PDA

View Full Version : Pushy people, it's just a game!!!

Unregistered
01-10-11, 06:28 PM
I just don't understand why do people tip others then say "tipped you add me, my favorite gift is cappuccino" I seen that posted today on someone else's wall. Then I seen "tipped you, tip back". WTF!!!

These must be really obsessed and lonely people. I just play the game and if I wanna tip I,ll tip if I wanna add you I will if not, oh well. I just don't feel that people should force others to tip back or send gifts ETC.

I just started playing this game and I really enjoy it, but if everyone is going to get so demanding and pushy then I might just delete, because of all the negative energy from those people, I mean seriously get a life!!!!!!

Unregistered
01-10-11, 10:28 PM
Receiving tips helps increase their exp pts. Earlier I was happy to receive the tips s
And it helped me leveled up and was able to buy a oven. woo hoo. Lol

Unregistered
01-11-11, 03:02 AM
I "seen" that?? I mean seriously, take some grammar lessons.

Unregistered
01-11-11, 03:30 AM
I just don't understand why do people tip others then say "tipped you add me, my favorite gift is cappuccino" I seen that posted today on someone else's wall. Then I seen "tipped you, tip back". WTF!!!

These must be really obsessed and lonely people. I just play the game and if I wanna tip I,ll tip if I wanna add you I will if not, oh well. I just don't feel that people should force others to tip back or send gifts ETC.

I just started playing this game and I really enjoy it, but if everyone is going to get so demanding and pushy then I might just delete, because of all the negative energy from those people, I mean seriously get a life!!!!!!

Maybe you need to stop taking stuff like this to heart, trying to find deeper meaning where there is none and just let it roll off of you. I don't think they mean anything by it. There's just not a lot of room on walls so people are succinct. Tip, don't tip. They won't know or care. You're the one making a negative issue by judging without knowing. Me, I leave 3 letters to let someone know I dropped in....sometimes. Relax. It's just a game.

Unregistered
01-11-11, 03:58 AM
Talk about negative energy newbie, it's emanating from you!!! Pls don't come to my wall with your nasty attitude. As you yourself AND the poster above both said, It's Just A Game! Key word=Game... fun, relaxation, etc-get it?

Unregistered
01-11-11, 05:06 AM
OP needs to CALM DOWN - IT'S JUST A GAME, JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

Talk about calling the kettle black. -_-

In this instance, the OTHER players are better than the OP... really, it's called COURTESY to tip someone back. They shouldn't even have to tell you. But them telling you may be a little more "pushy" then someone who doesn't, but you're really sensitive to make such a big deal out of it. O_O;;;

Again: IT'S JUST A GAME, OP! GET A LIFE!

Unregistered
01-11-11, 08:55 AM
I am not saying don't tip. I tip all the time. All I am saying is that I do not think that people should be demanding gifts or tipping back. I know that I am not alone on this.

Unregistered
01-11-11, 08:59 AM
Excuse me, I meant I do not think they should be demanding gifts and to GET tipped back.

FrenchMacaron
01-11-11, 12:59 PM
I guess that what the first comment meant is that it?s gross when people are not gratefull for the gift you sent them, and instaed of "thank you" which is the appropriate answer as in real life, they say, as it happened to me today "come on, give real gift, I want HOT CHOCOLATE nex time".

WTF??? how can you answer that to somebody who gives you stg.

This is so disrespectful! Would you tell that to some one who give you a gift in real life? So I don?t understand why you should tell it in a game.

It is volunteer to give gift, so I am gratefull for any gift I may receive because they mean that other players are helping me in my game. Maybe tody I receive brownie, tomorrow I?ll get something else, it?s not big deal. I appreciate that total strangers take the time to send me gifts, whatever gift they may be.

Now, I?ve read that gifts are free for who send them, so now I?ll send "bigger" gift to be more generous.

A diversity in the food make our bakery look cutter, so I also like to send and receive a variety of food.

