PDA

View Full Version : New Update!

Norman
07-19-10, 10:08 AM
Many of you might have noticed already, but there has been a new update for Farm Story. Please see details of changes below:

- Gifting: You can now send one gift to each of your neighbor once a day.
- Neighbor Removal: You can now remove neighbors.
- Invite friends using Facebook: You can now add Facebook friends who already play Farm Story as neighbors using Facebook Connect.
- Inventory: You can now store your animals, trees, and decorations in the "Inventory".
- Avatar: You can now choose your avatar. Right now, once two choices are available (one male, one female).

As always, happy farming! :cool:

Unregistered
07-19-10, 11:17 AM
Thanks for this update... whew! Really cool additions too. Even other than the ability to delete neighbors.
THANKS!!

Kardasia
07-19-10, 02:39 PM
Many of you might have noticed already, but there has been a new update for Farm Story. Please see details of changes below:

- Invite friends using Facebook: You can now add Facebook friends who already play Farm Story as neighbors using Facebook Connect.
- Inventory: You can now store your animals, trees, and decorations in the "Inventory".
- Avatar: You can now choose your avatar. Right now, once two choices are available (one male, one female).

Thank you so very much!!!!!!!!!

victorschmictor
07-19-10, 03:15 PM
How do we get this new update? In my itunes apps it keeps telling me no updates available. Have even deleted the game and readded. Some advice would be grand. Cheers

Unregistered
07-19-10, 03:37 PM
I erased 54 bad neighbours and send gifts to the good ones:)Thank you team lava:)

Kardasia
07-19-10, 04:29 PM
How do we get this new update? In my itunes apps it keeps telling me no updates available. Have even deleted the game and readded. Some advice would be grand. Cheers

You won't see the changes on Farm Story Summer, I used the original Farm Story and saw all the changes

Hawk 8
07-19-10, 04:46 PM

You have to reinstall the original Farm Story. All the additions of Flowers, Snap, and Summer are on there along with the new update.

Unregistered
07-19-10, 06:52 PM
Ok a stupid question but how do I get my gift. I got a gift but don't know where it went?

Thanks.

Hawk 8
07-19-10, 07:06 PM
Ok a stupid question but how do I get my gift. I got a gift but don't know where it went?

Thanks.

If you have already accepted your gift, then go to your farm. Click on the tools icon (left arrows), then click the edit icon and then an inventory icon will appear in the bottom left hand corner of the screen. Click on the icon and like magic you will see your gifts.

Unregistered
07-19-10, 07:40 PM
Love the update, thanks again:-)

Unregistered
07-20-10, 02:17 AM
Hi, how do you accept your gift in the first place. My neighbour told me she sent one but I can't see it. I don't see an inventory option.

Unregistered
07-20-10, 05:43 AM
where is my inventory that you talk about

Unregistered
07-20-10, 05:45 AM
Hi, how do you accept your gift in the first place. My neighbour told me she sent one but I can't see it. I don't see an inventory option.

I cannot find it either. HELP? How do I remove neighbors?

Unregistered
07-20-10, 06:05 AM
Do you know how can ı know who erased me?If ı delete someone,ı'm disappearin from his/her list or not?

Unregistered
07-20-10, 06:52 AM
As has been mentioned before, if you are using the Farm Story Snap or Summer you will not be able to see the new features. You have to be using the original Farm Story app. This has all the recently added features, including the photo facility and the new summer additions :)

Hawk 8
07-20-10, 06:54 AM
Do you know how can ı know who erased me?If ı delete someone,ı'm disappearin from his/her list or not?

You will know someone erased you when a neighbor you had no longer shows up on your neighbor list.

Emma81UK
07-20-10, 06:58 AM
Inventory is located here:
Make sure u r on ur farm..go into Tools...Edit...and on bottom left of screen theres a new icon called Inventory.

Hope this helps :)...make sure u r running the original Farm Story app too

Emma81UK
07-20-10, 07:01 AM
This is how to delete neighbours:
Go into main menu...tap on social...Neighbours tab..then at top next to Neighbours theres a small button that says Edit...tap that and Remove buttons will appear by your neighbours. Make sure u tap the Done at top when u finished to save :)

Death Farmer
07-20-10, 08:10 AM
With the new update, my farm no longer refreshes to show I've been watered unless I go to a neighbors farm and come back, or quit to the desktop, launch the multitasking bar and force Farm Story to quit and relaunch it.

As it stands, I keep losing out on watered squares if I don't do this right before I harvest.

Unregistered
07-21-10, 02:35 AM
I re-installed the original version & accepted my gifts, then sent gifts. Unfortunately now my inventory button seems ro have disappeared!! It's not under the edit button or anywhere to be found. Please help.

Unregistered
07-21-10, 04:51 AM
I thought I had updated and it looks exactly the same as all the previous version? How do I know it is the most recent version?

