PDA

View Full Version : Sweepstakes: Thank you for participating!

PikaSquirrel
12-03-13, 05:01 PM
Hi everyone,

Thank you for everyone who participated in the Sweepstakes Caravan quests!
We want to show our appreciation for all of your support and will have an in-game surprise for you shortly!

Check your questbook for a new quest! :)
Quest will be available until December 16th at 12:00AM, so make sure to complete this quest and get your gift before then!

judyvines
12-03-13, 05:30 PM
Thank you for the challenge. I am a long time player, and was able to finish all three parts with 11 hours to spare. I know there have been a lot of negative comments about the sweepstake, but I, for one, appreciated the new challenge.

tigarlilyvol
12-03-13, 06:02 PM
Thank you for the challenge. I am a long time player, and was able to finish all three parts with 11 hours to spare. I know there have been a lot of negative comments about the sweepstake, but I, for one, appreciated the new challenge.

I finished also, I can't stand to have a challenge and not at least try to accomplish it, even if it is just filling a shopping list.

creolepraline
12-03-13, 06:08 PM
I was almost done. Couldn't get enough red petals in time. What do you both do for them, aside from ivy? Do share!

I still liked or because it gave me a reason to check in more. My three little alicorns came in handy for sure. It was fun. This game has a new life to it that we needed and I really appreciate.

Can't wait to see what the surprise is! Thank you!

tigarlilyvol
12-03-13, 06:54 PM
I had gems from playing other games and bought the red trillium flower when it came out and collected from it whenever I could.

judyvines
12-03-13, 06:55 PM
I was almost done. Couldn't get enough red petals in time. What do you both do for them, aside from ivy? Do share!

I still liked or because it gave me a reason to check in more. My three little alicorns came in handy for sure. It was fun. This game has a new life to it that we needed and I really appreciate.

I have been playing since the Valentine edition, so I have lots of plants that drop red petals. I know there is one in the market now.....I think it costs 35 gems.

creolepraline
12-03-13, 07:10 PM
I have been playing since the Valentine edition, so I have lots of plants that drop red petals. I know there is one in the market now.....I think it costs 35 gems.

Thanks! You know what, I never even thought to dig out my valentine plants. I have a bunch of them. Guess I'll pull them out, I was stumped by how we mere mortals were supposed to come up with 120 of them.

I also wondered If anyone had gotten to red tril....whatever they're called from adventures. It's too steep for me right now.

ghjvcucjb
12-03-13, 07:14 PM
Super cool! I love surprises! TIA!

ghjvcucjb
12-03-13, 07:19 PM
Creolepraline, definitely pull out those v day plants. I'm thinking red petals and dyes may be in our future. I'm trying to replenish my inventory of all petals then do a few dyes ahead of time. Better safe then sorry. Also if you don't have a couple of the red producing ones you can still make them in your love shack.

outhouse01
12-03-13, 08:36 PM
Creolepraline, definitely pull out those v day plants. I'm thinking red petals and dyes may be in our future. I'm trying to replenish my inventory of all petals then do a few dyes ahead of time. Better safe then sorry. Also if you don't have a couple of the red producing ones you can still make them in your love shack.

I suspect you may be right. After the last few quests that required copious amounts of red petals/dyes, and the comments that followed, they then finally provided a flower for non v players to get red petals more easily. I can only think that they have red petals/dye planned for their Christmas release, hence the release of the flower. Best 35 gems spent for me. Cheers.

vednir
12-03-13, 08:48 PM
Let's see if they do the right thing and offer this to everyone independent of eligibility for the sweepstakes or whether they managed to complete all 3 caravans.

creolepraline
12-03-13, 09:04 PM
Very nice, they gave us 40 energy! Easiest goal EVA.

zuma022
12-03-13, 09:08 PM
Goes over the 40 limit too unlike the alicorn refill. Thank TL

dezzzila
12-03-13, 09:11 PM
I appreciate it TL :) Thank you. Thanksgiving goals got me so excited! I can't wait till Christmas!

