View Full Version : Thanksgiving Sweepstakes

Pages : [1] 2

DaojinWildfire
11-29-13, 03:22 AM
http://i.imgur.com/PT4AbnBl.png

RULES:
Starts: Friday, November 29th 12:00am PST
Ends: TUESDAY, December 3rd 12:00am PST

Must be 18 years of age or older to be eligible to win.
For details, see Official Rules at: http://www.storm8.com/rules/castlestory

Update: Pasted the incorrect End time from another sweepstakes. Edited the end time to match the official rules.
Update: Purchases will not add more chances to win.

JayUK69
11-29-13, 03:26 AM
Caravan Sweepstakes 1

Load Water into the Caravan x 80
Load Eggs into the Caravan x 80
Load Milk into the Caravan x 80
Load White Petals into the Caravan x 50
Load Orange Petals into the Caravan x 50
Load Corn into the Caravan x 50
Load Tomatoes into the Caravan x 50

Reward 25,000 Coins 10xp

Caravan Sweepstakes 2

Load Mushrooms into the Caravan x 120
Load Blue Petals into the Caravan x 120
Load Strawberries into the Caravan x 90
Load Hot Peppers into the Caravan x 50
Load Bacon into the Caravan x 60
Load Hide into the Caravan x 60
Load Roast Chickens into the Caravan x 60
Load Living Wood into the Caravan x 60

Reward 60,000 coins 25xp

Seems like this caravan sweepstake and the expansions are just a way of clearing out everyones inventory.

berrigan17
11-29-13, 03:43 AM
From looking at the T&Cs albeit quickly it looks as if it is is only open to US residents so I'm going to forget about it now as I'm not eligible and I guess many others aren't either.

ashanthya
11-29-13, 03:45 AM
And you notice that it's for a chance to be one of 10 players to get the gems. Now, if you got, say, 100 gems for completing the 3rd caravan as a reward, I'd be interested. Or even a new object, like a building or a limited animal. But I don't need the coins, thanks.

berrigan17
11-29-13, 03:50 AM
Yep. It's back to egg and dairy exchanges for me. No more wasting of precious inventory. I've got plenty of coins too I need expansion permits!

CLOVERKAITO
11-29-13, 03:52 AM
Darn, I just did the trade for milk and eggs... and also used up all my corn and tomatoes for cooking @___@
Even part one is going to take me a while!

Strawberries & mushrooms are gonna be hard just did the magic fruit trade as well. 90 strawberries is brutal! The only things on that list which I had maxing out in my inventory were orange petals, hide, roast chickens, and living wood... Checking through my inventories now! I guess I won't be collecting from any coin buildings the next 5 days! Looking forward for Sweepstakes 3 list to see if I should just give this up.

Thanks Jay for sharing =)

sabrinashal
11-29-13, 03:53 AM
From looking at the T&Cs albeit quickly it looks as if it is is only open to US residents so I'm going to forget about it now as I'm not eligible and I guess many others aren't either.

yea that's sucks .... :(:confused:

i started to put materials into the goal and only then i noticed that restriction -> "only open to US residents" ... i mean wth?! :mad:

mymummy789
11-29-13, 03:55 AM
so even this is US only? I really think that should be made VERY clear in the initial instructions before people spend gems to speed up things that they may not even be entered for :( (like I nearly did before I read your post!!)

JayUK69
11-29-13, 03:57 AM
Only open to US residents? TL might have wanted to have stated that clearly and not even made it available in other countries. So, I've wasted all of my inventory for the first and the best part of the second caravan.

Who wants 1000 gems anyway, they'll be drained within a few hours with the constant gem traps anyway.

Cesar49
11-29-13, 03:59 AM
Glad I came on here before I started the second caravan (120 mushrooms?!). Having worked our way through all the Thanksgiving challenges, cow, chicken, pig, sheep AND pergola, for a festival which means nothing at all to non-Americans, you'd think they'd be gracious enough to let us have a chance at the sweepstake. Not good, TL, not good at all.

CLOVERKAITO
11-29-13, 03:59 AM

Oh wait, it's open to US residents only?! Oh darn. I already loaded things (it's about half loaded) into the first sweepstakes. I guess I'll finish that one up since I already started, and ignore the rest... Thank you berrigan17 for pointing it out!

berrigan17
11-29-13, 04:07 AM
Looking at it again, unless I'm reading it wrong, it looks like even some states in the US are excluded too!

sabrinashal
11-29-13, 04:09 AM
Looking at it again, unless I'm reading it wrong, it looks like even some states in the US are excluded too!

yep

they should have pointed those restrictions in game with huge letters!

Anyuszko
11-29-13, 04:10 AM
Dear TeamLava, so if I live outside the USA (like 95% of the people all around the world), does it mean that all ingredients what I put into the caravan is a wasting of my resources???

berrigan17
11-29-13, 04:12 AM
Yes it's not a good look. Anyway! I've got some chickens and cows to attend to. We will be way ahead on trade tickets. ��

CLOVERKAITO
11-29-13, 04:14 AM
Opinion please: before I came here I already loaded the following into Sweepstakes 1...

Load Water into the Caravan x 80 - LOADED 76
Load Eggs into the Caravan x 80 - LOADED 39
Load Milk into the Caravan x 80 - LOADED 38
Load White Petals into the Caravan x 50 - LOADED 4
Load Orange Petals into the Caravan x 50 - DONE
Load Corn into the Caravan x 50 - LOADED 8
Load Tomatoes into the Caravan x 50 - LOADED 10

Should I even bother completing it for (only) 25000 coins...?

sabrinashal
11-29-13, 04:19 AM
Opinion please: before I came here I already loaded the following into Sweepstakes 1...

yes! why not? (at least get the coins ...)

don't forget you still have like 5 days so you can take your time on that ^^

rosym47
11-29-13, 04:28 AM
I want my stuff back because the rules were in very small print and according to Aggwyn EVERYBODY has a chance. I know reading the small print is a good thing to do but this is a GAME. It seems Aggwyn promised what you can't deliver.

JayUK69
11-29-13, 04:31 AM
I want my stuff back because the rules were in very small print and according to Aggwyn EVERYBODY has a chance. I know reading the small print is a good thing to do but this is a GAME. It seems Aggwyn promised what you can't deliver.

And if it was only open to certain US residents, they should have only made the update available in eligible territories.

CLOVERKAITO
11-29-13, 04:36 AM
yes! why not? (at least get the coins ...)

don't forget you still have like 5 days so you can take your time on that ^^

Haha yeah. If you look at my kingdom now, you'd see a field of tomatoes with some corn (I planted everything else before the Sweepstakes started)...
As well as a bunch of mushrooms ready to be collected... which I will NOT collect and will put them back in inventory tomorrow, when I can get my paws onto my brother's iPad mini again (mine is an Android tablet).

Glad that the tomatoes won't go bad... Wait! maybe I should save those tomatoes and eggs to throw at TL for not pointing out that this is for US residents only in neon letters in-game... =P

Even better if TL can return the things they hacked from us. TL can keep the water and orange/white petals, but I really want my milk and eggs back (it's enough for a trade)! Q_Q

esmerelda35
11-29-13, 04:38 AM
Wow, thanks for pointing that out, I too had half loaded my caravan. Not in the US either, so I can go back to making sweet feasts to try and capture that elusive burning ember!
So wish I had known the restriction BEFORE starting, but at least I know now before wasting resources and time on all the caravans, thanks!

Cesar49
11-29-13, 04:40 AM

I wouldn't, unless you're desperate for coins. If you need the gold, fine. But it will take you another 215 energy to collect all the goods, which could be better spent on other things. Eggs and milk are an easy way to trade tickets, and who knows what colours and dyes we'll need for Christmas.

dragoniakingdom
11-29-13, 04:48 AM
Just wasted most of my supplies filling the caravan after I noticed the "new" on the goal list.

Wish I had looked here first as I am not a Usa resident,and it really should have been made clearer to ALL players that in BOLD lettering APPLICABLE TO USA RESIDENTS ONLY.

Feeling rather let down that I have wasted these resources.

sukyee
11-29-13, 04:49 AM
Oh please... anyone can help to retract all items loaded?!? I finished almost 98% of the second part including to load 60 of precious living woods!! even worse... the sync knight come out and all item loaded has been reset and nothing go back to my inventory.
Now is the second heart attack to me when I know this sweeptakes only eligible for US resident :'(

Cesar49
11-29-13, 04:55 AM
I suggest that if you have neighbours who you know are not US residents then leave a note on their wall - not everyone uses the forum and I'd hate for my friends on the game to waste resources like I just did!

froltojo
11-29-13, 05:00 AM
Yep me too! More than half way through the second caravan before I came here to check news! No chance of winning anything here in Australia. I do think a pop up IN THE GAME should have warned players who would not have wanted to waste their resources. I certainly do not need any coinage as reward for completing the caravans.

poppelia
11-29-13, 05:01 AM
Why are non US players discriminated? I really do not understand this. Could somebody help me please? I just read it on the forums

froltojo
11-29-13, 05:02 AM
I suggest that if you have neighbours who you know are not US residents then leave a note on their wall - not everyone uses the forum and I'd hate for my friends on the game to waste resources like I just did!

Great idea! Off to do it now.

CLOVERKAITO
11-29-13, 05:13 AM
I wouldn't, unless you're desperate for coins. If you need the gold, fine. But it will take you another 215 energy to collect all the goods, which could be better spent on other things. Eggs and milk are an easy way to trade tickets, and who knows what colours and dyes we'll need for Christmas.

215 energy...! That really puts it into perspective. Granted, with the hatchery and stable, it actually wouldn't cost that much energy to collect eggs and milk, but for the water, petals and crops, they do indeed cost 1 energy each (okay maybe 1 energy for 2 water), so even if I assume that I can get 5 milk and 5 eggs for 1 energy each, it'd still cost me almost the whole day just to fill this caravan up for (merely) 25000 coins. If I remember correctly I do have 300000 coins sitting around already (which I can't spend on expansions since the building supplies are taking me forever to make), and I even stopped collecting from the farm houses in favour of using the energy to chop trees and tend animals (I'm always, always low on sap - just glad that this sweepstakes didn't have sap or iron or earth wisp on there, to me they are much harder to replenish than milk and eggs).

So... yeah. I'll just ignore it and it'll disappear after 5 days. Now if the coin reward was 100000 then yes it'd be worth doing, but 25000... nah. Thank you cesar for pointing that out.

Though it would be nice if the cooking caravan could disappear off my goal list too. That one is 100x worse than the current sweepstakes caravan. I don't even have lemon or apple trees and those outragious cooking goals are such an eyesore to me... Q_Q)

It would be nice if any US residents who are taking part in this can fulfill our curiosity and let us know what the requirements for the 3 caravan would be =P

onemansmiracle
11-29-13, 05:29 AM
I want my milk back !! I didn't see anything about us resident!!

poppelia
11-29-13, 05:33 AM
I want my milk back !! I didn't see anything about us resident!!

I guess we are only good to buy gems. I am really disappointed.

vitriolicheart
11-29-13, 05:38 AM
I guess we are only good to buy gems. I am really disappointed.

Agreed. Absolutely abhorrent behaviour from Castle story.

maguar
11-29-13, 05:40 AM
Hey everyone lets try and keep the feedback constructive. I have passed on the feedback about the eligibility requirements and the effect of loss of resources on those of us who aren't eligible.

parkejm
11-29-13, 05:41 AM
Wow, thanks for pointing that out, I too had half loaded my caravan. Not in the US either, so I can go back to making sweet feasts to try and capture that elusive burning ember!
So wish I had known the restriction BEFORE starting, but at least I know now before wasting resources and time on all the caravans, thanks!

