PDA

View Full Version : Castle: Poll and Suggestion Thread - 9 December 2013

maguar
12-09-13, 03:14 AM
Is there an item/building or decoration missing? Add your suggestion here. It might be included in the next poll in two weeks time. Please give me plenty of these suggestions so I've got lots of options to choose from for the next poll.

Just a reminder to think of upcoming holidays (Halloween is approaching).

If you've got a gameplay suggestion you can also add it here. They will be passed along.

There have been lots of great gameplay suggestions. Pretty please can you make sure to include suggestions for items, decorations etc as well.

You can also add your opinion in the thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39218-Can-only-send-3-different-gifts-per-day&p=446227&viewfull=1#post446227) requesting more gift options or this one (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39358-Missing-Gem-anyone&p=447855&viewfull=1#post447855) on gem confirmations.

schwumeline
12-09-13, 04:46 AM
Hi. I was wondering what should be done with the "left overs" of special Items we collected for special quests like the hot chocolate now and many others. I have also a turkey costume which i didn't manage to put on my cow on time. Will it get stuck in my inventory forever? Maybe we could Trade them into something useful. How about giving them to Ivy so she can do some Magic and transform These Items....

calipitter
12-09-13, 04:58 AM
I would like an easier way to view inventory.

vitriolicheart
12-09-13, 07:01 AM

Agreed. I have a consumables tab that has nothing in it.

Animals and plants being separated and under their own tab. Maybe food items and other items being separated too.

BriarAvenue
12-09-13, 07:38 AM
There should be a way for those to complete their unfinished requests.
What's the point for them to leave half finished idle buildings in their kingdoms?
I've seen some new neighbours starting those undertakings unaware of their limited resources and got stuck.
There should be a way for them to complete though taking longer time maybe.
E.g. Like requesting neighbours for surplus items similar to farm story.

angela3737
12-09-13, 09:40 AM
Fifth ( or sixth) shard from Tablet statue thingy....once you get it ..( like collecting crops with 1/3 energy ).. You get 1/3 energy reduced when collecting animals :)

stlouis4
12-09-13, 09:46 AM
Agree with angela3737

rosym47
12-09-13, 09:57 AM
I would like to be able to craft more things perhaps in the jewellers or Sabine could make things. Also I would like a use for glimmerbulbs.

jimboser
12-09-13, 10:14 AM
Higher level stables/hatchery/mine/sawmill that have increased drops (double or more).
Upgrade for Keep/Barracks to shorten adventure time.

Also better inventory tabs, several have nothing listed at all. Nature (plants/animals)/Decorations/Harvested-collected items (crops/ores/woods/glimmerdust/beast droppings)/Crafted Items.

ginrae22
12-09-13, 10:58 AM
I wish the barracks could be for coins instead of gems and if gems not quite so many. We should all have access to do more quests since everything involves them and it takes months and months to complete them because the quests all take a day and rarely drop what we need.

i agree about the inventory. there are categories but they don't even help! things need to be more organized. Also I really hate that we need the expansion ticket or whatever to expand. It makes it really difficult to expand and then we can't keep out a lot of our buildings out and then when a new goal comes up and we need whichever building i have to completely rearrange my kindgom then do it all over again for the next thing!

Petasos
12-09-13, 11:33 AM
Additional shard(s) which will allow for increased drop rate of tree and/or stones. Much like the Aquifer shard you would get more sap and living wood and/or iron, mithril, jewels, silver etc...

Also a 1/3 energy return on tree and/or stone taps would be cool as well.

My gripe would mostly be about sap. As it is used in more crafting areas then any other resource (maybe not water but it has a shard) it is difficult to keep stocked. So a shard which helps that would be awesome. I am not as concerned with stone products as I have 4 mines to draw from. Sap is another story.

dragoniakingdom
12-09-13, 11:52 AM
The ability to gift more neighbours,as I feel horrible receiving gifts when I have already sent out my 3 gifts for the day.

My suggestion would be to base it on neighbour numbers:

Up to 10 neighbours - 3 daily gifts

11 to 20 - 4 daily gifts

21 to 30 - 5 daily gifts

31 to 40 - 6 daily gifts

41 - 50 - 7 daily gifts

51 - 60 - 8 daily gifts

61 - 70 - 9 daily gifts

71 onwards - capped at 10 daily gifts

luke1100
12-09-13, 12:10 PM
The ability to gift more neighbours,as I feel horrible receiving gifts when I have already sent out my 3 gifts for the day.

11 to 20 - 4 daily gifts

21 to 30 - 5 daily gifts

31 to 40 - 6 daily gifts

41 - 50 - 7 daily gifts

51 - 60 - 8 daily gifts

61 - 70 - 9 daily gifts

Excellent idea

dizzy7373
12-09-13, 12:43 PM
A building that drops wild animal parts, fangbeast, troll, skunkupine etc
It is too random at the moment to get a specific animal and then it's still a low chance of it dropping the piece you need.
troll essence is the main pain for this

katbtodd
12-09-13, 12:45 PM

11 to 20 - 4 daily gifts

21 to 30 - 5 daily gifts

31 to 40 - 6 daily gifts

41 - 50 - 7 daily gifts

51 - 60 - 8 daily gifts

61 - 70 - 9 daily gifts

Great idea , I vote for this too

bawpotter
12-09-13, 02:18 PM
Definitely want a third kitchen, but I'd also like this:

Add a function to the marketplace allowing us to sell specific items in return for gold. Much like the Royal Exchange, except no Trade Tickets or time. For example, we could sell "50 Stone" for 5,000 gold or something like that. Just a way to get rid of excess resources in exchange for some extra gold.

Also, I'd like to see some new food-related transmutes at the magic forge. Transmute 2 Simple Feast into 1 Hearty Feast, or Transmute 2 Hearty Feasts into a Spicy Feast. Maybe even, Transmute (50) Wheat, (10) Fish, (10) Bacon, and (20) Milk into a Simple Feast, without having to go through the intermediary steps.

morgaine2005
12-09-13, 03:39 PM
I have a few suggestions as well:

1) Similar to how the Jeweler already works, giving out jewels as a rare drop, it would be great if the other Royal buildings gave out rare drops as well. The Conservatory could give out petals or maybe sap; the Cathedral could give out earth wisps or even lanterns; the Observatory could give out rare metals (mithril, adamant) or rare items like mermaid scales, etc. These could be super-rare drops, but it would be nice if Royal buildings were good for more than just coins & royal points.
2) A new trade at the Royal Exchange, where you give coins in exchange for ... Something. It doesn't really matter to me; I'd just like to be able to turn the coins I have into something immediately useful.
3) Another new trade allowing us to exchange trade tickets for ornate building supplies (perhaps 40 tickets?).

