PDA

View Full Version : Game word filter

MeisterLampee
12-03-13, 06:55 AM
Hello firemocca,

Let me please quote an answer of this thread here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?62294-Inappropriate-messages-Annoying).

Please note that discussing the in game word filter is not forum appropriate. If you feel something is being caught in in when it shouldn't, you can email support@firemocha.com and let them know.
Because the thread was closed I had to open a new one.

And I would like to say that I find it highly forum appropriate to discuss the game word filter! The forum is here to provide 1st hand feedback to the dev team. And one of the most annoying things in this nice game is this game word filter. In my opinion, applied like it is now it is USELESS! I could tell you about 10 famous naughty words, that can be written without restrictions. And all the other words that have been restricted can be written in an other way so they still can be recognized.

It is totally annoying if you want to type a normal thing like: "Lv. 10: 6M" and the filter blocks it. Even more annoying when you write long sentences and you than have to guess what was the inappropriate word. It makes me really angry and happens every day about 10 times, without really writing something inappropriate.

So, please switch it off, since it is useless or at least tell us what the "inappropriate word" was.

FM, it is time for reaction about this filter (and not time to close the thread, what I personally found rude, since he made good examples).

Hoping for a good reaction,

MeisterLampee

MeisterLampee
12-03-13, 07:09 AM
Again! :mad:

I wanted to write: "Wow... the old troop almost complete!"

aypeerez
12-03-13, 05:07 PM
I used the word pals and it is inappropriate - try it and see - friends is ok. Am I missing some horrible meaning for this word????

kooky panda
12-03-13, 05:34 PM
Please do not start up threads when a previous one was closed.

In the future if you would like to discuss a closed thread, please file a forum dispute. (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes)

The forum cannot help with the in game word filter. You will need to contact support to report words caught in the filter.
The reason discussing the filter is NOT forum appropriate is the discussion can lead to members posting and discussing inappropriate words and discussing ways around the in game filter.