PDA

View Full Version : Bakery update 12/04/13

ashrb
12-03-13, 10:10 PM
Hi folks! Tomorrow is update day, what is everyone hoping to see? I know I'm ready for some Christmas goals! :p

edit(KP)

Light table 12,500
Wreath chair 8,500
Candy cane clock 15 gems
Holiday carolers 35 gems
Peppermint couch 20,000
Ornament wallpaper 8,000
Candy cane tile 5,500
Garland counter 5 gems

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11578&d=1386186820 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11578&d=1386186820)

sls0991
12-03-13, 11:30 PM
I want Christmas items, don't care if there are goals or not, I just want lots and lots of new items. I've never done Christmas with BS before! So excited.

carabellexo
12-03-13, 11:46 PM
I want christmas goals and new decor.

Snowlotus04
12-03-13, 11:56 PM
Santa clause, Christmas tree with gifts underneath, baking counter, candy cane wall, snowflake floor, red sock decoration on wall, snowman family, kids having a snowball fight, toy factory!

carabellexo
12-04-13, 12:10 AM
Santa clause, Christmas tree with gifts underneath, baking counter, candy cane wall, snowflake floor, red sock decoration on wall, snowman family, kids having a snowball fight, toy factory!

Aw wow that's all sounds amazing. Really hope we get some decor like that.

minidemon88
12-04-13, 01:41 AM
Bring on the Christmas goals challenge! You know I've being ready for weeks now. :p More gingerbread, santa clause, reindeer, penguin. Alright, just give us everything! Especially new recipe on the regular appliance! It's been ages for your record since we last got a new one. :(

tennysonrobin
12-04-13, 01:49 AM

why did you have to mention "kids having a snowball fight"??? now I soooo want to have it, I don't even know how it looks like XD

Snowlotus04
12-04-13, 02:07 AM
why did you have to mention "kids having a snowball fight"??? now I soooo want to have it, I don't even know how it looks like XD

Haha they should make one if they don't already have it :)

gdmcrjunkie
12-04-13, 07:38 AM
Bring on the Christmas goals challenge! You know I've being ready for weeks now. :p More gingerbread, santa clause, reindeer, penguin. Alright, just give us everything! Especially new recipe on the regular appliance! It's been ages for your record since we last got a new one. :(

Ahhhh everything suggested in this thread sounds great but, penguins! I'd love some new cute penguins :)

igames4me
12-04-13, 07:40 AM
luv the penguin idea and santa claus idea .
i want a big christmas tree for coins but willing to pay 24 gems if not in a box

reindeer we have enough of

Nelvette
12-04-13, 07:52 AM
santa clause, christmas tree with gifts underneath, baking counter, candy cane wall, snowflake floor, red sock decoration on wall, snowman family, kids having a snowball fight, toy factory!

please, please, please and please. This sound amazing..... I wanna, i wanna and i wanna. :d;)

cortnylyn
12-04-13, 08:16 AM
Thought this post ment talking about the actual update for this week that it was out already. Can someone please change the title? I just hope its really neat Holiday items and goals :D

pipipooh1977
12-04-13, 08:31 AM
Winter goals would be nice! Winter theme PLZ!

ashrb
12-04-13, 09:16 AM
Thought this post ment talking about the actual update for this week that it was out already. Can someone please change the title? I just hope its really neat Holiday items and goals :D

For the past couple years there has always been a post made the day/night before update day called "bakery update" with the actual date attached.

ashrb
12-04-13, 09:18 AM

All of that sounds lovely :) I would love to have a tree with gifts underneath and kids having a snowball fight (kind of like the kids playing in the autumn leaves).

carabellexo
12-04-13, 09:23 AM
I would also love some christmas recipes.

lwcgrad
12-04-13, 09:44 AM
I am so ready for winter goals

IsisGarden
12-04-13, 10:16 AM

I want multi styles Christmas trees. I really want a mint Christmas tree.

lwcgrad
12-04-13, 10:38 AM
I want these super cute reindeers I see

joanmartins
12-04-13, 10:57 AM
i really wish that only staff/moderators should post about updates! Isnt it a rule or something?

http://forums.storm8.com/announcement.php?f=22

minidemon88
12-04-13, 11:08 AM
i really wish that only staff/moderators should post about updates! Isnt it a rule or something?