I also agree with many of the suggestions already made, particularly increasing the gifts we are able to send & receive and the extra knowledge shard.

oaktreemanor
12-09-13, 04:09 PM
I would like to have a confirm screen for using gems. I lose more gems just trying to move around my screen.

poppelia
12-09-13, 04:14 PM
I also would like more things that persons in your kingdom ask from you. To help them out. And It would be very much appreciate if the knowledge shard bug would be fixed. I got one and it disappeared out of my list. I'm still waiting for it to return. Also it would be nice if there were some prices for nice of inventive ways to decorate your kingdom. Now it really does not matter if you make it nice to look at, it is a disadvantage. But overall I am happy enough.

parlski
12-09-13, 04:35 PM

Animals and plants being separated and under their own tab. Maybe food items and other items being separated too.

inventory is rubbish for finding things. mostly when I want to grow crops (the should be a Crops tab?). or perhaps when planting crops, there is a counter right on the item you wish to plant. example you want to plant wheat but have no idea what you have in stores... have a number like 17/99 for example indicating that you have 17 of the maximum 99 for that item? (make sense?)

myndisue
12-09-13, 05:08 PM

11 to 20 - 4 daily gifts

21 to 30 - 5 daily gifts

31 to 40 - 6 daily gifts

41 - 50 - 7 daily gifts

51 - 60 - 8 daily gifts

61 - 70 - 9 daily gifts

And even if you could gift 3 people a "really good" gift and send a basic item to ALL the rest of your neighbors. Something like Home Design were you can gift a gem to 3 but something lesser gift to everyone else.

SpiritWind00
12-09-13, 07:30 PM
Great thread: ok here goes!

1. More gifting or send something out of your own inventory to lots of others if they are in need of something. Unlimited if out of your own stock.
2. A queuing system in the kitchen would be better than a third, like in Farm Story where you can queue items for crafting and not be online all of the time. But a third certainly wouldn't go astray!
3. More walls.
4. More space to write on friends walls. dragon story walls hold heaps unlike here where you can only fit in 15 words.
5. Inventory crop count on the side bar where it brings up the list of crops to plant.
6. The ability to go beyond level 30.
7. More or different coloured flowers that you don't collect from. Craft or buy.

And thanks for the expansions! I love this game and I have the best neighbours too! I would live to be able to help them more with gifts that aren't on the list. (My kingdom is Gardenia).

THANKYOU!

CoalCountry
12-09-13, 08:36 PM
Hi. I was wondering what should be done with the "left overs" of special Items we collected for special quests like the hot chocolate now and many others. I have also a turkey costume which i didn't manage to put on my cow on time. Will it get stuck in my inventory forever? Maybe we could Trade them into something useful. How about giving them to Ivy so she can do some Magic and transform These Items....
I've been thinking of leftovers also. But my idea is for TL to allow players to actually trade items with other neighbors, or even just give other neighbors some items they need.

CoalCountry
12-09-13, 08:50 PM
I love the idea of a third Bakery. But it would be an even greater idea if we could also get a third Workshop AND a third Potion Shop. These time-limited projects are driving me up a wall!! Because these buildings cannot be upgraded, at this moment, and they're the only buildings we could really use more of.

CoalCountry
12-09-13, 09:09 PM

11 to 20 - 4 daily gifts

21 to 30 - 5 daily gifts

31 to 40 - 6 daily gifts

41 - 50 - 7 daily gifts

51 - 60 - 8 daily gifts

61 - 70 - 9 daily gifts

YES, this is a great idea! TL may tweak the neighbors/gifts ratio. But an increase in the number of neighbors to which we may gift is the important issue.

BriarAvenue
12-09-13, 09:47 PM
I love the idea of a third Bakery. But it would be an even greater idea if we could also get a third Workshop AND a third Potion Shop. These time-limited projects are driving me up a wall!! Because these buildings cannot be upgraded, at this moment, and they're the only buildings we could really use more of.

To have shorter collection time will give the same result, but then it doesn't occupy more space.

dracoonic
12-09-13, 10:50 PM
I suggest a junk trade building. player can enter any amount of any type item for a trade of randomness.
Of course, each trade will be quantified as to its amount and rarity provided so that the trade of randomness will give out 1 single item of such value.

Castloninian
12-10-13, 01:40 AM
Love lots of the ideas on here. One small pet peeve I have is that sometimes when you buy a building with gems, you then still have to use building materials to build it. Surely when you've spent gems on something you should just be able to place it?

And I am not sure if this is already the case or not, but for resource buildings it would be an incentive to get better / rarer drops more often as you upgrade the building. As it stands I believe it doesn't matter whether your (deep) mine or sawmill is level 1 or 5 so what is the point in upgrading?

elmacca
12-10-13, 01:48 AM
I agree with previous posters re improving the inventory organization and providing benefits for upgrading buildings etc otherwise there is very little point to it.
I would love to have the limit increased for walls (purely aesthetic) as I like to have a wall around my kingdom and with the new expansions I have run out!
I would like more of those caravans/market trades as they are challenging, but was a shame only US residents could win in the sweepstakes.
Also agree that it would be good to be able to buy and sell as in farm story, and it would be great to go above level 30. No real complaints about the 'rare drop ' items from me as that is what makes this game challenging and addictive, if you took that away it would just be a game of clicking on things without hoping that you get lucky!

Blanche_Lady
12-10-13, 09:31 AM
I agree with everyone on the invetory organization
I would like to be able to give gifts for more than 3 people, i agree with the idea CoalCountry said
I would like that trees could be stored

tanderson573
12-10-13, 10:32 AM
Here's a but of a different idea...
How about a "cash cow" a cow that you can purchase with gems that is going to drop gems every time you collect. I'd spend gems on something that I was certainly going to get my investment back and then some.

tanderson573
12-10-13, 10:37 AM
Autocorrect got the best of me... Should be BIT not but

jimboser
12-10-13, 11:14 AM
Agreeing with what some others have written, scrap the 3rd kitchen and add a queue feature to the crafting buildings (kitchen/workshop/potion/forge/loveshack) and stack up 2 or three deep, collect when you get back like Farm Story.