See you all in our bakery and have fun! This game is really cool and I hope the team lava will emprove it even more!

Unregistered
01-11-11, 01:15 PM

Exactly what I was thinking!

Unregistered
01-12-11, 01:00 PM
I usually just tell some-one that I've tipped them, or that they are full. Most people usually read their walls and tip back. When they tip back, I can retip them the next day. It's a cycle. Eventually you know who tips everyday, so you make sure that you tip them. I try to get the people who don't write on my wall, but can only get the last 10 visitors (and usually 5-6 of them have written on my wall, anyways). I would just tip back who has tipped you, and just ignore what they have posted, if it bothers you. You don't HAVE to add any-one or tip them what they want. When some-one is new at the game they usually ask every-one to add them so that they can gather more neighbours, you can choose to add or ignore, it's your choice. But most importantly, it's a game, so have fun with it. If some-one bothers you, then delete them as a neighbour, and don't tip back...trust me they won't return back to you.

gunner
01-16-11, 06:46 AM
Hmm...i tip randomly,and in about 1/10(give or take a few)

i comment on their bakery. It is not necessary that i comment on
every bakery that i tip.

*flips a notebook*

Unregistered
01-16-11, 10:14 AM
I am not saying don't tip. I tip all the time. All I am saying is that I do not think that people should be demanding gifts or tipping back. I know that I am not alone on this.

Once again learn how to finish a sentence.

When people leave a comment saying, "Tipped, Tip Back"
is because some people are greedy, they like to get tips and the best food but give nothing in return
(you're probably one of them) also the wall feed doesn't show everyone that has tipped you it shows the last ten that were in your restaurant and tipped, so thats why they leave a note saying they have tipped you so you can be nice enough to tip back.. you know we all got to help each other in this game.. we want lots of money to buy things..

Don't be too dramatic and understand the game.. okay? Thanks!

You're not allowed in my restaurant. I dislike the "negative energy".

Unregistered
01-16-11, 12:33 PM
It is just a game. For someone who is starting they need more neighbors, so they go to the community and start to tip people and leave messages on their wall to be added back. I mean that is what the wall is for, to send you messages. And some may ask for a certain gift but that doesn't mean they are demanding. I do ask for a certain gift, but I say thank you first. But if next time they have the time, send me the gift that I request. the word is "request" not demand. Maybe you don't know this. I am level 40, they keep telling why I just want cappuccinos only when they are only 50 cups, well, if all my neighbors all 20 of them which is the limit for one day gifting, I store them in my gift box and it would be more 3K or 4K after awhile.

The reason why some people also leave you a message is because you are already full of tips and sometimes you wouldn't know who to tip back, because its not listed in the news feed. It is common courtesy to tip back and for me, I also ask what my neighbors want in return.

This is yes, a strategy game, and I didn't reach that level from ignoring other people and what they requested. I make a point to add those who wants to be added and tip those who tipped me back. Well, more tips, more neighbors, so more money for me, so why should I complain right? But if you don't want interacting with other players, you should get a game that is only one player and not this kind of games. Because this game is not only made for you, but for everyone. *wink*

Unregistered
01-16-11, 01:02 PM

Its a GAME!!!!!!!! Nobody is forcing you to do anything. If they ask you to tip them back/send a gift and you do then yay, but if you decide to ignore them and move on then DO IT! No one will ever know! These people are not obsessed or lonely they are playing a GAME. Maybe you dont understand the point of the game. Gifts & tips = more coins & expansions so OBVIOUSLY people are going to request those things from you. If you dont like it then just ignore them (they will never know!!!!!)

Unregistered
01-16-11, 05:04 PM
(you're probably one of them) also the wall feed doesn't show everyone that has tipped you it shows the last ten that were in your restaurant and tipped, so thats why they leave a note saying they have tipped you so you can be nice enough to tip back.. you know we all got to help each other in this game.. we want lots of money to buy things..