I agree with all of this. Am gutted that I've loaded up milk, corn and eggs for nothing.

Castloninian
11-29-13, 05:46 AM
Maguar, you're not in the US are you? Have you lost items too now or were you clever enough to check here first before doing anything? I've just come in from being out all morning, was so excited to see it and just loaded it up before looking here... a mistake I won't make again. But it shouldn't have been like this. TL had plenty of opportunity to point out small print when first announcing the sweepstake.

maguar
11-29-13, 05:52 AM
I'm not in the US. I'm a few milk and eggs from completing the first so I am in the same boat as a lot of people. I've made sure that I've passed the feedback on for everyone.

Funny fact - I didn't check the fine print first so that just shows how much I got out of my law degree.

Castloninian
11-29-13, 05:55 AM
I'm not in the US. I'm a few milk and eggs from completing the first so I am in the same boat as a lot of people. I've made sure that I've passed the feedback on for everyone.

Funny fact - I didn't check the fine print first so that just shows how much I got out of my law degree.
Just wondering what's the wise thing to do. Leave the caravan part filled because I am hoping TL will see sense and allow non eligible people to unload the caravan and get resources back, or fill it up completely so at least you get 25,000 coins for it. But I wouldn't want to do the latter and then not be allowed to get resources back (and give back the coins) if that was an option. What are others doing?

Castloninian
11-29-13, 05:56 AM

LOL. You know what, in all my excitement I never even saw anything about Ts and Cs or fineprint...

maguar
11-29-13, 05:58 AM
Just wondering what's the wise thing to do. Leave the caravan part filled because I am hoping TL will see sense and allow non eligible people to unload the caravan and get resources back, or fill it up completely so at least you get 25,000 coins for it. But I wouldn't want to do the latter and then not be allowed to get resources back (and give back the coins) if that was an option. What are others doing?

There's five days for the goals so I'm sitting back for awhile and waiting to see what happens.

mymummy789
11-29-13, 06:02 AM

I was only a few milk short of finishing the first one so I have completed that one. I am holding fire on the second one though (although gathering resources, just in case)

berrigan17
11-29-13, 06:04 AM

And I've been feeling a bit geeky because it was my legal training that made me read it! Lol. Force of habit. I'm glad I did though. And I did it early enough that I am only moderately peeved at my losses. But I can understand people's frustration.

Cesar49
11-29-13, 06:04 AM
I really wouldn't waste the energy finishing unless you're desperate for coins - I finished the first caravan before coming on the forum, but as I have already got about 6 million gold coins it was a complete waste of time! It looks to me as though gaming laws are the issue here - some parts of the US are also barred from taking part. I've left notes on a lot of walls saying not to play unless in the USA, and even then to check the terms and conditions, until we get some answers from TL.

jptheripper
11-29-13, 06:09 AM
i have 0 petals. so this will take a long time

Sandeuro
11-29-13, 06:12 AM
I agree with all of you and I'm in the same situation. There's a real simpel solution, they just have to give out Some gems for completing these 3 goals.

wswau
11-29-13, 06:14 AM
Caravan Sweepstakes 3

Load Bones into the Caravan x 120
Load Creep tooth into the Caravan x 120
Load Flimmerdust into the Caravan x 120
Load Purple Petals into the Caravan x120
Load Cocoa Beans into the Caravan x120
Load Glimmerbulbs into the Caravan x 80
Load Red Petals into the Caravan x 80
Load Prime Cuts into the Caravan x80
Load Wool into the Caravan x80
Load Truffle into the Caravan x80

I load them too quick... hope the number is right! I won't win the prize because where I live, that's fine with me. Personally I just don't like to have unfinished quest sitting there;)

berrigan17
11-29-13, 06:16 AM
What was the reward for caravan 3?

igames4me
11-29-13, 06:18 AM
New York is discriminated

wswau
11-29-13, 06:20 AM
What was the reward for caravan 3?

coin x 150,000
exp x 60

sorry I forgot

newzealander
11-29-13, 06:21 AM
yea that's sucks .... :(:confused:

i started to put materials into the goal and only then i noticed that restriction -> "only open to US residents" ... i mean wth?! :mad:

OMG I wish I had seen that before I entered!! I just wiped out everything!!!

berrigan17
11-29-13, 06:28 AM
coin x 150,000
exp x 60

sorry I forgot

Thanks. That is a little more respectable in terms of coinage. But agree gems would have been nicer!

newzealander
11-29-13, 06:39 AM
Oh please... anyone can help to retract all items loaded?!? I finished almost 98% of the second part including to load 60 of precious living woods!! even worse... the sync knight come out and all item loaded has been reset and nothing go back to my inventory.
Now is the second heart attack to me when I know this sweeptakes only eligible for US resident :'(

ditto, Sukyee. I had done all of the first part, and all of the second part except 20 mushrooms and 20 blue petals. I know we've been told to keep this positive, but it's very hard when weeks of building up inventory is wiped, and there really was inadequate notice of the restrictions on entry (if it was adequate, then it would not be missed by so many people).

I join in asking that we get either an inventory refund, or perhaps some bonus energy to help us restore our inventory. I have seen TL play fair when things have gone wrong in the past; I would suggest this is an opportunity for them to put something substantial right once again.

NayanPrakash
11-29-13, 06:50 AM
I loaded my first caravan except the water and milk :( I could've used the eggs and milk for the kitchen and trades :( I'm not eligible as I'm 15 years old and live in India :( This update is really not nice since it's basically discriminating against some people. Lost my resources and not at all happy about it. It's a good thing I came on here otherwise I would've tried loading the 2nd and 3rd caravans too...

bobbo26
11-29-13, 07:00 AM
They should update the rewards to gems.... I mean you get free 30 gems just for installing a game multiple times and another 45ish by playing up to certain levels... I don't see the harm of making the game give us 30-50 gems per caravan also. I would rather have that than 10 random people winning 1000 each this way no one is left out.

rosym47
11-29-13, 07:23 AM
This is how I see it, Aggwynn who is on the Storm8 staff announced an update on 11/28/13 in that we were told that EVERYONE would have the chance to enter and win.
Now I understand that as this is a sweepstake TL have to abide by the legal restrictions. But why was this not made clear by Aggwynn?
Perhaps TL didn't know or realise, if so they should man up, apologise and compensate.
Perhaps somebody did know and didn't check what was being announced by their staff, if so see the above.
I do feel that there has been a breaking of a written contract here. I am not a lawyer but that's how it feels.
So Storm8, or TL let's have something from you please, even if it is only an apology because we were misled.

Gretl5
11-29-13, 07:37 AM
Ugh, be careful. I learned the hard way this morning that this is a really easy gem trap. Wasted a few dozen on eggs, which are so easy to collect, just by tapping in slightly the wrong place. Sours the whole experience.

KasiaH30
11-29-13, 07:44 AM
I posted this on Bakery Story forum and now I'm mad I wasted my food and stuff on this only to find out NY can't enter for some stupid reason I want my inventory back then! It makes no since since I am in the US!

WhatNamesRLeft
11-29-13, 07:46 AM
TL is happy to take money for purchases from non US residents & for us to do the Thanksgiving challenges prev to this one. I don't even remember SEEING the screenshot showing the fine print. I only remember the challenge screen saying you can have a chance at 1000 gems. This disclaimer should have been put on the challenge screen so no matter when you open it the disclaimer is there. Or at the least it should say to see T&C's. VERY UNFAIR. There are MANY non US residents who play too & being barred from something like this leaves a sour taste in the mouth. All non US residents who have been trying to do the challenge should have the option to be reimbursed any gems or inventory used.

KasiaH30
11-29-13, 07:51 AM
TL is happy to take money for purchases from non US residents & for us to do the Thanksgiving challenges prev to this one. I don't even remember SEEING the screenshot showing the fine print. I only remember the challenge screen saying you can have a chance at 1000 gems. This disclaimer should have been put on the challenge screen so no matter when you open it the disclaimer is there. Or at the least it should say to see T&C's. VERY UNFAIR. There are MANY non US residents who play too & being barred from something like this leaves a sour taste in the mouth. All non US residents who have been trying to do the challenge should have the option to be reimbursed any gems or inventory used.

Well apparently they have a problem with NY, Rhode Island, and Florida in the US. I'm from NY and wasted my stuff too :(

vednir
11-29-13, 07:57 AM
Well if it's anything like the usual TL sweepstakes, one chance is as good as 3. Since I already loaded almost everything for the first caravan I'll call it quits there and restock my inventory. I have a feeling this is just a way for TL to clear down some inventory for the next time limited quest to drive up gem purchases.

freesiawoods
11-29-13, 07:59 AM
Oh no, just read this thread. Why were not the eligibility requirements made clear in game?? I have loaded most of the first caravan and I'd like to get my items back please.

jessicattt
11-29-13, 08:01 AM
I can't believe I've wasted all those items and the competition is only open to US residents. That is so unfair. Can you explain why, when people play all over the world?

dezzzila
11-29-13, 08:20 AM
http://i.imgur.com/nWDlnZo.png

RULES:
Ends: Friday, November 29th 11:59pm PST

- Every dollar purchased adds a chance to win 1,000 Gems!

10 players will win 1,000 Gems each! The more entries, the more chances you have to win!

here does it say in the fine print is you spend a dollar you get an entry?
And in the fine print it says it ends December 3rd

igames4me
11-29-13, 08:23 AM
It also says no purchase nessasary lol
But it says if the more dollars you spend the more chances u get

So yes you need to purchase

dezzzila
11-29-13, 08:29 AM
Yeah but unless I missed something... In the fine print on the website I did not see where it said when you spend a dollar you get an entry. It said only two ways to win... and that was completing the caravans, 1 entry each up to 3 entries, or sending a postcard in and blah blah blah. Nothing about spending money.

dezzzila
11-29-13, 08:29 AM
It also says no purchase nessasary lol
But it says if the more dollars you spend the more chances u get

So yes you need to purchase

Yeah but unless I missed something... In the fine print on the website I did not see where it said when you spend a dollar you get an entry. It said only two ways to win... and that was completing the caravans, 1 entry each up to 3 entries, or sending a postcard in and blah blah blah. Nothing about spending money.

clk48706
11-29-13, 08:31 AM
I do live in the US and agree that the same rules and offers should be available to all players. The way I see it, TL really did not offer us anything I have all the thanksgiving animals and bought 2 alicorn's early in the game. I agree the caravans are not worth the loss of resources. If I would just collect from my buildings for 5 days I would be better off than by doing them
As for the sweepstakes, I think I would have a better chance trying to win the lottery....
For all the hype, What A Bust!!!

vednir
11-29-13, 08:37 AM
I bet TL would have gotten a lot more excitement about this sweepstakes if they had offered some type of unique decoration or some other meaningful reward for completing all 3 entries. Not only would this have generated a lot more goodwill but it would have avoided all of the anger at the legal limitations of the sweepstakes.

dezzzila
11-29-13, 08:38 AM
I do live in the US and agree that the same rules and offers should be available to all players. The way I see it, TL really did not offer us anything I have all the thanksgiving animals and bought 2 alicorn's early in the game. I agree the caravans are not worth the loss of resources. If I would just collect from my buildings for 5 days I would be better off than by doing them
As for the sweepstakes, I think I would have a better chance trying to win the lottery....
For all the hype, What A Bust!!!

