items really aren't that bad (I quite like the Ice Swan Sculpture and Grandfather Clock)... except for the Fancy Vases, heh. But the Magic Shell will yield different Common items - I *think* the Mermaid and Seahorse statues should be Common items, and they aren't that bad. The Lobster Tank is also Uncommon - so you have the next best chance of getting it at 35%.

Just remember to click on the Magic Shell, not Magic Box.

Unregistered
01-13-11, 07:59 PM
I posted on here earlier about my failed attempt to get the indoor fountain I was seeking when I opened the magic box one time and instead got a horrid vase of yellow flowers lol.....I was wondering, does anyone know which box has the chance to win the fountain with the pearl in it and is it common or not? Thank you :)

EMMYSBISTRO

Unregistered
01-13-11, 08:18 PM
I posted on here earlier about my failed attempt to get the indoor fountain I was seeking when I opened the magic box one time and instead got a horrid vase of yellow flowers lol.....I was wondering, does anyone know which box has the chance to win the fountain with the pearl in it and is it common or not? Thank you :)

EMMYSBISTRO

Yup! The Pearl Fountain is what I called the "Clam Fountain-thing" lol, and it's in the Magic Shell. It's also an Exceptional item - so only a 1% chance of getting it, unfortunately.

Unregistered
01-13-11, 10:20 PM
Thought this post needed a bump over a lesser thread. Thanks to all those who contributed.

Unregistered
01-13-11, 11:12 PM
thanks. it would be great if we could find out all the items 'places'. like 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place and 4th place. and pictures too!

Unregistered
01-14-11, 01:56 AM
Dont even bother!! This is very unfair. I have saved my gems, its the middle of january,they took 24 gems today and i got a christmas tree...aghhhhh! I am so mad i want to delete the game from my ipad an tell everyone on facebook not to use this game . In fact not to use any of the games from team lava.

Unregistered
01-14-11, 02:28 AM
Dont even bother!! This is very unfair. I have saved my gems, its the middle of january,they took 24 gems today and i got a christmas tree...aghhhhh! I am so mad i want to delete the game from my ipad an tell everyone on facebook not to use this game . In fact not to use any of the games from team lava.

Well what did you want? I would think most people wanted a Christmas Tree (during Christmas)...

You opened the Holiday Box (Christmas items), not the Magic Box or Magic Shell. Did you *want* a Christmas item? Because if you didn't you opened the wrong case...

Unregistered
01-14-11, 04:07 AM
Yes most people might want a tree for christma, but christmas has been and gone!! I should think that christmas box would have been taken away by now!! It is in no way clear to players.

Unregistered
01-14-11, 04:27 AM
Yes most people might want a tree for christma, but christmas has been and gone!! I should think that christmas box would have been taken away by now!! It is in no way clear to players.

Um, the Holiday Box is clearly Christmas-themed, being a present and all.... and being clearly called a "HOLIDAY BOX".

It's YOUR fault you chose the Holiday Box when you wanted something from the Magic Box. O_o;;

Don't blame TeamLava for YOUR incompetence. -_-;;

Unregistered
01-14-11, 04:55 AM
i know right. i can see how someone can be unsure of what exactly is in the magic box and magic shell, but when you see a christmas item in someone's place...... you kind of know instantly that they got it from the holiday box..... come on....... clicking on holiday box and not expecting something christmas-y? that's pretty stupid. and thinking something that came out of the magic box or magic shell came from the holiday box? also stupid......

Unregistered
01-14-11, 10:59 PM
pictures of the items would be nice :):):)

Unregistered
01-14-11, 11:18 PM
Saw there is a new thread specifically for BS and the ol' holiday box. I think we WOULD buy the Magic Box or Magic Shell if we had one on BS-but we don't! Maybe it was a new player who bought the holiday box. Oh well, April Fools day is one of the holidays coming up. We can be stupid enough to spend our gems April 1 if it's not updated. Bye

Unregistered
01-14-11, 11:57 PM
Saw there is a new thread specifically for BS and the ol' holiday box. I think we WOULD buy the Magic Box or Magic Shell if we had one on BS-but we don't! Maybe it was a new player who bought the holiday box. Oh well, April Fools day is one of the holidays coming up. We can be stupid enough to spend our gems April 1 if it's not updated. Bye

This post is in the Restaurant Story forum... so all assumptions are that everyone is referring to Restaurant Story, not Bakery Story.