"you know we all got to help"

As you also said, YOU stay away from my restaurant . I don't want the negative grammar! LMAO

Unregistered
01-16-11, 05:22 PM

"you know we all got to help"

As you also said, YOU stay away from my restaurant . I don't want the negative grammar! LMAO

... are you being rude?

Unregistered
01-17-11, 01:56 PM
I just delete their post, and ignore them! that easy!

vythygiy
01-18-11, 05:36 AM
My English is not that good, so don't bother about my spelling or grammar mistakes.

To me, if someone leaves a message, I would be greatful. Someone needs help back, someone just says hi, well it's interesting game.

Tell me what's your id, I would not type anything on your wall, nor even drop by.

Have fun.

Unregistered
01-21-11, 03:11 PM
The whole point of adding neighbors is to receive tips and food. If you don't want people posting to your wall, sending you tips, or sending you gifts then delete your neighbors! It's only polite to gift and tip back. That's the while point. Now I agree that saying something like this gift sucks send me this next time is rude but if you send nothing and just take then that's just as bad. If you wanna just play for your restaurant then do so but don't get mad when people expect to be tipped back for tipping you. It's rude not too.

Unregistered
01-21-11, 11:41 PM
I guess it's pushing the politeness factor a bit to ask for things from your neighbors, but it doesn't bother me when people do. I can spend hours tipping my neighbors on some days and if there are neighbors who never participate and do their neighborly part, I would wanna delete them and get other neighbors so my tipping hours are not wasted on neighbors who don't care to help me in return.

Unregistered
01-22-11, 07:41 PM
I don't mind so much when people don't tip back, provided they at least send gifts and clear their tips often enough for me to leave tips. Reasoning being that when people are going to random bakeries they are more likely to go to a 4 or 3 star one, so I try to keep that number up and get the randoms.

As for the original post... as others have pointed out no one is 'forcing' you to do anything, and as for your examples, neither of those was rude in my mind, not what I would leave but I wouldn't get angry seeing them. You appear to be taking this game way too seriously if A.you think those are rude and B. you get upset enough to come whine about it on the forums. To quote a not so famous person "I mean seriously get a life!!!!!!"

Unregistered
01-22-11, 08:15 PM
I don't mind so much when people don't tip back, provided they at least send gifts and clear their tips often enough for me to leave tips. Reasoning being that when people are going to random bakeries they are more likely to go to a 4 or 3 star one, so I try to keep that number up and get the randoms.

As for the original post... as others have pointed out no one is 'forcing' you to do anything, and as for your examples, neither of those was rude in my mind, not what I would leave but I wouldn't get angry seeing them. You appear to be taking this game way too seriously if A.you think those are rude and B. you get upset enough to come whine about it on the forums. To quote a not so famous person "I mean seriously get a life!!!!!!"

Quite frankly, I'm getting tired of listening to people whine because they are not getting cappuccino. Sheesh.

Unregistered
01-22-11, 08:26 PM
Ok on the screenshots it says a roast chicken takes 2hours.. For me it is 2 days!! I love this game but feel robbed.. Please tell me what the real time for each dish really is!! Thankyou in advance.

Unregistered
01-23-11, 07:32 PM
i try to ask ppl what gift they would like to receive. Is that too pushy?

Unregistered
01-23-11, 08:17 PM
i try to ask ppl what gift they would like to receive. Is that too pushy?

I wouldn't think so, but that's just me.

Unregistered
02-17-11, 07:23 PM
..and besides you did get the jist of what I was trying to say. Is it not? pff! Are you an English Prof.? Yeah, please help me with interrogative clauses, open clause, fragment sentences, compound.... etc

Unregistered
02-17-11, 10:29 PM
What does "pff" mean, in any of your five ( tee hee) languages pompous ass?

