PDA

View Full Version : Gem rewards for crowns

liscke
12-03-13, 06:33 PM
I see in chat that there are now gem rewards for earning certain numbers of crowns. Where are the gems for those of us who are already past the thresholds? Very disappointing that the players who play the most are the ones disadvantaged. Most games would universally implement the achievement so it is retrospectively recognised. What are the chances?

syllrag
12-03-13, 10:23 PM
100 gems for reaching 500 crowns. It is a good bargain. Help new players to match the current level of old players easier, especially with the help of the 3rd workers, so we can have a bigger pool of high level players in the future for a better match up.

sand
12-04-13, 09:33 AM
These goals were less to reward and encourage new players and actually geared toward those who play a lot but are either camping or farming in the lower crown ranges. 100 gems for 500 crowns; 250 gems for 1000 crowns; 500 gems for 1500 crowns. The game developer's goal is to lure experienced players back into the upper ranges (which are fairly deplete of targets) and out of the lower ranges (which have become over-populated by players who deliberately dumped their crowns either to hide or to plunder the lower bases.)

Unfortunately, while this incentive is seeing a mass migration of farmers and campers into the upper crown ranges, the solution is short-lived. Most will surely descend again as soon as they collect their gems. If they were down below 500 crowns when the goals launched, they are looking at a reward of at least 850 gems for what is surely an easy climb for this type of player. Because the majority of them are not low-level players; they are powerful high-level, low-crown players.

It's like if you decided to start living in your vacation home, and the government offered you a tax credit to move back to your regular residence for a few days to revitalize the community.

kittensabc
12-04-13, 10:00 AM
If we dropped down below the thresholds, would we get the gems?

FrozenTurtle
12-04-13, 11:10 AM
I see in chat that there are now gem rewards for earning certain numbers of crowns. Where are the gems for those of us who are already past the thresholds? Very disappointing that the players who play the most are the ones disadvantaged. Most games would universally implement the achievement so it is retrospectively recognised. What are the chances?

If you already are above these respective Crown amounts, you will not be able to rank down and collect the reward. Sorry!

flowless
12-04-13, 12:53 PM
Not fair move really .. We play alot and loyal to the game . Now we get te slap in the face , I know many low level crown holder who are high level players would get those gems in no time , so basically they were able to get coins so easy hiding below and now free gems too

flowless
12-04-13, 12:54 PM
I don't even feel like I wanna go after crowns anymore ,, fell *****ed in a way , play honest and get slapped

k6scux
12-05-13, 02:23 AM
This game discourages and penalizes high Lvl players. Stupid move on their part. If we had more levels and were offered crowns on more opponents the high Lvl players wouldn't be getting so unhappy with the game and might stick around longer and spending more money on the game

syllrag
12-05-13, 08:53 AM
Another 50 gems for reaching 250 crowns

scottyhaha
12-05-13, 09:15 AM
I just want to say thank for the gems!!!! :o

scottyhaha
12-05-13, 10:06 AM
These goals were less to reward and encourage new players and actually geared toward those who play a lot but are either camping or farming in the lower crown ranges. 100 gems for 500 crowns; 250 gems for 1000 crowns; 500 gems for 1500 crowns. The game developer's goal is to lure experienced players back into the upper ranges (which are fairly deplete of targets) and out of the lower ranges (which have become over-populated by players who deliberately dumped their crowns either to hide or to plunder the lower bases.)

Unfortunately, while this incentive is seeing a mass migration of farmers and campers into the upper crown ranges, the solution is short-lived. Most will surely descend again as soon as they collect their gems. If they were down below 500 crowns when the goals launched, they are looking at a reward of at least 850 gems for what is surely an easy climb for this type of player. Because the majority of them are not low-level players; they are powerful high-level, low-crown players.

It's like if you decided to start living in your vacation home, and the government offered you a tax credit to move back to your regular residence for a few days to revitalize the community.

Going back to my vocation home!

grover60
12-05-13, 10:10 AM
It's a great move and very welcome. The old saying goes that you have to please the minorities; farmers are happy so good for them. New players are happy so good for them. People on the threshold of a gem target are happy so good for them. So many people happy! How can it not be a good thing?

Long term players at high level and high crowns are not the be all and end all and have benefitted in other ways thus far, you have had shorter build times, for one. So suck it up guys and live and realise that you are only one part of a larger in-game demographic?

abcdefgh987
12-05-13, 10:10 AM
I agree! I thought it was a great experience and I am very happy to get 1000 gems in the course of it. City was nice for a day but I realized that I really am more of a countryside boy...

flowless
12-05-13, 12:35 PM
It's a great move and very welcome. The old saying goes that you have to please the minorities; farmers are happy so good for them. New players are happy so good for them. People on the threshold of a gem target are happy so good for them. So many people happy! How can it not be a good thing?

Long term players at high level and high crowns are not the be all and end all and have benefitted in other ways thus far, you have had shorter build times, for one. So suck it up guys and live and realise that you are only one part of a larger in-game demographic?

