PDA

View Full Version : Percentages unfair

letf8b
12-05-13, 01:08 AM
The last few days since u have offered gems to increase crowns every time I get within ten crowns of goal I will get 47% on next attack. I left two fire throwers standing that is it and got 47%. Not to mention I will b matched with ppl I can not beat it will be win 1👑 or lose 35. This makes the game frustrating and in no way fun. Is there a list somewhere of the percent of every item? It is starting to feel like this game is rigged. I realize it takes a while to figure the fairness of game but what has been happening with the percentages is way to unfair and needs to be fixed.

k6scux
12-05-13, 02:15 AM
I totally agree. I've had to quit batteling cuz I am only offered crowns on players I cannot beat. I only battle low Lvl players to get gold and chat. Not much of a game if you ask me when you aren't able to actually play it.

sand
12-07-13, 05:37 AM
Okay. You know what? I'm gonna be the guinea pig and prove whether the Crowning Achievements are feasible for an ordinary player. I'm offering myself as an ordinary player. I've been playing for just over 2 months. I have not gone farming to buff up my base, but I don't chase crowns either. For the past month, I've mostly cruised in the 700-1000 range. I'm eligible for the 1000-crown and 1500-crown rewards and, for argument's sake, I will now pursue them.

Current base:
Level 47 with 854 Crowns. Royal Hall is L8. Most buildings (except mines & markets) are at levels that unlocked somewhere between RH6 and RH8. Walls are at L7 (iron).

I will attempt to boost crowns to 1500, targeting spellstone-heavy bases because there are more of those.

I plan to invest the looted spellstone to upgrade the following buildings:
A. portal to L5 (9M stones)
B. barracks to L9 (3.5M stones)
C. armory to L6 (2.4M stones)
D. whatever insanely expensive troop promotion the armory-6 will unlock (bound to be at least 5M stones each).

Looted coins will mostly be used for wall upgrades, and I will try to avoid upgrading defense buildings until AFTER I've achieved both the gem goals. However, the upgrade on each piece of wall from L7 to L8 will need 1.2M coins. Youch!

So here I go. No rush, no fuss, because I do have something I call a life, and being a good mom is more important than this. So wish me luck.
Reach 1000 crowns for 250 gems. It says I'm already 85% complete on this one so I'm off.

sand
12-07-13, 05:47 AM
I forgot to mention the number of work crews available. I have 4 sheds:
1. Army Post with 2 hours left on a 4-day upgrade
2. Army Post with 22 hours left on a 4-day upgrade
3. Barracks with 4 days left on a 5-day upgrade
4. IDLE. Will try to reserve for wall upgrades.

jackansi
12-07-13, 08:20 AM
Good luck! Before the whole free gems thing I made a run to 1900 crowns from 800 in about 3 days just to see if it's worth it. It wasn't for as sparsely as I play compared to those people up there. ;) I was only chasing crowns as I had a few million stones to bankroll my army. I'm happily back down in the 700-1000 range where I can try and find the billions it's going to take to upgrade my walls to max lol.

I only hop on to play a quick few battles about 6 times a day. That wasn't enough to stay toe-to-toe with the crown seekers.

syllrag
12-07-13, 09:40 AM
Okay. You know what? I'm gonna be the guinea pig and prove whether the Crowning Achievements are feasible for an ordinary player. I'm offering myself as an ordinary player. I've been playing for just over 2 months. I have not gone farming to buff up my base, but I don't chase crowns either. For the past month, I've mostly cruised in the 700-1000 range. I'm eligible for the 1000-crown and 1500-crown rewards and, for argument's sake, I will now pursue them.

I consider 700 crowns to be semi farming because I still find a lot of bases with decent resources (200k and 300k each) with easy defenses there (also with crowns to gain). Most people who complained about the latest update are probably people with crowns above 1500. Your base spec is almost similar to mine RH8 (not sure about your defense), so you could probably reach 2000 crowns.

meh76
12-07-13, 10:06 AM
I consider 700 crowns to be semi farming because I still find a lot of bases with decent resources (200k and 300k each) with easy defenses there (also with crowns to gain). Most people who complained about the latest update are probably people with crowns above 1500. Your base spec is almost similar to mine RH8 (not sure about your defense), so you could probably reach 2000 crowns.

