PDA

View Full Version : Gol Durn Fangbeasts!

Queenzod
12-07-13, 06:42 PM
Is anybody else getting tons of these right now? I'm getting 3 beasts for every 4 milks I collect, and they're draining what little energy I have. I'm getting really irritated with this. I don't mind losing one or two energies for a beastie, but these guys regularly steal 3 energies! It's really too much, especially if they're going to show up by the dozens. I must have ****ed 2 dozen Fangbeasts in the last day and a half. And for some reason, I can't get a troll to show up to block them.

TL, you really need to look at the rate of energy stealing from these bad boys. Thanks!

caius76
12-07-13, 07:42 PM
I think I get 10 of these for every skunk or troll. I've literally been getting 3 fang beasts for every 4-5 cows I collect

jimboser
12-07-13, 08:32 PM
I managed to trigger one in an area I didn't need to collect from, and I'm not needing any monster parts right now, so I can safely ignore it without having to waste energy fighting them.

Queenzod
12-07-13, 08:48 PM
I think I'll put a cow over in a corner. I've had FIVE more since I made that post an hour ago.

faeriedust
12-07-13, 09:04 PM
I get them all the time while chopping. One chop -oops theres a beast- two chops later theres another one. And skunkupines too.

Queenzod
12-07-13, 09:35 PM
I get them all the time while chopping. One chop -oops theres a beast- two chops later theres another one. And skunkupines too.

Yes, but with skunkupines, you break even on energy, and sometimes get extra. Fangbeasts just steal energy.

jimboser
12-07-13, 09:46 PM
Just trap one out of the way and your cows are safe. I lost access to two ponds and two sheep, but have a pond, 4 wells, and another sheep still accessible, so I'm fine with that until this current quest is done.

marse66
12-07-13, 09:49 PM
I have a corner where I keep my mushrooms and whenever I want to trap a monster I start collecting and eventually trap one. I keep it there for as long as I don't need the resources from them. Works every time.

faeriedust
12-07-13, 09:54 PM
Yes, but with skunkupines, you break even on energy, and sometimes get extra. Fangbeasts just steal energy.

Oh, I never noticed. I thought all the monsters took one or two energy.

Queenzod
12-07-13, 10:03 PM
Just trap one out of the way and your cows are safe. I lost access to two ponds and two sheep, but have a pond, 4 wells, and another sheep still accessible, so I'm fine with that until this current quest is done.

I don't seem to be able to trap one! I've been trying for hours. They're not going for the bait, they're going for my herd! I think I need to take a little break and give myself a time out before I throw my iPad across he room. :)

jimboser
12-07-13, 10:15 PM
I don't seem to be able to trap one! I've been trying for hours. They're not going for the bait, they're going for my herd! I think I need to take a little break and give myself a time out before I throw my iPad across he room. :)

Break up the herd, spread them out, you may lose one, but the rest are safe. I ended up buying a few more cows so I could collect milk more quickly, might be a good option too.

CoalCountry
12-07-13, 11:11 PM
When I expanded close to the Troll Pit, I was overrun with those things for 2 or 3 days. Then today I finally uncovered the Troll King. Don't know how many I will get now. Because I'm not wasting the energy to **** the king, when I need it for all these Polaris journeys. (That's in my other kingdom. It's on level 30 now.) And the newer kingdom (level 25) is the one getting all the Fangbeasts and Skunkupines! But I do what JimBoser does. If the Troll, Skunkupine, or Fangbeast pops up in an area where I'm not working, I try to keep it there as long as I can. Sometimes I just get tired of looking at it though, and go ahead and **** the bugger!

Queenzod
12-07-13, 11:44 PM
HA! I managed to trap one of the nasty buggers away from my herds. Unfortunately, it's blocking...

Wait for it.....

The Kingdom Inn.

I must have had too much irony for dinner or something. :)

dng1234
12-08-13, 08:05 AM
If you have the stairs still spitting out the gate trolls then move your stairs off in left field and trigger one of them.

Queenzod
12-08-13, 08:30 AM
The gate is useless for me now. It's closed. I wish we could store it! I kinda resent having to use a precious energy every two hours just to collect a couple of coins I don't need from a useless thing.

jptheripper
12-08-13, 10:34 AM
i love them, replenishing my teeth and bones from the caravan. Bring them on!

meme1098
12-08-13, 12:18 PM
The gate is useless for me now. It's closed. I wish we could store it! I kinda resent having to use a precious energy every two hours just to collect a couple of coins I don't need from a useless thing.

Haven't collected from my gate in probably almost a week. Wish I could store the darn thing, too. It's just taking up valuable space.

tigarlilyvol
12-08-13, 12:28 PM
Been easing them in troll hunters trade not only get 25,000 coins but works towards expansion permits,.

maguar
12-08-13, 02:38 PM
When I expanded close to the Troll Pit, I was overrun with those things for 2 or 3 days. Then today I finally uncovered the Troll King. Don't know how many I will get now. Because I'm not wasting the energy to **** the king, when I need it for all these Polaris journeys. (That's in my other kingdom. It's on level 30 now.) And the newer kingdom (level 25) is the one getting all the Fangbeasts and Skunkupines! But I do what JimBoser does. If the Troll, Skunkupine, or Fangbeast pops up in an area where I'm not working, I try to keep it there as long as I can. Sometimes I just get tired of looking at it though, and go ahead and **** the bugger!

If you're leaving the king untouched you won't get any other monsters spawning in your kingdom. Once you've defeated him the beasties will be back.