PDA

View Full Version : No Bakery Story Christmas for Android Users??

shammsjag
12-02-13, 02:42 PM
I caught the tail end of a discussion on a neighbor's wall, where one person was saying he had heard that TeamLava was not releasing a Christmas Edition of Bakery Story to Android Users (but that iOS users would get one)?? Is this true? And if it is true, why?

igames4me
12-02-13, 02:46 PM
it could be false rumors..recently only android has being getting new seasonal editions.. so it could be fair to have a new version for ios

but new edition or not both android and ios will get the decor/ goals/ that will be released

lilkeeks
12-02-13, 02:47 PM
I'm an Android user and I wouldn't mind this....iOS users don't get new versions as often as they once did because of new Apple regulations. There was a time when it was backwards and iOS got new versions quite frequently and Android users were left in the dark; now that the shoe is on the other foot, I don't feel its right to be upset over something that once upset me. Besides, what do the new versions of BS really bring to us besides the outside area changing.

I do wish we would have the Christmas version of the BS song like we did last year.

nky1111
12-02-13, 02:56 PM
they bring xmas recipes for more than a week... remember all xmas stuff goes bye bye IN A WEEK if theres no special edition

kooky panda
12-02-13, 03:05 PM
Guys I believe this was probably just game rumors. No information has been released on Christmas versions yet.

Also to clarify, IOS getting holiday versions is not against any apple restrictions.
Most of the seasonal versions have been released to androids this year, but some the the IOS games have gotten seasonal versions this year.

irlanda_c
12-02-13, 07:56 PM
Are we having an update this week?

Guys I believe this was probably just game rumors. No information has been released on Christmas versions yet.

Also to clarify, IOS getting holiday versions is not against any apple restrictions.
Most of the seasonal versions have been released to androids this year, but some the the IOS games have gotten seasonal versions this year.

nightshine7
12-03-13, 03:26 PM
Don't feel bad...can't upload Christmas version 1.6.8 on my iphone...

gabbysmom87
12-03-13, 10:13 PM
May I ask.. What's the point of these holiday versions? I mean we can get the content either way if there isn't an edition released for our devices. I know before the xmas, Halloween, etc would dress up the bots but this current Halloween showed they're not doing that anymore. I just want to know what I'm missing.

cortnylyn
12-04-13, 08:12 AM
Kindle never had this last yr so no biggie I suppose..I wish they were able to release to all or not at all and just keep the holiday goals for everyone with cute items of course :) ALSO on Kindle cant anyone from TL change Stormies Store to more Christmas instead of Halloween..lol..

ashrb
12-04-13, 12:06 PM
I would assume android users will see some form of a Christmas/winter edition because yesterday I had a goal to download fashion story winter edition for 6 gems.

Stueeeee
12-07-13, 03:51 AM
I also loved the Christmas music last year but when I download Christmas version it won't work. They burnt us last year by giving andriod it at beginning of December and iOS a few days before Christmas. That coupled together with barely updating the app with much requested features this year, and I don't think too many people will be botherd about bakery this year. Hay Day has already updated their app with festive stuff!

vozier
12-22-13, 04:52 PM
I have this goal, and the jewel mania goal, but entering playstore just doesnt install the game, it never downloads nor installs, just show the progress bar without progress.
I managed to download and install jewel mania, but had to do it in my PC and then trasnfer it to my tablet, cannot find a place to download bakery st christmas.

ElaineCarrel
12-22-13, 07:57 PM
I believe the last seasonal version iOS players received was Halloween last year, 2012. Within it was Christmas and Valentines Day. However when Apple introduced its new operating systems(?) this Fall we got messages that we needed to delete them and go back to the original Bakery Story which meant we lost the ability to buy and create anymore seasonal appliances. I get upset when Android players start complaining about (for example) not having a newer Halloween version when they still have access 2 their last one.
I believe TL should level the playing field and make their past versions inaccessible also, but that's just my opinion.
Well then please excuse me for writing what I wrote. I DIDN'T expect to be attacked for making an observation on my part. I would never switch over to an Android since I enjoy my iPad and iPhone too much.