It's been like this for years. Someone will open an update thread, then forum members will join in for the discussion. The update thread will get sticky up by a mod once the actual update items are been rolled out. Don't worry, you'll get use to it in no time. :)

minidemon88
12-04-13, 11:11 AM
Ahhhh everything suggested in this thread sounds great but, penguins! I'd love some new cute penguins :)

You know you want more penguins! XD Speaking of that, I'm hoping that they will re-release the reindeer penguin again. Please please please TL! :(

lilkeeks
12-04-13, 11:28 AM
I'd be happy with anything as long as it doesn't have the weird faces that TL started using last year

irlanda_c
12-04-13, 11:31 AM
Fashion story gave us just fall decor..at this time of the year!! It was so sad. But bakery always has been better at this so I still have hope in his game. Still waiting!!

I'd be happy with anything as long as it doesn't have the weird faces that TL started using last year

rosewaterlily
12-04-13, 11:33 AM
It's been like this for years. Someone will open an update thread, then forum members will join in for the discussion. The update thread will get sticky up by a mod once the actual update items are been rolled out. Don't worry, you'll get use to it in no time. :)

Well it used to be that people opened the update thread ahead of time because there was a teaser released but now they're just open for no reason before the update rolls out, which is annoying.

irlanda_c
12-04-13, 11:36 AM
I agree

kooky panda
12-04-13, 11:38 AM

Nope not a rule! The mods are hesitate starting up update threads in advance just in case updates do not come out. We normally do not know until you guys know when the updates come out.
We can start again putting up some threads early, but I hate to get everyone's hopes up, if for some reason an update does not come out.

ashrb
12-04-13, 12:03 PM
Well it used to be that people opened the update thread ahead of time because there was a teaser released but now they're just open for no reason before the update rolls out, which is annoying.

As someone else stated, it has been like this for years. A lot of us like to discuss what we would like to see in updates before the update actually comes out, so these threads are not created for no reason. I'm sorry you find it so annoying.

ashrb
12-04-13, 12:04 PM
Also, we haven't always received teasers, these update threads were happening before TL introduced teasers.

irlanda_c
12-04-13, 12:07 PM
The carols are nice but im not sure to spend 35 gems for them if they are not decoration. We only got the peppermint couch that is not the best for coins. At the wall options just for gems. The chair and table dont match. I rate it 2/10

carabellexo
12-04-13, 12:09 PM
Really disappointed there isn't any goals.

kooky panda
12-04-13, 12:10 PM
Also, we haven't always received teasers, these update threads were happening before TL introduced teasers.
I will get with the other mods to see if we can start getting these threads up early again. I also liked when members could come talk about the updates the night before. :)

minidemon88
12-04-13, 12:12 PM
Bummer! No penguin. :( Appliances busy cooking, are there any new recipe/appliance?

Demileighjunior
12-04-13, 12:14 PM
So is that it wallpaper n a sofa, very very disappointed

ashrb
12-04-13, 12:14 PM
The carols are nice but im not sure to spend 35 gems for them if they are not decoration. We only got the peppermint couch that is not the best for coins. At the wall options just for gems. The chair and table dont match. I rate it 2/10

Wow this was a weak update :( I'm not impressed with anything, I think the only thing I like are the tiles.... I'm also a little annoyed we don't have goals because if we don't get them until next week then that means we will have to rush to finish them.

ashrb
12-04-13, 12:16 PM
I will get with the other mods to see if we can start getting these threads up early again. I also liked when members could come talk about the updates the night before. :)

Thank you kooky :) I have always liked these discussions the night before as well!

Demileighjunior
12-04-13, 12:16 PM
So is that it wallpaper n a sofa, very very disappointed

Well theres a little more but nothing 2 write home about:(

ruthiessweetretreat
12-04-13, 12:23 PM
LOVE the wreath chairs...so cute! I want real ones for my actual dining room.

igames4me
12-04-13, 12:23 PM
atleast the prices are good

RenF5
12-04-13, 12:26 PM
I guess I don't understand why anybody is even saying what the update is as I thought the updates were not released until 12 pm pst!? So how has anyone received an update already, still have 34 mins till update time.