I had close to 1500 before the update, now I'm down to ~1200. I never went after the crowns except for when the 1500 goal showed up, I go for the resources that is needed for upgrades, since that is the way to get new toys. Are you saying that it is easier to get those resources if your crowns number goes down?

syllrag
12-07-13, 10:55 AM
I had close to 1500 before the update, now I'm down to ~1200. I never went after the crowns except for when the 1500 goal showed up, I go for the resources that is needed for upgrades, since that is the way to get new toys. Are you saying that it is easier to get those resources if your crowns number goes down?

Yes, you can get resources easier with lower crowns. You can try around 400-700 crowns.

sand
12-07-13, 11:56 AM
The easy part is done. I've reached 1000 crowns after 8 victories (average 18 crowns per battle). Who am I kidding? This is NOT easy if you're used to targeting just resources and key defenses. I'm not used to looking for crown-heavy targets or destroying all those buildings. In fact, out of habit, I kept quitting battles as soon as I had bagged enough resources. I don't normally stick around or deploy more troops after that. LOL
I wasted a good deal of time this morning rearranging my "chaos theory" base for crown protection and can't say I'm happy with it, but we'll see how it holds up.
I'm also still trying to work out the best troop combo for crowns. Not so easy when the ideal troops take up so much space.

So onward to Crowning Glory: reach 1500 crowns for 500 gems. (67% complete at 1000) This one may take a while.

jackansi
12-07-13, 01:29 PM
You only need 51% to win... 35% roughly in the RH, high level assassins make quick work of tagging that if you distract the defense with bears and demo the bears in deep. Follow bears and demos (once their advance has stalled) with thieves and assassins (lvl them up). Try to get your bears/demos to follow a path that takes them by the vaults if possible. Also, packing a few airships distracts archer towers and lightning towers more easily than bears, but timing their launch is very critical. I also use 2-3 archers or assassins to get the catapult to fire off at them, then launch the rest while it's reloading (usually have enough time to blow through a 3x wall before it gets off another shot). Also helps using warriors and archers to waste outlaying buildings to keep other troops from getting confused (this can almost always be used to get the catapult to fire too, so you can let them pull double duty that way)

Remember You're not trying to blow up the defense, just distract it so your thieves and assassins grab the 51% you need for the crowns.

If you are trying to cover your expenses on each battle, that won't work when playing for crowns. You want maximum destruction in 45 seconds or less. Any longer and the tables turn heavily to defense. It's easy to calculate the damage a base can do over time (irregardless of attack tactic). The offensive survival curve drops significantly after the 40 second mark and meets zero (if you're looking at a lvl 60+) after 1:15 almost without fail (unless you sit on some troops and try pot-shotting after your attack stalls).

Won't work for every battle, but has worked many many times when I made the crown charge... Sometimes even works for farming resources with a more thieve heavy army, but they need to have a good chunk available resources to make it worth attacking them. Just need to get a good feel for it and you'll make 1,500 in no time

jahil
12-07-13, 09:50 PM
You only need 51% to win... 35% roughly in the RH, high level assassins make quick work of tagging that if you distract the defense with bears and demo the bears in deep. Follow bears and demos (once their advance has stalled) with thieves and assassins (lvl them up). Try to get your bears/demos to follow a path that takes them by the vaults if possible. Also, packing a few airships distracts archer towers and lightning towers more easily than bears, but timing their launch is very critical. I also use 2-3 archers or assassins to get the catapult to fire off at them, then launch the rest while it's reloading (usually have enough time to blow through a 3x wall before it gets off another shot). Also helps using warriors and archers to waste outlaying buildings to keep other troops from getting confused (this can almost always be used to get the catapult to fire too, so you can let them pull double duty that way)

Remember You're not trying to blow up the defense, just distract it so your thieves and assassins grab the 51% you need for the crowns.

