PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for mastering catalogues

kattigra11
11-30-13, 11:09 AM
I have been playing this game for two years and I still struggle to master my catalogues before TL removes them. If you are good in mastering catalogues could you share with me your s****s? Thanks and I promise I will try any ideas you might have.

nky1111
11-30-13, 04:07 PM
use only the latest catalogues and grab the gems in ascending order by time? but i'm too lazy to follow these) and also it isn't very profitable

kattigra11
12-01-13, 01:21 AM
I always try to complete the catalogue with the longest time because it gives me more money but you kind feel that it takes long to get gems. I still have catalogues that I haven't even touched that is how much I struggle to keep up.

nky1111
12-01-13, 05:20 AM
no they don't. generally the longer the time - the less income per hour.
the income depends on level, as many of the temporary catalogues are low level it means low income (and strange looking shop xDD)

amerirish
12-02-13, 02:13 PM
I "power order" (just what I call it)....I have additional slots so it's quicker, but I order the same thing in all slots over and over until it's mastered. I also time my game so that I have something on order practically every minute of the day. Right now, I have 33 slots all making the Petite Purse from the Rainy Days catalog.

Gypsy_Cat
12-02-13, 02:15 PM
I "power order" (just what I call it)....I have additional slots so it's quicker, but I order the same thing in all slots over and over until it's mastered. I also time my game so that I have something on order practically every minute of the day. Right now, I have 33 slots all making the Petite Purse from the Rainy Days catalog.

I posted this using my iPhone name; this is true, but it's on my Kindle Fire therefore this ID. Sorry. My phone shop is still pretty new & small.

irlanda_c
12-02-13, 09:05 PM
To get to level 4 in the 4 items of a catalog right? What happens when they move the seasonal ones?We must have all the 4s to keep it?or just with one 4. Sorry english is not my first language...I hope you can understand me

I posted this using my iPhone name; this is true, but it's on my Kindle Fire therefore this ID. Sorry. My phone shop is still pretty new & small.

nky1111
12-03-13, 12:15 AM
they don't keep them any more, no matter what you do. they disappear (or attached to a special edition if you have one)
so you can just leave the second gems of long-time items alone.

kattigra11
12-03-13, 05:27 AM

Additional slots is a good idea but they cost so much gems. I have two extra slots which I purchased by accident but when I try to order the same thing again until it masters the shop gets empty.

sapphirecross
12-03-13, 10:02 PM
Mathematically, mastering all catalogs is impossible. With 22 slots, ordering the same thing in all slots, takes over three weeks to master the one day catalogs. The 16 or more hour mark can be just as bad, depending when you log in. New catalog every week - so with one long order time catalog every month, there's just no way.

I mastered the Halloween stuff, am almost done with native and have all obvious ones from this year done. My shop is usually half full cuz I don't want one item on ten racks. I did that for a while and it's okay, but just not how I want my shop. It's all a trade off, what you want your shop to look like, unless you're willing to buy at least 10 extra slots. If there was a list of what was getting removed, that would be one thing, but since no one really knows, it's possible to miss them all.

What you can do is master stuff til you get the first gem then move to the next, or only master shorter time stuff unless you really like a longer time outfit. However, basically a trade off, gotta decide what to pick cuz not possible to get them all.

sapphirecross
12-03-13, 10:08 PM
That should say - possible to miss some not all, lol. Some are obviously going to be pulled. :)

Far as extra slots - I have 5 extra. I don't regret buying them, but it's not that big of a difference with even 5 extra slots. I think it would be worth buying them if they were cheaper, like 25 gems each.

lelaina752
12-04-13, 05:56 AM
I would buy more slots if they were cheaper. All of my extra slots were purchased accidentally. I have a ton of catalogs to attempt to master, but I would rather save my gems for displays. However, if the slots were cheaper, I would definitely consider purchasing more.

kattigra11
12-04-13, 07:54 AM
That is why I have a problem with the weekly catalogue updates. I love having new updates weekly but I don't agree that they should bring out new catalogues updates every week. What is the point having all these catalogues when you are unable to master? To get extra slots at the price that it is, is not an option. In the beginning the slots were 24 gems but even then I would only get it by accident.

PinkPixiShop
12-04-13, 08:00 AM
It took me a while to even realize we were supposed to "master" catalogs. When I was new at the game, I would just order stuff and fill the racks and that was that. Wash, rinse, repeat. When I finally got the gist of the game, I took to creating a spreadsheet to determine the most coins, xp, profit and finally time to either a) stock with high profit items, b) stock with high quantity so I didn't have to keep ordering same thing and c) stock with highest xp points so I could quickly level up. I discovered that I could group and "protect" racks with other racks around them that had high quantity and then I would focus on ordering and filling internal racks with more. Then I would rotate them as needed to keep all racks full. It has worked well for me. When racks were comfortably filled, I began filling all ordering slots with lowest time items first like the business outfit for one minute. I did each item in that catalog till I mastered the whole thing. Then I moved to the 15 min, 30 min, and finally 1 hour items and did the same. That was a nice way to not only stock the racks but a fast way to collect a bunch of gems. Now that I am comfortable with what is happening and I don't have to worry about empty racks, I stay focused on a handful of catalogs and even then, I only focus on a select few items to continually order. That way I can level up in the mastering category. As it stands, I've managed to get most (not all by any means) of the items up to level 2 and many to level 3. The trick for me is not to be tempted to order new items as I level up (unless they are adorable outfits that might be seasonal and therefore pulled) and stick to the same old same old until the catalog, at minimum, hits level 2 so I can get the gems.

As far as buying slots? I've not done that as of yet. Based on my success thus far, I will continue to do the same and save 49 (ouch!) gems for lots of cute stuff for the shop instead. :D But that might change as I grow weak and need to buy the new stuff as I level up. LOL It is so hard to resist temptation!

Good luck with your quest and remember to have fun with it in the process. Cheers!

kattigra11
12-04-13, 09:27 AM
I am trying to master seasonal staff first but the problem is we don't know which catalogue TL will remove. We know for definitely TL is removing the seasonal staff but what about the one that is not seasonal and TL removes them anyway? I think TL should have a some form of warning on the catalogues they intend to remove. PinkPixiShop thanks for the advice but It is such shame that I am on the level 99 and I am still facing this problem. I hope I am not the only one.

nky1111
12-04-13, 09:32 AM
What is the point having all these catalogues when you are unable to master?

i'd say what's the point in the game when you run out of free gems)))))