PDA

View Full Version : This game has stalled

eeon222
12-10-13, 10:16 AM
ive been playing for roughly 3 months now, level 58 currently with 2k crowns. in the begining i noticed level is increased by simply upgrading, which seemed wierd but ok ill go with that. it didnt take long for me to realise that level means nothing in the game. later i started to notice several hacks, some were fixed, and others wereonly responded to if the player made a rport sent in a picture and showed proof. to me that was lame, and should not be the players responsibility. but ok ill go with it.

patch after patch changes became dramatic, and while i thought i liked the game i decided to invest in gems, not alot mind you but maybe 20 dollars the first month and 20 the next. but then after investing my gems into what the patch made powerful seemed to be nerfed in the following patch, my gem expenditures for upgrades to reap the rewards became null and void. so this last month of novemeber i decided no more gems, lets see how things go first. and im glad i made that decision, because i was interested in investing archers. my level 3 archers had nearly 100 hitoints so i worked my army to acquire the neceessary meterials to upgrade them to level 5. i was really looking forward to having 118 hitpoints on my archers, the gathering took two weeks, and the upgrade another ten days, and 1 day before they were finished, the latest patch came out! oy vey! level five archers now had less hit points than the level 4 archers had before the patch, insane! i was i had invested 3 weeks just to reduce my archers hitpoints. i was going backwards in my development and not forwards. to make matters worse the game has stalled to the point where i cannot gain any resources to do any upgrades whatsoever! i raid my enemys camp and gain just enough to rebuild the army again. and if im not careful i will run out of gemstones! which has happened twice already, so im forced to wait just to attack!

many folks suggest lose crowns and go down the crown rankings to farm for resources. i tried going down one night, lost 300 crowns, went to bed woke up with 350 crowns and no resources to build an armory! so i attacked big bases with 20 warriors losing crowns left and right, just to wake up every morning with another 3-400 crowns. even with the rh outside, players are ending the battles at 49% just to hit me again for my measly 34k spellstones

in summary ive stalled in this game, i cant seem to go down far enough to gain resources. i cant earn resources to upgrade, and i cant go seem to collect any crowns to go upwards while playing. i have a feeling if i take a weeks vacation i will be the highest ranking crown player in the game! but thats no fun.

anyhow in summary you may find me playing someone elses game during the holidays, hopefully one where i can actually make advancements/progress! because in this game its just not possible to advance any further!

syllrag
12-10-13, 11:47 AM
even with the rh outside, players are ending the battles at 49% just to hit me again for my measly 34k spellstones

I haven't heard anything like that before. Maybe someone has a grudge over you.

many folks suggest lose crowns and go down the crown rankings to farm for resources. i tried going down one night, lost 300 crowns, went to bed woke up with 350 crowns and no resources to build an armory! so i attacked big bases with 20 warriors losing crowns left and right, just to wake up every morning with another 3-400 crowns. even with the rh outside,

You might need to go further down (around 400-700 crowns for farming). Just send in one warrior and end the fight for -20 -40 crowns to drop your crown level quicker. Get only your vaults guarded with triple/quad walls and towers and leave everything else unguarded, put half of those outside your cannons reach. Or you can design your base to make your enemy troops run in circle under fire before eventually target your vaults.

eeon222
12-10-13, 01:05 PM
well its not the same player doing it, so its not a grudge, my clan mates said theyre doing it to prevent going up in crowns, so they stay down low to continue farming! either way its just a weird way to play, this whole dropping crowns thing is silly, i realize its just a workaround, but its not the way it should be, you shouldn't have to work backwards to advance in a game, and i think thats my point here!

ccc5469
12-10-13, 07:29 PM
ive been playing for roughly 3 months now, level 58 currently with 2k crowns. in the begining i noticed level is increased by simply upgrading, which seemed wierd but ok ill go with that. it didnt take long for me to realise that level means nothing in the game. later i started to notice several hacks, some were fixed, and others wereonly responded to if the player made a rport sent in a picture and showed proof. to me that was lame, and should not be the players responsibility. but ok ill go with it.

patch after patch changes became dramatic, and while i thought i liked the game i decided to invest in gems, not alot mind you but maybe 20 dollars the first month and 20 the next. but then after investing my gems into what the patch made powerful seemed to be nerfed in the following patch, my gem expenditures for upgrades to reap the rewards became null and void. so this last month of novemeber i decided no more gems, lets see how things go first. and im glad i made that decision, because i was interested in investing archers. my level 3 archers had nearly 100 hitoints so i worked my army to acquire the neceessary meterials to upgrade them to level 5. i was really looking forward to having 118 hitpoints on my archers, the gathering took two weeks, and the upgrade another ten days, and 1 day before they were finished, the latest patch came out! oy vey! level five archers now had less hit points than the level 4 archers had before the patch, insane! i was i had invested 3 weeks just to reduce my archers hitpoints. i was going backwards in my development and not forwards. to make matters worse the game has stalled to the point where i cannot gain any resources to do any upgrades whatsoever! i raid my enemys camp and gain just enough to rebuild the army again. and if im not careful i will run out of gemstones! which has happened twice already, so im forced to wait just to attack!

many folks suggest lose crowns and go down the crown rankings to farm for resources. i tried going down one night, lost 300 crowns, went to bed woke up with 350 crowns and no resources to build an armory! so i attacked big bases with 20 warriors losing crowns left and right, just to wake up every morning with another 3-400 crowns. even with the rh outside, players are ending the battles at 49% just to hit me again for my measly 34k spellstones

in summary ive stalled in this game, i cant seem to go down far enough to gain resources. i cant earn resources to upgrade, and i cant go seem to collect any crowns to go upwards while playing. i have a feeling if i take a weeks vacation i will be the highest ranking crown player in the game! but thats no fun.

anyhow in summary you may find me playing someone elses game during the holidays, hopefully one where i can actually make advancements/progress! because in this game its just not possible to advance any further!