*sigh* What ever happened to the days where you played games like these and on holidays they just gave you cool items for being a player at that time...

Triple_K
11-29-13, 09:00 AM

Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't read it yet but I just did and New York is not included so good thing I didn't do anything as yet. Made several noodles last night and was low on eggs, so pulled out the rest of my chickens from storage to gather eggs. If I had the eggs everything would've been added there already so I was saved because I wanted to add everything in one go.
TL should state in the pop up, only available to US residents.

Triple_K
11-29-13, 09:03 AM
They should've offered a bigger sale on gems. 40% is not much difference from the usual 30%. At least this way everyone can benefit if they choose to buy gems.

MIssFryd
11-29-13, 09:15 AM
I am furious and feel tricked into enter something I have no chance of winning. Have emptied my inventory, sent one caravan on the way and am almost done with nest and now I find out it's only for US citizens. Wth is this all about?? Not all of us enter forums to read before we complete goals, actually I know most of my neighbors don't. That fine print in the bottom is virtually impossible to read. I've used precious gems to get this done too and all my saved up stock of many things are no gone, even those loaded up but not sent yet.

THIS IS NOT OK!!!!

rosym47
11-29-13, 09:22 AM
Only one answer for me and that not to spend any more money with TL or Storm8 on any game until they start treating players with fairness and respect.
I will keep playing for free for now.

Come on TL talk to us, give us your view because currently you have a lot of disappointed players on this game and the other games that had a sweepstake.

newzealander
11-29-13, 09:36 AM
You know what's quite sad? There are 000's of non-eligible players that don't read this forum. They will complete all the tasks without even knowing that they actually DON'T have a chance of winning. At least I know. I have written on walls of neighbours, and I am facebooking this to all my friends, and working out how else to get the message out there. Hopefully we can save a few others the frustration we are feeling.

Get the message out there! In the meantime, hopefully TL adds a huge great big bold warning to the splash page.

eepopp
11-29-13, 09:42 AM
You know what's quite sad? There are 000's of non-eligible players that don't read this forum. They will complete all the tasks without even knowing that they actually DON'T have a chance of winning. At least I know. I have written on walls of neighbours, and I am facebooking this to all my friends, and working out how else to get the message out there. Hopefully we can save a few others the frustration we are feeling.

Get the message out there! In the meantime, hopefully TL adds a huge great big bold warning to the splash page.

The best thing that TL can do right now is TURN OFF the Caravan Sweepstakes event. This would stem and limit the number of affected players.

It's a nuclear option, but hopefully it's one that they make to prevent the creation of even MORE unhappy customers.

They can assess the fallout and damage on Monday, and come up with a mitigation plan.

This Sweepstakes is / was a bust. Please end it now.

paisdelasmaravillas
11-29-13, 09:45 AM
Me too!!
I complete the first caravan with all the resources of my inventory. And now.... Arg
I lose everything?!
Playing from Spain
It's very frustrating, i'm outraged

parlski
11-29-13, 09:50 AM
I'm none too happy either. even if you are a us resident, check the few states that will not be elligible

CottageRose
11-29-13, 09:52 AM
I too posted info on all 244 of my neighbors walls, because I know some are in other countries and some may be in the excluded US areas.

madz1303
11-29-13, 09:53 AM
Me too!!
I complete the first caravan with all the resources of my inventory. And now.... Arg
I lose everything?!
Playing from Spain

+1 I'm on 2nd caravan and I'm playing from Bahrain.
It's very frustrating, I'm outraged...all the hard worked ...poof in seconds :(

madz1303
11-29-13, 10:00 AM
Me too!!
I lose everything?!
Playing from Spain

+1 I'm on 2nd caravan and I'm playing from Bahrain.
It's very frustrating, I'm outraged...all the hard worked ...poof in seconds :(

CLOVERKAITO
11-29-13, 10:05 AM
Caravan Sweepstakes 3

Load Flimmerdust into the Caravan x 120

I load them too quick... hope the number is right! I won't win the prize because where I live, that's fine with me. Personally I just don't like to have unfinished quest sitting there;)

Thank you for posting to fulfill our curiosity~

The only thing I have here that's close to 99 are Truffles and bones lol.

Cesar49
11-29-13, 10:08 AM
I suggested earlier (post 25 on this thread) that people should contact any neighbours who they knew were not in the USA. I did that, and got several players who hadn't seen the forum thread and stopped them losing out as I had. I also put a large notice on my own wall, and now quite a few of my American neighbours are refusing to play because it has been so badly handled. Whilst I am really annoyed I don't hold out much hope of getting my supplies back, but at least I feel that I've achieved something constructive by warning my neighbours.

Queenofheartland
11-29-13, 10:21 AM
Dear Team Lava,

I am so disappointed that to find out that this caravan quest is only applicable for the residents of USA. I wish you could have mentioned that when you had sent me this alert, and I have almost finished the first quest, in which I have loads abundant supply of my water, eggs, milk, white & yellow petals, corn and tomatoes. NOW HAS THAT GONE DOWN THE DRAIN?
It was kind of one of my neighbours to send me a message as soon as I was almost done with the First quest so now I have stopped loading. Please confirm if that is true?
Thanks,
Best Regards,
Upset Player from England
:(

mamareader02
11-29-13, 10:28 AM
Not participating,it's not fair,and the also the chances of winning are slim,I never win this stuff so not gonna empty resources for it

tanderson573
11-29-13, 10:39 AM
As a small business owner I can understand a bit of TL's side. Rules were made and someone is always going to complain about what you are giving away for free. I'm in the US and in an eligible state so I'm going to complete the caravans... But maybe you should do a little something for the players that can't have a chance to win... Perhaps another caravan. I am reading how many loyal players are upset. One other thing players might want to keep in mind is that this is a game and just enjoy playing the game. If you didn't spend actual cash in those eggs and milk there is no reason to be so upset about loading them. They are just clicks and time spent playing a fun and free game. I know I'm most likely going to get a negative reaction from people about that but it's true. Click away, gather resources again, and don't sweat the small things. Remember it's a game... Made for enjoyment and relaxation. It's not the end of the world to loose some eggs or milk or whatever you have loaded already.

zuma022
11-29-13, 10:51 AM
I'm in the same boat, not in the US and wasted lots of resources before coming to the forum. Ugh, I'm so mad! I get that there's rules and what not, but please TL don't release the sweepstakes to the whole world if only some are eligible! And if that's not possible you should have made it very clear that most are not eligible!!
I want my resources back! I don't need coins, I have millions.

The sad thing is not only do most players not come to the forums and have no idea about it, but they won't even know and just assume they weren't the winners. This is very sneaky and very, very unfair. That and the gem traps in all the TL games really makes me furious!

rosym47
11-29-13, 10:54 AM
As a small business owner I can understand a bit of TL's side. Rules were made and someone is always going to complain about what you are giving away for free. I'm in the US and in an eligible state so I'm going to complete the caravans... But maybe you should do a little something for the players that can't have a chance to win... Perhaps another caravan. I am reading how many loyal players are upset. One other thing players might want to keep in mind is that this is a game and just enjoy playing the game. If you didn't spend actual cash in those eggs and milk there is no reason to be so upset about loading them. They are just clicks and time spent playing a fun and free game. I know I'm most likely going to get a negative reaction from people about that but it's true. Click away, gather resources again, and don't sweat the small things. Remember it's a game... Made for enjoyment and relaxation. It's not the end of the world to loose some eggs or milk or whatever you have loaded already.

It's not the end of the world but I would suggest that if you treated your customers the way Storm8 and TL have treated their customers you would soon be out of business. The restrictions should have been up front and not hid in the small print then we could have made an informed choice.
It may ony be clicks and time but it was MY clicks and time.

CLOVERKAITO
11-29-13, 10:58 AM

Yes, it's just a game, but some people have purchased gems with their hard earned money and lost some to this caravan. I fortunately didn't, but losing a bunch of items is like losing a day's worth of game play. Time is money, and you cannot put a price tag on time lost... it takes days to collect a lot of those items, and they were lost in a matter of seconds (however long it takes someone to load the caravan by tapping). Is my time of no value just because I didn't lose gems or that I didn't spend my hard earned cash on the gems?

Yes, it's just a game - but it doesn't mean there aren't principles that should be followed. I believe I, as well as many players, have the right to feel upset about being misled into entering a contest that initially was advertised as "Everyone has a shot at winning".

tanderson573
11-29-13, 11:04 AM
Yes, it's just a game, but some people have purchased gems with their hard earned money and lost some to this caravan. I fortunately didn't, but losing a bunch of items is like losing a day's worth of game play. Time is money, and you cannot put a price tag on time lost... it takes days to collect a lot of those items, and they were lost in a matter of seconds (however long it takes someone to load the caravan by tapping). Is my time of no value just because I didn't lose gems or that I didn't spend my hard earned cash on the gems?

Yes, it's just a game - but it doesn't mean there aren't principles that should be followed. I believe I, as well as many players, have the right to feel upset about being misled into entering a contest that initially was advertised as "Everyone has a shot at winning".
I don't believe you don't have the right to be upset and also the people that did spend money yes you should be upset. All I was trying to do is remind people that the point of a game is to ENJOY playing and if you can't enjoy it there should be no reason to continue playing.

bowlfullofcherries
11-29-13, 11:13 AM
The communication between TL and its players leaves much to be desired. Actually, the wheat contest (remember that?) and its rules weren't fully explained in-game, either. A lot of players, including yours truly, did that one all kinds of wrong and I wouldn't have ever known it if I hadn't gotten on forum. (mini rant: And honestly, just how many players are on forum anyways?! Really, TL.)

The issue that effects every gamer, US resident or not, seems to be clear and concise communication between the TL team and the gamers. The fact that the sweepstakes is limited in scope is a separate issue, though no more palatable. If TL would address the first at least I know all its players would be happier.

bowlfullofcherries
11-29-13, 11:16 AM
Btw, nbrs mine. My internet access is very limited until Monday. I'm so sorry I'm not visiting you- I'm trying to answer requests as I steal time, though!

So yeah. I might not be able to enter the sweepstakes even being eligible. Ah well.

Queenofheartland
11-29-13, 11:20 AM
I agree xoxo

Queenofheartland
11-29-13, 11:27 AM
I agree with you Jay xoxo, I am so bummed !!!

And if it was only open to certain US residents, they should have only made the update available in eligible territories.

MIssFryd
11-29-13, 11:29 AM
Oh, it's a game, agree, and I don't waste any tears or energy on this loss as it can be built up in time, if I even bother.

For TL to trick so many players to empty hard earned inventories in a sweepstakes we are not eligible to win is deceiving and unethical. Tl is not a small business and should be too good to ***** so many of us. Don't hide behind some tiny letters which don't even say who this challenge is made for. If they respected their players, all over the world, they would have made it clear when the goal came up. We were promised a surprise on Friday and was never told it was only for a few. I never dreamed that TL would only favor those living in US. If regulations only lets them have a sweepstakes for US states only, leave it be and don't put it out there!!

Many of us actually buy gems for real money and I like to spend mine in a way that gives me enjoyment and satisfaction. That's my reason for playing this game. To give gems and inventory right back to TL without any chance of getting something back gives me neither of that and I so regret giving my money to a company run in such unethical way.

Give us reimbursement for our losses and show us some respect. Either remove the sweepstakes all together or make it clear to all that it's only meant for a few. Are you really so close minded that you believe the world is centered around some states in the US?? The world is far larger than that - actually very much larger. So many of my neighbors entered this from other countries and all lost much of their inventories for nothing!