ghjvcucjb
12-03-13, 09:23 PM
Thank you TL!

echo1996
12-03-13, 10:04 PM
Thank you, that is very nice if TL!

froltojo
12-03-13, 10:06 PM
Well thank you for the 40 energy points. I am somewhat underwhelmed at your generosity. I personally would have preferred a "sorry we wasted morethan two hours of your time" along with the points. The time it would take for those 40 energy points to normally refill anyway.

puunpet
12-03-13, 10:20 PM
Thank you for thankgiving gift:rolleyes: I'm so appreciated.

Spelletje1
12-03-13, 10:27 PM
Thank you for the gift!

newpam575
12-03-13, 11:37 PM
Thank you for the gift of energy.

marse66
12-03-13, 11:40 PM
Thank you for the extra 40 energy.. Spent them quicky.. ;0)

Castloninian
12-04-13, 01:10 AM
Thanks for the energy. I got it even though I only did the first caravan. Wondering if anyone who loaded something onto a caravan (but not finished it) got it? That would be nice because I am sure there were plenty of people who gave up halfway because of ineligibility.

Queenzod
12-04-13, 01:13 AM
Thanks for the energy. I got it even though I only did the first caravan. Wondering if anyone who loaded something onto a caravan (but not finished it) got it? That would be nice because I am sure there were plenty of people who gave up halfway because of ineligibility.

I got it and I didn't load a particle of anything. Nice!

newzealander
12-04-13, 01:27 AM
I got it and I only did the first and most of the second caravans, before I realised I was in eligible. Thank you, TL, for the recognition of what we lost.

CLOVERKAITO
12-04-13, 01:43 AM
I loaded about half of caravan 1. I think they gave 40 energy to everyone.

zoo123g
12-04-13, 04:12 AM
Thank you for the gift of extra energy teamlava. love you guys :))

katbtodd
12-04-13, 05:09 AM
I finished second part almost finished 3rd,, just needed about 20 teeth,, oh well only 10 winners,, good luck to all

shambalaya
12-04-13, 05:15 AM
I didn't do any of the caravans at all, but I still got 40 energy, thanks TL! :-)

katbtodd
12-04-13, 05:43 AM
Yes thanks TL it was a wonderful gift we all , always need more energy

Kwackers
12-04-13, 05:53 AM
Did not participate in caravans. Got the energy, collected trade ticket from exchange and noticed 200 gems were missing from my account. I did NOT speed up anything. Nice one!

bigtail2
12-04-13, 06:12 AM
So then this didn't have anything to do with all of the supplies that many of us wasted? Sorry, TL, but 40 energy doesn't come close to replacing what I put into pointless caravans. And not to seem ungrateful, but it's a slap in the face to give the same "prize" to everyone, whether they participated or not. The ones who didn't must be feeling very smug today.

BriarAvenue
12-04-13, 07:21 AM
So then this didn't have anything to do with all of the supplies that many of us wasted? Sorry, TL, but 40 energy doesn't come close to replacing what I put into pointless caravans. And not to seem ungrateful, but it's a slap in the face to give the same "prize" to everyone, whether they participated or not. The ones who didn't must be feeling very smug today.

That's exactly what I wrote. Blowing in the Wind. Legal fell flat, PR fell flat.
The most gracious approach should be a sincere apology, and then donate a sum to charity.
N after all, h n h knows if there were 10 winners or the criteria of winning.
E.g. Who did the draw?

BriarAvenue
12-04-13, 07:22 AM
Btw, not sure if I am the only one who didn't get 40 stupid gems.

BriarAvenue
12-04-13, 07:23 AM
I mean flashes. Can I ask for some blood instead, ha!