Unregistered
02-20-11, 11:04 AM
I agree with OP. Just becuase it's a game doesn't mean your manners should fly out the window. People don't have to tip OR send gifts, so when they do, it is common courtesy to reciprocate, but you shouldn't ask. Someone came to my bakery the other day and tipped, but left on the wall. "ADD ME AND SEND ME GIFTS" .... I don't think so!
And as far as sending "good" gifts...seriously? How about NO GIFT. I have to agree with FrenchMacaron on this. Talk about ungrateful.

Unregistered
02-20-11, 11:29 AM
I have to disagree. if you think a neighbor is rude, just delete them as I'm sure they'll delete you if you're not being a good neighbor and tipping/ gifting well. There are tons of other players and if you're taking their $500 cappuccino gifts and they're receiving $100 cupcakes from you, they will just find someone else.

Plus I think it's pretty rude in itself to know what the best gift is and still give a cheap one. It takes up space in the 20 gift slots and if they don't check often enough, they could be full and not receive good gifts other people are giving.

Unregistered
02-20-11, 11:47 AM
The game is called "Bakery Story" not "Cappuccino Story" A lot of people like having a variety of items in their bakeries. I've never asked my neighbors for specific items and I've always gotten a nice selection, including cappuccinos mixed in. I don't think it's right that people who want only cappuccinos should make other people feel bad for not sending that all the time. Yes, it's true that you can delete whomever you wish and not deal with that, but I think people are saying it's more about principal.

Unregistered
02-20-11, 03:12 PM
The game is called "Bakery Story" not "Cappuccino Story" A lot of people like having a variety of items in their bakeries..

That is why people bake things. I bake for variety and to master certain recipes. I have plenty of variety already in my bakery, I don't need gifts to add variety - I like gifts to help increase my daily earnings.

And what is the big deal with gifting cappuccinos? If that is what people want and you know the value of them, what is so hard about sending them? Its not like it takes any more effort on anyone's part.

If there was no limit to the amount of gifts we receive, then it wouldn't matter so much. But, if I can only get 20 gifts, I want to get the maximum value for my day.

Unregistered
02-24-11, 10:52 AM
I have to disagree. if you think a neighbor is rude, just delete them as I'm sure they'll delete you if you're not being a good neighbor and tipping/ gifting well. There are tons of other players and if you're taking their $500 cappuccino gifts and they're receiving $100 cupcakes from you, they will just find someone else.

Plus I think it's pretty rude in itself to know what the best gift is and still give a cheap one. It takes up space in the 20 gift slots and if they don't check often enough, they could be full and not receive good gifts other people are giving.

Guess what? My neighbour was not happy with my cupcakes (which i give occasionally as i picked things out randomly) and went through the trouble of calling me cheapskate and told me he would delete me on my wall. The sh*t emoticon used rather abundantly. Granted he's the right to do so, but I think telling someone about it is just plain rude. Seriously, too many sad people in this world and they want to make you unhappy too. I don't miss him but I wish him well. It's a game and the caveat is, you play, you pay, in more ways than one. And really, it's not like you get paid in real money for getting cappuccinos as gifts. If you want to get paid for spending time on something, get a real job, mate!

Unregistered
02-24-11, 01:27 PM
Of course you don't get paid in real money (I don't even know how that factors into the discussion), but part of the game is earning enough coins to buy decorations. If someone is rude, then delete them, but that doesn't mean cappuccino-only people are all rude.

If you have beef with someone, delete them. If someone isn't giving you the gifts you want, delete them. If you want to give cheaper gifts, then don't be surprised when someone deletes you. Keep calm and move on, people.