I'm posting to all my neighbors now to ask them to be aware of the rules of the sweepstakes. I always loved TL and my CS game, but this has made me think twice if I really want to continue this. You need to give respect to earn respect! Maybe it's time to use my hard earned cash on entertainment that treats us participants fair and square and companies which respect their customers!

violetchicory
11-29-13, 11:29 AM
I did some research (http://www.quora.com/What-legal-issues-come-up-when-running-a-contest-or-giveaway): NY, FL & RI do need special registration for sweepstake organizers, thus it's not about discrimination at all. Also, if you compare to last year's sweepstake (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?40383-Wheat-Harvest-Contest!-Get-Farming!-Win-2-000-Gems!), it only takes harvesting wheat which even uncommitted players would do and therefore be illegible for price they might not even be using.

I'm not us resident either, but I don't see any harm completing a caravan either, just to test and see whether the rules were only a disclaimer or if they're really going to stick to it. Which I did with my other account. I did tried to track last years' winner to no avail (probably a good thing since its annoying to have hundreds of neighbor request if their identity is leaked out).

Let's just take this as it is-a game and congratulate the winner just through this forum as they do deserve it!

oliverrr11
11-29-13, 11:56 AM
*sigh* What ever happened to the days where you played games like these and on holidays they just gave you cool items for being a player at that time...
Yes, that would be nice. I too, wish we were told upfront that this was only for SOME players. I just found out I am not eligible here in Florida. I understand the legal restrictions and blah blah blah - it just would have been nice to know upfront. I finished the first caravan and parts of the second one before I saw this. I would rather have all my stuff back than the coins that I don't really need. Oh well. Not going to lose sleep over it.

hottrthanhott
11-29-13, 12:17 PM

I'm on the same boat!!! I have sent my Knights to that desert 20 times +, and stopped counting. Still no Ember!! Wasted my time loading 1st Caravan before I read that the state of Florida in USA also can't participate!!!
Back to sweet feasts I guess... I'll try to gather resources just in case the last reward is worth it. Then I'll do the caravans. If not worth it, no way.

my607
11-29-13, 12:25 PM
It says caravan 3 it needs 120 Flimmerdust there is no Flimmerdust. I'm guessing its Glitterdust instead.

studio1859
11-29-13, 12:27 PM
I'm an eligible US resident who will not be completing the "sweepstakes". I quickly recognized it as a ploy to drain our resources so we would buy gems so we could complete expansions. Sorry to all of you who've been duped by their greed.

ggfdddgh
11-29-13, 12:42 PM
Wow! Only US residents?!?! That sucks. I've almost completed the second caravan, and already loaded everything. Wasted all those things and energy collecting, when I could have used them for exchanges for the expansion tickets. I'm going to stop that quest now. I don't need the coins, got plenty anyway.

(I'm also a little upset I bought the barracks yesterday, after finally saving up 360 gems, and then a couple hours later a limited time 25% off the alicorn. I would happily buy another 120 gems and get the alicorn, had i not spent my gems on the barracks).

eepopp
11-29-13, 01:24 PM
While visiting my neighbors to post warnings on their walls, I was happy to see that there were other posts already there. In some cases, multiple warnings.

TeamLava may have intended this event to be exiting and virul, but it's clear that as a community, Castle Story players are communicating messages that cast a negative perception upon the game. Somehow, I don't think that was the goal of this Sweepstakes.

While there are players on both sides of this that are defending this as just an aspect of a game, and others that are clearly upset about the loss of resources, I am most concerned about players that just silently delete the Castle Story app from their iPhones, iPads and iTouch devices.

Please turn this event off.
Please escalte this to the powers that be that are probably shopping during Black Friday and are unaware of this growing issue.
Please.

mamareader02
11-29-13, 01:29 PM
I did some research (http://www.quora.com/What-legal-issues-come-up-when-running-a-contest-or-giveaway): NY, FL & RI do need special registration for sweepstake organizers, thus it's not about discrimination at all. Also, if you compare to last year's sweepstake (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?40383-Wheat-Harvest-Contest!-Get-Farming!-Win-2-000-Gems!), it only takes harvesting wheat which even uncommitted players would do and therefore be illegible for price they might not even be using.

I'm not us resident either, but I don't see any harm completing a caravan either, just to test and see whether the rules were only a disclaimer or if they're really going to stick to it. Which I did with my other account. I did tried to track last years' winner to no avail (probably a good thing since its annoying to have hundreds of neighbor request if their identity is leaked out).

Let's just take this as it is-a game and congratulate the winner just through this forum as they do deserve it!
Wow,glad I wasn't going to do this,I'm in Fl!

clarabesked
11-29-13, 01:29 PM
Where and when did you point out that this sweapstake is for US citizens only?

MIssFryd
11-29-13, 01:30 PM
Thank you dd2pls1988. You said it so much better than I did. This is big business for TL and it's obvious for me why they didn't make it clear who this sweepstakes was for. They benefit greatly that many of us emptied our inventories for a few lousy coins. They put up an offer to buy expansion permits at the same time so when we have nothing more to trade they hope we will buy.

Of course I always known it is business and not charity for them, but to make it this obvious that only business matters is an offense to all the faithful players around the world. They wouldn't be the big game/company/business they are without us.

And to be clear, I wish anyone eligible and participating in this the very best of luck and are happy for those winning the big pot in the end of the rainbow! :-)

marse66
11-29-13, 01:34 PM
Wow,glad I wasn't going to do this,I'm in Fl!

Agreed. I'm not a US citizen either and as much as it would be nice to be included in the sweepstake it certainly is not what drives me to play the game.. Did I say game? Yes this is a game..

clarabesked
11-29-13, 01:36 PM
I am really looking forward to the competition for citizens in northern Sweden!

igames4me
11-29-13, 01:39 PM
Form No. 1099 may be issued to all winners for the value(s) of such winner's prize(s) for the year 2013.

calipitter
11-29-13, 01:49 PM
Umm...not to be ignorant, but how do they know where I live? I mean, I travel, and play the game wherever. I don't recall ever submitting my address sooooo, how would they know that I live in a "restricted" area and am ineligible for the prize? I mean, it's not like they are going to mail me the gems, right?

igames4me
11-29-13, 01:53 PM
Umm...not to be ignorant, but how do they know where I live? I mean, I travel, and play the game wherever. I don't recall ever submitting my address sooooo, how would they know that I live in a "restricted" area and am ineligible for the prize? I mean, it's not like they are going to mail me the gems, right?

8. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, each winner will be required to execute and deliver to Provider an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability, and Publicity Release within ten (10) days of the winner being notified of his or her status as a potential winner. Failure to properly complete, sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability, and Publicity Release, or any other documents that the Provider requires winners to fill out and execute as a condition of being awarded a prize, within such ten (10)-day timeframe may result in such prize winner forfeiting the prize and the selection of an alternate winner. All forms or other documents may be considered incomplete if they are incomplete or contain errors.

amasfarm
11-29-13, 02:44 PM
I was about to finished the second caravan when one of my neighbors warned me it was only for thwe US residents !!!! TL should give back whatr we spent from our inventory !!!

calipitter
11-29-13, 02:55 PM
8. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, each winner will be required to execute and deliver to Provider an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability, and Publicity Release within ten (10) days of the winner being notified of his or her status as a potential winner. Failure to properly complete, sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability, and Publicity Release, or any other documents that the Provider requires winners to fill out and execute as a condition of being awarded a prize, within such ten (10)-day timeframe may result in such prize winner forfeiting the prize and the selection of an alternate winner. All forms or other documents may be considered incomplete if they are incomplete or contain errors.

For a bunch of "virtual"gems?!? This world is crazy!! Okay, scratch my name off, I would be too embarrassed to do a publicity release for something so stupid!!!!!!

Chosen823
11-29-13, 02:57 PM
I was just charged the full 600 gems for the alicorn that is on sale for 450. TL, can you fix that?

CottageRose
11-29-13, 02:57 PM
Ahhh, even better. The winners have to pay taxes on them as 1099s will be issued.

Cesar49
11-29-13, 03:00 PM

I don't think that the issue is whether or not you play the game, it's how TL choose to promote things. Look back through the forum and you'll see that I said it was dictated by gaming laws very early on. That's fine, but some players have used very valuable resources (caravans 2 and 3 demand a lot of things far harder to replace than eggs and milk) such as glimmer bulbs and living wood believing they HAD A CHANCE OF WINNING! If TL had been up front and said that only certain players could take part in the sweepstake, or had withheld it from those of us who couldn't take part, nobody would have a complaint. You could do the caravan or not, end of story. But by promoting it as something anyone could win they have misled everyone.

jptheripper
11-29-13, 03:00 PM
Not Florida? Oh well..

CottageRose
11-29-13, 03:05 PM
I posted on all 244 of my neighbors walls this morning, because it seemed like the neighborly thing to do. If those that are eligible choose to do the caravans it's their choice, but at least they are making an informed choice.

midnightmeerkat
11-29-13, 03:07 PM
The caravan now has a disclaimer on it

CottageRose
11-29-13, 03:08 PM
Well, except for those poor souls who already used valuable resources and weren't eligible - resources that can take less constant players weeks or months to accumulate. They were then able to cut their losses.

midnightmeerkat
11-29-13, 03:12 PM
Well, except for those poor souls who already used valuable resources and weren't eligible - resources that can take less constant players weeks or months to accumulate. They were then able to cut their losses.

I'm not in USA and did put some items in.... Cutting my loses now

QueenCarolyn
11-29-13, 03:14 PM
I don't see how to get 120 bones and 120 creep tooth in a short time.

journeysmom
11-29-13, 03:15 PM
Does anyone know if the 4day time limit is for step 1? Or for all 3 steps?

The fact that 1099s will (may be) issued however is just lower than a snakes belly.

journeysmom
11-29-13, 03:18 PM
Edit to add, I am hoping they "have" to add that, but will not. If I have to consider tax issues when playing a game in my home, on my iPad, that just crosses a line that I will only do once....by mistake. I love FS2, and play constantly throughout the day (because I am unemployed), but that tax thing is just too low.

Castloninian
11-29-13, 03:24 PM
The caravan now has a disclaimer on it

Good, about time. But I am also still awaiting an offical TL response on how they are going to deal with the lost resources for ineligible people.

Cesar49
11-29-13, 03:30 PM
Yay! At least forum power has made them change the announcement. I would like to think that they just didn't think of it before. The cynic in me (much stronger I'm afraid! :rolleyes:) says "bet they didn't!"

kooky panda
11-29-13, 03:34 PM
I was just charged the full 600 gems for the alicorn that is on sale for 450. TL, can you fix that?
You will need to send an email to support@teamlava.com for assistance.

vitriolicheart
11-29-13, 03:34 PM
I bet TL would have gotten a lot more excitement about this sweepstakes if they had offered some type of unique decoration or some other meaningful reward for completing all 3 entries. Not only would this have generated a lot more goodwill but it would have avoided all of the anger at the legal limitations of the sweepstakes.

Quoting this because this would at least take the edge off my anger.

CottageRose
11-29-13, 03:49 PM
This!!! I would consider emptying out my inventories for something "real" instead of a lottery ticket.

And imagine how many excited and happy winners there would be, if everyone who completed the three caravans received a special item. Much better idea, and still profitable. :D

cameronenglish
11-29-13, 04:11 PM
Not happy at losing all those things thinking I was in for a win. Should have read the fine print.

JayUK69
11-29-13, 04:24 PM
Should have read the fine print.