OnCloudDivine
12-22-13, 09:36 PM
I believe TL should level the playing field...

Funny, Android users want TL to level the playing field, too! We want to be able to buy tiles and wallpapers that are no longer available, simply by continuing to tap! We want the flawless loading of a neighbor's bakery and incredibly fast tipping feature (we have a loading bar to both leave and collect each and every tip!)! We want our weekly update the same time as Apple users! Besides all this, iOS has nearly a dozen more TL games that Android doesnt have..don't even get me started on Dragon Story parity....

However, if you think it so unfair, feel free to transfer to Android...we have like 5 ovens available that were once available to everyone that was playing at that time. More ovens will come, you will receive new content, parity will continue. These are not my opinions, these are truths :rolleyes:

ashrb
12-23-13, 07:32 PM
Funny, Android users want TL to level the playing field, too! We want to be able to buy tiles and wallpapers that are no longer available, simply by continuing to tap! We want the flawless loading of a neighbor's bakery and incredibly fast tipping feature (we have a loading bar to both leave and collect each and every tip!)! We want our weekly update the same time as Apple users! Besides all this, iOS has nearly a dozen more TL games that Android doesnt have..don't even get me started on Dragon Story parity....

However, if you think it so unfair, feel free to transfer to Android...we have like 5 ovens available that were once available to everyone that was playing at that time. More ovens will come, you will receive new content, parity will continue. These are not my opinions, these are truths :rolleyes:

I came from ios to android several months ago and let me just say it took some getting used to with bakery story. The app is nowhere as smooth as the ios version, I miss the being able to buy more tiles/wallpaper that are no longer available simply by tapping elsewhere, collecting tips is very tedious, and android certainly isn't offered all of TL's games. It makes me laugh when I see an ios user complain about how unfair it is for android users to get new versions of the game (even though all of our versions look the same). Amen to everything you said.

ashrb
12-23-13, 07:35 PM
I believe the last seasonal version iOS players received was Halloween last year, 2012. Within it was Christmas and Valentines Day. However when Apple introduced its new operating systems(?) this Fall we got messages that we needed to delete them and go back to the original Bakery Story which meant we lost the ability to buy and create anymore seasonal appliances. I get upset when Android players start complaining about (for example) not having a newer Halloween version when they still have access 2 their last one.
I believe TL should level the playing field and make their past versions inaccessible also, but that's just my opinion.

All I have to say is ios users got the good end of the stick for the past few YEARS. You can blame Apple for not allowing you to access past versions of your apps, not TL.

ElaineCarrel
12-23-13, 08:10 PM
It's everybody's choice as 2 what they decide 2 play w, but when I came back 2 the forums 2night I did not expect 2 find my statement (which is essentially me) being attacked by android users. The last time I checked this forum was open 2 all operating systems that supported Bakery Story.
I will standby my statements because I believe ,at least 4 the time being, android users have the upper hand as far as what's available version wise. I would love 4 TL 2 come out w a new version 4 iOS 2 have access 2 since we're dealing w a version that was around when I started July 2012 and the same is true 4 RS.
So if all of u android users are tired of not having access 2 "everything" iOS users have then come join us and see how living "on the other side of the tracks" feels.
These ARE my OPINIONS w some of the truths mixed in where applicable.

Snowlotus04
12-23-13, 08:32 PM
Hey, we can't always get what we want, and nothing is ever fair to begin with. We shouldn't be arguing with the things that aren't there and focus on what we have right now in front of us (as well as reality). Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, there's nothing wrong with that. If you want others to respect your opinion, respect what others have to say too. It's a give and take. Anyways, let's not waste time and focus on the holidays!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYBODY!!! Stay happy and healthy :)

ElaineCarrel
12-23-13, 08:54 PM
Hey, we can't always get what we want, and nothing is ever fair to begin with. We shouldn't be arguing with the things that aren't there and focus on what we have right now in front of us (as well as reality). Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, there's nothing wrong with that. If you want others to respect your opinion, respect what others have to say too. It's a give and take. Anyways, let's not waste time and focus on the holidays!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYBODY!!! Stay happy and healthy :)
Couldn't have put it better.
Thank you. :)

OnCloudDivine
12-23-13, 09:54 PM
I did not expect 2 find my statement (which is essentially me) being attacked by android users...
So if all of u android users are tired of not having access 2 "everything" iOS users have then come join us and see how living "on the other side of the tracks" feels...