Unregistered
07-21-10, 05:32 AM

Do you pay for the gifts you send?

Unregistered
07-21-10, 06:48 AM
Do you pay for the gifts you send?

I don't think we have to pay for gifts (yet). I have given gifts to all my neighbours and my coins stayed the same.
One thing that I'm not sure is if the items we have been given will disappear from our inventory in time if we decide not to use them in the farm now.

Fedora
07-21-10, 07:25 AM
I thought I had updated and it looks exactly the same as all the previous version? How do I know it is the most recent version?

You have to download the Original farm story again, that's the most recent version atm.

Hawk 8
07-21-10, 11:57 AM
I don't think we have to pay for gifts (yet). I have given gifts to all my neighbours and my coins stayed the same.
One thing that I'm not sure is if the items we have been given will disappear from our inventory in time if we decide not to use them in the farm now.

Gifts do not cost money and I do not believe they will disappear from your inventory if you do not use them. I do think there is a max number of gifts you can receive and send in a 24 hour period though.

Norman
07-21-10, 06:19 PM
where is my inventory that you talk about

The Inventory can be found by tapping on Tools and then Edit. Then on the left side of your screen you will see the Inventory icon. Tap on that to see your inventory.

Norman
07-21-10, 06:20 PM

To remove neighbors, first download our latest update, Farm Story 1.5 (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/farm-story/id367107953?mt=8).

In this application, go to Menu -> Social -> Neighbors, hit the "Edit" button, and hit "Remove" on whichever neighbors you no longer want.

Sooty
07-22-10, 11:30 PM

I thought I was fyully up to date with my farm story but I cannot send or receive gifts. what am I doing wrong?

Hawk 8
07-23-10, 05:26 AM
I thought I was fyully up to date with my farm story but I cannot send or receive gifts. what am I doing wrong?

You have to download Farm Story 1.5 which is an update to the original Farm Story

Unregistered
07-23-10, 07:52 AM
To remove neighbors, first download our latest update, Farm Story 1.5 (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/farm-story/id367107953?mt=8).

In this application, go to Menu -> Social -> Neighbors, hit the "Edit" button, and hit "Remove" on whichever neighbors you no longer want.

It would be good if the deleting neighbours option could be enhanced
to also delete those people in the community who ask you to add their
ID and then never pick up the option so it sits on your Social Page
"invite friends" forever and ever and ever. Perhaps this option could
be added in next update.

Unregistered
07-23-10, 12:37 PM
thanks for the great update!!! awesome!!!

Unregistered
07-23-10, 04:37 PM
It would be good if the deleting neighbours option could be enhanced
to also delete those people in the community who ask you to add their
ID and then never pick up the option so it sits on your Social Page
"invite friends" forever and ever and ever. Perhaps this option could
be added in next update.

I agree. It's quite annoying to have invites stay in your page the entire time. I've invited a few people who don't seem to play anymore, and it would be great if I could just cancel the invite.

Unregistered
07-23-10, 09:16 PM
hello norm i tried to re download orginal farm story i was told i could erase it n now it wonnt let redownload i dont have any new upgrade i cant give gifts or nothing what can i do pleazzzz help kimmielovesricky is my id thank u

Zygron
07-23-10, 10:04 PM
FANTASTIC that we can now delete neighbours. The only problem is that it was not very well advertised. No notification when you opened up the previous app (flowers, summer etc)
Even on the app store when you look at the latest version the delete neighbours and gift additions aren't even mentioned in the update log ... very unusual.

I spent all yesterday posting on my neighbours walls telling them to download the original "Farm Story" app to get the new options. Mainly so I can start getting some more gifts too.
I think this was a major oversight but very pleased with the update and the work you guys have put into it.
Well done.

Zygron
07-23-10, 10:23 PM
Thanks guys for the deleting neighbours and the gift system is an extra bonus.

I don't want to start another thread because I have mentioned this before when the whole deleting neighbours discussion was in full flight so I hope this gets read here.
Not complaining because being able to delete inactive neighbours goes a long way and seeing their star rating is also good but there is still no way to tell if they are watering you or not.

Not all neighbours leave a message on your wall when they water (and I can understand this as they are trying to minimise time spent watering). The news feed tries to correct this but with it only showing the last 8 or so messages it is unfortunately not much use to help with this.

It would be good if beside their star rating it tells you whether they watered you today or not or even if the news feed held as many messages as your wall (or at least the last 2-3 days worth)

As I said this is not meant to be any kind of a complaint as what you have done so far for this free game has been extraordinary. This is more of a suggestion as I'm sure this will come up, if it hasn't already. As once a neighbour is on 4 stars it's not too hard to maintain it without visiting all nieghbours.
Even if this was an addition to a paid version. I would be quite happy to pay for this service.

Thanks again for this great update and all your hard work towards it.
Excellent work.

