PDA

View Full Version : Managing inventory

ginourmous
12-02-13, 09:45 PM
Would be nice if there was a little number on each of the items so you know how many you have without going to the inventory and scrolling for an hr to find it. Let say you want to make a earth whisp it tells you how many coals you have and how many are required. But on the right where the earth whisp image is there should be a little number that tells you you have 15 already. Would be usefull to build inventory without having to go in the inventory section and scroll for ever. My inventory doesnt really divide the items very well so it is always a waste of time to look in there. Thanks

Chaotarch
12-09-13, 09:29 AM
I take the thread for an other "wish":
Put the seasonals into an extra page, also the unique items ( like all the badges, key of doors, etc ), and all the items from neighbor-requests that send after finish, too.
That would be nice, and dont rubbish my inventory.
Or delete all "late answers" of requests if they send after finished the goal. Or do i need cherry blossoms and spooky deadwood again? - for example.

JustKay
12-17-13, 12:05 AM
Yeah I was thinking the same thing with the numbers, but for crops in planting farms. I always have to check how many Wheat\Cane i have before planting to make sure I don't over plant. It would be useful to have the number of crop items in your inventory in the bottom corner of the icon so you know exactly how many to plant, without having to go into your inventory. This is very annoying since unlike the workshops, the crop icon is not greyed out if you've hit your inventory limit (another suggestion worth implementing).

JustKay
12-17-13, 12:06 AM
Regarding useless inventory items, maybe you can let people sell these items for maybe 10 gold coins? This will let them clean up their inventory and the items don't go to total waste.

Bexx85
01-16-14, 01:29 AM
I totally agree. There are 51 pages (or about 150 items) in my "Materials" section and none on the ones named "Consumable" and "Special". The food related stuff including all crops should be in the "Consumable" section and as mentioned before all seasonal and unique items in the "Special" section. I think it would be a great improvement to the gameplay if the game's existing features would be properly used.

ciarjen
01-16-14, 03:53 AM
It would be really nice here if we could have some response from TL as to whether they have any plans on making improvements to the inventory.

With the recent quests it's become clear how important it is to have large stocks of items but I have no idea what I have of anything. There's no order to the inventory and the different sections don't really help to find things and it takes ages to scroll through with so many items.

The only way I can keep track of what I have is to take pen to paper and write it down which is a really silly thing to have to do with a game which is designed to be played on a touch device.

Even dragon story has all stored items on one page which is easy to view. I am sure there is plenty that could be done to make this more user friendly for people playing and help improve the game. Thanks

Rin2010
02-01-14, 01:50 PM
Or maybe a simple search feature in the inventory to let you search by keyword like wisp an it takes you right to the item. Create a new tab in the inventory pop up an under the tab just have a search box. It would return the item you searched for. :o

TinksThots
02-01-14, 02:45 PM
Yeah, TL... You made the tabs, why don't you use them?! And I've suggested before to add a little floaty number to the floaty words showing how many of something you've got...

1 Sugar cane

becomes

1 Sugar cane (36)

And little numbers in the 'what to plant' menu... So many ways to make the game... just... better. And yet... *tumbleweeds*

starbows
02-05-14, 12:23 PM
My 5 cents to inventory ... Yes, please put all the food into the "consumable" tab. Or, better yet, rename the tabs according to the origin of the items (like "kitchen", "workshop") and make the items appear in those tabs.

Also, it would be great if we could gift items from our inventory - I have mine stuffed with leftovers from quests, and other people might need it, like the reindeer, faeriebulb seeds, or polarian lichen.

bestmenolly
02-17-14, 07:22 PM
At some point last year Dragon Story had its inventory like Castle story has it now, and then you changed it to fill up the screen, making it much easier to see what was in storage. Please change the inventory to be a full screen, not 3 items at a time, and make use of the tabbed categories. currently it takes too long to see what you have.
Thanks.

LadyLolepere
03-02-14, 12:49 PM
It would be nice to have the items shown together and in alphabetical order. Like all the vegetables together, all of the flower petals together, etc...

tollerach
03-02-14, 02:52 PM
I agree with this suggestion. I look through my inventory quite a bit. Its sorted by last time you collected the item, which doesn't help often for rare items and things you've maxed out. Right now my materials section has 48 pages!

