PDA

View Full Version : To those who have bought extra oven slots...

jc32079
11-30-13, 07:33 AM
Was it worth the 49 gems needed to get them?

I'm considering buying some oven slots after picking up some gems in yesterday's sale. I wanted to first get some feedback from others who have extra slots. How do they help your game play? What made you decide to buy? If you had the chance to do it over, would you still buy them?

Thanks in advance!

Hanakimi87
11-30-13, 07:52 AM
I bought one in a gem trap. I don't use it because I don't want to fall into another one.

What is it that you're looking for? More coins? Higher XP?

igames4me
11-30-13, 07:56 AM
I'll never buy one.... You don't need it
(FYI the were 24gems before)

Hanakimi87
11-30-13, 08:09 AM
^ I concur. Unless you're after the elusive level 100 and you're planning on buying another 50 to solely bake red velvet cake to get there, I don't see what the benefit is.

josey12
11-30-13, 08:25 AM
I have every recipe on every oven mastered and make plenty of food and money without having an extra oven, I don't think it's worth the gems.

happyheartfla
11-30-13, 04:47 PM
I play both BS and RS. In one I bought extra, but in the other I did not. I really haven't noticed much difference between the two. I think I did it for one of the challenges, before I realized I could store my appliances to buy the new ones. If you're early in the game, it could help with producing enough food, but at that point you really can't afford the extra slots.:p. I might do it again, but so far haven't felt it was worth the cost.

LucyMarieG
11-30-13, 10:20 PM
I bought extra slots, but mostly its for aesthetic reasons (I like symmetry in my layouts) or because I want to be able to have multiple units of different appliances.

I don't think you need them, but as long as you utilize them, they aren't a waste.

creolepraline
11-30-13, 11:48 PM
I bought mines back when they were 24 gems. Once upon a time there was a bug where, if you put your oven in storage it remained locked and you couldn't take it out. I can't recall how many times as a newbie player I had to buy extra slots to get my oven out. You'd have to wait until you reached a certain level to get it out again too. Oh how I wish I'd known you could email support back then. Would have saved me money.

Anyhoos, at the price it's at now it's not worth buying extra. Unless you're the winner of one of those non existent 5000 gem contests. I got one in RS at the cost because they were there and I had nothing to buy, so I got one to make something more even.

I think I have about 28 ovens now. So helpful than the normal 18!

Stueeeee
12-02-13, 03:29 AM
I bought more back when they were 24 gems, and I didn't know the level cap was 99. (It was much harder to hit then) and the reason I did it was because I wanted to level up quicker so I thought more food on = more XP!
Now I couldn't care less. The slots are too high in price and level cap is impossible.

nicxole
12-03-13, 07:52 PM
I personally don't think its worth it. I'm at level 99 and the food piles up soooo much with 18 ovens theres no point in having more

nmishii
12-03-13, 08:09 PM
Same as nicxole.

I had over 4 million plates of food once using 18 ovens and only mastering new recipes. The rest of the time the ovens just sat there because I didn't want more food. They release a lot less food now so I don't have as much as a problem anymore.

jc32079
12-04-13, 03:32 AM
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I think I'll stick with my 18 ovens for now. I really appreciate all the insights :-)

nicxole
12-05-13, 03:30 PM
No problems, spend your gems on cute decorations instead!

bobbyrae
12-05-13, 04:20 PM
I bought more appliance slots in Restaurant but not in bakery. I have the same challenge in bakery as others do, TOO MUCH FOOD!!! So i would never buy more appliance slots.