U say that cuz ur not denied the gems

Iam not long term player
But player daily for sometime to gain the crowns pretty quick
And the coins
Played fair didn't hide low
And played alot .. Progress fast
U think with my 2000 crows my kingdom look fancy
No it doesn't

So farmers get to have the gems
Buy extra work shelid
Go hiding again
Progress faster

While we royal players get ignored

grover60
12-05-13, 02:54 PM

Iam not long term player
And the coins
No it doesn't

Buy extra work shelid
Go hiding again
Progress faster

Not just farmers get the gems as I clearly pointed out. You choose to play the game in a particular way and I choose mine. You complain about being ignored but you choose your method of approaching the game. Who are you or anyone else to say that your strategy has more merit than mine, or your way is the decent or correct way to play the game? Where is that written? Off your high horse fella.

scottyhaha
12-05-13, 03:19 PM

Iam not long term player
And the coins
No it doesn't

Buy extra work shelid
Go hiding again
Progress faster

Don't hate the players or how a player plays!
Farmers are royal players too. It is how we play the game!
You play it your way we play it our way! And if you don't like how the game goes stop playing.
We are not hiding!!!

MeisterLampee
12-05-13, 03:34 PM
Do you think farming is fun? It is no fun at all. It is boring. It is hard work. It is training! Like training in real life. You train, and then you come back stronger than before. So stop to envy. You have two options: You stay happy where you are, and be proud of your crowns, or you go training (farming). Either you fight for crowns or you fight to improve your base. IMHO this game works like this, and that is good so! I find it good like that.

Back to topic:

I think these gems rewards are a very good idea and help for new players. It is motivation to fight up the ranking on the one hand, and a little help to progress faster. Exactly what many people here claimed: Help to chase up older players.

So FM, thank you very much for that gift.

flowless
12-06-13, 01:19 AM
Well I don't hate the farmers

I hate that some players got denied for playing a certain way

We should be equil

Simple

If it was the other way around
U would object to it too

grover60
12-06-13, 08:30 AM
Who would object to it? Me? Take a look through my posts on this forum and find where I have objected to additions, modifications, tweaks, incentives, anything and you will be looking for a long time.
You think everyone should be equal? Well they could only be treated equally if they had the same number of coins, the same number of spell stones, crowns, gems, walls of the same level, catapults, rabbits, cornflakes, comfy sofas, my little ponies and whatever else. Anything that gets introduced into the game will affect some groups more than it affects others depending on your level, your infrastructure, your strategy and any other number of facets of the game. It just so happens that this time you have missed out, what a shame. As was said earlier, there have been patches that certainly will have advantaged you and disadvantaged me, the only difference is that I am not on here - or others of my ilk - whining about it.

jackansi
12-06-13, 10:47 AM
Great idea to help catch new people up and to put out a carrot on a stick to get more people to crown up. You long timers shouldn't be complaining about a possible influx of people into the higher crown ranks, should give you more of a chance to find a match that will give you crowns. If you're worried about losing rank, you can just beat them back down into the lower crown rankings anyway since you've got a pretty hefty lead.

I did a bit of the math, someone starting to today would need to spend just shy of $1,200 US to even have a slim chance of cracking the top 5 individual ranks. Would cost just shy of $4,500 US to replicate the #1 person's base...

flowless
12-06-13, 10:24 PM
Who would object to it? Me? Take a look through my posts on this forum and find where I have objected to additions, modifications, tweaks, incentives, anything and you will be looking for a long time.
You think everyone should be equal? Well they could only be treated equally if they had the same number of coins, the same number of spell stones, crowns, gems, walls of the same level, catapults, rabbits, cornflakes, comfy sofas, my little ponies and whatever else. Anything that gets introduced into the game will affect some groups more than it affects others depending on your level, your infrastructure, your strategy and any other number of facets of the game. It just so happens that this time you have missed out, what a shame. As was said earlier, there have been patches that certainly will have advantaged you and disadvantaged me, the only difference is that I am not on here - or others of my ilk - whining about it.

Anything get introduced effect All of us
Now for the better or the worse depends on the level etc
One ex: When the promoting troops duration become longer
It affected the new or midway players
But it was introduced to All , all

Why the gems should be the exception

That was the question
As it clearly give huge advantage for some players
May not be much if advantage to others

But it should include all

jackansi
12-06-13, 10:57 PM

That was the question

Answer me this:

How is giving more gems people already above 1500 crowns going to help the situation of no one being able to find crowns?

sand
12-07-13, 04:59 AM

Iam not long term player
And the coins
No it doesn't

Buy extra work shelid
Go hiding again
Progress faster

Far be it for an ordinary subject like myself to address royalty. But if your crowns are near or above 2000 and your kingdom doesn't "look fancy"; if you are struggling to win battles and do upgrades at such a high level; if these gems were going to change your game in a big way, well ...
My condolences. I hope I'm not too out of place by suggesting that (even if there were no gem offer) such players are out of their league and that its their own doing. The game measures progress and success by crown count. Therefore the game assumes that players in the upper crown ranges are strong and successful and don't need a boost or handout. Likewise, the game assumes that such players should be matched against other presumably strong players, so if they are getting their assets kicked, again they're out of their league.