Dearest ElaineCarrel, it was not anyone's intentions in the least to attack you personally or your statements; you have my apologies for taking it as such. However, I was agreeing with you! I would love nothing more than parity to be done away with entirely--my focus was on how much Apple users have going for them and their incredible devices! You guys get a lot of perks all the way around; my wish was for you to understand there are things, despite the fact we get seasonal versions, that Android is lacking in that iOS users may take for granted on a day to day basis (those of which I mentioned).

I've been "on the other side of the tracks" with my iPhone 4s, which gave me the experience to talk about the differences between gameplay on each device; I was bombarded with goals for games I had never even heard of before! I received more gems from those games than I would ever have been able to cook myself in that brief amount of time! All this evens itself out between devices, you guys get some fun and different games to play, and we get a seasonal version that may or may not have anything particularly special in it. I actually think Android gets pacified with different versions, because we don't have all these other things that iOS gets. In the end, I didn't want my iPhone having come from Android, due to more user personalization options for Android and the blazing 1.5 GHz processor of my Galaxy S3 out-performed the iPhone. I'm very glad you enjoy your devices, however! To each their own :) Unfortunately, not everyone has the option to join the Apple community, as their devices are not always affordable. So, as you invite us to your side, please see ours as well, that there are pages and pages of misunderstandings regarding these issues and we all must find patience and empathy with one another through them.

It is still my impression that we were having a peaceful debate, as Android and Apple users, to help each other understand more about the other. If there is still something in my comment that offends you, please let me know as I don't want any negative feelings of personal attacking left. I appreciate that you stand by your statements, because I do as well :)

ashrb
12-24-13, 10:16 AM
It's everybody's choice as 2 what they decide 2 play w, but when I came back 2 the forums 2night I did not expect 2 find my statement (which is essentially me) being attacked by android users. The last time I checked this forum was open 2 all operating systems that supported Bakery Story.
I will standby my statements because I believe ,at least 4 the time being, android users have the upper hand as far as what's available version wise. I would love 4 TL 2 come out w a new version 4 iOS 2 have access 2 since we're dealing w a version that was around when I started July 2012 and the same is true 4 RS.
So if all of u android users are tired of not having access 2 "everything" iOS users have then come join us and see how living "on the other side of the tracks" feels.

I'm sorry you felt so attacked ElaineCarrel, I did not think anyone was attacking you at all, but I'm sorry it came off that way. I would like to know why you believe android users have the upper hand? I've been "on the other side of the tracks", I just spent several years on iOS until recently, so I can very easily say android does not have the upper hand whatsoever. The whole new version debate simply comes down to the app store vs Google play store. The reason why iOS users do not consistently have holiday editions is because it's much harder to get approval with the app store than it is with the play store, so that isn't TL's fault. Also, I'm guessing the reason why you don't at least receive updates with your app is because there is nothing to update. When we have a new edition there is nothing new in the game at all, so really it is pretty pointless in the end. Sometimes we have to download the newer editions because that's the only way for us to have the weekly update, but other than that there really is no upper hand when it comes to that situation. I respect your opinions, everyone is entitled to feel how they do and no one should tell them they are wrong for that. But! I can very easily tell you that android really doesn't have the upper hand and are not treated better than anyone else. I've been on both sides of the tracks so we can't really sit here and use that excuse anymore because ios has its ups and downs as does android.

ashrb
12-24-13, 10:18 AM
Dearest ElaineCarrel, it was not anyone's intentions in the least to attack you personally or your statements; you have my apologies for taking it as such. However, I was agreeing with you! I would love nothing more than parity to be done away with entirely--my focus was on how much Apple users have going for them and their incredible devices! You guys get a lot of perks all the way around; my wish was for you to understand there are things, despite the fact we get seasonal versions, that Android is lacking in that iOS users may take for granted on a day to day basis (those of which I mentioned).