Or they could have just posted the correct information in the first place, so we didn't all waste most of our inventory.

jaesha
11-29-13, 04:57 PM

RULES:

10 players will win 1,000 Gems each! The more entries, the more chances you have to win!

I'm a bit confused. This post says "Every dollar purchased adds a chance to win 1,000 Gems!" Yet the official game rules state: "NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN; PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING."

It further describes that there are only two ways to enter: "(A) You may obtain one (1) entry during the Sweepstakes Period for each "Sweepstakes Caravan" goal you complete. You may earn up to three (3) entries total by completing all three Sweepstakes Caravan goals. (B) You may also obtain one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes without a purchase by writing your name and address on a 3x5 postcard and mailing it to Storm8."

Could you please clarify the statement "Every dollar purchased adds a chance to win 1,000 Gems!" as it implies that if we buy gems we get an entry for every dollar spent.

froltojo
11-29-13, 05:07 PM

Now they add the disclaimer....too late. I've wasted a lot of hard earned resources. Bad form Team Lava!

jimboser
11-29-13, 05:25 PM
Does anyone know i the 4day time limit is for step 1? Or for all 3 steps?

The fact that 1099s will (may be) issued however is just lower than a snakes belly.

This seems to be the deadline for all steps to be completed, however many you happen to finish. That's the deadline for the contest, so however many you can complete in that timespan.

Caravan Sweepstakes 3

Load Glimmerdust into the Caravan x 120

I've just gotten my 2nd caravan off, I'm on the 3rd now. The bones and creep tooth might be a problem, I'm saving off loading the rest of the caravan until those are done, just in case. Got some monsters to fight...

cookie2crumble
11-29-13, 05:31 PM
How can TL change the rules and expect non US residents to loose some much inventory without so much as an apology. Return of all inventory and gems lost trying to complete the caravan is the least they can do.

meme1098
11-29-13, 05:47 PM
I'm a bit confused. This post says "Every dollar purchased adds a chance to win 1,000 Gems!" Yet the official game rules state: "NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN; PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING."

It further describes that there are only two ways to enter: "(A) You may obtain one (1) entry during the Sweepstakes Period for each "Sweepstakes Caravan" goal you complete. You may earn up to three (3) entries total by completing all three Sweepstakes Caravan goals. (B) You may also obtain one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes without a purchase by writing your name and address on a 3x5 postcard and mailing it to Storm8."

Could you please clarify the statement "Every dollar purchased adds a chance to win 1,000 Gems!" as it implies that if we buy gems we get an entry for every dollar spent.

I think someone forgot to edit the wording since the contests for other games (like FS & RS) are based on the purchase of gems. Very poor handling of the contest all the way around. I'm in an eligible area but refuse to continue this farce after finishing the first caravan earlier. Totally messed up.

calipitter
11-29-13, 05:57 PM

RULES:

Are we sure we really even have three days? Daojin's entry says it ends Friday, November 29th 11:59pm!?

creolepraline
11-29-13, 06:07 PM
I need about 30 more bacon. I seriously doubt I'll finish this second step. With the third part needing bones and whatnot I know its mor gonna happen. For sure. I hate searching for monsters. Their parts are needed for other things and to be honest expanding more is higher on my list. This is harder than breeding a dang dragon!

QueenCarolyn
11-29-13, 06:27 PM
Thank you for posting to fulfill our curiosity~

The only thing I have here that's close to 99 are Truffles and bones lol.

I wish I could trade you some purple petals and glimmerbulbs for truffles and bones. ;)

CLOVERKAITO
11-29-13, 06:59 PM
I wish I could trade you some purple petals and glimmerbulbs for truffles and bones. ;)

My purple petals are maxed out too =P

rene2222
11-29-13, 07:25 PM
I started on the second caravan before realising that it is only for the US players...DARN, wasted all my collections.

craterlake
11-29-13, 08:29 PM
Now that would really be a Thanksgiving present

Magestico
11-29-13, 08:44 PM
Great. Now I've lost more than half of my inventory learning that this was all a TRAP. I'm disappointed at how they didn't warn us YESTERDAY in-game that this was only opened to US residents only. Now that they have added the warning in-game, it's STILL TOO LATE because I believe many of us wasted our energies and inventories. This is not fair

QueenCarolyn
11-29-13, 09:17 PM
Wow! If these caravans lasted a month, they would still be tough. I agree that we should get a prize for each caravan. Just some item they make up that looks cool, like a totem pole, and you get a taller one for each quest you complete.

eepopp
11-29-13, 09:30 PM
Wow! If these caravans lasted a month, they would still be tough. I agree that we should get a prize for each caravan. Just some item they make up that looks cool, like a totem pole, and you get a taller one for each quest you complete.

They should have made the Turkey animals the entries for the Sweepstakes. If players were ineligible due to where they lived, then at least they would have gotten an animal for their participation. If the Turkey Cow, Pig, Sheep and Chicken had been entries, we would have had four opportunities to enter, and had a whole heck of a lot of fun getting those animals.

The idea of sending out resources for a paltry amount of coins and xp is just bad.

elaur
11-29-13, 10:21 PM
I'm from the USA and wish it wasn't caravans. It just seems like wasting your items. And once you commit them (which you have to do to see how far you get or to not accidentally use them for other things) you lose them forever.

I'm on the second caravan and wish I hadn't wasted my inventory.

elaur
11-29-13, 10:22 PM
The first caravan was ok. Second one seems like too much on top of the first one.

mikado86
11-29-13, 10:38 PM
Look at all those people complaining about losing their virtual tomatoes and whatnot. It's like you guys always find something to complain about with every update

sara6676
11-29-13, 11:39 PM
How can TL change the rules and expect non US residents to loose some much inventory without so much as an apology. Return of all inventory and gems lost trying to complete the caravan is the least they can do.

Bad luck for me, too. I was in the middle of the 3rd caravan when I realised that this is for US players only. Didn't spend gems, but all my ressources and a lot of energy and time for this.. Shouldn't this game be fun? :-(

Sandeuro
11-29-13, 11:51 PM
And it still remains quiet on the other side.

Spelletje1
11-29-13, 11:55 PM
Quoting this because this would at least take the edge off my anger.

What is the third entry?

myndisue
11-30-13, 12:23 AM
I agree after seeing shat the 3rd on needs. There's no way I can get all of that. Makes me as mad as the turkey sheep goal. I don't own any sheep! Gee thanks!

Spelletje1
11-30-13, 12:45 AM
I agree after seeing shat the 3rd on needs. There's no way I can get all of that. Makes me as mad as the turkey sheep goal. I don't own any sheep! Gee thanks!

Where can I find the 3rd on needs?

Bongodrum
11-30-13, 03:23 AM
So I've just completed the second caravan sweepstake and see it now says its only open to US residents. I am not a resident there and am pretty sure these restrictions were not there yesterday. I did not read the terms and conditions. It's a game not a contract. I think this is a disgrace. So many of us have cleared out our inventories for nothing. Looks like TL are going to lose a lot of unhappy players here too unless they make amends.

maureenley
11-30-13, 03:38 AM
I've been playing this game for almost a year and enjoyed the challenges, this is the first time I have posted on the forum as yesterday left a very bad taste in my mouth when I realised the sweepstake was only for US citizens. Team Lava must do something to recompense the wasted resources from non US citizens. I will watch for a week if no reply then I wont be playing anymore.

poppelia
11-30-13, 06:39 AM
It is just not very nice of TL not to react at all, only by providing a disclaimer in game, so that they can avoid legal action. But all I want is apologies and a solution for everyone who joined so enthusiastically. We are very loyal to the game. Can TL not be loyal to us players? This is a PR SNAFU. The only thing good is the sense of community in this forums. But that is not thanks to TL.

poppelia
11-30-13, 06:41 AM
Also I would be a nice idea if it was possible to actually give your neighbors as much as you want them to give, out of your own inventory. Why not? That way we could at least help people out.

ratandrooster
11-30-13, 07:45 AM
oh dear. i just saw it's open to US residents only. I already am about 99% completed the 2nd one! how come i get to buy gems and stuff and spend my NON-US dollars but the sweepstakes are only open to US residents?
i am pissed off.

-Versailles on CS

ratandrooster
11-30-13, 07:46 AM
oh yes i CLEARED out my inventory too. not fair. of course it is my fault to not read the T&C but can't TL make it clear from day 1?

ratandrooster
11-30-13, 07:47 AM
ok i just saw it. my fault i didn't read clearly.
i got too excited.

ratandrooster
11-30-13, 07:48 AM
I'm not spending anymore real dollars (non US dollars btw which TL happily accepts) on this game anymore.

BriarAvenue
11-30-13, 08:00 AM
oh yes i CLEARED out my inventory too. not fair. of course it is my fault to not read the T&C but can't TL make it clear from day 1?
No, that is not our fault. They now have added back the restriction
Thinking that's enough to get away.
If they don't correct properly, not only can we stop using real money
But to give all TL game the worst ratings, and also go viral to inform everyone on internet
of their distasteful, dishonest way of management.

Seranda
11-30-13, 09:06 AM
Phew. I finished the first one. Glad I came and read this before I continued. I already started the second one. Once I saw 60 living wood I knew I'd never finish. I have enough troubles getting Living Wood as it is. I'm still struggling to upgrade my Deep Mines. Would have been nice if they at least had better rewards for the quests everyone so for the non US residents it's not just a waste of time and materials. (I live in Canada.)

newzealander
11-30-13, 09:30 AM
Why are TL still silent on this? The restriction has gone on, so they have seen our concerns. Yet no comment from them. Perhaps because it is Thanksgiving weekend in the US? (That would make sense since they clearly think no one outside about 46 states of the US plays this game!)

eepopp
11-30-13, 10:11 AM
If you completed any portion of the Caravan Sweepstakes event by using Gems, and then found out that you were ineligible to participate, I would strongly suggest that you file a Customer Service ticket.

In your ticket, you should:

1) Explain that you saw the in-game announcement for the Sweepstakes.
2) Started completing the quests
3) used Paid For Gems to accomplish/complete a portion or all of the Quest(s)
4) Saw a change in the Announcement or the In-Game Goals that the Sweepstakes was only available to US Residents with restrictions.

If the Customer Service department gets enough tickets from affected players, maybe Storm8/TeamLava will consider refunding the Gems of affected players.

I don't think that they would be able to restore any lost inventories though. I mean, they probably have the Customer Service tools to do it, but they just probably aren't staffed/prepared to restore the inventories of thousands of players manually. So from an operational perspective, since they can't do it for everyone, they won't do it for even one person.

So if you did spend Gems, I would recommend filing a Customer Support ticket.

123barb
11-30-13, 10:20 AM
NO LIVING WOOD...I have tapped on 2 sawmills and got only 1 living wood. Then I chopped down 1 willow plus one oak tree and got 0 that is zero living wood. There is no way I will get 60 living wood in caravan part 2 of 3. 20 energy and only 1 L W! What a waste of my time, energy and resources for an unattainable goal! Just like the Alicorn...I got 2 wings, but never a horn after trying for 10 months. I was 2.5 hours away from my goal to get a turkey chicken when the goal crashed 3 hours early.
amagic this game tests the limit of my frustration level.

gadel
11-30-13, 10:31 AM
How annoying! If it's only available for US residents only then why not state that clearly before we start doing the goals. Why even make it available for non US players? Not impressed at all

ghjvcucjb
11-30-13, 10:53 AM
Ugh! Can't get fang beasts or glimmer trolls to show up! The other day when I maxed on everything I couldn't take two steps in my kingdom without running into them. Now...crickets. Which would be fine if they dropped bones and creep tooth but no the crickets just cricket.

jimboser
11-30-13, 10:58 AM
I'm definitely sympathetic for those that jumped in and weren't eligible. But TL did post a link to the terms and conditions in the announcement graphic. Could they have spelled out more clearly who was eligible? Yes. In hindsight, I'm sure that they will likely do so next time. But the link there for details, in fact minutes after the announcement, there was a post here in this thread about the eligibility, it was there for all to read.