BriarAvenue
12-04-13, 07:34 AM
Oh, what if a winner turns out to be a minor? automatically disqualified?
Any legal consequences?

rosym47
12-04-13, 07:52 AM
The discussion about how the sweepstake was handled can go on for ever but I for one feel enough has been said. TL got some aspects wrong, they have apologised for the confusion and have given some compensation and I thank them for that. However some people put more into the sweepstake than others and so some will come out of this winners and some losers but this is a game. One of the first thing we learn when we become gamers is that however high your s****s you can still lose out. So a well done from me for those who came out of this well, and commiserations to those who lost out. I hope you continue gaming.

aimeeq
12-04-13, 08:42 AM
I only finished the 1st one because I live in FL and wanted something for the stuff I had already put in. Thanks TL!

MiniLaura
12-04-13, 08:42 AM
Btw, not sure if I am the only one who didn't get 40 stupid gems.

The reward was not 40 gems. It was 40 energies.

rengirl1978
12-04-13, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the energy TL! I enjoy playing Castle Story and will continue to do so. It's only a game, and I have the rest of my life to replace the items that I happily used in the caravan. My inventory was packed anyway.

mymummy789
12-04-13, 09:13 AM
I also appreciate the energy. Only did the first two caravans, but already my stocks are almost complete again.

jessicattt
12-04-13, 09:17 AM
Thank you for the energy! :)

PikaSquirrel
12-04-13, 11:47 AM
Did not participate in caravans. Got the energy, collected trade ticket from exchange and noticed 200 gems were missing from my account. I did NOT speed up anything. Nice one!

Please submit a ticket at support@teamlava.com and a support agent will look into this for you, thank you!

Castlevilla
12-04-13, 02:27 PM

I received the energy and was very appreciative! I wasn't eligible for sweepstakes as I live in Canada. It was really nice to be acknowledged and eligible for the THANKYOU gift. I did half of the first caravan and also posted on the forum of my disappointment of not being eligible...( in a nice way).

Thank you TL it was very appreciated!! I love this game!!

magicalsnow
12-04-13, 02:39 PM
do we know who won yet?

PikaSquirrel
12-04-13, 04:17 PM
We have not picked the winners yet. Please see our official rule for more information: http://www.storm8.com/rules/castlestory

aypeerez
12-04-13, 04:49 PM
Thank you all the way from New Zealand for the energy gift today. I was only slightly miffed at having completed the first part of the challenge and then finding i wasnt eligible and today you took the miff out of me. Love the game.

ashanthya
12-04-13, 05:44 PM
I did the first caravan. I figured it was like any lottery: an infinitesimal chance to win, so no real difference between 1, 2 or 3 entries (1 out of a million or 3 out of a million, not a practical difference). But still, a chance to win versus no chance to win = me doing a caravan. :) And thanks for the extra energy, you can do that all the time for holidays. ;) Actually, that's a good idea. It's Labor/Mother's/Talk-Like-A-Pirate Day... Let's celebrate with energy! Yay! It's simple and everyone appreciates it. :)

jim23cash
12-04-13, 05:59 PM
Thank you for the energy TL!

esmerelda35
12-04-13, 06:34 PM
Thank you for the energy also! I had been disappointed and frustrated when I found out after wasting resources that I wasn't eligible, so I really appreciate this good faith gesture! Thanks!

judyluvs
12-04-13, 07:28 PM
I had filled the first two caravans and was halfway through the third when I found out about NY not being eligible in the Sweepstakes play. Rather miffed at the restriction, however I continued to finish the quest up to the end of the time limit. Compulsive gaming behavior even led me to finish with gems for the last few creep teeth, bones and wool that just refused to be found in time. Free refill of energy was good, thanks for the gesture.

Laserlady
12-04-13, 09:09 PM

Red petals now available as a drop every time from Red Trillium plant cost 35 gems

Laserlady
12-04-13, 09:16 PM
Hi everyone,

Thank you for everyone who participated in the Sweepstakes Caravan quests!
We want to show our appreciation for all of your support and will have an in-game surprise for you shortly!

