PDA

View Full Version : Block User

Mochamomx2
12-09-13, 08:44 AM
I love playing this game but for some reason players on BS are a lot more intense. I'm sure we all have gift preferences but to throw tantrums when you don't get what you want, especially when you don't send what others prefer, is too much drama. Example: If you request gear, I'll send it and gift it. If I request paint, you send it then gift me bat air freshener. How can you possibly get upset when I gift you hot chocolate the next day when you send yet another item I don't need? This is a game. There is a decline button for unwanted gifts. There should be a block user button as well. After removing a neighbor, he or she still has access to your wall. Some people are taking BS way too seriously (pun intended so lighten up). I haven't noticed this behavior in the other games or is it just me?

Nelvette
12-09-13, 08:50 AM
I love your comment, because I notice this behavior and had problems with neighbors that deleted me for the same reason. this is a game and fun one, but still a game. People should lighten up.

WubWubSexi
12-09-13, 09:15 AM
this was asked like a couple years ago.. people still waiting for TL to look at the suggestion thread.

ashrb
12-09-13, 09:53 AM
I love playing this game but for some reason players on BS are a lot more intense. I'm sure we all have gift preferences but to throw tantrums when you don't get what you want, especially when you don't send what others prefer, is too much drama. Example: If you request gear, I'll send it and gift it. If I request paint, you send it then gift me bat air freshener. How can you possibly get upset when I gift you hot chocolate the next day when you send yet another item I don't need? This is a game. There is a decline button for unwanted gifts. There should be a block user button as well. After removing a neighbor, he or she still has access to your wall. Some people are taking BS way too seriously (pun intended so lighten up). I haven't noticed this behavior in the other games or is it just me?

I've had my fair share with neighbors who get really bothered over gifts and I've also had my fair share in random people trying to pick fights over absolutely nothing. I go on the game for entertainment, not for arguments or people spamming my walls with childish behavior. I would loooove a block button!

pnkrosebud
12-09-13, 12:39 PM
I agree it's just a game. I did however had a neighbor that kept sending me brownies when i have said Cappuccinos or hot chocolate only when i don't need Goal requests. 99% of them followed through what i had requested. I did end up deleting a neighbor that continuously sent me brownies even after explaining nicely that brownies are not profitable foods etc. So i just quietly deleted that neighbor. I just recently deleted a neigh that demanded me to tip chaired tables only. Who has time for that?

AuntyRose32
12-09-13, 12:43 PM
Example: If you request gear, I'll send it and gift it. If I request paint, you send it then gift me bat air freshener.

Lol....don't you just love that! :p

AuntyRose32
12-09-13, 12:44 PM
Who has time for that?

Ain't nobody got time for that....

NoWayCupcake
12-09-13, 01:26 PM
A long time ago when I first started bakery I had a neighbor that threw tantrums on my wall when I didn't gift her capp.. I said seriously, I have close to 200 neighbors (not anymore, learned the hard way!) how am I supposed to remember just your bakery name? She told me she has a hand written list with everyone's preference. Seriously! Who has time for THAT? That's what our walls are for lol

filochick1982
12-09-13, 02:28 PM
I'm such a lazy neighbour I must admit. I have asked people to stop tiling me simply because I just don't have the energy or time to tip people back. But some nice neighbours keep tipping - I accept but don't tip back. I only gift if someone has gone out of their way to ask for something specific but thankfully I haven't had any psycho neighbours who get upset! I have 530 odd neighbours - I don't have the time to tip or gift them all. I do however, accept all gifts I receive and am grateful people still send me gifts despite me not gifting back. This random parts people don't want come in handy when it comes time to constructing appliances. I am usually able to construct 5 new appliances every time a new one comes out because of all my spare parts people have gifted over time. Also the food gifts are handy when my counters run out of food and I'm waiting for something else to cook.

78story
12-09-13, 02:42 PM
I have read plenty of walls with users having gift tantrums (some worded more politely than others). I have been scolded for sending basic parts and nbrs wanting food. I just delete, not worth the headache.

What I do NOT like reading are vulgar and crude fights that go on all the time in Fashion Story. I downloaded the game for gems last year and was attempting to complete one of my first goals to visit the community. I posted on the first wall my user ID and a friendly message. I scrolled down to read the rest and there was a huge fight. I posted again "Nevermind! If this is how the game is played, I am uninstalling now!" and did. This year I decided to try again for gems on a different ID, and this time I saw explicit sexual content on several walls. I did continue to play for gems, but I will not go to the community tab anymore. The things that go on in that game are despicable and embarrassing!!!

pnkrosebud
12-09-13, 02:54 PM
A long time ago when I first started bakery I had a neighbor that threw tantrums on my wall when I didn't gift her capp.. I said seriously, I have close to 200 neighbors (not anymore, learned the hard way!) how am I supposed to remember just your bakery name? She told me she has a hand written list with everyone's preference. Seriously! Who has time for THAT? That's what our walls are for lol

I am not very good at remembering, i've been deleted too when i didn't sent what it is they wanted lol yea no body has time for that lol

pnkrosebud
12-09-13, 02:55 PM

Ok Miss Brown :D

ashrb
12-09-13, 03:20 PM
I have read plenty of walls with users having gift tantrums (some worded more politely than others). I have been scolded for sending basic parts and nbrs wanting food. I just delete, not worth the headache.