There are contest all the time that are only open to specific regions. Living into the US, I head promotions all the time on TV and radio with a disclaimer about being a certain age to enter, US resident, etc, etc. I'm sure that other countries have entities doing promotions with similar restrictions. And I know that this is just a game, but there prize here is gems, which have a real cash value. You can buy gems for real cash, so there is real value, and so TL has to set up their contest accordingly.

I have been to plenty of places that had raffle drawings for prizes, must be present to win. People buy their tickets, have their name or number called, they aren't there, they lose out. Do they get their money back for tickets? No. While it would be nice if TL were to 'refund' caravan items, I'm sure that this will not happen. They would need to have some way to verify if someone were eligible, and act accordingly, and I'm not sure that this is possible. Each caravan did give the player some compensation, and many will argue that this wasn't enough for the items loaded up, but thinks back to all of the he other caravans and challenges where you used lots and lots of items and got some paltry amount of coins for the effort, just to complete a challenge, this is the same thing. Players did get something for loading the caravans for their trouble, so the compensation has already happened. If you don't finish loading a caravan, and don't want the compensation, that's up to you.

I've failed at challenges before, and lost items. It sucks. But you play the game, tend your animals and plants, and you rebuild your inventory.

Anyone that reads the forums will know that I do get on here and bash TL from time to time about various problems with the game, but I need to defend them on this one, and from reading this thread I'm one of the few doing so. Maybe after this TL will think of another way to run a contest where all could be eligible, something that didn't involve gems so there is no cash value to worry about.

But for now, complaining more about this one isn't going to do any good. Let the contest run it's course, and then we can all move on from there.

rosym47
11-30-13, 12:08 PM
I also understand the position TL is in and I do not believe anyone will be compensated. However what upset me was that two days before the start of the Sweepstake, when it was announced, we were told EVERYONE could win. On that basis I and others entered. As there were restrictions we should not have been misled when the caravans were announced. This is what has upset many people. The restrictions should have been given out and players directed to the rules when this competition was first announced.
As for hearing from TL a few carefully chosen words as an acknowledgement of our concerns would be good.

tyram2012
11-30-13, 12:26 PM
I have been PLAYING for over a year and done all the goals and daily adventures but no ALICORN..today I gave in and bought it on sale with my hard earned gems..I am completing the caravans with no hope of winning the sweepstake but to have fun. What else would I do with stacks of petals, hide, glimmerdust, etc? Just play. The game is not going away. Dot spend money just take a deep breath and close the game then wait another hour and click. Your inventory will refill again. You are competing against yourselves..it's a game for patience and restraint..that is why no kids play these games..lol

crystalrayn3
11-30-13, 12:38 PM
I have been PLAYING for over a year and done all the goals and daily adventures but no ALICORN..today I gave in and bought it on sale with my hard earned gems..I am completing the caravans with no hope of winning the sweepstake but to have fun. What else would I do with stacks of petals, hide, glimmerdust, etc? Just play. The game is not going away. Dot spend money just take a deep breath and close the game then wait another hour and click. Your inventory will refill again. You are competing against yourselves..it's a game for patience and restraint..that is why no kids play these games..lol

Nicely said!

mmaniac
11-30-13, 01:08 PM
Hi All,

We hope you have a good holiday!

Here is what's going out tomorrow!

1) 7 EXPANSIONS will be released! (starts 11/28) UPDATE 11/27/13: Early holiday gift! Expansions are available now!
- Happy expanding =)

2) Sweepstakes Caravan (starts 11/29)
- Everyone has a shot at winning 1,000 FREE GEMS (10 winners will be selected at a later date)
- Complete the "Sweepstakes Caravan 1/3" Quest to enter
- There are a total of 3 Sweepstakes Caravan Quests. Completing 1 will enter you in once, completing 2 will enter you in twice, completing 3 will enter you in thrice

We also have sweet deals coming soon so be sure to log in

The above pasted from the other stick started . Clearly says everyone.

TL may be legally correct in what they are doing but clearly have broken the spirit of the game and lost the trust of many players!!! shame on you all TL.

sirenknight
11-30-13, 01:21 PM
Nice- I am a us resident even though I didn't know it was limited - but frankly there is almost no way possible to get all of the items needed for the third caravan in the time allowed. I'm an exceeded level 30 player for months. Knowing how you don't get stuff when you need it so you are forced to spend gems. I stopped reading the thread so I'm not sure if the third caravan requirements have been posted but 120 bones and 120 creep tooth?!? Even if you have 99 to start with not possible. Also 120 red petals. These are hard to get. Then here's the 80 wool after we just used it on all the turkey animals. And speaking of the bat habitat and the pergola- PLEASE PLEASE give us some expansion room for all this stuff.

butterball8509
11-30-13, 01:34 PM
Nice- I am a us resident even though I didn't know it was limited - but frankly there is almost no way possible to get all of the items needed for the third caravan in the time allowed. I'm an exceeded level 30 player for months. Knowing how you don't get stuff when you need it so you are forced to spend gems. I stopped reading the thread so I'm not sure if the third caravan requirements have been posted but 120 bones and 120 creep tooth?!? Even if you have 99 to start with not possible. Also 120 red petals. These are hard to get. Then here's the 80 wool after we just used it on all the turkey animals. And speaking of the bat habitat and the pergola- PLEASE PLEASE give us some expansion room for all this stuff.

Siren - maybe you missed it, but there are 7 new expansions. They won't come easy though, because most require one or more expansion permits.

And just an FYI - here's caravan 3 requirements that someone did post. I agree - the items from the monsters will be difficult. As someone said earlier, two days ago I couldn't move in my kingdom without bumping into a monster. No they are nowhere to be found.

Caravan Sweepstakes 3

Load Glimmerdust into the Caravan x 120

Majinga
11-30-13, 02:21 PM
120 bones
120 creep tooth
120 glimmerdust
120 purple petal
120 cocoa beans
80 red petal
80 glimmerbulb
80 wool
80 prime cut
80 truffle

For 3rd caravan

Majinga
11-30-13, 02:22 PM
Lol didn't see it had already been posted sorry for the spam

amerirish
11-30-13, 02:28 PM
Oh man, I wish I had read the part 3 requirements before even starting this dumb quest. I can't even gather enough hides for part 2 because I get maybe one out of every 6 cows I tap. How on Earth am I going to collect 80 truffles?? This is so unfair :(

papatya0
11-30-13, 02:37 PM
Oh, it's a game, agree, and I don't waste any tears or energy on this loss as it can be built up in time, if I even bother.

For TL to trick so many players to empty hard earned inventories in a sweepstakes we are not eligible to win is deceiving and unethical. Tl is not a small business and should be too good to ***** so many of us. Don't hide behind some tiny letters which don't even say who this challenge is made for. If they respected their players, all over the world, they would have made it clear when the goal came up. We were promised a surprise on Friday and was never told it was only for a few. I never dreamed that TL would only favor those living in US. If regulations only lets them have a sweepstakes for US states only, leave it be and don't put it out there!!

Many of us actually buy gems for real money and I like to spend mine in a way that gives me enjoyment and satisfaction. That's my reason for playing this game. To give gems and inventory right back to TL without any chance of getting something back gives me neither of that and I so regret giving my money to a company run in such unethical way.

Give us reimbursement for our losses and show us some respect. Either remove the sweepstakes all together or make it clear to all that it's only meant for a few. Are you really so close minded that you believe the world is centered around some states in the US?? The world is far larger than that - actually very much larger. So many of my neighbors entered this from other countries and all lost much of their inventories for nothing!

I'm posting to all my neighbors now to ask them to be aware of the rules of the sweepstakes. I always loved TL and my CS game, but this has made me think twice if I really want to continue this. You need to give respect to earn respect! Maybe it's time to use my hard earned cash on entertainment that treats us participants fair and square and companies which respect their customers!

Yes ......

Capper7
11-30-13, 03:48 PM
Bones - 83% (almost there; need to trigger monsters)
Creep tooth - 83% (almost there; need to trigger monsters)
Glimmerdust - 55% (have a bunch of Mushroom Circles; Glimmerdust Trove)
Purple petals - 38% (have 10 Rocket Larkspur plants)
Cocoa beans - 46% (growing them)
Glimmerbulb - completed
Red petals - 14/80 (best I can manage are Plants in Logs; not always Red Petal but sometimes Purple Petal or Glimmerdust)
Prime cuts - 22/80 (any suggestions?)
Wool - completed

Any suggestions - especially for Prime Cuts & Red Petals?

luke1100
11-30-13, 03:51 PM

Well said......totally agree.
If you are reading this and agree too then reply with quote as well.....the original is on page 10
TL....you really know how to loose respect and trust from us.....totally disgusted in how you have managed this !

homegrrrl
11-30-13, 04:52 PM
I finished the caravan quest this afternoon, after having spent real money on gems which I used for some skips and speed-ups, and after staying up pretty much all night to finish what I could. I am in the US but in New York. I read the disclaimer about having to be a resident of the continental US but I did not click on the link so I did not know that NY was not eligible until tonight when I logged on to the forums. Maybe TL could have been a little clearer, but I ultimately blame myself. So yes, now most of my inventory has been used up and I spent real money, but it's my fault. I learned for next time.

Annamaria87
11-30-13, 06:02 PM
Not sure if it has been addressed yet but here is my understanding of why the sweepstakes is the way it is - please remember this is from a long time ago when I studied FCC law. A sweepstakes is tightly regulated in the United States. There are very strict laws dictating what is a sweepstakes versus a contest. Any sweepstakes run by a US company can only be entered by US citizens. Someone, probably a lawyer, gave TL guidelines. I worked for a broadcast station and everyone contest and promotion had to be reviewed by our lawyers to ensure they were not a sweepstakes. Any misstep resulted in pricy fines and possible loss of license. I trust and hope that TL looked carefully at this promotion before they posted it. I am sorry that people outside of the US are not able to play.

On a personal note - any inventory that is emptied can always be refilled. That is half the fun. But I draw the line at 120 creeptooth and bones. They are just too hard to come by. Thanks TL for an interesting Thanksgiving!

GeorgeK
11-30-13, 08:00 PM
Dear TeamLava...

I don't know who is in charge of marketing, however, I would like to apply for the position.

Thanksgiving time is a time to GIVE thanks. Rather than all this craziness with this whole sweepstakes thing and everything, especially with a good number of your consumers not being able to participate, here's a novel idea....

We give to you all year by purchasing gems, writing reviews, and advertising via word of mouth. You ought to use this time of year to GIVE back to us. Just imagine if you just plain out gave EVERYONE a handful (perhaps 25) gems, with a pop up that said, "Happy Thanksgiving, we at TeamLava would like to thank you for your support and for playing our games." Do you have any idea how far that would go!?

