PDA

View Full Version : Blade and Hilt of darkness

BungoCook
12-06-13, 04:46 PM
Anyone else having trouble with these random drops? The original update was released on 17/10/13 for the adventure through the glimmer gate to gain these pieces and I have been doing one adventure per day for about that long. I got the blade after the first adventure but have no sign of the hilt at all. I could have had more than 10 blades if the game inventory would let you hold more than 1. I know it's a random drop but I guess I just want to know A:if there is a real problem, or B: if I'm not alone.

Castloninian
12-06-13, 11:26 PM
I did get both blade and hilt but it took a few adventures. Got the blade as first drop and then like you said, it tried to drop the blade subsequently. Maybe it took me 5 adventures to get the hilt. It certainly wasn't as bad as getting the ember of the enchanted key scrolll...

tracmac
12-07-13, 09:11 PM
Well, I've stopped looking for the hilt (new quests have put this on hold), but at the moment my "few" has turned into 46. 1 a day since the quest came out. A few is 3, not 46.

Castloninian
12-07-13, 11:50 PM
That's ridiculous, no wonder you're annoyed. Because that adventure doesn't really bring back any good stuff either. Keep going...

BungoCook
12-10-13, 03:44 AM
Well, I've stopped looking for the hilt (new quests have put this on hold), but at the moment my "few" has turned into 46. 1 a day since the quest came out. A few is 3, not 46.

Yeh that's the same for me. Didn't notice there was another similar thread when I created this one where people were having trouble with the blade drops... Grrrrr random drops. They are ok if they don't take too long ie a few weeks. But months just becomes a joke.....all Alicorn hunters out there you know what I'm taking about!

cherryvale23
12-10-13, 05:45 AM
I have got them but no dragon to get scales, help.

Castloninian
12-10-13, 05:59 AM
I have got them but no dragon to get scales, help.

The dragon egg is a rare drop from the forgotten roost.

drgall12
12-18-13, 04:08 PM
Can you only get these items by doing the glimmer gate a
dventure or does any adventure have a chance to drop this?

SpiritWind00
12-18-13, 06:39 PM
Can you only get these items by doing the glimmer gate a
dventure or does any adventure have a chance to drop this?

You can only get the blade and hilt from glimmergate adventures. Keep trying! I have always found that the newest goals reduce the chance of getting the old goal resources, so now that Polaris goal is over, you should be right. Other players have also reported having to go on a lot of adventures too, so you aren't alone! It will happen when you least expect it. At least it's not a timed goal and it will come to pass. I wish you all the best!

dewicked1
12-19-13, 02:04 PM
Anyone else having trouble with these random drops? The original update was released on 17/10/13 for the adventure through the glimmer gate to gain these pieces and I have been doing one adventure per day for about that long. I got the blade after the first adventure but have no sign of the hilt at all. I could have had more than 10 blades if the game inventory would let you hold more than 1. I know it's a random drop but I guess I just want to know A:if there is a real problem, or B: if I'm not alone.

Did you ever get yours? I was doing one a day until the new quests began then after the Polaris one was done and I have the Hilt but no Blade to be found. I love doing the quests. It keeps me interested in the game but after 40 days and no result it's a bit frustrating

tracmac
12-20-13, 07:43 PM

Chins up fellow Castlers, there is a Santa Claus. I just got mine today.

seraphina2012
01-04-14, 08:44 PM
I posted my concerns about this on another thread, because I thought I may have a glitch and wondered if I was wasting my time! Glad to hear it's not just me having to make so many quests! I thought 10 unsuccessful quests was bad - I can't imagine having to send 40 or more quests!
I am watching newer neighbours steam ahead with this questline after only 4-6 quests, and feeling further and further "behind" because of the simple hurdle of waiting for this blade! A blade which can only come from one specific quest, at the expense of sending knights on decent quests, any of which could bring a bonus of an alicorn.
At least with the alicorn, EVERYONE seems required to wait, and it could come randomly with any quest, which we were prepared to do anyway because of the goodies that come back. I'm still waiting patiently for my alicorn, I have no doubt it's eventually on it's way! I'm okay with waiting for an alicorn, because not having the alicorn doesn't impede my progress in the game.
(Sigh) Okay, I've had my little steam-scream, truly glad knowing that I'm not the only one, and will persevere. It's only the second real disappointment in this game so far, after not getting the glimmerbat despite nearly 10 quests. Usually I don't mind a bit of a challenge here and have loved all the recent activity to distract me from the glimmergate. Time to get back to it, between faerie tales!

KadeeDid
01-04-14, 10:53 PM
I finally got my last alicorn part when I had given up. Finally got the hilt too after many, many quests. Now I have about 3 quests which popped up as I also finally managed to complete the Griselda quest as far as fighting her and now have to make potions. Then the golden obelisk popped up too. Keep going. You will get it when you least expect it. Took ages for dragon egg too and then I found it in my inventory.

BungoCook
01-05-14, 06:52 PM
Did you ever get yours? I was doing one a day until the new quests began then after the Polaris one was done and I have the Hilt but no Blade to be found. I love doing the quests. It keeps me interested in the game but after 40 days and no result it's a bit frustrating

I did eventually get it after I had finished the kingdom inn timed quest in the brief respite before the reindeer stable began. So that was 3 months ish, maybe a bit less. Fell off my chair in surprise if truth be told. There is hope in random drops but I find it's particularly frustrating if you don't have any other on-going quest lines to distract you, which was my case when I posted originally. Thank goodness for the weekly updates. They reduce that likelihood now

stormie29
01-16-14, 02:12 PM
i was fully expecting to do at least 10 adventures to get the blade and hilt. thus I have been making hearty feasts till they come out my ears. Lo and behold i got the blade first adventure and the hilt second adventure! You could say I was gobsmacked! I guess it really is just so random. I have been playing this game for over a year and on News Years Day I finally got the Alicorn part as well. Looks like a good start to the year for me!