RenF5
12-04-13, 12:28 PM
I guess I don't understand why anybody is even saying what the update is as I thought the updates were not released until 12 pm pst!? So how has anyone received an update already, still have 34 mins till update time.

Sorry, guess I already have update also. Still weird that it came early! :confused:

rosewaterlily
12-04-13, 12:29 PM
Light table 12,500
Wreath chair 8,500
Candy cane clock 15 gems
Holiday carolers 35 gems
Peppermint couch 20,000
Ornament wallpaper 8,000
Candy cane tile 5,500
Garland counter 5 gems

added to post 1

mjauuuu
12-04-13, 12:54 PM
It's a big one! 4x4 size. I think it's adorable :) Wish we'd gotten those beautiful wallpapers thouh that they released in RS. All in all I'm pleased with this update. Can't wait for christmas goals to come!

Picture is probably small and blurry, maybe a mod could enlarge it?

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11578&d=1386186820 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11578&d=1386186820)

added to post 1

sls0991
12-04-13, 12:59 PM

Hah! Nicely said! People need to get off of their high horses and learn to ENJOY the process. I love discussing what might show up on update day. If you don't like it, don't come here, I'm getting sick of the negativity. As for the update, it could have been better, pretty disappointed but looking forward to seeing new items in my neighbors bakery to really get a good look at them.

mjauuuu
12-04-13, 01:00 PM
Thanks Kooky :)

cortnylyn
12-04-13, 01:06 PM
Nice little update and maybe its just the wording to some who get excited to see "update for bakery" etc maybe put that but add the word -discussions- So some of us dont get all excited before theres anything out? I dunno just happy for what comes out! Have fun everyone!

rita6834
12-04-13, 01:15 PM
I would also love some christmas recipes.

Me too

mamareader02
12-04-13, 01:24 PM
Yeah,where are the recipes? I have nothing left to make,been making old already mastered recipes just to keep food on counters,need new recipes!

ashrb
12-04-13, 01:29 PM
It's a big one! 4x4 size. I think it's adorable :) Wish we'd gotten those beautiful wallpapers thouh that they released in RS. All in all I'm pleased with this update. Can't wait for christmas goals to come!

Picture is probably small and blurry, maybe a mod could enlarge it?

added to post 1

Very cute, I just don't think it's worth 35 gems :o if it were maybe 12 gems I'd buy it, otherwise I'm holding off!

Snowlotus04
12-04-13, 01:35 PM
Very cute, I just don't think it's worth 35 gems :o if it were maybe 12 gems I'd buy it, otherwise I'm holding off!

I agree I don't think it's worth 35 gems either, waiting to see if they got anything new :)

mjauuuu
12-04-13, 01:38 PM

Yes so cute! But I disagree about the price. I'm a sucker for all kind of christmas decorations so for me personally this was definitely worth those 35 gems. Besides, this one is not just a complete redo of other items that we have seen lately and has nice details. :D

nicola211982
12-04-13, 01:41 PM
I would love the singers but I accidentally bought San Francisco last weekend. Love the rest too. Can't wait for Christmas goals :)

mjauuuu
12-04-13, 01:43 PM
I would love the singers but I accidentally bought San Francisco last weekend. Love the rest too. Can't wait for Christmas goals :)

Me neither! I would love to see something similar to last years goal items. Perhaps a little christmas village with some of santas little helpers to go with it could be cute!:o

pipipooh1977
12-04-13, 02:00 PM
Well....the only thing I bought was the couch.....

ChickieCago
12-04-13, 02:14 PM
Yeah,where are the recipes? I have nothing left to make,been making old already mastered recipes just to keep food on counters,need new recipes!

Please see my thread in the Bakery Feedback & Suggestions. Hopefully we can get more recipes if more people ask. Thx - Chickie

myferngardens
12-04-13, 02:17 PM
I spent every coin I had. I am down below 1000 coins! Crazy. I was just so happy to see Christmas and not autumn! I wish I had 35 gems...I would buy the Christmas Carolers.
Anyone have a chance to check for recipes on the oven or mixer? It doesn't seem too hopeful.

filochick1982
12-04-13, 02:26 PM
I have the Christmas Carolers in my bakery if anyone wants to take a peak! :) I'm disappointed there are no new Christmas recipes yet. I really wish the old goal ones from the original oven got unlocked. I started playing after these goals expired!