A little goes a long way.

ragingray
11-30-13, 09:01 PM

Yep, finished quest one, and then reading the top of quest two found out i not eligable either....Why the hell put up a goal that I'm not eligable for. This needs a answer from TL direct please Mods do not answer on their behalf, i effectively wasted my time for 25k coins, yea cause the 600k i got already needs more.
Guess what i'm going to rate this game poorly IF there is not direct response or compensation for this "Goal"

mikkifabulous
11-30-13, 11:02 PM
Dear TeamLava,
I have been an avid player of your games for 2+ years now (and Castle Story for over a year). Though I read the forums occasionally, I have never felt the need to join and add my two cents until just now. Though I am in a state where I am eligible to enter (give all my inventory to) the Caravan Sweepstakes, I will not be participating in it. Seems to me like an underhanded ploy to get everyone to clear out our inventories so that next week you can spring another timed quest on us! Only then, no one would have enough creep tooth, prime cuts or whatever rare items will be required. And thats exactly what you're hoping for, I guess. Worse, who knows how many people were duped into this quest because the rules weren't clear?
Still, I love the game. But this has left a bad taste in my mouth and honestly, if this kind of thing continues I don't know how much longer I'll be playing.
Thank you for the expansions anyway.

Castloninian
11-30-13, 11:50 PM
Bones - 83% (almost there; need to trigger monsters)
Creep tooth - 83% (almost there; need to trigger monsters)
Glimmerdust - 55% (have a bunch of Mushroom Circles; Glimmerdust Trove)
Purple petals - 38% (have 10 Rocket Larkspur plants)
Cocoa beans - 46% (growing them)
Glimmerbulb - completed
Red petals - 14/80 (best I can manage are Plants in Logs; not always Red Petal but sometimes Purple Petal or Glimmerdust)
Prime cuts - 22/80 (any suggestions?)
Wool - completed

Any suggestions - especially for Prime Cuts & Red Petals?

Not without spending gems. The black sheep always gives prime cut and Red trillium always gives red petals but they cost something like 180 and 35 gems? Other than that I think it will be impossible, so I would stop loading things on until you know you're going to do it.

clarkstonia
12-01-13, 12:53 AM
Does anyone know if when the caravan quest expires, will we receive our items back if it's not completed? Especially since our item max is 99?

shambalaya
12-01-13, 01:48 AM
Does anyone know if when the caravan quest expires, will we receive our items back if it's not completed? Especially since our item max is 99?

Unfortunately not, once items are loaded onto the caravan you can't get them back

kismet671
12-01-13, 02:03 AM

Which states are not eligible or where can I find that information?!? I live in Georgia, USA. Help?!? I've nearly completed the 2nd caravan (hides are my issue, everything else is finished except mushrooms & just waiting for energy to grab those). Am I eligible?!?

BriarAvenue
12-01-13, 02:16 AM
Now they introduce notice of cyber sales launched tomorrow?
Couldn't wait to see how many of us will take the bait after your master sweepstake!

mymummy789
12-01-13, 03:25 AM

I also did the first two sweepstakes, even though I am in the UK. It is rather nice to see items going into my inventory again instead of the usual "you cannot store any more....".

dala12
12-01-13, 04:28 AM
Wow, I am glad to go on this forum before I enter the goal. I am not a us resident. Hope you all got everything back!

ab6249
12-01-13, 04:42 AM
The red petals can be found in the Valentine's day bushes. You can craft them in the Love Shack, if you have one.

dragoniakingdom
12-01-13, 05:07 AM
Which states are not eligible or where can I find that information?!? I live in Georgia, USA. Help?!? I've nearly completed the 2nd caravan (hides are my issue, everything else is finished except mushrooms & just waiting for energy to grab those). Am I eligible?!?

The official first post on this thread now has a link to the Rules & Terms & Conditions which show the areas of the USA that can partake in the sweepstake.

weewifey
12-01-13, 08:40 AM
Well said......totally agree.
If you are reading this and agree too then reply with quote as well.....the original is on page 10
TL....you really know how to loose respect and trust from us.....totally disgusted in how you have managed this !

I've not been on forum last couple of days. Just read this, is it true? I'm on part 3 of this quest and only a couple of bones left to hand in to finish it. I'm in uk... Have I seriously been playing like crazy last couple of days for nothing? Handed in all my items.. For nothing? Seriously... ?

jessicattt
12-01-13, 08:50 AM
I've not been on forum last couple of days. Just read this, is it true? I'm on part 3 of this quest and only a couple of bones left to hand in to finish it. I'm in uk... Have I seriously been playing like crazy last couple of days for nothing? Handed in all my items.. For nothing? Seriously... ?

Unfortunately yes :( I am also in the uk but only wasted my items on caravan one before I realised what was going on.

jptheripper
12-01-13, 09:16 AM
IM in Florida, so not eligible. Still doing the sweepstakes b/c its a game, costs nothing, and supplies will refill. Its a challenge and its fun. I would have done a caravan quest even if there was no sweepstakes.

My suggestion to TL would be for those not eligible for the sweepstakes but who completed the caravans be given so cool decoration or something.

weewifey
12-01-13, 09:19 AM
Unfortunately yes :( I am also in the uk but only wasted my items on caravan one before I realised what was going on.

Wow.. I can't believe it. What's the point in giving us the quest then? Surely only those who are allowed to do this quest should have it in their menu. Nightmare. Thanks for the reply Hun.

weewifey
12-01-13, 09:22 AM
IM in Florida, so not eligible. Still doing the sweepstakes b/c its a game, costs nothing, and supplies will refill. Its a challenge and its fun. I would have done a caravan quest even if there was no sweepstakes.

My suggestion to TL would be for those not eligible for the sweepstakes but who completed the caravans be given so cool decoration or something.
Oh but it does cost time. I wouldn't normally care but it was my birthday yesterday and I choose to stay home to try and finish these quests. Had I have known there was no end prize I wouldn't have.

JayUK69
12-01-13, 11:42 AM
I have no problem not being eligible to win the sweepstakes, even though it was stated at first that "everyone" had a chance to win. My gripe is that it wasn't pointed out from the start that it would have limited eligibility, which would have saved so many of us from wasting so many resources pointlessly.

desele
12-01-13, 01:40 PM
Hear, hear!

From north of 49.

kooky panda
12-01-13, 02:39 PM
Hey guys, I understand everyone is really frustrated with this new sweepstakes but please keep your posts constructive and please follow the forum rules (http://forum.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Forum-Rules-amp-Policies) when posting so this thread can remain open.

This includes not discussing moderator actions like thread/posts removed.

Please note that Thursday and Friday was a US holiday . There is limited TL staff on over weekends and Holidays.

The concerns over the sweepstakes was sent over to the community managers by Mod Maguar and I am sure we will get some feedback when they get back on the forum.

CoalCountry
12-01-13, 02:43 PM
I'm almost finished with Caravan 2. I would like to be preparing for Caravan 3, but there is no list of items for Caravan 3 on this thread. Please post a list as soon as possible! THANK YOU! 🌹

meme1098
12-01-13, 02:45 PM
I'm almost finished with Caravan 2. I would like to be preparing for Caravan 3, but there is no list of items for Caravan 3 on this thread. Please post a list as soon as possible! THANK YOU! ��

Post #45 on page 5

JayUK69
12-01-13, 02:45 PM
I'm almost finished with Caravan 2. I would like to be preparing for Caravan 3, but there is no list of items for Caravan 3 on this thread. Please post a list as soon as possible! THANK YOU! ��

First post on page 18

morgaine2005
12-01-13, 02:57 PM
In TL's defense, I am reasonably sure that if they were allowed to make this an international, worldwide sweepstakes, they would have. I blame the lawyers (or really, the lawMAKERS) for the restrictions.

That being said, there were any number of spoonfuls of sugar they could have used to help the medicine go down. They could have been clearer about the restrictions from the beginning. Or, even better? They could have given out worthwhile rewards for the caravans. Not 25,000 piddling coins, because you can get that from a monster hunter trade. A cool decorative item, an extremely rare item or items (like Adamant), gem items or animals, a second chance for the turkey animals, straight-up gems (like for the Rich Windbag Caravan) ... There really is no end to the possibilities. I would have forked out items for the caravan, despite being ineligible for the contest, if I could get something worthwhile out of it.

As it is, the contest reeks of unfairness and (which is perhaps worse) ineptitude. Somebody really didn't think this through. And that makes you wonder ... What else aren't they thinking through?

poppelia
12-01-13, 03:08 PM
Still ignoring the players on this subject. I must consider to stop playing, shame because I like the game, but I do not think that its a very good thing that they keep ignoring this discussion.

papatya0
12-01-13, 04:41 PM
Still ignoring the players on this subject. I must consider to stop playing, shame because I like the game, but I do not think that its a very good thing that they keep ignoring this discussion.

Yes you are so right

BriarAvenue
12-01-13, 08:16 PM
Yes you are so right

Not only that, but I am not sure it's coincident or deliberate because of my posts here.
Just now I got the burning amber from the last adventure, and I proceeded with making the potion,
But I was short on coal, so need to wait for the diamond glass, and I sent knight for another Glimmergate adventure.
However when I started the game after back home, there was another adventure ready for collection.
But my burning amber is now gone, and the potion shop gave the enchanter's lotion which I collected already an hour ago.
Funny is that the rock, little rock and iron enriched rock I mined to collect coal are also gone.

Nice try TL! Is that what you guys really are?

BriarAvenue
12-01-13, 08:21 PM
Also strange is that after I played candy blast n return to CS,
it said my internet connection had problem, but I could access safari via the public free wifi!

marse66
12-01-13, 10:51 PM
Everyone has to get a grip on what Castle Story really is... It's a GAME !! Both my grandchildren play this game and they are 5 & 8... I am teaching them the rewards by crafting, collecting materials to build and expand and they are having a great time. Thank goodness they don't know about this site.. Shame on all of you for posting anything negative.. So what if were not included in a sweepstake. I would never allow a sweepstake or lottery to guide me in making decisions. Here we have a bunch of people (TL) working on many different games trying to find ways to keep us entertained and lately people are complaining the goals are taking too many resources, it takes too many trade tickets and so on... Isn't that the point of it all... What would you say if TL decided to shut down the game, then what?

BriarAvenue
12-01-13, 11:24 PM
Everyone has to get a grip on what Castle Story really is... It's a GAME !! Both my grandchildren play this game and they are 5 & 8... I am teaching them the rewards by crafting, collecting materials to build and expand and they are having a great time. Thank goodness they don't know about this site.. Shame on all of you for posting anything negative.. So what if were not included in a sweepstake. I would never allow a sweepstake or lottery to guide me in making decisions. Here we have a bunch of people (TL) working on many different games trying to find ways to keep us entertained and lately people are complaining the goals are taking too many resources, it takes too many trade tickets and so on... Isn't that the point of it all... What would you say if TL decided to shut down the game, then what?

What so shameful to just speak the truth pls? There wouldn't be any negative posting on this forum if TL do things properly.
You don't mind the sweepstake, neither do I. I treat it as a game too, but that won't mean I need to accept other's wrong doing and pretend it's ok. Game has rules that everybody plays by, and those rules must be fair and clear. A card game is also a game, but if you play trick, that is *****ing, no a game anymore.

rosym47
12-01-13, 11:53 PM
Everything that needs to be said, from every point of view, has been said on this subject so I am going to move on. What will i take from this? 1 . Make sure I know of and read the rules beforehand. 2 . Never enter a TL sweepstake again. 3. Christmas is coming so don't spend resources, gems or cash on any " special offers" unless they are special before the Christmas stuff comes out.
So in the Hope that TL will give us something really wonderful to end the year I am refilling my inventories with sparkly stuff, chocolate, petals and food.
Glass half full again for me!

eepopp
12-02-13, 12:51 AM
So in the Hope that TL will give us something really wonderful to end the year I am refilling my inventories with sparkly stuff, chocolate, petals and food.