What I do NOT like reading are vulgar and crude fights that go on all the time in Fashion Story. I downloaded the game for gems last year and was attempting to complete one of my first goals to visit the community. I posted on the first wall my user ID and a friendly message. I scrolled down to read the rest and there was a huge fight. I posted again "Nevermind! If this is how the game is played, I am uninstalling now!" and did. This year I decided to try again for gems on a different ID, and this time I saw explicit sexual content on several walls. I did continue to play for gems, but I will not go to the community tab anymore. The things that go on in that game are despicable and embarrassing!!!

There are some strange, strange people on these games. I have someone who every few months spams my walls with messages of attempted insults and they really go out of their way to troll me. I've had them suspended several times, but that doesn't seem to stop them, so every few months I expect this same person to come around. Pretty sad when folks ruin games for others.

AuntyRose32
12-09-13, 04:13 PM
Ok Miss Brown :D

Lol.... I love Miss Brown :cool:

josey12
12-09-13, 07:39 PM
Out of my 50 neighbors I have about 5 that want me to send food and out of that 5 I have one that has a cow on my wall if I forget and accidentally send parts. I don't understand what the big deal is just decline the gift. The same person that has a cow when I send her a part sends me food all of the time even though I ask for parts so I just decline the gift and move on. I don't understand why people make a big deal out of this game. I have also been deleted for my star rating dropping from a 4 to a 3. Get over it people, it's a game.

batiatusludus
12-10-13, 03:36 AM
I love playing this game but for some reason players on BS are a lot more intense. I'm sure we all have gift preferences but to throw tantrums when you don't get what you want, especially when you don't send what others prefer, is too much drama. Example: If you request gear, I'll send it and gift it. If I request paint, you send it then gift me bat air freshener. How can you possibly get upset when I gift you hot chocolate the next day when you send yet another item I don't need? This is a game. There is a decline button for unwanted gifts. There should be a block user button as well. After removing a neighbor, he or she still has access to your wall. Some people are taking BS way too seriously (pun intended so lighten up). I haven't noticed this behavior in the other games or is it just me? the one who throws tantrum in the game absolutely[]in real life..just my opinion..:)

klm722
12-10-13, 05:01 PM
Example: If you request gear, I'll send it and gift it. If I request paint, you send it then gift me bat air freshener.

This part cracked me up! :P

I just recently deleted a neigh that demanded me to tip chaired tables only. Who has time for that?

I don't even understand the reasoning for that. Wouldn't they want as many tips as possible? Who cares what tables you tip!

hahaha!

I play Fashion Story, I haven't seen that but then again I don't do much visiting on there or anything so that's probably why.

I have also been deleted for my star rating dropping from a 4 to a 3. Get over it people, it's a game.

I've had that happen. I didn't realize she deleted me until I could only tip her three, I usually check my wall after tipping from my news feed and saw a post from her about my star rating dropping and that I was going to be deleted. I continued to tip her the allotted three for about a week after just to show that I do tip when I can but I also have a life :P

filochick1982
12-10-13, 08:15 PM
I actually hate collecting tips - it's so tiresome and boring. As if you would ever make decent coinage from tips anyway even if your entire bakery had nothing but tables. I wish my neighbours would stop tipping.

Mochamomx2
12-11-13, 05:02 AM
I delete players with 0 or 1 star ratings in my neighborhood because generally those are the ones who have stopped playing. I hate seeing spoiled food sitting there for days lol. I do not tip daily and I gift/accept certain items. I post this on my wall so I don't understand why someone gets angry when I don't do what they want. And to take the time out of their day to continue posting on my wall after they've been removed is just crazy. Like someone else stated: ain't nobody got time for that! lol

minidemon88
12-11-13, 11:15 AM
I actually hate collecting tips - it's so tiresome and boring. As if you would ever make decent coinage from tips anyway even if your entire bakery had nothing but tables. I wish my neighbours would stop tipping.

They will stop tipping when you don't have any table in your bakery. But the problem is, your wall will be flooded with comments next. :p

I delete players with 0 or 1 star ratings in my neighborhood because generally those are the ones who have stopped playing.

Not true! Usually those with 0-1 star rating player are active player, just that they don't bother about tips/tipping. Hence the dropped of star ratings. The so called 0-1 Star Player. XD

Mochamomx2
12-11-13, 12:44 PM
As I am a tipper, I play with similar people so those who play but don't socialize aren't in my neighborhood. So when their ratings drop to 0-1 stars, they are no longer active.

filochick1982
12-11-13, 01:44 PM
I am a 0 rated player and am level 99. I play daily. The rating has nothing to do with activity but more to do with the fact we hate tipping neighbours.

cpebbles73
12-12-13, 10:37 AM

I play FS & there are some of these things going on , but I have had problems with rude behavior in all games, and I just didn't respond and if a neighbor deleted the person ..I Never respond to negative comment .. Even to to give lessons or advise they get tired and move on to someone else..but for the most part my FS players are nice and sweet..

cpebbles73
12-12-13, 10:51 AM
What I don't like is people who act like this game is job you got to go to every day, some times a player may have other thing to do, live life , work, take care of family , in my case HS which means I have HW and activities to do..and some people get angry and delete me.. which I think is dum ..because if you tip a neighbor you get more out of it than a non neighbor with the extra coins and stars you get just for visiting..plus it's less time consuming to level up your star level because instead of 3 you get 6... So you don't have to visit as many people to maintain your star rating.. Food For Thought..Lol.

