PDA

View Full Version : No christmas edition for iOS users?

laceylaine
12-03-13, 11:40 AM
Is it just me, or have we not gotten any special editions for iOS in Fashion Story? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the last edition in 2012, for the Olympics?! Kind of sad and feeling neglected. I remember getting a new version almost every holiday a couple years ago. Any hopes for a Christmas edition for iOS users?

inkedgemini84
12-03-13, 06:36 PM
☆I have similar feelings for android lol... what i really think is fs should make eveything availiable on all platforms so no one gets left out... at least ios has the makeup counter and valentines edition- i cant get either due to having android... seems unfair...☆

Dreamer691
12-03-13, 07:19 PM
iOs hasn't had a Valentines edition since 2012. Like laceylaine said, the World Games edition is the last new version we've had.
But I completely agree that everyone across ALL devices should have the same things, get the same updates at the same time, and get the same new versions. That way no one would feel like they're missing out

minidemon88
12-04-13, 01:26 AM
It's been way so long that I can't even remember when is the last time ios player got a new seasonal edition. As for a Christmas edition for ios player, I guess we can only dream on. Since most of the time, every new seasonal edition are for android player only. Sad I know but there's nothing we can do. So continue to stick on to your regular version. :(

xoxoBabyGirl
12-04-13, 01:45 AM
Yes, it was during the Olympics that ios users had a seasonal edition :( I just don't understand why android users are able to get apps readily but ios users can't. Is there a problem between Apple & TL? Plus on top of the seasonal versions, aren't there goals that came with some of them? Definitely feeling left out.

Not sure what TL is trying to say about Fashion Story anymore. The lack of attention this game is getting is a cause for concern...no teasers, a VERY early pull of Halloween catalogs as compared to last year, a soon to be LATE arrival of Christmas catalogs, a disappointed Black Friday sale, no new editions for ios users.

PinkPixiShop
12-04-13, 01:50 PM
I am a bit confused. Are you all saying that iOS users have not had a new edition as in no FS Fall Catalog or Winter Catalog or whatever catalog edition since World Games 2012? :confused:

nky1111
12-04-13, 02:39 PM
yup.. exactly as android haven't had world games and valentine and halloween 2011

jewelfang
12-04-13, 02:56 PM
What does a new edition give that the updates don't? ios users got the update a week ago, and when android users got it yesterday, we did not get any extra items or goals, no. The 4th of July edition had a goal, but I know ios users got that goal, again about a week earlier than android users.

It seems like the only difference is the 6 gems if you wait, and a slightly different looking icon.
New catalogues are no longer tied to game editions, so having fall catalogue, for instance, does not mean android users got to keep the Halloween catalogues. I know old editions worked this way, but the new ones do not seem to. Since ios users are still getting all the same content, and earlier than android users, I do not understand the fuss.

nky1111
12-04-13, 05:57 PM
they are tied. even better, 2013 halloweens are now tied to the halloween edition. so android users keep halloween 2012, 2013 and xmas 2012 and some stuff here and there.. like earth day displays to buy later

IsisGarden
12-04-13, 06:34 PM
they are tied. even better, 2013 halloweens are now tied to the halloween edition. so android users keep halloween 2012, 2013 and xmas 2012 and some stuff here and there.. like earth day displays to buy later

Also, they get to keep mastering the catalogs.

I have an Android phone and since we can use our IDs on multiple devices, I have access to these editions. Although, I just realized this last week.

IsisGarden
12-04-13, 06:35 PM
As for a Christmas edition for ios player, I guess we can only dream on. :(

We got one last year. I am hoping against all hope that we get one. I am thinking that the reason we got such a low key update this week is because we are getting an iOs edition. I am hoping badly that we get one.

jewelfang
12-04-13, 09:45 PM

There is no Halloween 2013 edition. It was Fall. Android users have not been allowed to keep a single catalogue or item that has been pulled for fall. The items got pulled for all users.
If they are tied to older editions, great for long time players, but again, name one item or catalogue that exists in Fall edition 2013 that you think we android users still have access to that ios users do not.

Same with any recent edition. 4th of july for instance. Even though ios users did not get an edition, they still to this day have access to the catalogue from that update. When TL pulls it,even though I still have that edition, I will lose that catalogue.

I think they used to be tied, and those that were still are, but new editions don't seem to have that.

PinkPixiShop
12-05-13, 07:28 AM
I am an Android user and can say with certainty that I've not been able to keep catalogs like the Halloween outfits when TL pulled them from the line of options to stock. Anything related to an edition or update or whatever that was "seasonal" has been pulled. This includes tables, racks, wallpaper, decor, etc. Mind you, if the decor options were purchased, they remain in inventory and show the quantity stored but are no longer available to buy additional copies.

Is this the norm for Android users or did I miss something?

nky1111
12-05-13, 06:36 PM
Load up the halloween 2012 edition. All 2013 halloween outfits are also there)))) surprise))

FS Fall catalog i guess has just one catalog tied, Autumn allure.
and FS Winter catalog also has just one. all recent editions have been like that, just 1-2 items

inkedgemini84
12-05-13, 08:06 PM
☆I have the old Christmas, Halloween, and Thanksgiving versions for android but there arent any at all for valentines... also am unable to get the makeup counter which is really disapointing... i see a lot of nbrs. with the cute little red nighties and counter and really wish I had access to those items... curious - what all do IOS users get that android users dont and vice versa? and tip: I know at least android users can download the Halloween version to gain access to past years and this years Halloween items: )☆

PinkPixiShop
12-06-13, 07:29 AM
How do you find the old versions? What name do you use to search for the games in Google Play?

nky1111
12-06-13, 07:50 AM
Fashion Story Halloween (or whatever, you can check TL blog for them)
not google play, search the internet. google play won't allow u to get it if you haven't had it before.
but later after you get it, the page on google play will open (you also must be logged into google for it to open)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.fashionstory7 <<--that's for halloween,
and you'll be able to reinstall it from google play in case you lose it.