Unregistered
02-24-11, 03:06 PM
I believe the OP is speaking about "random tippers" because if they were neighbors, they would already have "added them". Everyone plays this game to their own liking. Sometimes it's a matter of how ppl phrase things. If someone tips me, I try to tip them back, but I take care of my neighbors first. I put my id in a cappuccino gift only thread on here. So the only way for someone to get my Id is from that forum thread. If so, then I expect them to send what is requested on the thread. If I know someone prefers something else, I will send it to them. What's so hard about that? If I want to add someone, I will, if not I won't. What's the big deal? Just tip them or don't and move on. As for gifts, I can make more brownies in 5 minutes than someone can send me. So why send something like that? Send something that takes a lot longer to cook! That only makes sense. But there are people out there who want brownies...I just try to be helpful to my neighbors and they are helpful to me. That is the point of the social part of this game.

muffintops
02-24-11, 05:48 PM
i have to agree that it's pretty rude to ask for a specific gift. recipients should be grateful for whatever gift you were kind enough to give. it's nice to receive the "better" gifts and i try to give my neighbors things i'd like to receive, but it's just a game and i think it's more fun to give and receive a variety of things so i purposely don't give cappuccinos, or whatever, every time. even though it's a virtual community, asking for a better gift on the game is almost as bad as telling a friend who gave you a birthday present "next time, i'd really prefer a sweater. i don't like books."
just say "thanks" peoples. :)

it's also a little silly to say "please tip back." it's common courtesy to return a favor so it should go without saying. and ultimately it's their choice whether or not to tip back, and they should be able to decide for themselves without guilt or persuasion. people shouldn't be tipping only in order to get tips themselves. it's beneficial to the tipper anyway, as their star rating goes up whether the other person tips back or not.

so everybody just drink some chamomile tea and relax! tip if you want, don't tip if you don't want, and let others do the same. be grateful for what you receive and don't stress about what you're not getting.

in spite of my feelings on the above, i agree that the original poster may be taking things too seriously and reading into pretty standard posts. even people who do ask for specific gifts or tips may just be being practical and not necessarily rude.

as for asking to be added, i fail to see what the problem is. there isn't a lot of room to post and it takes too long to write a ton on a mobile device. so "add (insert id here)" isn't a rude command- it's just shorthand for "this is my user id. i'd like to be your neighbor so please add me if you want." at least that's what my intended meaning is when i post my id. i assume that's the intention of most people who post their id's. without posting your id, there's no way for anyone to add you even if they wanted to. so it seems absurd to fault people for that.

Unregistered
02-24-11, 09:12 PM
Of course you don't get paid in real money (I don't even know how that factors into the discussion), but part of the game is earning enough coins to buy decorations. If someone is rude, then delete them, but that doesn't mean cappuccino-only people are all rude.

If you have beef with someone, delete them. If someone isn't giving you the gifts you want, delete them. If you want to give cheaper gifts, then don't be surprised when someone deletes you. Keep calm and move on, people.

Couldn't care less if my neighbour deleted me without me knowing because I unknowingly gave a gift of lesser value. Name calling is just bad form. And if that's not rude, I don't know what is. You might disagree and that's fine. And I don't really care if he's a cappuccino man or not. That's not the point. The fact that people felt like they are deserving of a gift of higher value (who didnt even bother to make a request for it) by virtue of participation in this game is, just silly. Yeah, as if the virtual gift has any monetary value or substance. So it helps you decorate a few pixels faster, hahaha...now, if you excuse me, I'm going to go play with nicer neighbours now.

Unregistered
02-25-11, 04:39 AM
I try to tip all my neighbours (also on Restaurant, water on Farm, and clean on City and Empire) daily or every other day depending what I am doing (in my daily life) I never ever ask people to tip me back nor do I choose a gift that I want them to send me, I try to send different gifts each day and if my neighbours don't like what I gift them I they can delete me it's just a game afterall.

I will NOT tip anyone who has filled their place with tables where clearly the place cannot be opened just to collect tips like I said it's just a game but at least put a bit of effort into it!

Unregistered
02-25-11, 10:56 PM
So you know that cappuccino is best but don't like it because it doesn't add variety? LOL

Wow you people need to unplug from this game and eat real food.