Hanakimi87
12-04-13, 02:52 PM
Do you mean the holiday cupcakes and yule logs, etc.? I think people have been asking TL for ages to bring those back for Android users that didn't have goals at the time/newer users. I love looking at those holiday cupcakes in people's bakeries >_<

filochick1982
12-04-13, 02:56 PM
^^ Yes. Or at least make them available for people to buy through gems if they are expired goals! Unfair to those who started playing after they expired. I would definitely buy all those locked recipes for gems!

lwcgrad
12-04-13, 03:50 PM
I'm afraid to put anything in my bakery in case the goals makes us buy things to get past

IsisGarden
12-04-13, 03:51 PM
Not thrilled with the update. I like the wreath chairs. I bought three of them. The carolers are nice, but not sure if I want to buy them right now. At least it is some Christmas items.

I am believing in my heart of hearts that TL will be giving us a Christmas version and that is why we didn't get that much this week. I know it's probably a dream, but please don't wake me up. Just let me dream.

lwcgrad
12-04-13, 03:53 PM
FILO ur bakery is gorgeous

jtdesignz
12-04-13, 03:55 PM
I am sooo disappointed :( Not even a tree, nothing for the walls, no garland lights etc. I had a tree last yr that cost many gems but its gone, not in inventory and no respose from anyone. Just so disappointed :(

filochick1982
12-04-13, 04:05 PM
FILO ur bakery is gorgeous

Thank you :)

yumtastytreats
12-04-13, 04:14 PM
I am beyond disappointed! As a player of only September of this year, I have been dying to get Christmas ovens and recipes. What sad excuse is this? >.<

sls0991
12-04-13, 04:15 PM
I am sooo disappointed :( Not even a tree, nothing for the walls, no garland lights etc. I had a tree last yr that cost many gems but its gone, not in inventory and no respose from anyone. Just so disappointed :(

If TL takes away any items I have paid for with gems (and I buy gems) I would open a dispute. That isn't right on TL's part at all, it's basically stealing. I'd love to know what they said when they finally get around to replying to you.

bigbux3
12-04-13, 04:28 PM
Why does Bakery Story seem to get the better items?! Poor Restaurant Story (was released first) doesn't get half the good stuff BS does!

ashrb
12-04-13, 04:41 PM
Why does Bakery Story seem to get the better items?! Poor Restaurant Story (was released first) doesn't get half the good stuff BS does!

Really?? I always feel like it's the other way around, RS got an LTO whereas I can't remember the last time BS did, RS got new recipes and BS never does. Also, RS got a few more items than BS this week. I always feel like BS gets the poor end of the stick a lot of times.

Snowlotus04
12-04-13, 04:46 PM
I try to leave most of the items out that I bought using coins or gems, I think I'll leave my Halloween tables and chairs out throughout the year so just in case they don't go accidentally missing...like my thanksgiving tables from last year...

lwcgrad
12-04-13, 05:13 PM
If ur bakery was big enough maybe u could do a theme here and there

ElaineCarrel
12-04-13, 05:14 PM
Really?? I always feel like it's the other way around, RS got an LTO whereas I can't remember the last time BS did, RS got new recipes and BS never does. Also, RS got a few more items than BS this week. I always feel like BS gets the poor end of the stick a lot of times.
I so agree w u. RS definitely got the better items this update. I'm also crossing my fingers that the challenge/quest will start tomorrow. There have been a couple of times that I can remember where we've gotten the usual start of the month update and then lo and behold the challenge has started the following day. Don't ask me y cuz I have no idea.
So here I sit w my fingers crossed and hoping it'll come tomorrow.

sls0991
12-04-13, 07:28 PM
Ugh, it just really annoys me because there are only 2 more wednesday updates until Christmas, unless they have a Christmas day update but I don't know how it works with TL around those holidays. 2 updates, no goals yet, this weeks update was a bust. I haven't been around BS for Christmas yet and I was really looking forward to it. I see items in other bakeries, so many different tables and decorations and goodies! This is just really depressing. :( COME ON TL, why can't you get it together? I think I'm done buying gems after the holidays (getting itunes gift cards for xmas). I've already spent so much on this game and TL still continues to show how passionless and unreasonable they are. BS gets so boring so fast without interesting gameplay, content, etc.. And I really hate being lied to (cyber monday).

bigbux3
12-04-13, 07:40 PM
I think BS always gets better prices and better deals! Plus, the color schemes and the art looks better than RS. For example, BS is always getting about 25,000 coin items that have really good designs.