Check your questbook for a new quest! :)

Who won the 1,000 gem prize in the sweepstake?

meme1098
12-04-13, 09:28 PM
According to the T & C:

5. Drawing. On or about December 7, 2013, ten (10) Grand Prize winners will be determined by a random drawing from all eligible entries, to be held at Storm8, Inc., 1000 Bridge Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065 (the "Grand Prize Drawing"). Each Grand Prize winner will be notified within ten (10) days after his or her entry is selected, via in-app notification.

dracoonic
12-05-13, 01:19 AM
thanks for the energy! keep'em coming :P

luminariaflora
12-05-13, 08:01 AM
Thanks TL for the adventures, they were a fun challenge! And thanks for the extra energy surprise... That was a nice bonus! Looking forward to the next adventure!

luke1100
12-05-13, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the energy.........

PikaSquirrel
12-05-13, 04:50 PM
Quest will be available until December 16th at 12:00AM, so make sure to complete this quest and get your gift before then!

eastie41
12-07-13, 04:15 PM
:cool: Thanks for the extra energy! Nice Surprise.

bobbert29
12-10-13, 08:37 PM
Who won the 1,000 gem prize in the sweepstake?
Excellent question. Weren't the winners supposed to be announced around the 7th?

elaur
12-11-13, 04:34 AM
I was just checking for winners too.

katbtodd
12-11-13, 04:35 AM
Me too,, they at least should be posted for all to see

LadyKatja
12-11-13, 06:15 AM
Personally I am still pissed off about the sweepstakes, and I think 40 energy is not in balance with the amount of stuff I lost...

I have to say, I quit the came for this reason for almost two weeks (being so fed up with it and recent developments at TL; though I was happy with the new goals). It was
for the neighbors who left such sweet notes on my wall I returned... Otherwise, I wouldn't have returned.

Because I didn't play so long I will not manage the recent goal I think, but that was my decision. I never missed any goal in this game.

I hope TL learned its lesson from this so long term players will keep investing in this game (energy and money wise).

Note: Everyone in the game should be equal and it should not depend on where you live in the world (or there should be a warning in the game; not on the forum).

For now, I just wanted to write what I just wrote. To get the frustration out ;)
I hope this will never ever happen again. I play this game for over one year and it was and is such a shame I started hating the game, while I’ve been enjoying it so much over a stupid (in my opinion) mistake.

troubadours
12-15-13, 12:37 PM
I understand the names of the winners not being released, but it would be nice to know if the winners were even announced already or not.

katbtodd
12-16-13, 05:50 AM
Well if they have sent out winner there gems.. It wasn't me,,, I got 2 /3 entry out in time

jimboser
12-16-13, 07:46 AM
Also not a winner (yet?) with 3 entries.

meme1098
12-16-13, 11:50 AM
So when are winners populated? Are they notified in-game, i.e; game pop up? If so, I haven't won either.

troubadours
12-20-13, 06:26 PM
Yeah I'm going to go ahead and assume I didn't win...

my607
01-01-14, 04:54 PM
Can someone tell us who won the sweepstakes?

Miflatzonet
01-01-14, 05:22 PM
I stopped after the second part because it took me that long to realise I won't be able to win even if I do complete all the tasks... it really should have been clearer that it's only for US residents (or better yet, NOT be just for US residents).

Please TL if you ever do something like this again, make it obvious for those who can't participate that they shouldn't waste all their resources for nothing.

elaur
01-04-14, 08:57 AM
They didn't release the names of the winners? I thought you had to for some reason.

PikaSquirrel
01-13-14, 11:31 AM
The winners have already been contacted and received their prize. There was no announcement made in game, but you can see the official rules (http://www.storm8.com/rules/castlestory) for information on how to request a list of the winners. Thanks for your feedback on this sweepstakes event, we will keep them in mind for any similar events in the future!