For the trading with other players, I had previously suggested (in a prior poll) turning the Marketplace building into an actual Marketplace, allowing buys/sells for set quantities of items, and have the buy/sell prices fluctuate based on global market demand. Everyone selling wheat, price goes down. Everyone wants silver, price goes up. Demand drops, price goes back down. Better to use an existing building and just extend the functionality, the coding involved would not be that hard.

Liking the item drop from Sabina's house, all that is dropped now is a small amount of coins, I almost never collect from that building as it isn't worth the energy spend. A princess should drop precious items, gems, silver, etc.

m1stery
12-10-13, 11:28 AM
1) Similar to how the Jeweler already works, giving out jewels as a rare drop, it would be great if the other Royal buildings gave out rare drops as well. The Conservatory could give out petals or maybe sap; the Cathedral could give out earth wisps or even lanterns; the Observatory could give out rare metals (mithril, adamant) or rare items like mermaid scales, etc. These could be super-rare drops, but it would be nice if Royal buildings were good for more than just coins & royal points.

I would love to see something like this! :)

Queenzod
12-10-13, 12:10 PM
I would love to see something like this! :)

The theater could drop ham! ;)

belbar22
12-10-13, 05:50 PM
I would love to be able to gift neighbours gems.

morrisonestate
12-10-13, 06:26 PM
I would like to see the royal buildings drop more than coins, as much material and time it takes to build them they should give more. There should be a trade that offers more than one ticket since we have expansions that need more than one. I like the idea of splitting up the inventory items into the category's that are availble. Offer more useful new buildings/decorations, Although I like the new goals, if the building/decoration does not offer royal points or drop more than coins, I will put it in storage. A third kitchen would be useful, the jimboser suggestion of a buy/sell at the market would be great.
Last but not least, make rare drops rare not impossible.... waiting months for an item to drop is rude to the people who dedicate their time to play the game.

LadyKatja
12-11-13, 06:03 AM
Here are my suggestions:

1. More gifts to neighbors
2. Even though we have expansions now, I wish for the long term players there was even more space to place all the buildings and decorations in the kingdom to kind of show off what you have in a manner you like.
3. I wish you could sell, or give stuff away you don't need anymore.
4. I wish I could see at what level I am (more than 30)
5. If you have 4 hearts in the social bar, you get a gift for it.
6. More walls.

For me point 1 and 2 are the most important ones.

CLOVERKAITO
12-11-13, 06:29 AM
I love the idea of using the Marketplace (just like Farm Story 2) to sell items that I don't need! I always have excess Truffles that I max out over 99 all the time (not having enough bacon, sadly, to use the kitchen to get rid of them at times) and I would love to sell half of them off to the people who need it. My Sir Piggleworth always drops Truffles and I have no use for them whatsoever... On the other hand, I'm always short on saps, and I would love to buy them.

Improved item drop for the Sawmill would be nice. Having it at level 4 but not dropping more saps is kinda annoying... Or add a sap tree that we can grow with guaranteed saps drop per chop.

Adding queue to the kitchen/workshop/potion shop would be nice as well.

BriarAvenue
12-11-13, 07:31 AM
What's the point for them to leave half finished idle buildings in their kingdoms?
I've seen some new neighbours starting those undertakings unaware of their limited resources and got stuck.

Saw the pergola is available for purchase, but does that means people who are half way
will get it fully completed with 200 gems or they need to pay less because they already upgrade
to certain levels? Or they are getting a new one, and hv to go through the upgrade all over again?
I believe the 2nd way is a more equitable solution that will attract people to opt the purchase.

BriarAvenue
12-11-13, 07:35 AM
I love the idea of using the Marketplace (just like Farm Story 2) to sell items that I don't need! I always have excess Truffles that I max out over 99 all the time (not having enough bacon, sadly, to use the kitchen to get rid of them at times) and I would love to sell half of them off to the people who need it. My Sir Piggleworth always drops Truffles and I have no use for them whatsoever... On the other hand, I'm always short on saps, and I would love to buy them.

Improved item drop for the Sawmill would be nice. Having it at level 4 but not dropping more saps is kinda annoying... Or add a sap tree that we can grow with guaranteed saps drop per chop.

Adding queue to the kitchen/workshop/potion shop would be nice as well.

Good for us, but not so from TL perspective bcs chances of people being pressed to purchase with gems will reduce!
But then, if it is possible for Farm Story, why it can't happen here?
People that won't purchase won't after all. See how many time quests remain unfinished in various kingdoms?

wedgegirl
12-11-13, 08:44 AM
I really enjoyed the Fortune Teller riddle quests, and would love to see more of them.

Kwackers
12-11-13, 09:16 AM
To Oaktree Manor. I lost 200 gems when I claimed energy from sweepstake which I did not enter but had to click. I suggest a bank like a caravan to store gems until I want to spend them. Gem loss seems to be the biggest gripe with this game.

bobbert29
12-11-13, 10:03 AM
I didn't check through all of the pages, but I wouldn't mind seeing another Tabernum shard to combine Mithril and Fey Crystals (or some other combination) to create Adamant. I just checked my inventory and noticed I'm approaching 50 Mithril, so just saying...

cad33
12-11-13, 11:37 AM
Things I've wanted to see for a while:

1.) Inventory that actually sorted by tabs usefully (Quest items, Crops, etc.)
2.) All the tabs getting used for buildings, inventory, etc.
3.) Another shard quest or two (like 10x Mithril -> 1x Adamant.)
4.) Being able to put a down payment of gems for a single item. Once spent, they can't be "unspent" but if you have something you want and are worried about gem traps (like I've been suffering all too much and too long); it would be nice to dedicate them to that one item that requires gems to buy. Myself, I want a barracks next. I'd like to take all the gems I have right now and dump them into the 'Barracks' pool. I'll keep doing that until I get the Barracks.
5.) I'd like to be able to gift 3 people, and in additional, also GIFT BACK another 5 or so people. I have 433 neighbors. Gifting only 3 people per day is, well, less than 1% of my neighbors.

shellandtrev
12-11-13, 06:27 PM
Can we please have the option to give our neighbours excess stock from our inventory I know I'm always maxed out on truffles and prime cuts, which I know some people could use and I have 10 apple trees of which only 3 are in my kingdom and are purely for decoration as I'm maxed out on apples too. And don't even get me started on mushroom circles I have over 70 of those. Also a Deep Mine equivalent for sap and wood eg Super Sawmill would be fantastic

mamadi8896
12-11-13, 10:41 PM
Additional shard(s) which will allow for increased drop rate of tree and/or stones. Much like the Aquifer shard you would get more sap and living wood and/or iron, mithril, jewels, silver etc...