CelestiasHeaven
01-29-14, 06:38 PM
Lol....don't you just love that! :p

To both of you.. seriously that is all you get angry up for something like that?
Maybe you should experience how it is to have neighbours who dont gift daily...or for example i had internetproblems, so i barely could do anything in the game, wich much luck i could sent gifts to all my neighbours because the games was working really really slow and even didnt load the gift screen at all..so some of my fine neighbours deleted me because i sent her food, i was desperately trying to sent her a gift before my internet would break up up again with connnection, nope she just deleted me for not getting the wanted part once or twice..HOW NICE!
And its also fun if people request parts and you try to sent it now four 4 days and you always get the same message:Gifts maxed.
Seriously..if you requests special gifts from your neighbour than at least clear your inventory space, because getting the same message over and over again and you just cant gift to that neighbours..its really frustating and time eating.

Thx.

sally_brown
01-29-14, 08:39 PM
Not true! Usually those with 0-1 star rating player are active player, just that they don't bother about tips/tipping. Hence the dropped of star ratings. The so called 0-1 Star Player. XDYeah, I play daily, but tipping is something I do when I get around to it, so my star rating fluctuates between 0 and 3.

I don't really understand people getting mad about people gifting them the "wrong" thing. (Well, to begin with, I don't really understand caring, but that's just the way I play). Because, I mean, people probably have more than 20 friends gifting, right? Odds are, if you have added a lot of people, you're going to get 20 people gifting the thing you want, so just decline the things you don't want and get on with your day. I don't feel I should be making this game a chore for my neighbors.

I've never seen anyone lashing out at anyone on here or any other game. I haven't seen any inappropriate comments. Now I kind of want to, out of curiosity! :)

bobbyrae
01-30-14, 09:19 AM
A block button would be great. It has been requested over and over and over and over and over...

I don't really understand people getting mad about people gifting them the "wrong" thing. (Well, to begin with, I don't really understand caring, but that's just the way I play). Because, I mean, people probably have more than 20 friends gifting, right? Odds are, if you have added a lot of people, you're going to get 20 people gifting the thing you want, so just decline the things you don't want and get on with your day. I don't feel I should be making this game a chore for my neighbors.

I do pause and go, "Whaaaaat?!!" when I get those brownies from a level 99 player, I tell you. I don't get angry, but I do 't understand why any level 99 player would send anyone brownies or waffles or some other useless part. I also do not understand sending out hot chocolate either. Isn't it just as easy or easier to send cappuccino if you want to send a food gift or just send gears if you want to send a part as a gift? What is the rationale? :confused:

sourlicorice5
01-30-14, 11:10 AM
Myself I mass gift basic parts now. I used to do the whole trying to gift what nbrs wanted and found it too time consuming. So I let my nbrs know id only be mass gifting basic parts (new parts for 3days) and if they werent happy with that then no hard feelings if they deleted me. As for recieving gifts I just told them to send whatever they felt like sending. I just decline the ones I dont want and accept the ones I do. I just dont care what I get sent cause then I can gift the way thats easiest for me to. As for tips I havent been tipping daily but do tip often. I dont care about return tips. My only requirement of nbrs is if they ever quit to please let me know. I hate having nbrs in my list who are no longer playing.

I dont get those people who treat this game like a job. Its a game for relaxing. Its not the end of the world if you dont get a specific gift or dont get tipped.

filochick1982
01-30-14, 03:00 PM
Without noticing too much of what people gift me (I accept all gifts) I've been able to collect many spare parts through the whole time I've been playing and can usually build 10 new appliances without requesting additional parts from neighbours. I did have 550 neighbours once a upon a time and recently culled my list down to 200 which is still huge. Even with the few people that probably gift me stuff I will never need, most have been pretty good with gifting. I guess that's why I don't care at all about what gift I get as it's all evened out anyway. Besides, you can specifically request for the parts you need when you're building an appliance anyway so I've never understood why people are precious about receiving the 'right' gift.

bobbyrae
01-30-14, 04:31 PM
Without noticing too much of what people gift me (I accept all gifts) I've been able to collect many spare parts through the whole time I've been playing and can usually build 10 new appliances without requesting additional parts from neighbours. I did have 550 neighbours once a upon a time and recently culled my list down to 200 which is still huge. Even with the few people that probably gift me stuff I will never need, most have been pretty good with gifting. I guess that's why I don't care at all about what gift I get as it's all evened out anyway. Besides, you can specifically request for the parts you need when you're building an appliance anyway so I've never understood why people are precious about receiving the 'right' gift.

Do you send out brownies to your neighbours? Or is your policy still to not gift anyone at all unless they go to the trouble of specifically requesting a gift?

bobbyrae
01-30-14, 04:46 PM
But seriously, what IS the reason for not giving players a block button. There was a thread which has now been locked and is now inaccessible by forum users where this was discussed in great detail. Did a Community Manager say they couldn't put a block button in game because of security issues? I somehow think that was the reason given but now cannot remember.

filochick1982
01-30-14, 04:47 PM
Do you send out brownies to your neighbours? Or is your policy still to not gift anyone at all unless they go to the trouble of specifically requesting a gift?

I don't gift anything unless a neighbour has gone out of their way to write their gift request on my wall which is rare. I do accept all parts requests though so I guess if they can't be bothered writing on my wall (totally fine) they can send me a request for what they want when they build an appliance. I guess that's also part of the reason why I don't care about what gift I receive as I never gift people back or go out of my way to gift them first (with the exception of a request written on my wall as per above) and have never asked people to send me a single gift in the whole time I've played this game.

sally_brown
01-30-14, 05:09 PM
I also do not understand sending out hot chocolate either. Isn't it just as easy or easier to send cappuccino if you want to send a food gift or just send gears if you want to send a part as a gift? What is the rationale? :confused:I can't speak for all non-cappuccino-sending players, but I'm sure I'm not the only person who doesn't play with the intention of maximizing the profit in the shortest amount of time. Therefore it would never occur to me (and in fact did not occur to me until I started reading these boards) that someone would care how much money they make on a food gift. I don't pay attention to how much money anything makes. It might actually seem to some people who are interested in quantity (i.e., keeping counters full) that the cappuccino is a less desirable gift because you only send 50 of them, rather than 200 brownies or 100 hot chocolate.