Even if the player who chose the Holiday Box did so from Bakery Story... exactly what items has he/she seen in other people's bakeries that *could not* be found in the regular store that *weren't* Christmas-themed? Since there's just the Holiday Box in Bakery Story. If you can only see Christmas-themed items in others' places that weren't available in the regular store... would you not assume they got them from the Holiday Box?

And you can't exactly see items from the Magic Box or Magic Shell in other people's bakeries, and think "oh I want one too!"... seeing as neither exist. If you see an item (that's not Christmas-themed) in someone's bakery and wanted it, I'm sure a quick look in the regular store would show you that you can buy it with coins or gems - no Holiday Box, Magic Box or Magic Shell involved.

It just makes no sense.

Unregistered
01-15-11, 12:11 AM
Your last post that is, jerk. That person obviously was confused, maybe new. In any case, not a wise, experienced guru like you! You just sit there like a coiled snake and look for people to mock in all your replies, don't you? You are one sorry human being.

Unregistered
01-15-11, 12:27 AM
Your last post that is, jerk. That person obviously was confused, maybe new. In any case, not a wise, experienced guru like you! You just sit there like a coiled snake and look for people to mock in all your replies, don't you? You are one sorry human being.

.............what is wrong with you? are you the person who was stupid enough to choose the holiday box? the other person made complete sense. or are you the other stupid person who tried to make up an excuse for the holiday box person? i'm only 10 and i think you and the holiday box person are really dumb...........

Unregistered
01-15-11, 12:35 AM
Wow you are a really articulate little jerk for only being "10" aren't you? " .....what's wrong with you?"

Unregistered
01-15-11, 12:44 AM
Hey I asked this question in The BS thread. Wrong place, obviously. How much does a magic box or shell cost anyway??

Unregistered
01-15-11, 12:56 AM
Wow you are a really articulate little jerk for only being "10" aren't you? " .....what's wrong with you?"

.....i'm sorry if i'm more "articulate" than you at 10? how old are you? if you're older than me.... wow. you must be embarrassed.

Unregistered
01-15-11, 01:00 AM
Could you dum adults quit arguing and answer the question above this for me? If you are going to sign on, why not try to help some body instead of stir up trouble? Does anyone know how many gems?

Unregistered
01-15-11, 01:03 AM
Im on level20 of restaurant story how do I change the interior?I want to purchase different wallpapers do I need to b on a certain level?

Unregistered
01-15-11, 01:05 AM
Hey I asked this question in The BS thread. Wrong place, obviously. How much does a magic box or shell cost anyway??

24 gems - it's on the very first page...

To get this thread back on track from the inane arguing - here's a picture of the Jazz Set Up and Mermaid Statue:

http://i56.tinypic.com/2aj136h.jpg

And not a fan of the arguing...

Could you dum adults quit arguing and answer the question above this for me? If you are going to sign on, why not try to help some body instead of stir up trouble? Does anyone know how many gems?

But that's kind of hypocritical to call other people dumb when you missed the cost of the Magic Box/Magic Shell in the second post of the entire thread...

Im on level20 of restaurant story how do I change the interior?I want to purchase different wallpapers do I need to b on a certain level?

Wrong thread...

Unregistered
01-15-11, 01:15 AM
Originally Posted by Unregistered
This post is in the Restaurant Story forum... so all assumptions are that everyone is referring to Restaurant Story, not Bakery Story.

Even if the player who chose the Holiday Box did so from Bakery Story... exactly what items has he/she seen in other people's bakeries that *could not* be found in the regular store that *weren't* Christmas-themed? Since there's just the Holiday Box in Bakery Story. If you can only see Christmas-themed items in others' places that weren't available in the regular store... would you not assume they got them from the Holiday Box?

And you can't exactly see items from the Magic Box or Magic Shell in other people's bakeries, and think "oh I want one too!"... seeing as neither exist. If you see an item (that's not Christmas-themed) in someone's bakery and wanted it, I'm sure a quick look in the regular store would show you that you can buy it with coins or gems - no Holiday Box, Magic Box or Magic Shell involved.