Also a 1/3 energy return on tree and/or stone taps would be cool as well.

My gripe would mostly be about sap. As it is used in more crafting areas then any other resource (maybe not water but it has a shard) it is difficult to keep stocked. So a shard which helps that would be awesome. I am not as concerned with stone products as I have 4 mines to draw from. Sap is another story.

I totally agree. We need another type of mill or a syrup tap to acquire more sap at an accelerated pace. So much is needed and it's very difficult to grow and chop enough trees or collect enough from the two mills to build or upgrade everything.

meme1098
12-12-13, 07:43 AM
I really would like to be able to zoom or pan out further to see all of my kingdom. Please TL, make this available soon, pretty please!?.

fairyfalls
12-12-13, 07:59 AM
Here are some ideas: Hunting lodge, maypole, horse and cart, haystacks, dressmaker/tailor, pheasants and ducks, counting house, candle maker, hot spring & bath house, catapult, armory, soap maker, maze.

meme1098
12-12-13, 08:18 AM
And maybe some kinda exercise lodge for all the overweight knights after sweet feasts & holiday feasts with the gingerbread men & cocoa.:p

katbtodd
12-12-13, 08:29 AM

Wow wouldn't that be nice.. I know in home design we could ,, we could gift lots but only 3 gems

katbtodd
12-12-13, 08:29 AM
It's cute you have us named,,I'm a rhino keeper ... To cute

fairyfalls
12-12-13, 11:36 AM
More ideas: sentry post, palace guards, cobbler, town crier.

joanie_land13
12-12-13, 03:46 PM
Seems to me one should be able to buy gems with coins. You can buy coins with gems so the opposite should be available!

shambalaya
12-14-13, 04:55 AM
I would like the jousting arena to do something, perhaps duels as a way of upgrading the s****s of our fearless knights - and increased chances of bringing back rare goods from faraway lands.

youbugme
12-14-13, 06:50 AM

I couldn't agree more!

dubbleyooteeyef
12-14-13, 08:44 PM
Decent coding and gameplay.

8theSniper
12-15-13, 03:43 AM
I too would like to trade in left-over items for other stuff! You know? like the fall leaves and the hot chocolate.

rabsos
12-16-13, 02:34 PM
Definitely want a third kitchen, but I'd also like this:

Add a function to the marketplace allowing us to sell specific items in return for gold. Much like the Royal Exchange, except no Trade Tickets or time. For example, we could sell "50 Stone" for 5,000 gold or something like that. Just a way to get rid of excess resources in exchange for some extra gold.

Also, I'd like to see some new food-related transmutes at the magic forge. Transmute 2 Simple Feast into 1 Hearty Feast, or Transmute 2 Hearty Feasts into a Spicy Feast. Maybe even, Transmute (50) Wheat, (10) Fish, (10) Bacon, and (20) Milk into a Simple Feast, without having to go through the intermediary steps.

I like this idea a lot then we won't have as many things left over in our inventory like extra stuff we can pawn off

rabsos
12-16-13, 02:36 PM
I like this idea

Gardienn
12-16-13, 03:05 PM
New ideas:

1. Put faeries to good use. Instead of give them to us in trapped jars, make them like the butterflies in Farm Story 2 where they randomly appear in our land and we click on them to collect drops: coins, energy, gems, blocks, any number of things.

2. Institute collections like in FS2. Give us something (not impossible, please!) to collect and turn in for rewards, and make it revolving, so we always feel like we can work toward and receive something.

Previously suggested I want to reiterate:

1. Allow us to group neighbors, particularly into a fave friends tab
2. A maple tree that drops primarily sap with maple syrup as sometimes drops

Yes to posts in this thread:

1. Upping neighbor gift limits based on number of neighbors
2. Gifting out of own inventory
3. Sorting inventory appropriately
4. Working marketplace building like the newspaper in FS2

jasper67
12-16-13, 04:54 PM
Being able to trade surplus items either with neighbours or through the market place would be great.
Also have trouble with unintended gem purchases.
Would also like inventory better organised.

EllieTheBeeEater
12-17-13, 02:45 PM
This is an exciting thread! I love CS but I am not very happy with the new Xmas trees - I know it's been covered in the other thread but I'd like them to change to regular random gift DROPS instead of needing to be chopped down.

Anyway, other ideas... I think more adventure locations would be really exciting. Especially if it required more types of meals to prepare :)

EllieTheBeeEater
12-17-13, 02:47 PM
Oh and definitely more trade options, I love the petal idea in the poll above, and maybe more involving foods like flour/sugar

Laucha10
12-17-13, 08:44 PM
I agree with everyone else. Why isn't our inventory categorized?? The tabs are already there!
I would also like to be able to send more gifts, even if it's just from my personal inventory. I think it's common curtesy to gift back when you get a gift. I don't think either of these suggestions will decrease your sales so please take them into consideration. Thanks :)

professorcharizard
12-17-13, 11:32 PM
I think it would be great to have a use for the marketplace, not just as a coin resource building, but as a place to unload maxed out items. Much like in farm story 2, where you can post items (ex 10 fishes for 500 gold) and your neighbors could shop through them in a sort of mass listing (ex 10 fishes 500 gold sold by so and so kingdom)

I hope this makes some sort of sense haha

PJColley
12-18-13, 09:32 AM

I have wondered the same thing many times: Why all those tabs in the Storage area, and some are not even being used. "Consumables" is a very good example!

sumsumonia
12-18-13, 11:44 AM
Hi, I was wondering if the chance of a random drop can go up if the rare item does not drop. then, even if you don't get the needed item the first drops, you know that evetualy the item will drop. when it does, the counter will be set back to the original % of drop rate.

guyrye
12-18-13, 01:33 PM
Why do so many want a third kitchen? I think the last three choices are more helpful and better quality for the game.

jimboser
12-18-13, 03:27 PM
Why do so many want a third kitchen? I think the last three choices are more helpful and better quality for the game.