I've actually sent tons of hot chocolate because of the basic fact that I love hot chocolate. I don't send gifts anymore, though, now that I know that it actually makes a difference to some people.

Mochamomx2
01-31-14, 12:51 PM
Some people do send gifts by what they like instead of making a profit. For the most part, I delete those gifts. It only takes a minute to make brownies on the oven while cappuccino takes much longer and yields more profit.. which allows the neighbor to make purchases. Higher ranked players sending brownies or parts not needed for current goals is very annoying but I put up with it for awhile. At some point I will delete a player who doesn't tip or continues to send odd gifts. That's just my style of playing. For someone to get mad because I don't want to be their neighbor then result to cyber bullying is just ridiculous. It's been over a month and one player still visits at least three times per day. Each time she leaves one coin on a table. It's a little creepy... I have a cyber stalker. I mean really?!?! Can we please get a "Block User" feature?

CelestiasHeaven
02-07-14, 03:55 PM
Myself I mass gift basic parts now. I used to do the whole trying to gift what nbrs wanted and found it too time consuming. So I let my nbrs know id only be mass gifting basic parts (new parts for 3days) and if they werent happy with that then no hard feelings if they deleted me. As for recieving gifts I just told them to send whatever they felt like sending. I just decline the ones I dont want and accept the ones I do. I just dont care what I get sent cause then I can gift the way thats easiest for me to. As for tips I havent been tipping daily but do tip often. I dont care about return tips. My only requirement of nbrs is if they ever quit to please let me know. I hate having nbrs in my list who are no longer playing.

I dont get those people who treat this game like a job. Its a game for relaxing. Its not the end of the world if you dont get a specific gift or dont get tipped.

I agree with that to 100%
Those game are here to be enjoyed not to kick out neigbours because the gifted you the wrong item or dont visit you daily, we all have a real life, and i had a neighbour who really was pissed because i declined to visit her daily, i was getting an answer what?! this only takes 2min do you even work, excuse me?! That kind of behaviour is worse and i hope ill get some nicer neigbours in the future for all Team lava Games i play right now, if someone really is away from the game for 1-2 weeks a note on your wall and everyone knew it and its settled, if you leave it would be nice to tell your neighbours too, because gifting and visiting is time eating, believe it or not, and you dont wanna waste time on neigbours who were leaving a long time ago.
Well with the neighbour who was now every day maxed with gifts she deleted because i dared to say: Clear your inventory and dont write me which part you want every single day i know it!
Well i guess i have rotten luck when it comes to neighbours..

bobbyrae
02-07-14, 04:51 PM
It's been over a month and one player still visits at least three times per day. Each time she leaves one coin on a table. It's a little creepy... I have a cyber stalker. I mean really?!?! Can we please get a "Block User" feature?

Hahahaha! Tipping one table is classic. Lol.

Crysallis
02-10-14, 04:33 PM
i dont pay attention... I just give parts out...

pnkrosebud
02-13-14, 10:49 AM
I actually had a neighbor that just deleted me a week ago because i wasn't being as active during the work week and was late at tipping and returning gift. This is why i like laid back neighbors, when i have the time to tip and gift you I will. I have a life and this game is not suppose to be a "job". Sometimes i get bored with the game and would want a "break" from it for a day or two before returning.

sweetpea6645
02-18-14, 12:36 PM

I'm so glad you wrote this, I get deleted all the time and sometimes I get rude remarks left on my wall all because I gift everyone the same thing, that's how I gift, I go down the items and pick one and send it off to everyone on my list, I guess all you can do is to leave a note on your wall saying you get what I give or remove me, I can't please everyone. I give foods when I get to them, other than that I give parts.

bobbyrae
02-18-14, 02:53 PM
I'm so glad you wrote this, I get deleted all the time and sometimes I get rude remarks left on my wall all because I gift everyone the same thing, that's how I gift, I go down the items and pick one and send it off to everyone on my list, I guess all you can do is to leave a note on your wall saying you get what I give or remove me, I can't please everyone. I give foods when I get to them, other than that I give parts.

Well, if you're sending out bat air fresheners and brownies I can tell you that some people won't be happy. Filochick will be ecstatic to receive those things but she is the exception I think :p

angelmama24
02-18-14, 04:15 PM
I can't speak for all non-cappuccino-sending players, but I'm sure I'm not the only person who doesn't play with the intention of maximizing the profit in the shortest amount of time. Therefore it would never occur to me (and in fact did not occur to me until I started reading these boards) that someone would care how much money they make on a food gift. I don't pay attention to how much money anything makes. It might actually seem to some people who are interested in quantity (i.e., keeping counters full) that the cappuccino is a less desirable gift because you only send 50 of them, rather than 200 brownies or 100 hot chocolate.

I've actually sent tons of hot chocolate because of the basic fact that I love hot chocolate. I don't send gifts anymore, though, now that I know that it actually makes a difference to some people.