In the meantime, how about just ALPHABETIZING the list. This would be a pretty simple change that would at least give us an idea where out item was in the list. From what I know about programming this could be an easy change that would go a long way. And a good start.

I also like the idea about having better categories. Off the top of my head some good ones are:
Crops
Crafted materials
Mine materials
Sawmill materials
Hatchery/Stable materials
Quest specific
etc. etc.

This could also be applied to the market. Some reorganization could really help there. I'm probably only going to buy a max of 20 flower patches ever, but I tend to buy sap trees every few days. And each time I'm scrolling past low level plants that I'll probably never buy again.

These are just some ideas. I really do appreciate alll the work you guys put into this game. It's very fun, and I only notice these things, because I enjoy playing it so often. So I these ideas are just a way to improve something that's a great program.

molly10378
03-14-14, 04:09 PM
Would be nice if there was a little number on each of the items so you know how many you have without going to the inventory and scrolling for an hr to find it. Let say you want to make a earth whisp it tells you how many coals you have and how many are required. But on the right where the earth whisp image is there should be a little number that tells you you have 15 already. Would be usefull to build inventory without having to go in the inventory section and scroll for ever. My inventory doesnt really divide the items very well so it is always a waste of time to look in there. Thanks

I second this. I wouldnt mind having to flip through the inventory so much to check for random items (I finally figured out that the most recent items collected show up first, so when I collect items that are commonly used I generally check the inventory to see how many I have) if I knew how many of one thing I had before I start crafting/planting that one thing.

emmalea86
04-08-14, 01:12 AM
I second, third and fourth all of these suggestions. I've been playing for quite a while, and there are soooooooooo many useless items in my inventory. More relevant categories (better still, categories that actually do something!) would help, as would having more than 3 items per screen, and a simple search function. Any or all 3 would be a massive time saver!

lykkeliise
06-27-14, 10:27 AM
Hi :) It would be really awesome if we could delete things from inventory.
Like when you pick mushrooms to get glimmer dust, if you have 99 mushrooms in you're inventory, you can't get glimmer dust from the mushrooms until you've used your mushrooms for something (which is allot if work together rid of)
Please pretty please with a cherry on top, can you make this happen? :)) <3

Mademoiselle_M
06-27-14, 03:51 PM
Yes, why are the inventory sections not working?!! Why aren't all the foods i made in "Consumables" and all the weapons, etc under "Special" ? its all empty :-(

doobievilla2
06-27-14, 04:32 PM
Hi :) It would be really awesome if we could delete things from inventory.
Like when you pick mushrooms to get glimmer dust, if you have 99 mushrooms in you're inventory, you can't get glimmer dust from the mushrooms until you've used your mushrooms for something (which is allot if work together rid of)
Please pretty please with a cherry on top, can you make this happen? :)) <3
You can still get Glimmerdust if you are maxed on shrooms.

fleurmohun
07-14-14, 10:43 PM
P lease, pretty please do something about the inventory list. It's becoming a headache to sift through. Also, a tally of various items within the crafting buildings would make things less tedious. Just a tiny number in the corner... To help keep track of how low we are getting in various items. Any response from TL would be nice. Some of us are willing to wait, considering this May not be priority compared to quests and story updates. Keep us in the loop!

supersecretawesome
08-23-14, 06:32 AM
I know this thread hasn't been updated in months but this inventory thing with the empty tabs of consumables and special really really really annoys me. There's far too many things to search through on the materials page and a lot of the stuff on the materials page (badges, weapons etc) we do not need to search for on a day to day basis which is what I think the materials page should be for.

tentalen
08-26-14, 06:08 AM
Regarding useless inventory items, maybe you can let people sell these items for maybe 10 gold coins? This will let them clean up their inventory and the items don't go to total waste.

Programming wise that would be the easiest TL? What do you think Wizard designers of the game?

Moover
08-30-14, 05:04 PM
I agree to all comments; improve the handling of inventories and show how many I have when planting and when choosing what to make in the workshop/potion shop/kitchen. It would help a lot.

missmeow21
06-20-17, 06:31 AM
Please dev team. Please notice the amount of requests through this suggestions forum for using all the tabs in inventory