If you are trying to cover your expenses on each battle, that won't work when playing for crowns. You want maximum destruction in 45 seconds or less. Any longer and the tables turn heavily to defense. It's easy to calculate the damage a base can do over time (irregardless of attack tactic). The offensive survival curve drops significantly after the 40 second mark and meets zero (if you're looking at a lvl 60+) after 1:15 almost without fail (unless you sit on some troops and try pot-shotting after your attack stalls).

Won't work for every battle, but has worked many many times when I made the crown charge... Sometimes even works for farming resources with a more thieve heavy army, but they need to have a good chunk available resources to make it worth attacking them. Just need to get a good feel for it and you'll make 1,500 in no time

How long have you been playing this game? Have you reached level 40 already?

sand
12-08-13, 06:30 AM
Thanks, Jack. I'm trying to digest all that and see whether I can pull it off. (Sounds like more troops than I can muster.)
I can't settle for a 51% victory, as that leaves half the available crowns behind.
But right now I have a much bigger problem. Suddenly, the battle matches are bringing up mostly crown-less victories. Most battles offer zero crowns for the win. Now I'm disregarding loot and jumping at the rare target that offers crowns. Believe it or not, I've actually run out of spellstones. Worse, I've lost gems as the barracks went and bought spellstones for training. Ugghh!
Looks like the crown run is not what it previously was. (But I think I know why.)

sand
12-08-13, 05:27 PM
Exasperated by the zero-crown battles, I took a 2-hour break this afternoon at 1398 crowns.
I logged back on to find the QUEST COMPLETE message! How????
Over those 2 hours, my base had sustained 6 defensive battles, all victories for a total of 110 crowns. I was joking earlier that my best strategy might be not playing at all because my defense kept earning the crowns that are so hard to find when attacking.
Altogether, the push from 854 crowns to 1508 took less than a day and a half. 28 offensive wins for 404 crowns and 14 defensive wins for 250 crowns.
Most of the bases I encountered were heavily walled up. I mostly started attacks with bears & demolitionists. My archers usually insisted on staying outside the walls rather than follow the bears, so knights and wizards went next, usually with a mage or two. Thieves cleaned up only when needed.

Conclusion: It really is a challenge to find loot and crowns in the same battle, and FireMocha does indeed appear to have severely decreased the availability of crowns to attackers, probably in response to farmers surfing the gems-for-crowns goals. However, the game is still playable. The goals are still attainable even with the increased challenge. Victories are possible. 90 to 100% destruction is certainly possible. Most of my attacks were testimony to that.
But I can't keep this up. I'm not ready for life above 1500. Right now, I have 5 spellstones. LOL. Five! I can't even train troops for another attack. So having climbed the ladders, I'm heading for the chutes.

joylogan
12-13-13, 11:32 AM

Current base:
Level 47 with 854 Crowns. Royal Hall is L8. Most buildings (except mines & markets) are at levels that unlocked somewhere between RH6 and RH8. Walls are at L7 (iron).

I will attempt to boost crowns to 1500, targeting spellstone-heavy bases because there are more of those.

I plan to invest the looted spellstone to upgrade the following buildings:
A. portal to L5 (9M stones)
B. barracks to L9 (3.5M stones)
C. armory to L6 (2.4M stones)
D. whatever insanely expensive troop promotion the armory-6 will unlock (bound to be at least 5M stones each).

Looted coins will mostly be used for wall upgrades, and I will try to avoid upgrading defense buildings until AFTER I've achieved both the gem goals. However, the upgrade on each piece of wall from L7 to L8 will need 1.2M coins. Youch!

So here I go. No rush, no fuss, because I do have something I call a life, and being a good mom is more important than this. So wish me luck.
Reach 1000 crowns for 250 gems. It says I'm already 85% complete on this one so I'm off.,,

well, mom