May be more due to how frequently players can play the game. If you can only play a few times a day, it hurts only having two kitchens, or not having the ability to queue up items for crafting. If you can play often, it's not as big a deal.

jimboser
12-18-13, 03:29 PM
Hi, I was wondering if the chance of a random drop can go up if the rare item does not drop. then, even if you don't get the needed item the first drops, you know that evetualy the item will drop. when it does, the counter will be set back to the original % of drop rate.

I had posted some pseudo code in one of the threads for the glimmerbat quest that pretty much handled that situation. Not that the programmers are likely to implement it...

calipitter
12-18-13, 07:37 PM
The theater could drop ham! ;)

Yes! I love this idea! I wouldn't even mind if we had to raise buildings to level 6 to get rare drops added to the coin buildings. Any that could drop food, especially feasts would be very appreciated.

calipitter
12-18-13, 07:46 PM

I don't really WANT a third kitchen but my knights sit idle too much since I can't cook fast enough, perhaps we could **** two birds with one stone and instead of a flower trade we could send the knights out on a petal "peace" mission. LOL!

jtm101
12-18-13, 09:12 PM

I really need a third kitchen to help make feasts for my knights
I did some maths on how many times it takes to collect from the kitchen to make each of the feasts. I took into account each sugar/flour etc needed to make each feast.

Simple - 9
Hearty - 13
Spicy - 21
Sweet - 41

As you can see the Sweet Feast takes alot of work. You need to log in to your game 21 times just to collect from your two kitchens to make the Sweet Feast. Not easy to send those knights off on that Desert Sands adventure regularly.

sabbywabbys
12-19-13, 01:45 AM
Come on guys vote for petal trade! They are so easy to get and we dont do anything with them! Plus with the new expansions requiring so many permits it would really help!

Blanche_Lady
12-19-13, 04:19 PM
it would be great a finder in the inventory, you could write what you are looking for.

sassmastah
12-19-13, 04:48 PM

And I would love to be your neighbour! :D

jtm101
12-19-13, 05:15 PM
I would rather be gifted Sap than a Gem.

dezzzila
12-19-13, 11:24 PM
TeamLava,
I love this game. I really do. But it is realllllllllly kind of ridiculous that you keep making these timed seasonal goals that only people that have been playing for over 6 months can complete.
Why not just make more levels, more quests to go along with those levels, so the old loyal players can level up and everyone who plays will eventually get there? And make the seasonal, limited time quest content available to everyone?
I think every player would appreciate if you could focus on increasing levels, making new quest lines to go with those levels with harder items to collect, etc., but make the holiday stuff so your newer players (apparently level 24 and under) are able to participate in those limited time quest lines too.
I would be so much more apt to buying gems and using them to speed up my items if I knew I had a chance of completing the quest, and I have done this with the Thanksgiving quests, because there was a good chance I would make it, even if I had to use a few gems it was worth it. I got lucky with the Inn. But this quest I can't even use gems because it is impossible. It is the expectancy theory- you can't motivate us by something we expect we won't be able to receive anyway, even if we try really, really hard and play all dang week.

I really hope the super high limited time seasonal quest lines dies with this one.... and I really hope the fairy one isn't as outrageous as this. I am amazed that you are seemingly not losing players at rapid speed with these limited time quests. But I suppose that must be when you are a new player there is tons of other stuff to do....

Please just take it into consideration. Us younger players would love to look back a year from now and be able to see and prove that we were playing last Christmas by having a reindeer in our kingdom too :)

upcloud
12-20-13, 02:50 AM
I sometimes lost gem by accident. I hope when I use the gem, I can be asked "Are you sure?"

And about the time limited quest, I hope that if we cannot finish in time, we can still finish it by using double resource or money.

I also like to exchange money for resource in Royal Exchange.

Castloninian
12-20-13, 02:21 PM
I would love to be able to get rid of a building that you didn't build yet. I bought the reindeer stable and now knowing all the requirements I know I won't be able to complete this. I can throw in 4 royal beams and 4 royal blocks, 2 builders paste and 99 wheat to build it only to store or sell but I don't want to waste these materials. So please, can we have the store option? Or at least a delete option?

troubadours
12-20-13, 06:27 PM
Having the ability to gift mermaid scales would be nice since my kingdom is always in a shortage

evritta
12-22-13, 11:12 AM
Love the game but it definitely needs better inventory. It would be great if every item you made had the inventory listed. For example, if I go to my Workshop and go to make an Ornate Block, it could say on the photo how many I have in inventory.

Also, I have been at level 30 since June or so. I always looked forward to leveling up so I got more energy. There needs to be rewards for those over Level 30. Why else give us blue stars. They mean nothing.

I too have lost gems by accident. There should ALWAYS be a confirm buttom when spending gems.

Last, the drop rate of items most definitely changes based on goals. For example, I use to always get living wood....was maxed out for months until about September. Suddenly it dwindled. The past day I have cut trees (10) and 6 deadwood and did ot get one!!. Also, my sawmill dropped one today. First drop in many days. The only living wood I have gotten in 4 days I have crafted (except I got 1 today from sawmill finally). I have noticed this on other quest too but paid more attention on this one (I have taken notes). This seems unfair and self serving for TL.

CoalCountry
12-22-13, 11:39 AM
To have shorter collection time will give the same result, but then it doesn't occupy more space.
That is true. Greater idea! But if that should be the case, I would also like to have energy refills at a faster rate. Or MORE energy altogether.

kaif8770
12-22-13, 11:45 PM
A building that drops wild animal parts, fangbeast, troll, skunkupine etc
It is too random at the moment to get a specific animal and then it's still a low chance of it dropping the piece you need.
troll essence is the main pain for this

I agree that would be great. Many beast drops are required. Triggering skunkupinesare too difficult. If a building is present to supply those things that would be wonderful.

kaif8770
12-22-13, 11:49 PM
I sometimes lost gem by accident. I hope when I use the gem, I can be asked "Are you sure?"