Unregistered
02-26-11, 05:38 AM
I so agree! I hate it when people tell me "please only gift cappuccino". I mean, what the heck? I have 350 friends and I don't exactly have time to cater to your specific desires. If you don't like the gift that I send you, DON'T ACCEPT IT. I do that sometimes--if i don't get a lot of a gifted food I'll decline them so that other people can send me more of the gifted foods I already have, and I save up for a time when I have no food.

You can't expect people to work around you. I'm lucky to send out a gift to 350 people every day--I waste about 10 minutes clicking on every single name!

Unregistered
02-26-11, 06:32 AM
I so agree! I hate it when people tell me "please only gift cappuccino". I mean, what the heck? I have 350 friends and I don't exactly have time to cater to your specific desires. If you don't like the gift that I send you, DON'T ACCEPT IT. I do that sometimes--if i don't get a lot of a gifted food I'll decline them so that other people can send me more of the gifted foods I already have, and I save up for a time when I have no food.

You can't expect people to work around you. I'm lucky to send out a gift to 350 people every day--I waste about 10 minutes clicking on every single name!

there are not 58 hours in one day,
s? jeg er glad for ikke at have dig som nabo

Registerdnot
02-26-11, 06:38 AM
there are not 58 hours in one day,
s? jeg er glad for ikke at have dig som nabo

What? Jibberish
The person says it takes them 10 minutes to gift all of their nbrs... 350 of them. Made sense.

Do you have a comprehension issue? If English isn't your first, that's fine. But don't comment if you don't understand or you sound diminished.

logon2k
02-28-11, 04:48 PM
There are six gifts, each have a different number of plates and each plate sells for a different amount. This may seem confusing at first, it has been difficult to convince some neighbors, but here it is:

Gift .............................. Plates ...... @ Sells ....... Yields ............Daily Limit.......% of Maximum
Valentine cupcakes ???. 50 ............... 4 ......... 200 coins..........4,000 coins...........40%
Brownies ....................... 200 .............. 1 ......... 200 coins..........4,000 coins...........40%
Chocolate Cake ???...... 150 .............. 2 ......... 300 coins..........6,000 coins...........60%
Croissant ....................... 100 .............. 4 ......... 400 coins..........8,000 coins...........80%
Cappuccino ...................... 50 ............. 10 ........ 500 coins.........10,000 coins.........100%
Hot Chocolate ??..?....... 100 .............. 4 ......... 400 coins..........8,000 coins...........80%

What some people don't realize is that you don't play against other players, you play against yourself. The other neighbors act like team mates.

Some teams have mates that are willing to help you with all they have, they give 100%. You may also have team members that only give 20%. If you can only have 20 team members, would you rather have all of them giving 100% or 20%? How about a mixture of 40%, 60%, 80% and 100%? What makes sense to you?

Maybe you are just happy to be in the game and don't care, that's OK too. If it is your goal to get the most you can to feel you are winning and you only want team members willing to give 100%, what is wrong with asking if you are a 100% player or a 40% player. Just don't be surprised when you get dropped.

If you can only accept 20 gifts per day you have a choice of 20 X 500 coins for cappuccino = 10,000 coins.
You also have a choice of 20 X 200 coins for brownies or valentine cupcakes = 4,000 coins. Which gift makes you happier? Which would you want to receive? Which would you want to give?

Oh, I'm sorry, was all that rude?

vivaci54
05-14-15, 09:08 AM
The only rude behavior in this game is when players don't tip/gft back, but then also request you to send something after you just sent them an unsolicited tip and/or gift! These are the same players who after asking you to invite them to be a neighbor, turn right around and ask/demand a gift after you accept them...and do this without sending tip or gft first! Classic rude behavior. Lol. But here's the thing. It is just a game, and the solution is simple....delete them as neighbors. No conversation required...no wall posts necessary.
There. Problem solved. Enjoy the game!!

kooky panda
05-14-15, 11:11 AM
Closing thread since it is over 3 years old.
Here is a more current thread to post on:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?48495-Bakery-Story-Neighbors-and-etiquette