Buy extra work shed? If low to mid-level players are able to use these gems to get a third work shed, that's wonderful. Again, it seems the game has assumed that by the time you've exceeded 1500 crowns, you should have already gathered enough free gems to have a third or maybe fourth shed. The real-money cost of gems for a fourth shed is a relatively small investment and many of these farmers you complain about are LOYAL customers who already purchased their extra work crews. The Crowning Achievement rewards won't come close to buying anybody a fifth shed (which costs 2000 gems). I'm pretty sure most of these gems are going toward speeding upgrades or troops.

You played fair and didn't hide low. Other players also play fair when they keep or drive their crowns down. Too bad the system thought they needed help to get where you are. You were not ignored; you were regarded as elite; like, you know -- ROYAL.

sand
12-07-13, 06:07 AM
That's it. I really didn't care about the gems, and didn't want to set foot in the upper crown levels, but I'm doing this! See the discussion thread titled "Percentages Unfair" where I will post on my progress! Lets see whether those super-enhanced catapults and lightning towers will cut me down. LOL

scottyhaha
12-07-13, 08:28 AM

That was the question

Like Grover said stop whining about it!!!
Don't run to your daddy and ask your daddy, why mommy give a candy to your lil bro but not you? Grow up please!!

flowless
12-09-13, 04:03 AM
I just want to say thank for the gems!!!! :o

Like Grover said stop whining about it!!!
Don't run to your daddy and ask your daddy, why mommy give a candy to your lil bro but not you? Grow up please!!

This is a forum where Players voice their complains , suggestions and feedback
If u don't want to see complains don't log in
I never went against players who complained before
It's there right to do so

So grow up and learn to except that other people have different view

flowless
12-09-13, 04:06 AM
Far be it for an ordinary subject like myself to address royalty. But if your crowns are near or above 2000 and your kingdom doesn't "look fancy"; if you are struggling to win battles and do upgrades at such a high level; if these gems were going to change your game in a big way, well ...
My condolences. I hope I'm not too out of place by suggesting that (even if there were no gem offer) such players are out of their league and that its their own doing. The game measures progress and success by crown count. Therefore the game assumes that players in the upper crown ranges are strong and successful and don't need a boost or handout. Likewise, the game assumes that such players should be matched against other presumably strong players, so if they are getting their assets kicked, again they're out of their league.

Buy extra work shed? If low to mid-level players are able to use these gems to get a third work shed, that's wonderful. Again, it seems the game has assumed that by the time you've exceeded 1500 crowns, you should have already gathered enough free gems to have a third or maybe fourth shed. The real-money cost of gems for a fourth shed is a relatively small investment and many of these farmers you complain about are LOYAL customers who already purchased their extra work crews. The Crowning Achievement rewards won't come close to buying anybody a fifth shed (which costs 2000 gems). I'm pretty sure most of these gems are going toward speeding upgrades or troops.

You played fair and didn't hide low. Other players also play fair when they keep or drive their crowns down. Too bad the system thought they needed help to get where you are. You were not ignored; you were regarded as elite; like, you know -- ROYAL.

All I wanted is to have this chance applied to all

Just like other changes

Regardless of style of playing

Why shou

flowless
12-09-13, 04:10 AM
Answer me this:

How is giving more gems people already above 1500 crowns going to help the situation of no one being able to find crowns?

What's the relation between gems and crowns �� ?

I don't know why ur asking this question

Of u r referring to the advantage I was talking about

I meant being able to but extra work shop

Being able to upgrade more buildings at the same time
Is an advantage

sand
12-11-13, 06:44 AM
What's the relation between gems and crowns �� ?

I don't know why ur asking this question

Of u r referring to the advantage I was talking about

I meant being able to but extra work shop

Being able to upgrade more buildings at the same time
Is an advantage

You know, I totally get that you resent being left out. I myself wish that I could have collected the gems for reaching 500 crowns. In fact, had they launched the goals a couple hours earlier, I would also have missed out on the gems for reaching 1000 crowns.

But understand the objective of the developers: bring more players into the underpopulated upper ranks.
Now lets imagine them going further than the 1500-crown mark to reach the 500 or so players who are ranked higher. 750 gems to reach 2000 crowns, 1000 gems to reach 2500 crowns... Huh? Where is that going? If the 200 players in the 1500-2000 range push up to join the less than 300 players in the 2000-2500 range, that still leaves the problem of underpopulated upper ranks which would now be even further out of range for the vast majority.

Furthermore, won't the players above 2500 (less than 30 in total) feel left out of the gem offers? Should FireMocha just keep raising the target so that ALL players have a prize to shoot for? But wait! No need. Because there is already a prize for those who want to shoot the moon. It's the tournament, and the individual first prize for that is 500 gems, offered not once in a lifetime, but every few days.

amegazz
12-11-13, 02:15 PM
But not every high crown can get the prize.... I had 2xxx crown before the gems quest... They should just redeem those crown for everyone that passed the range like any other game would normally do. No point complaining though ...if we don't like the game just quit :)