And about the time limited quest, I hope that if we cannot finish in time, we can still finish it by using double resource or money.

I also like to exchange money for resource in Royal Exchange.

Thats a great idea.

kaif8770
12-23-13, 12:02 AM
Seems to me one should be able to buy gems with coins. You can buy coins with gems so the opposite should be available!

Yes. I have wondered about it when started the game.

kaif8770
12-23-13, 12:10 AM
Agreeing with what some others have written, scrap the 3rd kitchen and add a queue feature to the crafting buildings (kitchen/workshop/potion/forge/loveshack) and stack up 2 or three deep, collect when you get back like Farm Story.

For the trading with other players, I had previously suggested (in a prior poll) turning the Marketplace building into an actual Marketplace, allowing buys/sells for set quantities of items, and have the buy/sell prices fluctuate based on global market demand. Everyone selling wheat, price goes down. Everyone wants silver, price goes up. Demand drops, price goes back down. Better to use an existing building and just extend the functionality, the coding involved would not be that hard.

Liking the item drop from Sabina's house, all that is dropped now is a small amount of coins, I almost never collect from that building as it isn't worth the energy spend. A princess should drop precious items, gems, silver, etc.

You are right. I totally agree with you.

kaif8770
12-23-13, 12:24 AM
I would suggest decreasing the time for adventures. We have to wait a day and thats too long. I prefer the ancient vault adventure to be 10 hours and hunt roaming bandits 12 hours, dark cave adventure 16 hours and the traverse the desert sands to be 20 hours. So we could send our knights more frequently and get rewards more frequently.

tlewis2223
12-23-13, 03:55 PM
How about letting us buy more walls and arches. It says you can't buy more until you level up but we can't get any higher then level 30.

dizzy7373
12-24-13, 12:17 PM
I'd like to see some new food-related transmutes at the magic forge. Transmute 2 Simple Feast into 1 Hearty Feast, or Transmute 2 Hearty Feasts into a Spicy Feast. Maybe even, Transmute (50) Wheat, (10) Fish, (10) Bacon, and (20) Milk into a Simple Feast, without having to go through the intermediary steps.

As others have stated the option when crafting to queue builds up, this would enable this idea too as you would queue wheat to flour, flour to bread etc

And I am not sure if this is already the case or not, but for resource buildings it would be an incentive to get better / rarer drops more often as you upgrade the building. As it stands I believe it doesn't matter whether your (deep) mine or sawmill is level 1 or 5 so what is the point in upgrading?

Currently there is no real incentive to upgrade the buildings, the collection time is reduced slightly but as I tend to collect from them before work, and then after work then there is no need for a 6 hour versus 8 hour collection time as I will still only collect twice a day.
Increasing the drop rate for rare drops, level 1 could be 5% chance, level 2, 10 % etc would make the upgrading worthwhile

or as in farm story the seller sets the price, there is a median price already set and the seller chooses to go higher or lower, I would definitely pay over the odds for some resources and others I would virtually give away as I am always maxed out

hawaiifrycat
12-24-13, 12:44 PM
Organize inventory viewing. I don't want to scroll through every item I have, just to find out what crops I'm low on.
Items from past quests: I noticed that in BS & RS, items from past goals were being used in new goals. If TL plans to do this for CS, then a separate tab in inventory for these past items would be helpful.
More drops! I love drops! It's like Christmas :D

paxamericana
12-24-13, 01:02 PM
I have a suggestion for decorations. I would like to have rivers with bridges winding through my kingdom. Also I would like to have a wooden gate for the farms that takes up only one space so it is easier to fit in small spaces. I'd like a wooden fence also but a smaller gate would be great. For the entrance area to a kingdom I would like a grander gate. The regular stone gate could join with two towers to make a big gate. One last thing, I would like a entryway sign maybe made of stone like the entrance to many subdivisions. Thanks for listening to my suggestions for more decorations.

my607
12-24-13, 01:02 PM
I want a trader building. I have so many things that is sitting in inventory. I don't remember exactly what I have but they are useless right now.

paxamericana
12-24-13, 01:12 PM
You could have a temple or mosque or shrine for other religions.

rosepetal58
12-25-13, 09:25 PM
I agree with ginrae22 on everything and with the other for sorting out our inventory with better categories. I would rather have another workshop or potion shop. We seem to use it more. I would like to see the trees give out more sap. I had one tree that did not give me but 1 sap. Thanks for putting out a red trillium plant but should be able to buy with coins.

wilcatz
12-26-13, 11:46 AM
I'd love to see this also

BriarAvenue
12-26-13, 01:10 PM

To elaborate further for the TL team, you guys need to understand the players' more.
The subsequent offer to buy those buildings or animals give less sense of achievement
than the ability to complete the goal. Especially if it costs them few gems than to purchase
(since they finish half-way already).

I note my neighbors rather leaving projects incomplete than to buy the buildings right out.
Meaning - TL gets nothing, they get nothing. Not a win-win situation.
People play for the joy n fun of it, not to get stressed and agonized.
Same for the utilities of spending, if you are forced to spend, then no fun and no motivation to spend.
Get it, TL? You guys probably end up getting more if you relax it a little.
Further, if I see my neighbors all finishing it, then I will be more tempted not left behind.
But if many of my neighbors are not completing, so what the heck if I don't complete?

deadeye204
12-26-13, 10:05 PM
I would like to see a better way to get sap. Iron has an iron rich rock. Add an affordable sap rich tree that drop sap at the same rate that iron rich rock drops iron.

deadeye204
12-26-13, 10:07 PM
I would also like the number of gifts to increase even if it is only a small increase. 5-6 gifts a day does would be reasonable, and wouldn't drastically change the dynamic of the game but would allow you to create a larger network among your friends.

jtm101
12-26-13, 10:43 PM
I would like to see a better way to get sap. Iron has an iron rich rock. Add an affordable sap rich tree that drop sap at the same rate that iron rich rock drops iron.

We got this today. Two new trees, one you chop for coins, another you keep and collect every 4hrs like a glimmer trove. Check your game, in Featured.

ganda12habibi
12-26-13, 11:54 PM
To elaborate further for the TL team, you guys need to understand the players' more.
The subsequent offer to buy those buildings or animals give less sense of achievement
than the ability to complete the goal. Especially if it costs them few gems than to purchase
(since they finish half-way already).