If RS and BS were to get a table for example, RS would have funky colors, be disproportionate, boring, and could cost gems. If BS got that same table, there would be a nice table cloth over it, maybe with some old recipes on it with other decorations, people around the table, and could cost at least 30,000 coins...maybe less.

nmishii
12-04-13, 07:41 PM
If TL takes away any items I have paid for with gems (and I buy gems) I would open a dispute. That isn't right on TL's part at all, it's basically stealing. I'd love to know what they said when they finally get around to replying to you.

People were missing Thanksgiving tables that were 3 gems each. TL told a few people basically that those items were limited, cannot be retrieved and may be offered on future versions of the game. I don't think the answer for the Christmas stuff will be any different. I think its wrong to take away things purchased with gems, but apparently TL does not.
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?61660-Missing-Thanksgiving-table-and-appliance-from-last-year

sls0991
12-04-13, 08:08 PM
People were missing Thanksgiving tables that were 3 gems each. TL told a few people basically that those items were limited, cannot be retrieved and may be offered on future versions of the game. I don't think the answer for the Christmas stuff will be any different. I think its wrong to take away things purchased with gems, but apparently TL does not.
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?61660-Missing-Thanksgiving-table-and-appliance-from-last-year

Then I would want the gems back, since they were taken away without notice or a good enough reason. If they were limited, then so is the gems they get from me I'd say. What the heck kind of business takes money for a good/service and then demands that service back or takes it away? That's like ordering a Big Mac, eating it, and then McDonalds saying hey, that was limited, give it here.. What? And I say money, because gems cost money. If TL didn't charge real cash for extra gems, then I would say they could do whatever they wanted. But we pay good money for these gems that they consider to be disposable, much like their customers..

jhehlah
12-04-13, 08:43 PM
ty for the updates..but noticed that the light table is not match to wreath chair...was about to buy it...

ashrb
12-04-13, 08:54 PM
Then I would want the gems back, since they were taken away without notice or a good enough reason. If they were limited, then so is the gems they get from me I'd say. What the heck kind of business takes money for a good/service and then demands that service back or takes it away? That's like ordering a Big Mac, eating it, and then McDonalds saying hey, that was limited, give it here.. What? And I say money, because gems cost money. If TL didn't charge real cash for extra gems, then I would say they could do whatever they wanted. But we pay good money for these gems that they consider to be disposable, much like their customers..

Omg....if they took away all my xmas tables I paid way over 200 gems for and told me it's because they were limited....I can't even imagine. This is just another reason I stopped purchasing gems because this company is greedy and shady and the customer service can be quite questionable at times. I hope you nag TL to the bone for your gems back because that's so very wrong. That's pretty much stealing.

Snowlotus04
12-04-13, 08:55 PM

I've actually just emailed TL for a reimbursement with whatever I used coins or gems to purchase the thanksgiving tables...let's see what TL have to say now...better yet probably won't even respond lol

ashrb
12-04-13, 09:10 PM
I've actually just emailed TL for a reimbursement with whatever I used coins or gems to purchase the thanksgiving tables...let's see what TL have to say now...better yet probably won't even respond lol

You just gotta bombard them with a million emails. That's what I've done in the past if they didn't respond :p

CuteTali
12-04-13, 10:37 PM
Pretty disappointing not seeing any Hanukkah items even at the end of the holiday. At least RS got a nice window and a weird looking tree in a pot. So little when they give to all other holidays so much. I like having decor for all holidays, and so far I've collected decor for many different holidays, whether I celebrate them or not, and this one just has nothing at all in BS and very very little in all other games. Come to think of it, I don't think BS has ever gotten anything for jewish holidays at all...me thinks your team needs to hire more varity of people from different cultures, so maybe we get more varity in items?