It just makes no sense.

Actually you are wrong!! There is a very high lever BS player who has one of those super ovens, like the rare one discussed in RS. She got it from a "box" of some sort months ago before I started playing. I too have only seen the holiday box on BS. But the point is, you cannot just assume that because it is a non-Christmas item that you can "take a quick look in the regular store" and buy it. There are some great, older items offered some time ago, that can't be bought. So you are wrong. And you are not nice in the way you answer either. Who are you-king of the games?

Unregistered
01-15-11, 01:25 AM
Actually you are wrong!! There is a very high lever BS player who has one of those super ovens, like the rare one discussed in RS. She got it from a "box" of some sort months ago before I started playing. I too have only seen the holiday box on BS. But the point is, you cannot just assume that because it is a non-Christmas item that you can "take a quick look in the regular store" and buy it. There are some great, older items offered some time ago, that can't be bought. So you are wrong. And you are not nice in the way you answer either. Who are you-king of the games?

Are you sure it's not just a Forever (food never spoils) or Sonic (20% less cooking time) Oven that can both be bought with gems? Can you take a picture of it to show us? Bakery Story is pretty new (it was launched in December 2010), so it hasn't been around for "months".

Unregistered
01-15-11, 01:33 AM
I can take a photo of the oven being discussed, if that poster cannot. The oven he/she is talking about is a mint green or turquoise-can't recall. One of the Level 75's has it. Not The orange sonic or pink forever. I have both. The level 75 told me on her wall that she got it from a "box" just before the holiday themed boxes came out. I'll try to find her and post a photo. What color is the super rare one in RS??

Unregistered
01-15-11, 01:39 AM
I can take a photo of the oven being discussed, if that poster cannot. The oven he/she is talking about is a mint green or turquoise-can't recall. One of the Level 75's has it. Not The orange sonic or pink forever. I have both. The level 75 told me on her wall that she got it from a "box" just before the holiday themed boxes came out. I'll try to find her and post a photo. What color is the super rare one in RS??

I stand corrected. Can you please take a photo?

It must've been a really limited release because I've had Bakery Story from the beginning and never saw any box. Oh, and slight correction to the launch date I stated - it was actually launched mid-November 2010, not December.

The Mighty Stove in RS is orange, if I recall correctly. It's actually pretty ugly looking. ^^;

Unregistered
01-15-11, 01:42 AM
I have seen it also. Sticks out like a sore thumb between her sonics and forevers and it is like a light mint green. The only thing like it I've ever seen and I started playing early December. So, smart ass writer above, do not assume people are not as smart as you think you are. I'm not talking about the last post. I'm talking about the rude "makes no sense" guy. What an ass. I can't offer to get the pic because I have never read the thread on how to post photos. Probably too hard for me-but I saw this same unique oven!

Unregistered
01-15-11, 01:47 AM
You sound really nice and you are a good resource. Do you want new neighbors? If so, pls give your storm ID, if You are not afraid to, like everyone else on here. I am a really great, attentive neighbor. Thank You

Unregistered
01-19-11, 09:02 AM
Okay, so I was on of the first OP's replying on this thread about getting a yukky vase of yellow flowers I didnt hope for the first time I tried the magic box....thinking I would NOT try this feature again....of course I did :)

My winnings improved lol.....I now have the lobster tank, 3 bubble towers, 2 indoor waterfalls, 3 mermaid statues, 1 sea horse statue, a shell carriage, a fireplace (hmmm I think that is it?)

So I am happier now, but did find I had better luck with the cooler items, using the magic SHELL option! I am still hoping for the fountain with the pearl in it, BUT I have expanded the size of my restaurant as far as they will let me now so am running out of room :(

Cheers :) emmysbistro

Unregistered
02-14-11, 08:31 PM
Don't try selling something from the magic box cause it sells for only $850!!!!! Wow that is so cheap it ain't even funny. Well I have some words for u teamlava

Unregistered
02-15-11, 01:36 PM
Don't try selling something from the magic box cause it sells for only $850!!!!! Wow that is so cheap it ain't even funny. Well I have some words for u teamlava

There isn't any point in selling anything back unless you for some reason really hate that item. You recoup almost nothing from selling and you can store as much as you want anyway.