I've been "on the other side of the tracks" with my iPhone 4s, which gave me the experience to talk about the differences between gameplay on each device; I was bombarded with goals for games I had never even heard of before! I received more gems from those games than I would ever have been able to cook myself in that brief amount of time! All this evens itself out between devices, you guys get some fun and different games to play, and we get a seasonal version that may or may not have anything particularly special in it. I actually think Android gets pacified with different versions, because we don't have all these other things that iOS gets. In the end, I didn't want my iPhone having come from Android, due to more user personalization options for Android and the blazing 1.5 GHz processor of my Galaxy S3 out-performed the iPhone. I'm very glad you enjoy your devices, however! To each their own :) Unfortunately, not everyone has the option to join the Apple community, as their devices are not always affordable. So, as you invite us to your side, please see ours as well, that there are pages and pages of misunderstandings regarding these issues and we all must find patience and empathy with one another through them.

It is still my impression that we were having a peaceful debate, as Android and Apple users, to help each other understand more about the other. If there is still something in my comment that offends you, please let me know as I don't want any negative feelings of personal attacking left. I appreciate that you stand by your statements, because I do as well :)

Hi OnCloudDivine, do you not get goals on your device to download games for gems? You mentioned apple users have this, but we do as well. Just a couple days ago I had a goal for a word search game and earned about 15 gems from downloading it and playing it a few times.

OnCloudDivine
12-24-13, 01:53 PM
Hi OnCloudDivine, do you not get goals on your device to download games for gems? You mentioned apple users have this, but we do as well. Just a couple days ago I had a goal for a word search game and earned about 15 gems from downloading it and playing it a few times.

Hi ashrb! Oh yes, I do get those goals and was pleasantly surprised with both word search + jewel mania (which I'd never received on the iPhone). I was moreso emphasizing that Apple gets goals to download new games most often, whereas Android usually only gets goals in order to get a weekly update for the same old story games, like you said..but, we actually got to play new games this time--yay!

Azriemw3
12-24-13, 05:54 PM
There are bakery story christmas for android

Azriemw3
12-24-13, 05:55 PM
We have new game OnCloudDivine it jewel mania
Hi ashrb! Oh yes, I do get those goals and was pleasantly surprised with both word search + jewel mania (which I'd never received on the iPhone). I was moreso emphasizing that Apple gets goals to download new games most often, whereas Android usually only gets goals in order to get a weekly update for the same old story games, like you said..but, we actually got to play new games this time--yay!

itsbiianca
12-24-13, 10:01 PM
Did you guys know that android users are now able to get unlimited free gems? I just looked at my sisters Bakery story on her galaxy and under the gem section where you're able to buy, there's a icon at the bottom letting you download apps for 3 gems apiece. As a IOS user I find this VERY unfair.

ashrb
12-24-13, 11:25 PM
Did you guys know that android users are now able to get unlimited free gems? I just looked at my sisters Bakery story on her galaxy and under the gem section where you're able to buy, there's a icon at the bottom letting you download apps for 3 gems apiece. As a IOS user I find this VERY unfair.

I don't have that feature on my Galaxy S4. And ios users have the option to download games for gems as well....

nmishii
12-25-13, 12:11 AM

I have this but there is a free gems icon on the right hand side of the screen, and i hit that a lot when I don't want to. It allows you to download apps from google play. I downloaded an **** app and never got the gems. They had this before and I didn't get the gems the first two times, and TL support had me contact a third party to get my gems. On that app, many times you had to buy something to get the gems, so those really aren't free. Not worth it to try to get the missing gems, so this time I decided to not bother trying and I don't support the app.