PDA

View Full Version : Practice Arena

kittensabc
12-09-13, 08:49 AM
This suggestion is the result of troop-training related boredom, and not necessarily a desire to hone attack techniques. As the title implies, this new feature would allow you to practice attacks against your own base with troops that you do not need to train. You would be limited to the actual type and number of troops you have unlocked, but not by time or money. This feature would not only allow players to learn better offensive and defensive strategies, but also serve as an interim for when you are not doing anything else in-app. I personally quit and play Castle Story or one of several third-party apps while I am waiting, but it would be nice if we could stay in the realm of Kingdom Clash with something besides chatting to entertain us.

abcdefgh987
12-09-13, 10:15 AM
I like the idea! I would even more like if you could attack anyone in your ally as a training. This way, the importance of ally cooperation would be increased.

kwhales
12-09-13, 05:43 PM
I like the idea! I would even more like if you could attack anyone in your ally as a training. This way, the importance of ally cooperation would be increased.

Agree but if attacking ally member, no crowns or coins or stones should be won or lost.

jackansi
12-09-13, 06:27 PM
Awesome idea!

abcdefgh987
12-09-13, 06:51 PM
Of course, Kwali! That is what i meant!

jacksonmcse
12-09-13, 07:50 PM
Agree, this is something we discuss openly in chat all the time. It would be a great right step forward in the game

kittensabc
12-09-13, 07:55 PM

Good Idea

sand
12-11-13, 03:59 AM
Previously suggested:

But perhaps FireMocha can work on a no-consequence sparring feature where the results of a consensual battle has no effect on stats or crowns, and involves no loss of troops and no winning or losing of resources. This would alleviate the boredom of only being able to view someone's kingdom, and would provide us a way to assess our battle tactics and defenses while in safe mode.

I guess the only drawback would be people using the sparring feature to see if they could win against someone before attacking them. Maybe it would need to be a request and accept system to get around this?

You are whistling my tune, Maguar! That's why I said "consensual battle". Yes, it would make perfect sense that the defender be required to accept the challenge. I think a lot of players would welcome such an add-on feature.

kittensabc
12-11-13, 05:56 AM
Previously suggested:

This was against other players, not yourself.

sand
12-13-13, 02:30 PM
This was against other players, not yourself.
Yes, but all the other players commenting on this thread seemed keen on the idea of mutual sparring, so that's what I was responding to. Also, I would imagine it would be more feasible for the developers to code an option for that. It's not as straightforward for them to make it possible for you to attack yourself. As it is, a base needs to be offline in order to be attacked. Still, I too have often wished I could test out my own base. I've used the missions to try out or practice certain things, but the bases there are far simpler than what most players build.

kittensabc
12-13-13, 04:46 PM
I too have often wished I could test out my own base. I've used the missions to try out or practice certain things, but the bases there are far simpler than what most players build.

I also think that attacking my own base would be more useful to me than attacking other people's bases. I usually shift around parts of my kingdom once a day, as I have yet to find a 'sweet spot' for defense, and I would like to be able to test them.

Pohanger
10-06-14, 08:46 PM
I like these ideas. Attacking yourself can hone your s****s and find any weak points. Do this with alliance members and help each other improve as well. And have more to be social about.