I'm all about maximizing profit when I play these games. In fact, I hate redecorating, cause I figure I'm not earning coins during the time it takes to redecorate! OK, perhaps a little extreme; but, if I'm not mastering goal recipes, I'm cooking food (or ordering clothes in fashion) that is either high coin producing or high XP. In bakery and restaurant I mass gift basic parts; in fashion I mass gift the pumps.

angelmama24
02-18-14, 04:19 PM
But back to the topic, we so need a block button! There is too much nonsense going on in these games. Sure, one can email team lava and have the person reported. So what do they do? Open a new account and start the harassment all over again. I don't often get such harassment, but some of my friends do. And they take it to heart.

sweetpea6645
02-21-14, 09:00 PM
Well, if you're sending out bat air fresheners and brownies I can tell you that some people won't be happy. Filochick will be ecstatic to receive those things but she is the exception I think :p

I hardly give out foods, I give out parts.....and I appreciate what I get in return because sooner or later I'll need it.

bobbyrae
02-22-14, 07:40 AM
I hardly give out foods, I give out parts.....and I appreciate what I get in return because sooner or later I'll need it.
You probably won't need bat freshener, that's for sure.

filochick1982
02-22-14, 04:01 PM
Given how unpredictable TL are, you might need bat air freshener for some upcoming 2014 Halloween bat ovens! That's why I accept all gifts. It doesn't use up space having it all in my inventory, and I have enough basic parts than I know what to do with has well. I wouldn't say Id be 'ecstatic' to get those types of gifts, but I will accept them all the same.

jazzycrown
02-25-14, 09:02 AM
How do players delete a neighbor? Is there a way to report someone? I see a few threads saying they delete neighbors but don't know how. Also, once they are deleted, are they notified?

bobbyrae
02-25-14, 09:26 AM
To report a player send an e-mail to support@teamlava.com. You should try to get screen shots of any offensive thing they have posted on your wall and submit that in the e-mail. If you have the person's storm8 id then you shuld include that in the e-mail as well.

Try not to post on their wall, though, as this iwll give them a link back to your wall.

To delete a neighbour, go into your list of neighbours, hit "edit", find the neighbour and hit "remove" then MAKE SURE TO HIT "DONE" when you are finished removing the player. The deleted neighbour will not be notified. They will only not be able to find your name in their neighbours list.

jazzycrown
02-25-14, 09:35 AM
Thanks! That helped a lot. I appreciate your help.

To report a player send an e-mail to support@teamlava.com. You should try to get screen shots of any offensive thing they have posted on your wall and submit that in the e-mail. If you have the person's storm8 id then you shuld include that in the e-mail as well.

Try not to post on their wall, though, as this iwll give them a link back to your wall.

To delete a neighbour, go into your list of neighbours, hit "edit", find the neighbour and hit "remove" then MAKE SURE TO HIT "DONE" when you are finished removing the player. The deleted neighbour will not be notified. They will only not be able to find your name in their neighbours list.

zZ_guera_Zz
02-26-14, 10:34 PM
You probably won't need bat freshener, that's for sure.
Not the bat air freshener again :D
My wall says "Only add me if you like gifting and receiving BASIC PARTS" and I have gotten tired of complaining when I get the obscure parts that only used for one appliance, so they automatically get sent something totally useless. My BS Most Unwanted Gifts List contains only the most worthless parts: Bat air freshener, separators, and Santa hat. Hehe separators are my favorite, needless to say :p

shanapiv
02-27-14, 01:19 AM
Not the bat air freshener again :D
My wall says "Only add me if you like gifting and receiving BASIC PARTS" and I have gotten tired of complaining when I get the obscure parts that only used for one appliance, so they automatically get sent something totally useless. My BS Most Unwanted Gifts List contains only the most worthless parts: Bat air freshener, separators, and Santa hat. Hehe separators are my favorite, needless to say :p

What about vampire capes? lol

bobbyrae
02-27-14, 08:06 AM
and dragon scales?

zZ_guera_Zz
02-27-14, 11:42 AM
I just received a floor mat today from a new neighbor I just added yesterday. *groan*
The list keeps getting longer :D

shanapiv
02-27-14, 04:14 PM
I actually just requested a bunch of vampire capes and bat air fresheners because I found the appliance they are used for *somewhere* but I doubt I will need them ever ever EVER again lol.

ElaineCarrel
02-27-14, 05:14 PM
I actually just requested a bunch of vampire capes and bat air fresheners because I found the appliance they are used for *somewhere* but I doubt I will need them ever ever EVER again lol.
Somewhere or somehow u must've bought 1 of the Halloween appliances I think. That's gotta b it cuz I've got quite a few and I remember last summer reinstalling the iOS Halloween and buying both the drink coffin and witches cauldron and requesting those parts.
Have fun.

shanapiv
02-27-14, 07:19 PM
Somewhere or somehow u must've bought 1 of the Halloween appliances I think. That's gotta b it cuz I've got quite a few and I remember last summer reinstalling the iOS Halloween and buying both the drink coffin and witches cauldron and requesting those parts.
Have fun.

