PDA

View Full Version : Why am I being attacked so often all of a sudden?

azrael0626
12-09-13, 06:33 PM
I've been attacked 17 times in the past 24 hours so far. Before that only a couple of times two days before. I just hit level 43. Has something changed within the last day that I don't know about?

azrael0626
12-09-13, 07:06 PM
Make that 18 times.

FrozenTurtle
12-09-13, 08:11 PM
Defenses have been improved, so you may be successfully defending more often. You may also be ranking up where there are more active players. :)

azrael0626
12-09-13, 08:48 PM
I'm winning more than half of the battles, but I'm still losing a ton of gold and stones in the process. I've never been attacked so often since I started playing this game. I also think that you need to make the payouts from raids significantly less. Especially, when the attacking player loses.

syllrag
12-09-13, 09:32 PM
I'm winning more than half of the battles, but I'm still losing a ton of gold and stones in the process. I've never been attacked so often since I started playing this game. I also think that you need to make the payouts from raids significantly less. Especially, when the attacking player loses.

You can put your RH outside your walls if you aren't aiming for crowns, so that you can get more shields to make your resources safe.

abcdefgh987
12-10-13, 07:28 AM
Azrael, you are playing too high and keep too much in your vaults. A lot of high level players have dropped since the last update. Your ally should help you define a better strategy going forward.

azrael0626
12-10-13, 09:36 AM
You can put your RH outside your walls if you aren't aiming for crowns, so that you can get more shields to make your resources safe.

How do I get more shields besides buying them?

azrael0626
12-10-13, 09:38 AM
Azrael, you are playing too high and keep too much in your vaults. A lot of high level players have dropped since the last update. Your ally should help you define a better strategy going forward.

I was trying to stay low by not attacking, but when you upgrade it raises your experience and level. I'm at the point now where I can't bank enough gold to upgrade anything because I'm always being attacked.

kittensabc
12-10-13, 09:43 AM

I believe people were sujesting that you lose defencivly so as to get free shields i.e. protecting your vaults but leaving your royal hall outside

I was trying to stay low by not attacking, but when you upgrade it raises your experience and level. I'm at the point now where I can't bank enough gold to upgrade anything because I'm always being attacked.

If you really can't keep up, purposely lose five or six battles to lower your crown count so that you play lower-level players who do not win as often.

syllrag
12-10-13, 11:16 AM
Same as what kittensabc has said,

Yes, you can put your RH in the open (unguarded) to lose voluntarily and get the shield on the first hit. Guard your vaults with triple/quad walls and towers, and put everything else unguarded.

Match making system in this game isn't based on your level, it is based on your crowns. You can hunt for resources, attacking and targeting the vaults but end the fight before hitting the 50% mark. Or after winning a fight, you can look for opponents with -40 crowns for losing, and just end the fight after sending in one warrior, losing purposely to keep your crown level low.

azrael0626
12-10-13, 01:25 PM
I believe people were sujesting that you lose defencivly so as to get free shields i.e. protecting your vaults but leaving your royal hall outside

If you really can't keep up, purposely lose five or six battles to lower your crown count so that you play lower-level players who do not win as often.

Same as what kittensabc has said,

Yes, you can put your RH in the open (unguarded) to lose voluntarily and get the shield on the first hit. Guard your vaults with triple/quad walls and towers, and put everything else unguarded.

Match making system in this game isn't based on your level, it is based on your crowns. You can hunt for resources, attacking and targeting the vaults but end the fight before hitting the 50% mark. Or after winning a fight, you can look for opponents with -40 crowns for losing, and just end the fight after sending in one warrior, losing purposely to keep your crown level low.

Thank you for the info. That will really help.

azrael0626
12-11-13, 06:10 AM
Put my RH out in the open. Got attacked immediately and the guy was releasing units inside of my walls. Is that normal?

sand
12-11-13, 06:52 AM
Put my RH out in the open. Got attacked immediately and the guy was releasing units inside of my walls. Is that normal?

Perfectly normal if you have a gaping space inside your walls. You have created an internal boundary - those white lines that limit the points at which troops can be deployed.

Every time you move a building, the white lines will appear so that you can see your boundaries. Eliminate any white boxes you see inside your walls.

syllrag
12-11-13, 06:57 AM

Make sure you don't have any 3x3 or bigger gaps inside your walls. When you are moving buildings, you will see white outlines. The areas inside those white lines are areas that your enemy won't be able to deploy their troops in. You will need to re-arrange your base and make sure there's no gaps inside the white lined area (a white lined area inside a white lined area).

sand
12-11-13, 07:02 AM
You can also leave that tempting hole open inside as part a trap, but only if you're sure about the effectiveness.

sand
12-11-13, 07:04 AM
Make sure you don't have any 3x3 or bigger gaps inside your walls. When you are moving buildings, you will see white outlines. The areas inside those white lines are areas that your enemy won't be able to deploy their troops in. You will need to re-arrange your base and make sure there's no gaps inside the white lined area (a white lined area inside a white lined area).

3x3? Are you kidding me? I've squeezed troops into 2x1 and sometimes even 1x1 spaces.

sand
12-11-13, 07:10 AM
3x3? Are you kidding me? I've squeezed troops into 2x1 and sometimes even 1x1 spaces.

Well, nevermind. The 3x3 space is what creates the 1x1 hole, now that I think about it. So, yeah, you're right, Syllrag.

azrael0626
12-11-13, 07:11 AM
Thank you again. I'm fairly new to the game and apologize for asking noob questions.

deltaframe
12-11-13, 08:53 AM
you don't have to send in anything to purposely lose a raid. just press start and then end battle.

olcastle
12-18-13, 11:40 PM
Guard your vaults with triple/quad walls and towers, and put everything else unguarded.

What about mines and markets? Can resources be stolen from them?

syllrag
12-19-13, 02:13 AM
What about mines and markets? Can resources be stolen from them?

Yes, uncollected resources can be stolen from mines and markets. However, most of the time, your resources will mostly be inside the vaults, especially if you regularly collect the resources from mines and markets.

olcastle
12-19-13, 07:30 PM

How you can see it? I thought we can't be attacked when online...

syllrag
12-19-13, 09:11 PM
How you can see it? I thought we can't be attacked when online...

You can replay the battle through the attack log.

olcastle
12-20-13, 02:00 AM
Thank you! The replay button does't work though, probably because the battle happened 2 days ago.

syllrag
12-20-13, 06:53 AM
Thank you! The replay button does't work though, probably because the battle happened 2 days ago.

Check whether you have the latest version of the game; some replays won't be accessible if you don't have the latest version. But after the update, all your old replay videos also won't be accessible anymore.

Sumercarefree
12-23-13, 02:40 PM
I was attacked by a lvl 12 with 1,437 Thieves.
He ran out of time. Quite a clever hacker !
It was interesting to see the replay of endless army.

Sumercarefree
12-23-13, 04:39 PM

You can be attacked inside the walls if there are little openings. Appears as small rectangles when you are moving items or rearranging items.

Sumercarefree
12-30-13, 09:13 PM
My stolen coins and stones were returned, not that I care so much.
But I marvel at some of these hackers that add in their own rules.

catcrack
01-03-14, 07:19 PM
I was attacked by a lvl 12 with 1,437 Thieves.
He ran out of time. Quite a clever hacker !
It was interesting to see the replay of endless army.
Doesn't seem like they want to fix these issues either.