I note my neighbors rather leaving projects incomplete than to buy the buildings right out.
Meaning - TL gets nothing, they get nothing. Not a win-win situation.
People play for the joy n fun of it, not to get stressed and agonized.
Same for the utilities of spending, if you are forced to spend, then no fun and no motivation to spend.
Get it, TL? You guys probably end up getting more if you relax it a little.
Further, if I see my neighbors all finishing it, then I will be more tempted not left behind.
But if many of my neighbors are not completing, so what the heck if I don't complete?

Yah i agree with ur advice or comment @BriarAvenue for TL..Like me im very stressed coz i want to finish my goal but i cant coz i dont have enough money to buy gems for the quest or i dont have gems to spend/buy the items.. Hope tl can help us.. Thanks u also BriarAvenue

EBJW
12-29-13, 05:33 AM
Absolutely, I agree too!!

The last months we received several time-quests. But all SO narrow timed (not to mention a certain turkey quest that stopped earlier than planned, causing lots of distress). Right now I first check out this forum whenever a new quest pops up, to see if it's reasonably possible. That's why I skipped the last one....

Yes, of course, we can spend precious gems, but the whole fun in a quest is to complete it on your own, 'with bare hands'. These time-quests are so narrow timed (and the random-factor doesn't help, some people are lucky, but not all....) that it causes too much stress, considering....
Right now you must make schedules and work around the clock, for most it's really a race against time.

Lately I've seen too much unfinished buildings. And when some finish them (with gems) after the quest, well, they end up with a nice building without the special benefit.

Please, give us a break, and a little less stress!!

denizey
12-29-13, 03:07 PM
I would like to have a confirm screen for using gems. I lose more gems just trying to move around my screen.
Absolutely agree with this. The number of times I've accidentally spent gems by speeding up something that I don't actually need in a hurry is really frustrating, especially when I'm saving my gems for something in particular. I actually feel rage when that happens as I'm sure others do lol.

Can something be done for a future bug update? How hard is it to add a "You are about to spend gems. Do you wish to continue? Yes. No." screen?

marse66
12-30-13, 04:41 AM
I would like to see several updates at once instead of waiting and hoping for weekly updates...

SargeS40
12-31-13, 11:08 PM
i would like to see a confirm screen also i keep having the same problem.

mulan12
01-01-14, 01:59 AM
Yes, I agree! You have all those categories to split the items up and, but you don't! For starters about one says 'crops, that would definitely make it easier to find out which crop you need to grow. Another one for animals would be nice, and one for plants which includes flowers, trees and mushrooms. Most of those tabs are empty and could be helping us!

mulan12
01-01-14, 02:05 AM
I want to be able to delete those buildings that I was unable to finish because of such a short quest time. Now I read above that even if I do finish them I will get the benefit of what they have to offer. This sucks!!! I may just delete this game; it's getting boring there's never enough Energy to do everything you need to do. On top of this you had timed quests which were possible to complete during the holidays. You trying to make us all unhappy with this game, because you're doing a good job.

mulan12
01-01-14, 02:10 AM
Absolutely agree with this. The number of times I've accidentally spent gems by speeding up something that I don't actually need in a hurry is really frustrating, especially when I'm saving my gems for something in particular. I actually feel rage when that happens as I'm sure others do lol.

Can something be done for a future bug update? How hard is it to add a "You are about to spend gems. Do you wish to continue? Yes. No." screen?
I totally agree! It's hard enough to earn those gems and then to have been taken away because of an accidental tap is ridiculous. You should also have more ways to earn gem's. I don't know what people are talking about when they say they are offered free gems from installing and playing another game. I have never seen this and I've been playing for a year.

mulan12
01-01-14, 02:14 AM
Absolutely, I agree too!!

The last months we received several time-quests. But all SO narrow timed (not to mention a certain turkey quest that stopped earlier than planned, causing lots of distress). Right now I first check out this forum whenever a new quest pops up, to see if it's reasonably possible. That's why I skipped the last one....

Yes, of course, we can spend precious gems, but the whole fun in a quest is to complete it on your own, 'with bare hands'. These time-quests are so narrow timed (and the random-factor doesn't help, some people are lucky, but not all....) that it causes too much stress, considering....
Right now you must make schedules and work around the clock, for most it's really a race against time.

Lately I've seen too much unfinished buildings. And when some finish them (with gems) after the quest, well, they end up with a nice building without the special benefit.

Please, give us a break, and a little less stress!!

I agree with everything said. And as luck goes, I don't have any I guess, after over a yr. I've never gotten An Apple tree. I finally gave in and bought one and I'm not happy about it!!!

JustKay
01-01-14, 05:12 AM
What can we do with Skunkpies? I got 2 of these randomly a while ago, but no more seem to be dropping. Would be cool to find a use for these items.

MBRBTBRB
01-01-14, 07:35 AM
I'd love to have a horse! A horse could drop "fertilizer", which you can use on a plot to halve the growing time of whatever is planted there.

dizzy7373
01-01-14, 11:43 AM
What can we do with Skunkpies? I got 2 of these randomly a while ago, but no more seem to be dropping. Would be cool to find a use for these items.

I'm sure these were needed to be made for one of the questlines, and then promptly forgotten about.
Quite a few random items just sitting gathering dust in the inventory

marse66
01-01-14, 06:31 PM
I too have been a victim of losing gems by mistake and wonder if we can get an "undo" button?

rabsos
01-01-14, 06:52 PM
I'd love to see this also

I would like maybe all that to go into like a royal kitchen then we would have more options to get adventures done faster now that we have the barracks. It would be really nice to have different ways to make feasts, some are easy but a little change can make it entertaining. Like as was mentioned before :)

QueenCarolyn
01-01-14, 11:14 PM

YES! I agree!

Anyuszko
01-02-14, 02:23 AM
What I would like to see, is a big challenge for old players. Such as a new royal building, which requires really high amount of things (99 enchanted beams... 99 mythrils... like this), also high amount for each upgrades.
It may be a big challenge to complete it.

What is important:
- should be no time dependent quest
- shouldnt be the building bought for gems (ok you can complete each upgrade parts with buying the required things instead of collecting)
- at the end, it should give really good drops (maybe gems)

JustKay
01-02-14, 05:01 AM
Where's this new years fairy update?! I so want to see what's going to happen next!

