PDA

View Full Version : Slow sales in food

Nannax2
12-10-13, 07:20 PM
I have so much food on my counters I have to keep buying more counters and I am running out of room to put them. Why is this, some dishes have been there for a month or two. The other games don't have slow sales like this, I can't keep the shelves stocked in fashion story because the sales r high. Is there a trick I am missing to moving the food.

nky1111
12-10-13, 07:28 PM
they thought it was too easy and messed the whole thing up.
it sells max. 43000 per day. after you reach this rate it's pointless to add more counters.
it's possible to sell more (upto 2x) by leaving the game open and making a small layout so the bots leave faster.

dragonspearls
12-11-13, 01:39 PM
If they're going to nerf the rate of sales, then they need to not put in recipes that end up making 100,000+ by the time you master it. At level 95, I have way too much money stuck in food - 24 counters worth right now, and that's after not making anything for 2, maybe 3 weeks, now which has reduced the number from 30-ish. I still have several counters with getting way old goal recipes like Spectral Cupcakes and Frosted Cake Pops. There's no way to get rid of goal food before the next goal comes out, and the food keeps piling up, especially when you still need to finish mastering the basic oven and drink maker.

Too easy? Seriously? Pffttt

laeanee13
12-11-13, 02:00 PM
I wonder why it's not set up like R.S.? I seem to have the right amount of food there, there's never been a time there that I have 125,000 plates of one dish. It's a little weird to have stuff like Spider Brownies & Spectral cupcakes out at Christmas time. But I can't seem to bring myself to toss them. (Maybe I heard, "Waste not, want not." too much growing up, Lol)~ O:)

cpebbles73
12-11-13, 05:52 PM
I hate how slow the food sells I have items from the summer still in my bakery ...also I only make about 20,000 to 50,000 over night and with the prices of the the baked goods ovens and how many you need just to master a recipe it's too slow and let's not even say how hard it is for those who are tring to expand their bakery.... Please do something about this issue it makes the game boring when you can't bake anything for weeks or months because your counter are still full with last season or two seasons ago food...

dragonspearls
12-12-13, 08:34 AM
I got overloaded in RS too - around 40 counters. I'm now down to my preferred 22. I stopped making food and instead bought/built appliances I didn't yet have for 2 or 3 weeks. That got rid of my excess counters, and started selling down the rest. About half of my current counters are low enough to sell out within the next week or are now occupied by the new (and some last year) holiday and goal recipes. I've also periodically intentionally made only food that takes 1 or 2 days to create more sales than food coming out.

The major problems I see with the food overload are:

1) Way too much money tied up in food waiting to sell. Yes you can dump it, but then you've lost money unless there were just a few left and you've made your profit already.

2) All those counters take up way too much space, which interferes with our chosen/desired design - especially when you don't have the coins to expand to give you more maneuvering space.

I am a conservative player. I make sure to have at least 2x the expansion cost before I expand so I can afford more decor or anything else I may need. This means I didn't really start expanding a lot until I was around level 70 or so. I'm now saving up for the $8 million expansion.

Nannax2
12-12-13, 08:40 AM
Xmas decorations are out but there is no room to redecorate and all the money is tied up in food that is not selling. I enjoy the decorating part of the game so if the designers of the game feel the point of the game is to wait months to participate and just watch the food sell at a rate slower than grass growing I think it might be time to uninstall the game and find something more entertaining to play

ashrb
12-12-13, 09:03 AM
I always try to only have 5-7 counters of food, otherwise it sells way too slowly. I usually make around $100,000 overnight.

nky1111
12-12-13, 11:27 AM
Yes you can dump it, but then you've lost money unless there were just a few left and you've made your profit already.

or unless you cook more than the limit (to get more gems). the stuff would never sell out anyway.

AnnasCoffee
12-12-13, 12:34 PM
Is there a trick I am missing to moving the food.

Not really. Slow food sales are how the game works. There are two things you can do to help a LITTLE, IF you want...

1. Move your tables and cash registers near the door and block off the rest of your bakery. The customers shouldn't walk more than 8 or nine squares at most. It speeds up sales. The trade off is your bakery may not look as pretty as you would like.

2. Cook foods that sell for 8, 10 or 12 coins per plate (red velvet cake, earl grey tea, love potion, hot apple cider, sugar cookies , cinnamon rolls, latte and several others). These recipes take longer to make and give low quantity per hour. The trade off... If you already have these recipes mastered you WON'T earn any GEMS.

Earning gems AND large amounts of coins at the same time isn't really possible in this game. You can try to find a balance hat works well for you. I cook Earl Grey Tea on MOST appliances (usually 12 out of 18). AND I only cook new recipes to 2 stars NOT 4 stars. This way my food doesn't pile up, BUT I only earn HALF the gems I could get.