I did! I'm not sure how much I can say about it on here but I found a bunch of different old versions of both story games and went crazy lol. I am so broke on this game now it's not even funny! :-P

I bought the fireplace oven, and then realized it was just the same as the basic oven ><

ElaineCarrel
02-27-14, 07:54 PM
I did! I'm not sure how much I can say about it on here but I found a bunch of different old versions of both story games and went crazy lol. I am so broke on this game now it's not even funny! :-P

I bought the fireplace oven, and then realized it was just the same as the basic oven ><
Well since I play using iOS7 I know it wouldn't work 4 me but congrats 2 u bcuz I have a bunch of ovens I only have 1 of that I'm almost down 2 having 2 cook w them. Ugh. I know I'm at that pt on RS so it's very slow going. I only have 5 ovens left and I'm cooking those now. 1 recipe 1 ck at a time.

shanapiv
02-27-14, 08:06 PM
Well since I play using iOS7 I know it wouldn't work 4 me but congrats 2 u bcuz I have a bunch of ovens I only have 1 of that I'm almost down 2 having 2 cook w them. Ugh. I know I'm at that pt on RS so it's very slow going. I only have 5 ovens left and I'm cooking those now. 1 recipe 1 ck at a time.

Good luck! :) At least it gives you something to do. LOL. I'm on Android, I wish they would just make everything equal... I also have 1 of each of some goal appliances from when I first started, maybe IOS and Android could have a one time buy anything that's ever been available kind of sale! HA one can dream...

kooky panda
02-28-14, 06:24 AM
Hey guys, thread is getting off topic. Lets get back to the current topic and wanting a block feature added to the game.
Thanks!

HIGHSCOTTORIAN
03-27-14, 06:58 PM
I honestly don't get the problems with neighbors throwing tantrums. I give them what they want if I remember that they want it but they should just be glad they got a gift

bobbyrae
03-28-14, 06:44 AM
We need a block button.

bobbyrae
03-28-14, 06:51 AM
I honestly don't get the problems with neighbors throwing tantrums. I give them what they want if I remember that they want it but they should just be glad they got a gift

No. I will not be happy when I get a useless valuable-gift-space-consuming-thing-you-choose-to-call-a-gift. I will not be happy. I would prefer it if I never received even one more gift than to get a dragon scale or jumping mat. I don't get the problem with sending a basic part or cappuccino as a gift. Even if you send the same gift to everyone, it's still a valuable gift at least. When I had too much food and preferred parts as gifts, I would still accept cappuccino and put them out individually on several counters. They sold out in no time. I still received the valuable coins. But jumping mats? Or dragon scales? Really? No. I refuse to be happy with those.

ashybooluvswelle
03-28-14, 10:24 AM
I just received a floor mat today from a new neighbor I just added yesterday. *groan*
The list keeps getting longer :D

Haha this thread is so funny! I actually added someone two days ago the first day they gave me those track parts and now today they sent me a floor mat.What is that even for? But I kindly accepted...lol.They are new so I will let it slide. I honestly am pretty chill when it comes to the gifts I get. If I don't like something then I won't accept it. I tend to decline food items. Also I have this one neighbor who I have asked a few time to send me parts but I still get food lol I send them parts hoping they would get the hint but no always food lol. And about the bat fresher I actually sent requests for them not too long ago I needed them for the halloween ovens:D

orleansparish
03-28-14, 02:51 PM
Some people are silly. With this GAME. Makes me wonder how one acts in real life. I shudder to think...

Get a gift you don't like...decline. That's what the button is for. Or was that not known before? Happy to have helped!

Also, I've learned along the way that new players understandably don't get what all the gifts are for,so they send random things in excitement or confusion. Or some players send things odd to me, but makes sense to them, because it's a gift they want. I don't take offense, just ignore it. Life is too serious to get panties in a bunch over virtual stuff. Grow up.

ElaineCarrel
03-28-14, 04:35 PM
Makes me wonder how one acts in real life. I shudder to think.
Get a gift you don't like...decline. That's what the button is for. Or was that not known before? Happy to have helped!
Life is too serious to get panties in a bunch over virtual stuff. Grow up.

I'm quite grown up thank u. And maybe the THAT useless gift is taking up the space of a much needed gift that a NBR who knows what u truly need is trying 2 send u but since this space was wasted they r unable 2 send it. They tip and gift at reset and they don't have time 2 go back and try 2 gift again.

No. I will not be happy when I get a useless valuable-gift-space-consuming-thing-you-choose-to-call-a-gift. I will not be happy. I would prefer it if I never received even one more gift than to get a dragon scale or jumping mat. I don't get the problem with sending a basic part or cappuccino as a gift. Even if you send the same gift to everyone, it's still a valuable gift at least. When I had too much food and preferred parts as gifts, I would still accept cappuccino and put them out individually on several counters. They sold out in no time. I still received the valuable coins. But jumping mats? Or dragon scales? Really? No. I refuse to be happy with those.

Bobbyrae I totally agree w u. If there's 1 thing I detest it's useless gifts and this includes brownies sure they're worth coins but I need parts more then the few coins they generate.

filochick1982
03-28-14, 07:00 PM
I think it's been said many times before - some people are very precious about what gifts they receive. That's just the way they are. I don't gift (unless specifically requested) so whatever gift I receive, I happily accept but I do decline stuff I don't want (eg food gifts as I have thousands of those already). It's not the end of the world if that gift takes up space. I decline and the cycle starts over again. Is it really going to **** you to wait 24 hours for more gifts you like to be gifted to you? I've received so many useless parts/gifts in the 2 years I've played this game and yet I've always managed to build at least 5 new special appliances without actually requesting for parts so to me it doesn't really matter that I get a few useless gifts on a regular basis.

I do agree that how one reacts to gifts in a virtual game says a lot about how they'd react in real life receiving a gift they deemed useless. Whatever happened to gratitude? The mind boggles.