Unregistered
07-23-10, 10:34 PM
and a Holiday button/notification too please

Unregistered
07-24-10, 10:03 AM
Great update finally was able to delete half my neighbors that probably dont play anymore
great option a gift a day
great work guys
i love it

Unregistered
07-24-10, 10:08 AM
you can see if your neighbors water on news feed
click : profile
click news feed
there u can see who waters u and who doesnt

Unregistered
07-24-10, 10:10 AM
Thanks guys for the deleting neighbours and the gift system is an extra bonus.

I don't want to start another thread because I have mentioned this before when the whole deleting neighbours discussion was in full flight so I hope this gets read here.
Not complaining because being able to delete inactive neighbours goes a long way and seeing their star rating is also good but there is still no way to tell if they are watering you or not.

Not all neighbours leave a message on your wall when they water (and I can understand this as they are trying to minimise time spent watering). The news feed tries to correct this but with it only showing the last 8 or so messages it is unfortunately not much use to help with this.

It would be good if beside their star rating it tells you whether they watered you today or not or even if the news feed held as many messages as your wall (or at least the last 2-3 days worth)

As I said this is not meant to be any kind of a complaint as what you have done so far for this free game has been extraordinary. This is more of a suggestion as I'm sure this will come up, if it hasn't already. As once a neighbour is on 4 stars it's not too hard to maintain it without visiting all nieghbours.
Even if this was an addition to a paid version. I would be quite happy to pay for this service.

Thanks again for this great update and all your hard work towards it.
Excellent work.
click news feed

Farmer Dad
07-24-10, 02:06 PM
Is is possible for the gifts option to be with all four versions for the benefit of the new folks that don't know any better?

Farmer Dad
07-24-10, 02:09 PM
FANTASTIC that we can now delete neighbours. The only problem is that it was not very well advertised. No notification when you opened up the previous app (flowers, summer etc)
Even on the app store when you look at the latest version the delete neighbours and gift additions aren't even mentioned in the update log ... very unusual.

I spent all yesterday posting on my neighbours walls telling them to download the original "Farm Story" app to get the new options. Mainly so I can start getting some more gifts too.
I think this was a major oversight but very pleased with the update and the work you guys have put into it.
Well done.

It would be great if the newest update could always include all the previous versions. Having to download the original version is not known for the new user.

Zygron
07-24-10, 09:29 PM
click news feed

yeah and as I said the news feed only shows the last 10. Add to that the fact that anyone with 4 stars for watering will also get watered by the community you are going to have no idea who is watering you unless they leave a message on your wall. An easy fix to this would be to allow the news feed to hold at least 2-3 days worth.

Unregistered
07-25-10, 05:20 AM
Fantastic update, few suggestions

* some way of telling your neighbours you are away or on holiday
* advertise the new updates so people know when, how, etc
* some kind of limited time animals or plants so all farms look more different over time?

Great for a free app, keep up good work! Love it

Unregistered
07-26-10, 04:55 AM
Love the update.

Still two things:
1. I love that you can now see how many red stars a neighbour has. This gives some indication on how active someone is. However, there are some low level neighbours that have 3 red stars and I know for a fact that some of them have not played for weeks if not months. How come?
2. It still takes too many clicks to go from one neighbour to another.

Unregistered
07-29-10, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the update and I just want to add some suggestions: what about adding new animals, like cats for instance?

how about a peach tree? banana tree? please some more new crops as well would be good.

thanks!

Unregistered
07-29-10, 11:09 PM
I can't close my New update farm story??

Unregistered
07-30-10, 07:06 AM
I get a message that says I can't send a gift because I already sent one to this person but have actually not sent one for a few days because I keep getting this message. How can I fix this? Also, do I need to keep all versions (snap, summer...) in order to play or can I just keep the original one?

Unregistered
08-01-10, 03:52 PM
You have to download the Original farm story again, that's the most recent version atm.

I have the newest version downloaded and just in case I didn't I tried to download once again but it won't let me because it says I need no updates. That being said, I cannot figure out how to give my neighbors gifts. Any help would be appreciated

Unregistered
08-01-10, 04:06 PM

Don't have any of these updates and it won't let me download. Says I have newest version

Death Farmer
08-01-10, 05:17 PM
Don't have any of these updates and it won't let me download. Says I have newest version

Don't check for updates. Go to the App Store and download the original, plain Farm Story there.

Fedora
08-07-10, 03:13 PM
I have the newest version downloaded and just in case I didn't I tried to download once again but it won't let me because it says I need no updates. That being said, I cannot figure out how to give my neighbors gifts. Any help would be appreciated

There should be a gift-button (symbol) when you're visiting an neighbor on his/her farm. Another option is to use your list of neighbors - there should be a "gift"-button (word) as well next to the "visit"-button.
If you can find neither of these I bet you're using a wrong version of the game.