LalaSmooth
12-05-13, 12:29 AM
Why didn't they just run two set of goals at once? I mean only 4 days left to the autumn goals expire but come on it's Christmas! Suppose waiting 6 more days can't hurt anyone. and why not put new recipes on the regular oven like they did in RS?

esse318
12-05-13, 03:16 AM
I want Christmas items, don't care if there are goals or not, I just want lots and lots of new items. I've never done Christmas with BS before! So excited.

me too!!! im super excited!!!
its my first year of Christmas on BS =)))

tennysonrobin
12-05-13, 04:07 AM
me too!!! im super excited!!!
its my first year of Christmas on BS =)))
last Xmas I already played BS but I thought Santa's Grotto was too ugly, and so were all the reindeers, that I didn't try to complete the goals set. I remember having 2 or 3 reindeers only. What a pity, hopefully this year I can make it up to my bakery to actually have some Xmas decorations :(

filochick1982
12-05-13, 04:18 AM
last Xmas I already played BS but I thought Santa's Grotto was too ugly, and so were all the reindeers, that I didn't try to complete the goals set. I remember having 2 or 3 reindeers only. What a pity, hopefully this year I can make it up to my bakery to actually have some Xmas decorations :(

I'm very shocked that you think all this is ugly! Really????

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7314/11201980145_903cb0d09e_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/63007846@N07/11201980145/)
image (http://www.flickr.com/photos/63007846@N07/11201980145/) by Shoeaholic-2891 (http://www.flickr.com/people/63007846@N07/), on Flickr

tennysonrobin
12-05-13, 06:05 AM
I'm very shocked that you think all this is ugly! Really????

At first I thought that and refused to do the goal, now I really regret *sigh* Yes they look great, all of them, except for the dancing couple XD

LightAndLove83
12-05-13, 07:43 AM
A ski cabin would be really cool! And I really like snowlotus04's idea of the tree with gifts underneath it! Maybe Christmas carolers and/or Santa with a bag over his shoulder..better yet..Santa in a chair with a child on his lap! Elves in a workshop would be neat. And a new fireplace. A snow globe, kids on a sled, and it would be cool if we could start decorating the outside of our bakery/restaurant. I.e. Picknic tables, sidewalks, for summer and for winter, snow, and snow ball activities! Just make it possible to build up enough coins to purchase more space or use gems. Just some thoughts. 😄

AuntyRose32
12-05-13, 10:45 AM
I like this update, I love the carolers...I thought they were worth the 35 gems so I bought them. Sofa is cute and I love the table and chairs. I would however like to see some more wall decorations, some garland, wreaths, lights etc. I feel like the walls always get forgotten.

ashrb
12-05-13, 10:56 AM
Pretty disappointing not seeing any Hanukkah items even at the end of the holiday. At least RS got a nice window and a weird looking tree in a pot. So little when they give to all other holidays so much. I like having decor for all holidays, and so far I've collected decor for many different holidays, whether I celebrate them or not, and this one just has nothing at all in BS and very very little in all other games. Come to think of it, I don't think BS has ever gotten anything for jewish holidays at all...me thinks your team needs to hire more varity of people from different cultures, so maybe we get more varity in items?

I agree with you completely. I celebrate Christmas, but I have always wondered why TL never combines Hanukkah. They can't use "we are an American company" as an excuse because America has a large Jewish population. I think it would be cool to see a lot more diversity, I mean if they can have Chinese new year updates then why not Hanukkah?

sweetsandmagic
12-05-13, 11:49 AM
This is my first Christmas in BS, i'm so exited, i cant wait to see, but to be honest i didn't like the new updates, i mean love the chairs, but not so much the tables and the tiles and the wall paper. This morning i accidentaly paid 35 gems that i was collecting but mistake and the new decor singin kids��anyway ... Hope to see soon (not the next wendsday) nice things!

Nyliram1
12-05-13, 12:06 PM
YEA!
Need new goals.

snlps
12-05-13, 01:18 PM
I love your Santas grotto and reindeer. I think it's the best goal prize in BS history!! I wish I would have been
Playing then.

buck44
12-05-13, 07:13 PM
Great ideas!!!!!

buck44
12-05-13, 07:16 PM
Great ideas for future update items jeldon2864!