That is a really valid point you made about them changing upgrades each week so that whatever you have spent gems on for upgrades in past is deemed useless and would have to spend even more gems to make the upgrades for whatever the new update is favoring. I never really thought about that before but so true..

And also, I have heard people say to only go to 49% so you can attack a person again 8 hours later. I personally have never done that because what are the chances you will actually see the person again in 8 hours but I know a lot of people in the old alliance I was in used to talk about that.

Anyway, I will be second thinking purchases I make in the future from now on to see if this is actually true. Seems like a great way for developers to make money but leaves players in kind of a crappy position.

mybaby1977
12-10-13, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by eeon222
"even with the rh outside, players are ending the battles at 49% just to hit me again for my measly 34k spellstones"
Alot of old timers are doing this now to protest the changes to this game (i.e: the insanely increased power of the catapults and lightning towers). This game is really on the way to 6' under. I am seeing level 50+ floating around at 300 crowns. Hahaha..wonder what they are doing?

syllrag
12-11-13, 01:37 AM

Anyway, I will be second thinking purchases I make in the future from now on to see if this is actually true. Seems like a great way for developers to make money but leaves players in kind of a crappy position.

You can use the Report a Problem link in the emailed iTunes purchase receipt in the future.

sand
12-11-13, 05:45 AM
If you're a strong player and you only dump 300 crowns, of course you're going to gain it back while you're offline, because you'll have placed yourself in a range where your attackers are less likely to beat you, but still in a range where they can raid. You need to dive far enough so that attackers can barely scratch you and won't want to try.

Although you put your RH outside so that you can lose crowns, if you don't go far enough to keep the vaults out of reach or to keep attackers' troops distracted for at least 2 minutes, even the losers can clean you out.

The 49 percent tactic is quite common and, unlike what ccc5469 suggested, allows the same or other attackers to raid you again IMMEDIATELY, not 8 hours later. If you can set up your base so that raiders will have to destroy at least 50% to tap your vaults, then when you lose resources, you will also gain that shield to protect the bulk of your resources until you return.

Nothing you can do about downgraded troops; but you can fix the problem of your defense leaking resources while piling on crowns.

ccc5469
12-11-13, 04:16 PM
If you're a strong player and you only dump 300 crowns, of course you're going to gain it back while you're offline, because you'll have placed yourself in a range where your attackers are less likely to beat you, but still in a range where they can raid. You need to dive far enough so that attackers can barely scratch you and won't want to try.

Although you put your RH outside so that you can lose crowns, if you don't go far enough to keep the vaults out of reach or to keep attackers' troops distracted for at least 2 minutes, even the losers can clean you out.

The 49 percent tactic is quite common and, unlike what ccc5469 suggested, allows the same or other attackers to raid you again IMMEDIATELY, not 8 hours later. If you can set up your base so that raiders will have to destroy at least 50% to tap your vaults, then when you lose resources, you will also gain that shield to protect the bulk of your resources until you return.

Nothing you can do about downgraded troops; but you can fix the problem of your defense leaking resources while piling on crowns.

Oh you're completely right duh lol....I was thinking about when you attack to a certain percent so the person only gets an 8 hour shield instead of 12 hour shield

k6scux
12-12-13, 01:03 AM
Yes. This game has definatly stalled. The constant micromanaging and attempts to control players has destroyed the fun. They need to add additional levels above 71, higher storage and troop levels, a bank, and offer at least 1 crown for every battle. Who cares if players eventually get to a million crowns or if they choose to farm. No one gets hurt. It's supposed to be a fun and creative battle game where players can use imagination and strategy to play their way. Fire mocha is upset that not everyone fits the mold they originally conceived when designing the game. Come on FM go with the flow and allow your great game idea to evolve instead of trying to find ways to force it to fit some irrational mold.

jackansi
12-12-13, 06:17 AM
You don't even have to drop a single troop to lose crowns.... Just start the battle with the button at the top and when it changes to end battle, hit that...

There are also quit a few level 67-71 in the 300-450 range so stay away from there.

eeon222
12-13-13, 09:05 AM
its still a broken game, we have lost 3 members completely who have quit the game, and another 4 have stopped playing altogether until things are fixed, i and a few others have just stopped attacking altogether, we still login and hide behind our shields to donate troops to the ones brave enough to continue playing. this morning things have gotten even worse, apparently the new chat patch has caused 2 members not to be able to login at all, we comminucate with them thru facebook to help them contact the help desk here, others are attacking and during the battle being disconnected, thus causeing them to lose the battle altogether, and more are complaining about a chat error communication pop up that seems to occur 3 maybe 4 times an hour and sometimes disconnects them. the new interface is nice in appearance, but uts functionality bad, there is long pauses between the post being written and when it is displayed, and sometimes the chat just seems to stop altogether until we leave the game and re-enter. hopefully things will get better, some of us still hope to play one day!