LavaRain8
03-29-14, 03:59 PM
I wouldn't mind getting "bad" gifts, if they still didn't count towards your 20 max per day limit whether you accept them or not and cause your other neighbors to get the Full message when they actually try to send you something that you would prefer. So I end up with 15 brownies or chocolate cakes that I'm going to eventually decline, and missed the 15 or so parts that I actually wanted because of it. We all realize it's just a game, but due to the limiting nature of the game, it's not wrong to want to make the most use of the time that you spend on it. If you gift a neighbor, that's great that you wanted to do so. But if they've left you preferences and you just ignore it, what's the point then? I would never be rude or angry towards anyone, but I would probably remove a neighbor if it did happen non-stop, as I would prefer to keep the neighbors that actually gift you parts and your neighbor list could probably be parred down some anyways.

A block feature would be great just so people who are willing to troll someone's wall over any random thing would be great. I had one guy just spamming me random messages back to back and left about 15 posts on my wall in a short span of time. Super annoying that you can't do anything about these types of players. :(

Or, they could just make it so that your wall can be turned to Friends/Neighbors only and not allow anyone else's post to show up there. That way, if you just remove the person from your list, they can't spam you anymore.

zerpiah
03-31-14, 12:44 AM
Everyone play different, but that aslo means you have to accept the ones that put time maybe even money in the game and expect to recieve gifts they are asking for. My problem is that i want to gift and tip ALL my neighbours EVERYDAY and that takes time. Sometimes it feels like a full time job so i have cut down to 40 neighbours now. So if there is a few that give gifts i can not use and i migh be sleeping or not able to decline them in time. Some of my neighbours will get the message full. That means when i finally decline the useless gifts i will that day maybe NOT recieve 20 gifts. Maybe something to consider when you start gifting. I rather get no gift from that person then. Just my opinion.

zerpiah
03-31-14, 12:49 AM
Some people are silly. With this GAME. Makes me wonder how one acts in real life. I shudder to think...

Also, I've learned along the way that new players understandably don't get what all the gifts are for,so they send random things in excitement or confusion. Or some players send things odd to me, but makes sense to them, because it's a gift they want. I don't take offense, just ignore it. Life is too serious to get panties in a bunch over virtual stuff. Grow up.

Real life and a mobile game is not the same thing. Why even compare.

chalupa2030
03-31-14, 03:16 AM

Yeah...but sometimes one does have to wonder, you have to admit! If spending money, not getting what you want and a game can really make one flip out ~ again....ya gotta wonder how they handle real life situations.

I was just thinking about this yesterday. The sense of entitlement, sometimes is hard to wrap my head around.

Over an app. A game.

So ~ yes. How can you not compare at times.

filochick1982
03-31-14, 04:21 AM

I think you missed the point of this argument. If you're throwing a tantrum and getting upset over something as trivial and unimportant such as a little online game that you only play to ****/waste spare time, a game that in the grand scheme of things matters very little compared to real life's other problems/obstacles, how on earth do you cope with REAL struggles and frustrations when things in your real life don't go your way? I have enough issues to deal with in my real life and I don't need to add this game to it. It's a form of light entertainment for me but from what I've read in this forum, some players treat this game like it's their job/only activity in life.

bobbyrae
03-31-14, 06:54 AM
Yeah...but sometimes one does have to wonder, you have to admit! If spending money, not getting what you want and a game can really make one flip out ~ again....ya gotta wonder how they handle real life situations.

I was just thinking about this yesterday. The sense of entitlement, sometimes is hard to wrap my head around.

Over an app. A game.

I think you missed the point of this argument. If you're throwing a tantrum and getting upset over something as trivial and unimportant such as a little online game that you only play to ****/waste spare time, a game that in the grand scheme of things matters very little compared to real life's other problems/obstacles, how on earth do you cope with REAL struggles and frustrations when things in your real life don't go your way? I have enough issues to deal with in my real life and I don't need to add this game to it. It's a form of light entertainment for me but from what I've read in this forum, some players treat this game like it's their job/only activity in life.

Both of you are assuming that persons who refuse to "be grateful" for useless gifts are being rude to other players and are flipping out. I decline the gift and move on. I never make rude or demanding requests on any player's wall. I do not flip out, I do not have a sense of entitlement,I do not throw tantrums (even in, and especially in real life situations), i do not treat these games as a job or activity in real life. I trust that we all know it is a game. Anyone who mistakes a virtual world for real life has bigger issues. But to demand that I must do cartwheels because you have sent me a jumping mat or brownies is ridiculous, really.
If a new player sends me brownies I will send them brownies,because I understand that new players prefer the high volume food over the high profit food. After a while though I will ask them if they know that cappuccino is the highest profit food to give and to receive, but will ask if they would still prefer to receive brownies. Many genuinely do not know there is a difference in gifts.

There are also some players out there (english speaking players) in this virtual world who absolutely refuse to send anything but useless gifts. Players post on their walls begging them not to send scales and jumping mats and brownies and they religiously keep at it, even when there are new appliances from goals, for some reason resembling spite. They will post back that they will send whatever they want to send and we must all accept it. When these players are deleted they heap all sorts of abuses on our walls.