JustKay
01-02-14, 05:09 AM
I don't know what people are talking about when they say they are offered free gems from installing and playing another game. I have never seen this and I've been playing for a year.

This is when you get a goal to install a different TL game. The goal actually has no reward (zip, nada, nothing) because it's against Apple rules to do this and try to game the AppStore rankings. However to circumvent this rule, once you install the game and open it, a second goal will appear to collect coins from a building. This second goal is the one that has gem rewards. It's usually 30 gems to install the app, and then subsequent game milestones playing the new app nets you 15 gems (usually 3 times - eg. reach level 4, level 7 and then level 10 in Dragon Story)

echowuuu
01-02-14, 05:45 AM
How about lv 40?

h72g
01-02-14, 02:33 PM
I would love that the fortune teller tent would be used more. Maybe Ivy could predict the next update - just like the teasers on the forum and maybe with a (helpful) hint like: "next thursday, you will plant lots of wheat" or "next week I see lots of faeries flying around us - they look kind of angry" or "tomorrow I see our knights leave on a new mission". So that everybody who is not (always) reading the forum, gets a small warning..

CLOVERKAITO
01-02-14, 06:09 PM
I would love that the fortune teller tent would be used more. Maybe Ivy could predict the next update - just like the teasers on the forum and maybe with a (helpful) hint like: "next thursday, you will plant lots of wheat" or "next week I see lots of faeries flying around us - they look kind of angry" or "tomorrow I see our knights leave on a new mission". So that everybody who is not (always) reading the forum, gets a small warning..

I second this! This is a fantastic idea! I have stopped collecting from the fortune teller tent unless I have energy to spare; now this would give people incentive to collect from it!

vontalken
01-02-14, 11:04 PM
I like the third kitchen idea yes But i would really love to see the tinker camp expanded to handle some kitchen duties the way it handles some of the potion and workshop duties. Granted this is my layout side speaking as I like symmetry .. 2 mines 2 stables 2 wood shops 2 workshops 2 potion shops 2 kitchens.. etc.. :cool: adding just a generic third kitchen would really throw off the city planning and organization committee :o

vednir
01-03-14, 11:28 AM
With the new faerie quest I want to resurrect an old suggestion of partial loading/unloading a quest item. This would allow you to contribute a few jewels, silver, glimmer dust, etc. to a quest without having to give up your entire stash all at once.

mjauuuu
01-03-14, 11:50 AM
With the new faerie quest I want to resurrect an old suggestion of partial loading/unloading a quest item. This would allow you to contribute a few jewels, silver, glimmer dust, etc. to a quest without having to give up your entire stash all at once.

This sounds interesting. I actually like this idea a lot! Would be great if they implemented a feature like this.

SpuriousNotion
01-03-14, 11:22 PM
I finally found someone who had a few hedges and they didn't interlock like roads.. or hedges normally would for that matter! That would have tempted me to invest a few gems into hedges as it would have looked more natural.

MarysMorsels
01-04-14, 08:39 AM
The queuing system for the kitchen, workshop, potion shop, etc is a great idea

skxuelin
01-06-14, 01:06 AM
I totally agree with this! Just lost gems because of moving around the screen, I was not even clicking rapidly or anything. Have mercy on people who play in tiny screen of IPhone. In total I have lost more than hundred of gems. If I know my gems are safe, I will spend money to buy :)

ahomeforme
01-06-14, 01:22 AM
I would love a place to admire all my hard earned badges. Maybe put them all under the special tab in inventory? That way there is no need to scroll down the long inventory. It is a collection after all, we don't use them for anything else, do we?
And also a place/tab to put all those things that only have 1 piece limit (cannot be sold/used up) eg. all the cool swords we crafted :-D

HHT2013
01-06-14, 12:19 PM
Really need something that regular drop mermaid scales.... would love a mermaid in a grotto or pond etc...

Aggwynn
01-06-14, 12:25 PM
Really need something that regular drop mermaid scales.... would love a mermaid in a grotto or pond etc...

Feb. =)

mjauuuu
01-06-14, 12:40 PM
Feb. =)

Yay!!!:D Thank you 'Aggwynn'. Can't wait!!

katbtodd
01-06-14, 01:30 PM
I totally agree with this! Just lost gems because of moving around the screen, I was not even clicking rapidly or anything. Have mercy on people who play in tiny screen of IPhone. In total I have lost more than hundred of gems. If I know my gems are safe, I will spend money to buy :)

If we are voting I vote for this,,, I buy more too

Queenzod
01-06-14, 02:42 PM
I started playing another game that has a nice in-game feature. There are 3 mini games that come up once a day, along the lines of whack a mole or kiss the frog. You get 2 energy and a little something else. I was thinking how nice that would be in CS. You could get out of the fortune teller problem by making a new mini game that happens in the tent that you choose a card out of a field of 4 or 5 cards and then you get an energy or two, and a random drop. Or choose one from three crystal balls. Anything from a sugar or apple to something that's great, like a wing or dragon scale. The game actually is a little more complicated than that, but that's the general idea. It makes the game more interesting for people when were slogging thru the goals, or better yet, during those long dry spells in between updates.

I think for some of the games they give you a better chance of something fabulous if you use gems, but you can also play on the free platform. So, it's an incentive to use gems, makes the game more fun, and would solve the fortune teller problem.

avidbeader
01-08-14, 07:39 AM
I would like to see horses in front of the carriages.

tanderson573
01-08-14, 12:07 PM
This isn't a suggestion for something to add but team lava can you not expand or at the very least rearrange your Stormie's Castle kingdom? I'd like to look at something different when I'm visiting your kingdom every day. You don't have any of the new buildings or even expanded to some of the goals that you should have at a 30 level kingdom. I'm sure you have the ability to make it look beautiful and put some rare items in there that lower level players are not able to have.

Just a suggestion

jaybay1147
01-08-14, 02:40 PM
Yay polls. .-.

my607
01-09-14, 05:15 AM
I think a 3rd kitchen will be necessary for everyone. It makes it a lot easier especially if the goals require a lot of things.

jaybay1147
01-13-14, 01:54 PM
Please have a third kitchen.

kooky panda
01-13-14, 02:48 PM
Thanks for all the votes!! Results have been submitted!