PDA

View Full Version : Glitch with Premium Habitat Upgrade Sale

doop01
11-30-13, 01:59 AM
I just saw the sale of half price gold habitats and upgraded three of them, should have charged 250 gold each but I was charged 500 gold. I'm not the only one either. It also just happened to one of my neighbours. :mad:

jaesha
11-30-13, 02:35 AM
I logged into the game and received a pop up that premium habitats we're on sale for 50% off. I went to the market and saw the sale tags and coin price for 250 in red. I selected 3 different upgrades and at least one, the last one took 500 gold instead of 250. I selected an upgrade from the red, yellow and green habitats. The confirmation pop up said it would cost 250. I selected the upgrade bottom from that window, the window closed and then saw the 500 gold floating away. I looked at my gold and it didn't add up. There had been too much taken.

I wasn't paying attention to the first two so it may have happened on more than one purchase, but I'm absolutely certain on the last one as I saw the incorrect amount of gold taken away. All three displayed the confirm purchase pop up that said 250 so I selected upgrade. I didn't expect for more than the 250 shown to be deducted.

I wanted to upgrade a blue one, but now I'm afraid to be charged 500 gold. It's only a two day sale.
Hopefully the TL staff are monitoring the game complaints and can respond quickly to these issues so we can take advantage of the lower prices. Why release sales knowing that the game is buggy and not offer help during the sale or event. This sale probably should have been released on Monday.

jaesha
11-30-13, 02:36 AM
Sorry Mods that I made a separate thread, I didn't see this one when I started mine.

JustKay
11-30-13, 05:05 AM
Yes, I got the same problem when I bought an Air habitat. It's taking 500 gold when the pop-up price says 250. Not sure if it's only the Air habitat since I just bought that one. I sent a support email but i doubt they will fix it in time for me to buy another habitat.

JustKay
11-30-13, 05:06 AM
Happened to me too. Air habitats are affected and I can't risk not having enough gold for the Steampunk dragon

kmkuehl
11-30-13, 06:59 AM
I also got charged 500 gold for upgrading a habitat!

camelot7
11-30-13, 08:25 AM
I too got charged 500 for the upgrade

mrbdfilm
11-30-13, 10:03 AM
I got charged 500 to upgrade to the raging rocks

ubmike
11-30-13, 12:12 PM
Has this been fixed? I'd like to take advantage of this sale but don't want to risk the price

kooky panda
11-30-13, 12:18 PM
Merging both threads together.

I will report this over.

doop01
11-30-13, 12:41 PM
I bought the green, yellow and blue and I'm sure I was charged 500 for each of them. At least one was charged at the correct price of 250 gold for someone that I know, but I'm not sure which one it was that they got for that price. I have already emailed as well and have a ticket but they say that they are experiencing a high volume of emails at the moment so I'm sure that we won't get our gold back while these sales are taking place :(

Thanks for reporting this Kooky :)

cquinn32
11-30-13, 01:41 PM
This has happened to me as well.

creolepraline
11-30-13, 01:58 PM
For a neighbor and I it's the red habitats this happened with. But it seems it varies. I tried to upgrade a purple one on another account. I have 258 gold there but it's telling me I need to buy more gold. Snort! As if! If I lose my steampunk dragon because of this, with 19 parts left and 500 gold stolen ill burst a vessel.

And naturally the summons ends Monday and I doubt they will respond in time. I'm posting this here with the hopes that if I'm short I will be allowed to email them again to have them take the gold and give me my dragon. IF I don't harvest these last few parts myself.

doop01
11-30-13, 05:06 PM
By the way, this is only happening when you buy it with an upgrade. When buying the habitats straight from the market, it charges only the 250 gold.

jaesha
12-01-13, 10:58 AM
Okay so kinda weird, some of my lost gold has mysteriously reappeared this morning with no response from TL via email. No complaints just thought it was odd as there was nothing posted here or via email about a resolution. Mods can you check to see if this issue has been resolved. Maybe they fixed it, but haven't had time to respond to us yet? I'd like to continue as planned with the purchase of the other habitat but I'm afraid I'll lose gold again.

Thanks! :)

kooky panda
12-01-13, 11:46 AM
TL has issued a fix a (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?62244-Fixed-Purchase-issues-during-50-Off-Premium-Habitats-Sale&p=794612&viewfull=1#post794612)nd credited back gold!!

http://i.imgur.com/a1DXJpT.png

Some players may have been charged full price when upgrading their existing habitats to premium habitats during the 50% off sale.

We pushed a fix to correct future purchases so they receive the 50% off discount. Also, we have credited the difference in Gold back to players that didn't receive the 50% discount when they upgraded their habitats. You may need to restart the game for the changes to be reflected.

Thank you everyone for letting us know about this issue we can investigate and fix it for everyone!