If you are free to give whatever you want to give and free to complain about how ungrateful some of us are, why am I not also free to not accept what you have given and free to complain that you have given it? In real life people give us bad gifts and most of the time give us the return receipt so we can return it if we do not like it. Would that we had a return button in TL world.

twospoons
03-31-14, 07:53 AM

Over an app. A game.

umm...yeah. have you met us? you know, humans? who can name the kardashians, but not the supreme court justices? who are more likely to vote in a TV singing competition than an actual election? of course a bunch of people freak out over a game.

that's not aimed at anyone specific, i'm pretty fortunate in my neighbor list. all nice parts and one person who gives brownies, which i always accept because brownies are yummy. (although i really don't want them from anyone other than that one person.)

kvoeller
03-31-14, 07:49 PM
Both of you are assuming that persons who refuse to "be grateful" for useless gifts are being rude to other players and are flipping out. I decline the gift and move on. I never make rude or demanding requests on any player's wall. I do not flip out, I do not have a sense of entitlement,I do not throw tantrums (even in, and especially in real life situations), i do not treat these games as a job or activity in real life. I trust that we all know it is a game. Anyone who mistakes a virtual world for real life has bigger issues. But to demand that I must do cartwheels because you have sent me a jumping mat or brownies is ridiculous, really.
If a new player sends me brownies I will send them brownies,because I understand that new players prefer the high volume food over the high profit food. After a while though I will ask them if they know that cappuccino is the highest profit food to give and to receive, but will ask if they would still prefer to receive brownies. Many genuinely do not know there is a difference in gifts.

There are also some players out there (english speaking players) in this virtual world who absolutely refuse to send anything but useless gifts. Players post on their walls begging them not to send scales and jumping mats and brownies and they religiously keep at it, even when there are new appliances from goals, for some reason resembling spite. They will post back that they will send whatever they want to send and we must all accept it. When these players are deleted they heap all sorts of abuses on our walls.

If you are free to give whatever you want to give and free to complain about how ungrateful some of us are, why am I not also free to not accept what you have given and free to complain that you have given it? In real life people give us bad gifts and most of the time give us the return receipt so we can return it if we do not like it. Would that we had a return button in TL world.

*starts the slow clap* Very, very, well said bobbyrae. Declining gifts doesn't always mean you will get another gift. Sometimes the system counts gifts you have declined anyways and neighbors will still get the maxed message. I declined a few useless parts the other day in my bakery and then tried to gift myself from my second bakery and got the maxed message. And in other news, I too would love to see a block user feature implemented in all of the games. Think of all the time support will save if we could just block anyone harassing us and be done with it.

ashrb
03-31-14, 08:01 PM
I second AND third the option for a block button! I have had several incidents with a specific person who has gone out of their way to make seperate accounts just for the sake of spamming my wall and trolling. I would greatly appreciate the option to block whomever I please so I don't have to deal with the petty, juvenile behavior :o

chalupa2030
03-31-14, 09:00 PM
Both of you are assuming that persons who refuse to "be grateful" for useless gifts are being rude to other players and are flipping out.

Actually, no. I was not assuming that. I don't play this game. I was kinda referring to some folks over in DS. Games in general, I guess.

But I would def keep brownies!

bobbyrae
04-01-14, 09:58 AM
I second AND third the option for a block button! I have had several incidents with a specific person who has gone out of their way to make seperate accounts just for the sake of spamming my wall and trolling.

Wow, seriously? O.o
Now that takes idleness to a new level!! :p

ecool54
04-06-14, 06:16 PM
Some people are really strict about their gifts and I know that because one of my neighbours deletes her nbrs if you send food, which is harsh when you think of it. When my neighbours send me food I decline the gift because I don't need food, but I am not going to delete them because of a simple dilemma that you don't like. When you have a neighbour you have a friend and I think you have to treat them fairly. Some people have different ways to treat neighbours, and that is fine, but you got to make sure you treat them as friends. I like to know that when I tip nbrs, they tip back or gift back, that's why I only accept 3-4 star nbrs. If some nbrs are being mean I delete and their nasty comments and don't think of them again.

natalienat518
04-08-14, 04:14 AM

I was REALLY bored with studying for my exams so I turned on my Bakery at midnight. I saw someone and 'Bat Air Fresheners'... I was just like... Really... Oh! It's them requesting me to send them Bat Air Fresheners, not gifting me one of those... Lol my illusion makes my head spinning Haha

Btw, I wish they can bring back some of the old ovens (maybe selling goal ovens also) since I just came back last Nov after a 2 years hiatus :(

(shanapiv, you're not of my neighbors so don't worry! :P)

natalienat518
04-08-14, 04:22 AM
Some people are really strict about their gifts and I know that because one of my neighbours deletes her nbrs if you send food, which is harsh when you think of it. When my neighbours send me food I decline the gift because I don't need food, but I am not going to delete them because of a simple dilemma that you don't like. When you have a neighbour you have a friend and I think you have to treat them fairly. Some people have different ways to treat neighbours, and that is fine, but you got to make sure you treat them as friends. I like to know that when I tip nbrs, they tip back or gift back, that's why I only accept 3-4 star nbrs. If some nbrs are being mean I delete and their nasty comments and don't think of them again.

You seem to be a really cool player! :):) I have similar requirements and attitude as you in treating my neighbors! Do you want to become neighbors? :D

teamburcroff
05-06-14, 06:43 AM
Hi! I got up this morning to a new software update with ability to block a user - now I'm a bit nervous...the buttons are very close together and there isn't a "are you sure you want to block this user?" confirmation...I think there can be (and will be) many accidental blocks...please please please add a confirmation to your selection...

bobbyrae
05-06-14, 09:14 AM
Hi! I got up this morning to a new software update with ability to block a user - now I'm a bit nervous...the buttons are very close together and there isn't a "are you sure you want to block this user?" confirmation...I think there can be (and will be) many accidental blocks...please please please add a confirmation to your selection...

You can manage your blocked list from your settings menu.

kooky panda
05-06-14, 10:46 AM

It is finally here! New Block feaure

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?68365-New-app-update-allows-a-block-function!