CuteTali
12-05-13, 08:32 PM
At first I thought that and refused to do the goal, now I really regret *sigh* Yes they look great, all of them, except for the dancing couple XD

I know what you mean, I didn't like any of this at first and I think my first year+ playing these games I avoided any halloween and xmas decor, just hate the colors so much from a fashion standpoint. After a while I kinda got used to the clashing colors of these two holidays (red+green; orange+black) and do any goals that come my way if only so that I don't regret not having it later. The only reindeer I liked I think is called vixen and I did the goals because I like her red coat and cute box on her head, figured I'd use her for decoration with my valentine items.

CuteTali
12-05-13, 08:36 PM
I agree with you completely. I celebrate Christmas, but I have always wondered why TL never combines Hanukkah. They can't use "we are an American company" as an excuse because America has a large Jewish population. I think it would be cool to see a lot more diversity, I mean if they can have Chinese new year updates then why not Hanukkah?

I totally agree there! I mean these games celebrate holidays that are american, chinese, japanese, asian, mexican, irish just to name some, yet we never see much in the way of jewish holiday decor. I was always hoping for a matzah table and chairs, menorah tables and chairs, etc etc. I can picture it perfectly in my mind, so wish I could draw sometimes..

TinksThots
12-05-13, 11:31 PM
I WANT THE REINDEEEEERS!!!

This week's chairs, meh without a matching table, because the tables... wut? I'm never zoomed in that far, not for very long, so they're just blah tables. Clock, too tiny, carolers, too big, what with the cost of expansions. My 6mil one has been over 4mil away since spring, I think. Dunno, I gave up. Wall/floor, so/so, nothing special. Counters I don't invest in outside of goals forcing me to, so I barely looked at that. Overall... this week gets a low C. I'm not holding back on ANYTHING critical now... Not since they got me. Yeah, they got the big mouth. The two items I wanted on black Friday were four gems more than I could pull together through frantic cooking, bubble popping, and bingo daubing, so I cracked and handed over three bucks because I wanted my way by golly. I am ashamed, but now I know how easy it is to fall in, and my perceptions are decidedly skewered. :/

Also, TL... Goals typically last a month-ish... So any xmas goals that result in xmas decor are gonna stretch past the time to decorate with them... Awfully nice of you.

whimsy22
12-06-13, 12:52 AM
I totally agree there! I mean these games celebrate holidays that are american, chinese, japanese, asian, mexican, irish just to name some, yet we never see much in the way of jewish holiday decor. I was always hoping for a matzah table and chairs, menorah tables and chairs, etc etc. I can picture it perfectly in my mind, so wish I could draw sometimes..

Did you like the Hanukkah dragon? I don't ever buy dragons, but i saw the popup for it

WubWubSexi
12-06-13, 09:14 AM
its 12/6/13 already! any sign of the new update?

sesamecake
12-06-13, 02:26 PM
Yea I'm bored of the fall stuff and the "new" Christmas-ish stuff is not really much. Sometimes I wonder if anyone is even working at TL... maybe just 1 dude who just slaps some stuff together, upload it to the servers and call it a day. Zzzzz....

dlrcy
12-06-13, 02:57 PM
When will the xmas edition e out im anxious waiting

dlrcy
12-06-13, 03:01 PM
I am anxious my firstxmas edition when when when lol

LalaSmooth
12-06-13, 03:12 PM
Can you please add more xmas decorations to our bakerys before the next update

goofy42
12-06-13, 03:23 PM
In the two years that I have been playing this game (and RS), there have never been any decor (or recipes) for Chanukah. As lovely as the Christmas decorations are, it would be nice, as you mentioned, to include some Chanukah items. There are plenty of items (and, again, yummy recipes). This year RS has a Chanukah bush...not exactly the ideal Chanukah item (it's just a tree with 'dreidel' ornaments) and Menorah windows. It would have been nice to simply have the actual menorah or dreidel offered. And, of course, BS has offered nothing.

filochick1982
12-06-13, 04:09 PM
I don't really care much for goals. Just disappointed there are no new Christmas recipes and not many decorations to buy. I have coins and gems a plenty. Let me spend it!

gdmcrjunkie
12-06-13, 05:10 PM
This week's chairs, meh without a matching table, because the tables... wut?