For years people asked TL to allow us to trade coins for gems... That's kinda what your doing if you cook all the new (4 coin foods) to level 4 mastery. You'll have quite a few gems, but your coin total will stay about the same.

bobbyrae
12-12-13, 04:22 PM
I have stopped cooking unfortunately. I have no where to put everything. My counter of blueberry buckle FINALLY emptied today in time for the goals so i have put out the new appliance and will try to master the recipes one by one and at the same time complete goals as a side effect of the mastering. Once i have mastered the new machines i will stop cooking again and hope that at least one counter will clear off. Sigh...

filochick1982
12-12-13, 05:25 PM
Have you tried rearranging your bakery so that your customers get to the tables faster by walking less? That should help sell your food faster. It also means you need to block the rest of your bakery so customers don't walk all around it and take longer to get served and eat their food. I don't follow the official efficient layout suggested but I have a relatively efficient layout that allows me to earn 150,000 coins every 24 hours, plus the daily bonus. If anyone wants to look at my bakery, you're all welcome to check it out.

Trixie6969
12-13-13, 03:26 PM
Thx for the tip...been debating on whether or not to do it...maybe after the holidays.

Just counted & I have 74 counters...lol...my neighbor has 126 & almost half of her bakery is food...lmao

sesamecake
12-13-13, 10:46 PM
I have a setup with 4 doors and only 6 seats for each door with 2 seats between each row. The register is right at the entrance of the door and I would say they eat and leave probably at least 70% faster than with a regular setup, where they may take a seat at the very back of the store and take a long time to walk to it and walk back out. I hear you can have a max of only 28 customers inside your store regardless of how many tables and chairs you have. It is not the prettiest setup but I am gonna do this for a while, at least until I can expand. Only 10 million gold to go! It'll probably take me several months?? I wish they would speed up the food sales, it's abysmally slow even at this rate. Food is stacking up even when I cook stuff that takes an entire day. Maybe I should just stop cooking altogether.. but I do wanna master the recipes and get the gems. Ugh. I know.. first world problems.

filochick1982
12-13-13, 11:32 PM
I have a setup with 4 doors and only 6 seats for each door with 2 seats between each row. The register is right at the entrance of the door and I would say they eat and leave probably at least 70% faster than with a regular setup, where they may take a seat at the very back of the store and take a long time to walk to it and walk back out. I hear you can have a max of only 28 customers inside your store regardless of how many tables and chairs you have. It is not the prettiest setup but I am gonna do this for a while, at least until I can expand. Only 10 million gold to go! It'll probably take me several months?? I wish they would speed up the food sales, it's abysmally slow even at this rate. Food is stacking up even when I cook stuff that takes an entire day. Maybe I should just stop cooking altogether.. but I do wanna master the recipes and get the gems. Ugh. I know.. first world problems.

It's not possible to get a lot of gems and coins at the same time. The game is designed that way intentionally because they want players to eventually give up saving for coins and buy gems instead to expand. In order to get coins fast, you either sacrifice baking for a while and wait til your current food sells out, but you won't master recipes fast and so won't earn gems. If you choose to earn gems faster, of course you master each recipe but then you get negative cash flow since it keeps costing you to bake but your food doesn't sell fast enough to replenish the coins you've just spent to bake. You do need to choose one or the other. Personally I've mastered every single recipe (except the new Christmas ovens that came out this week) and earned all time gems from doing that so now I just wait til all my food sells out. I doubt I will ever run out of food considering they release new ovens every few weeks and I still have counters of food to sell.

jc32079
12-14-13, 11:46 AM
I have an efficiency layout too, 4 doors with 8 seats available in each section, and my food sells much more quickly than it did before I had this design. For example, I had over 30,000 leftover cranberry cheesecakes (along with several other foods), and I was able to sell them out in a few days. I also tend to make about a million coins per week even when I'm purchasing decor and additional appliances.

richa_aqua14
01-11-14, 02:32 AM
I found this video on Youtube where this person could empty several counters of food simply by changing the time and date of his iPhone. Here's the link. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=afPNJNAJupA
Does this really work? If yes,will it work for Android phones too? :-(

bobbyrae
01-11-14, 05:55 AM
I found this video on Youtube where this person could empty several counters of food simply by changing the time and date of his iPhone. Here's the link. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=afPNJNAJupA
Does this really work? If yes,will it work for Android phones too? :-(

It used to work for ios devices. I don't know if it still does. Of course both these posts will be deleted once a mod comes around.