AuntyRose32
12-06-13, 09:11 AM
What does a new edition give that the updates don't? ios users got the update a week ago, and when android users got it yesterday, we did not get any extra items or goals, no. The 4th of July edition had a goal, but I know ios users got that goal, again about a week earlier than android users.

For me, as an iOS user I would like a new edition update just because I'm tired of having to place each individual tile and wallpaper, I have to go into wallpapers, tap the wall paper I want then place it on the wall and do it all again for everyone I place. Same goes for the flooring. Instead of just going into wallpapers/flooring and tapping the paper/tile I want once and placing it and then being able to continue placing it without having to go back and forth...hope that makes some sense. Basically like the way it is in Bakery and Restaurant. iOS just needs an 'update' I don't really care if it's seasonal or not at this point I just want an update so the game isn't so slow and tedious anymore and if the only way that's gonna happen is by giving us iOS users a seasonal update then I want it. I'm not sure if you're suffering this same problem on android but the fact that you get so many new editions of the game makes me think you're not. I could be wrong though, if so you have my sympathies...I hate redecorating in Fashion because of the length of time it takes with the walls and floor and I have a small store, I don't know how the people who are fully expanded deal with this.

PinkPixiShop
12-06-13, 09:38 AM
For me, as an iOS user I would like a new edition update just because I'm tired of having to place each individual tile and wallpaper, I have to go into wallpapers, tap the wall paper I want then place it on the wall and do it all again for everyone I place. Same goes for the flooring. Instead of just going into wallpapers/flooring and tapping the paper/tile I want once and placing it and then being able to continue placing it without having to go back and forth...hope that makes some sense. Basically like the way it is in Bakery and Restaurant. iOS just needs an 'update' I don't really care if it's seasonal or not at this point I just want an update so the game isn't so slow and tedious anymore and if the only way that's gonna happen is by giving us iOS users a seasonal update then I want it. I'm not sure if you're suffering this same problem on android but the fact that you get so many new editions of the game makes me think you're not. I could be wrong though, if so you have my sympathies...I hate redecorating in Fashion because of the length of time it takes with the walls and floor and I have a small store, I don't know how the people who are fully expanded deal with this.

I'm an Android user and I, too, must select wallpapers and tiles in the fashion you describe. One thing I am still not clear on is whether or not the iOS users still get all of the updated catalogs, decor, LTOs that other device users are able to access irregardless of the lack of new editions. If so, what are you iOS users missing out on? Is the only thing different the icon and title at log in? Is that correct?

AuntyRose32
12-06-13, 11:07 AM
I'm an Android user and I, too, must select wallpapers and tiles in the fashion you describe. One thing I am still not clear on is whether or not the iOS users still get all of the updated catalogs, decor, LTOs that other device users are able to access irregardless of the lack of new editions. If so, what are you iOS users missing out on? Is the only thing different the icon and title at log in? Is that correct?

I don't think we miss out on anything...I think the only thing different is as you described. I guess the surrounding neighbourhood is different too but that's no biggie. If we do miss out on anything I can't say I've noticed. So all those new editions for android and you guys are still dealing with the slowness of placing wallpaper and tiles...sigh. It's the biggest reason I'd like a new edition/update.

jewelfang
12-06-13, 10:12 PM
Fashion Story Halloween (or whatever, you can check TL blog for them)
not google play, search the internet. google play won't allow u to get it if you haven't had it before.
but later after you get it, the page on google play will open (you also must be logged into google for it to open)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.fashionstory7 <<--that's for halloween,
and you'll be able to reinstall it from google play in case you lose it.

Searching the internet does not give me access to this version. Even if I log into google first and then use your link, it just kicks me out. I have been trying different things for a while now, I do not see how we can get it if we have not already had it.

minidemon88
12-07-13, 01:19 AM
We got one last year. I am hoping against all hope that we get one. I am thinking that the reason we got such a low key update this week is because we are getting an iOs edition. I am hoping badly that we get one.

You mean the 2011 Christmas edition one? Because I don't remember getting one last year. =x Too bad, I started fashion late and wasn't playing till last year. So the only seasonal app I got was the World Game 2012 one. :(

@AuntyRose32: I got what you mean. Because I hate placing the wallpaper in fashion and especially the floor tile one by one. It's just so slow! I like the turbo features of tapping/collecting tips, placing wallpaper and floor tile in bs and rs the most! So TL, give us a new updated version with all these great features please and release it to all platforms too. It make life so much easier for us players in fashion story. :o

As for the difference between ios and android player, one thing I'm 101% sure was we are missing the 6 gems download goals. *sigh* :(

inkedgemini84
12-07-13, 07:06 PM
☆Type the following into your search engine and it should pop up: brothersgames download fashion story Halloween (or fashion story Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc...) different platforms will have different versions for example android users can't get Valentine's day... hope this helps some of u guys! #^_^#☆

jojopeanut
12-24-13, 05:08 PM
Ios users didn't miss anythiiing outside shop same look as before etc. I don't know why they waist programing time on a new app. Usually it's for goals but we didn't get any goals either. Besides that my brand new device HATES!! the new Android app out of sync constantly & internet connection errors. I use the original app works perfect.