I think they looks very nice with Log Tables! Not the most Christmas-ey table but eh :D

One of my neighbours has many many reindeers (all of them perhaps?), they're so cute! Want.

TinksThots
12-06-13, 06:46 PM
I think they looks very nice with Log Tables! Not the most Christmas-ey table but eh :D

One of my neighbours has many many reindeers (all of them perhaps?), they're so cute! Want.
That's a great idea! I don't have those tables, but they look like they'd work pretty well. =D I want those reindeer too, all of them, sooooo bad!!!

CuteTali
12-06-13, 07:43 PM
Did you like the Hanukkah dragon? I don't ever buy dragons, but i saw the popup for it

Yes! I love it, but unfortunately, even though I've been trying to breed it from the day it came out, all I keep getting are mist and mindvolts. And I spent all my gold on premium habitats. Also I think dragons should cost around 500, not 1600, so probably not gonna buy more gold atm.

CuteTali
12-06-13, 07:48 PM
In the two years that I have been playing this game (and RS), there have never been any decor (or recipes) for Chanukah. As lovely as the Christmas decorations are, it would be nice, as you mentioned, to include some Chanukah items. There are plenty of items (and, again, yummy recipes). This year RS has a Chanukah bush...not exactly the ideal Chanukah item (it's just a tree with 'dreidel' ornaments) and Menorah windows. It would have been nice to simply have the actual menorah or dreidel offered. And, of course, BS has offered nothing.

Oh yeah, we could be getting a new menorah every years, there are many different designs. The one time Fashion had a menorah, it was missing some candles and only had 7 in total instead of 9 and the dreidel both in RS and FS had the letters backwards. I don't know why it's so hard for them to do this, but then spam us with xmas stuff across every game. Recipe wise, we could've had hanukkah doughnuts, latkes, gold chocolate coins, star of david cookies, menorah cupcakes, dreidel cupcakes, and some displays with such items put together wouldn't hurt either. You don't even have to be creative with it, just open any website that sells gifts and browse for hanukkah items. I like this and the cool blues and silvers of snow/winter color themes much more than the clashing colors of red and green. I see it as more modern and less traditional style.

whimsy22
12-06-13, 07:50 PM
Yes! I love it, but unfortunately, even though I've been trying to breed it from the day it came out, all I keep getting are mist and mindvolts. And I spent all my gold on premium habitats. Also I think dragons should cost around 500, not 1600, so probably not gonna buy more gold atm.

Good luck with getting it. Hopefully they add more diverse things to bs :-) i just bought the peppermint couch. Awesome item!!!! Love the colours

CuteTali
12-06-13, 07:55 PM
Good luck with getting it. Hopefully they add more diverse things to bs :-) i just bought the peppermint couch. Awesome item!!!! Love the colours

Yes, I love the peppermint couch, especially how it's shaped, bought several of those for both my shops. Wouldn't mind seeing this shape of couch in other colors for the other games too.

whimsy22
12-07-13, 02:46 AM
I like how elegant the peppermint couch is. You could sort of use it all year round

rilette
12-07-13, 07:36 AM
http:// bakery_story-2013-12-07-03-30-19
I put Light Table near reinder Blizen. Lookks niceeeee

rilette
12-07-13, 07:39 AM
Sorry. No attachment... :-(

goofy42
12-07-13, 11:21 AM
Oh yeah, we could be getting a new menorah every years, there are many different designs. The one time Fashion had a menorah, it was missing some candles and only had 7 in total instead of 9 and the dreidel both in RS and FS had the letters backwards. I don't know why it's so hard for them to do this, but then spam us with xmas stuff across every game. Recipe wise, we could've had hanukkah doughnuts, latkes, gold chocolate coins, star of david cookies, menorah cupcakes, dreidel cupcakes, and some displays with such items put together wouldn't hurt either. You don't even have to be creative with it, just open any website that sells gifts and browse for hanukkah items. I like this and the cool blues and silvers of snow/winter color themes much more than the clashing colors of red and green. I see it as more modern and less traditional style.
Oh, yes..you have great ideas....However, I doubt that we will ever see any Chanukah items... I don't understand why. Although this is just a game, (and, as much as I do like the Christmas decorations and recipes), it would be wonderful to be able to decorate (and cook) with more than one holiday theme.