I'll drink to that.

In addition to what you're stocking up on, I'm also stocking up on Silver (might need to forge silver bells?) and Sugar (might need to make candy canes or pour some sugar on some fairies...to make sugar plum fairies,heh).

judyluvs
12-02-13, 01:05 AM
It's 3:00 AM and I just found out that the fine print reveals that as a resident of NEW YORK that I am excluded from the Sweepstakes. I spent the whole weekend or more playing the game to load the caravans up: I earned two entries and am 3/4's toward the third - all that effort for nothing?!? TeamLava, I'm so disappointed. Even though it's low chance of winning, to find out it's really NO CHANCE is crazy. Just reward me for playing - I don't play to be FRUSTRATED by some stupid gimmick like this!

rosym47
12-02-13, 01:40 AM
It's 3:00 AM and I just found out that the fine print reveals that as a resident of NEW YORK that I am excluded from the Sweepstakes. I spent the whole weekend or more playing the game to load the caravans up: I earned two entries and am 3/4's toward the third - all that effort for nothing?!? TeamLava, I'm so disappointed. Even though it's low chance of winning, to find out it's really NO CHANCE is crazy. Just reward me for playing - I don't play to be FRUSTRATED by some stupid gimmick like this!
That you only just found out about this is sad did you see the disclaimer? Anyway well done for getting so far I could not have done that, you must be an awesome player.

madcool8
12-02-13, 02:35 AM

I agree. Although I found out a few days ago and ONLY because of this forum! I was already 90% done with Part 2 of this sweepstakes before I read that NY wasn't part of it. I saw that it was only open to US residence, but then found out that it excluded NY? Come on.. Teamlava this is a complete joke. It's bad enough that we are using all the materials just for a "chance" to win 1000 gems.. but to hide all those exclusion in a disclaimer WHICH isn't even linked to in the popup! What kind of scam is this? Honestly this REALLY made me want to quit the game. Way to piss everyone off TL!

meme1098
12-02-13, 07:16 AM
Someone can't read a calendar either since today is Monday, December 2nd not Monday, December 3rd!

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u522/gloria1098/th_04d2195687555102eb99b9e8cf86ff16_zps4bdc4235.jp g (http://s1320.photobucket.com/albums/u522/gloria1098/?action=view&current=04d2195687555102eb99b9e8cf86ff16_zps4bdc42 35.jpg)

This so-called sweepstakes has been a bust from the start.

meme1098
12-02-13, 07:17 AM
Oops ...copied the wrong link. Oh well, you get the picture.

bigtail2
12-02-13, 07:35 AM
Argh, just found out that I am one of the unlucky ineligible ones. I want my stuff back!

jimboser
12-02-13, 07:55 AM
Well, I got my 3rd caravan fully loaded and shipped off, collected the bonus coins for my effort. It was a fun challenge, and the coin/experience payout was in line with other similar challenges.

Restocking for the Christmas goals.

Em_storm
12-02-13, 08:37 AM

I'll drink to that.

In addition to what you're stocking up on, I'm also stocking up on Silver (might need to forge silver bells?) and Sugar (might need to make candy canes or pour some sugar on some fairies...to make sugar plum fairies,heh).

Hear, hear!

JillyReb
12-02-13, 08:55 AM
Darn it! I live in Florida and just realized not eligible. I've completed 99% of the 2nd caravan. :(

shawnsdragonworld
12-02-13, 09:33 AM
I live in Florida too and was almost finished with the 3rd caravan. Disappointed doesn't even come close to describing how I feel about this BS. If we're not compensated some how then I'm deleting ALL eight of my TeamLava games for good!

luminariaflora
12-02-13, 10:21 AM
Where have the monsters gone?? Has anyone else noticed that when you need something, it suddenly becomes scarce? I need a few more bones and teeth to finish the last caravan, and suddenly I can't find a monster to save my life. I have tried all my normal tricks, planting crops that they like, harvesting a bunch at once, collecting a ton of mushrooms, emptying my mines at the same time, etc. and there are NO monsters. Would just figure with less than 24 hours left for the sweepstakes.

ghjvcucjb
12-02-13, 10:33 AM
This morning when I opened my game, I had 40 energy plus Alicorn 40 energy plus two fully upgraded schools 18 energy plus adventure 11(?) AND NOT ONE BEAST!!!!!!! Ive needed 6 more creep tooth for two days and have only seen a small handful of beasts but no creep tooth. What does a ruler need to do to get some silly teeth?

bigtail2
12-02-13, 11:19 AM
I have also been feverishly searching for monsters to complete the third caravan....and then found out I am also excluded from the sweepstakes. Of course, unless you are one of the lucky ten there isn't much reason to finish anyway.

This whole thing just stinks of gem grab to me and I am seriously considering shutting it down. It's too bad, because I really liked this game.

jimboser
12-02-13, 11:27 AM
I was able to get the fangbeasts by collecting from my animals as much as possible, and planting loads of strawberries. Kept my kitchens and Royal Exchange as busy as possible to use these up, but still ran over 99 a few times. In the end, I was able to make the caravan.

Be sure you don't have a monster hiding somewhere! Look for the foggy area around them, check all areas of your kingdom to be sure, they will sometimes hide just off the map a small bit, and they blend in well. It would suck to have a monster you didn't notice keeping the ones you need from appearing.

ghjvcucjb
12-02-13, 11:48 AM
Same here Jimboser. All I've been planting is red stuff, maxed on everything. Have all animals herded together and only collect when I can do them all at once. No other beasts in my kingdom. I did get a couple yesterday but they didn't drop any teeth. C'est la vie in CS world.

FYI: I was made aware that the sweepstakes exclusions included several US states prior to starting the first caravan. I assumed the excluded states included my state because it usually does. Getting anything shipped to Hawaii is harder than...finding creep tooth during a time limit creep tooth contest. And most contest, lotteries, etc only apply in the lower 48. So, i just wrote off the contest before i even started. But I still went ahead with it because what else is there for me (and I'm only talking about me) to do? I've been maxed out of everything for so long that I'm unable to use up all my energy because I can't collect anymore. I was able to do all but one of the new expansions in less than 24 hours. I had close to 600 trade tickets. These caravans reactivated my kingdom. It would be nice if we got some kind of banner or decoration at the end but I said the same about the badges, wish we got something to display.

Gardienn
12-02-13, 03:09 PM
I don't need the cash or experience from completing all three sweepstakes caravans so I only did the first one. The likelihood of being that one in ten is next to nil, so I'm not wasting extra resources.

I appreciate the recent goals we've been given, but if not all players can partake in the earnings (sweepstakes), this should be clearly identified up front, Even more so, if anyone in other countries can buy gems, they should also be able to win them.

TeamLava could have given this lot of gems to anyone wherever they reside, in the same manner Sir Piggie and the purple cow give gems. They instead opted to make this an official sweepstakes, subject to legalities, by naming a cash prize equivalent (value of $50 for 1000 gems, $500 for the total event). The only reason they'd do that is to deduct a $500 off their taxes in a way that cost them nothing. I'm disappointed in TL.

Mixed feelings on this one, I have. :/

lady_n66
12-02-13, 04:29 PM
Woohoo! I finished!
But...what's next???
:confused:

Mishkay19
12-02-13, 04:53 PM
Should see caravan 3!
120 bones,
120glimmer dust
120 cocoa beans,
120 creep tooth,
120 purple petals
80 red petals,
80 truffles,
80 wool
80 prime cuts.

All in next 13 hours. Not happening without spending real money... And that IS unlikely for all us poor, lesser non USA citizens..................

jptheripper
12-02-13, 04:56 PM
im a usa citizen and still not eligible, yet i am doing it just for the challenge since its fun and free.

I have 12 bones and 14 teeth to go. Gonna be tight since ill be sleeping.

olcastle
12-02-13, 04:56 PM
What does a ruler need to do to get some silly teeth?

A ruler need to harvest more strawberries.

Mishkay19
12-02-13, 05:15 PM
Not only that, but I am not sure it's coincident or deliberate because of my posts here.
Just now I got the burning amber from the last adventure, and I proceeded with making the potion,
But I was short on coal, so need to wait for the diamond glass, and I sent knight for another Glimmergate adventure.
However when I started the game after back home, there was another adventure ready for collection.
But my burning amber is now gone, and the potion shop gave the enchanter's lotion which I collected already an hour ago.
Funny is that the rock, little rock and iron enriched rock I mined to collect coal are also gone.

Nice try TL! Is that what you guys really are?

Well, I got my 3rd caravan fully loaded and shipped off, collected the bonus coins for my effort. It was a fun challenge, and the coin/experience payout was in line with other similar challenges.

Restocking for the Christmas goals.

im a usa citizen and still not eligible, yet i am doing it just for the challenge since its fun and free.

I have 12 bones and 14 teeth to go. Gonna be tight since ill be sleeping.
Good luck! Pity we can't help out and send ya some as have this many spare but way too many to go to achieve full caravan. Got to agree - enjoy the challenge but need sleep!

ginrae22
12-02-13, 05:25 PM
Shoot the third round is a doozy! I pretty much don't even have half of any of the items.

PikaSquirrel
12-02-13, 05:54 PM
We want to clarify a few things. This Sweepstakes will end at 12:00 a.m. PST on December 3, 2013. Please disregard the end date information mentioned in the in-game notification where it states a different date.

No purchase is necessary for this Sweepstakes in Castle Story. Purchases will not increase your odds of winning as stated in the official rules. Purchases will not enter you into the Sweepstakes. Please see "How to Enter" in the official rules. We apologize for the misinformation.

We apologize for the inconvenience, please go by the information stated in our official rules for this Sweepstakes here. These rules will supercede any other information posted/displayed about this Sweepstakes:
http://www.storm8.com/rules/castlestory

jptheripper
12-02-13, 07:00 PM
wait. That is in 6 hours. My in game timer for the quest says 11 hours. Which is it? There is no way people can be required to come to the forum to find that out. The in game timer has to be accurate.

PikaSquirrel
12-02-13, 07:17 PM
Please go by the official rules in http://www.storm8.com/rules/castlestory. The Sweepstakes will end at 12:00 a.m. PST on December 3, 2013. Thank you.

marse66
12-02-13, 08:53 PM
Hi TL just waiting for the next updat... I think you guys are doing a great job... Don't listen to all of the complaints.. Constructive feedback is always a good thing and this is how games improve but constant bickering sure doesn't make it a good days work. You guys should start a thread for complaints only so that we can keep the threads related to updates just that. Thank you for giving me something to look forward to each day.

maz3girl
12-02-13, 09:02 PM
I did the first 2 but knew i would run out of time to complete the third so just left it go. Until my daughter went into my game today and clicked on everything in the window. Lol so now I have half of them fulfilled and the rest about half way with no possibly way to finish. *sigh*

jptheripper
12-02-13, 09:19 PM
I'm actually not concerned about the sweepstakes, as long as I have the few extra hours for the quest

Oliver118
12-02-13, 11:47 PM
Only open to US residents? TL might have wanted to have stated that clearly and not even made it available in other countries. So, I've wasted all of my inventory for the first and the best part of the second caravan.

Who wants 1000 gems anyway, they'll be drained within a few hours with the constant gem traps anyway.

True. Though it would be enough to get you:
-Alicorn
-Turkey Cow
-Turkey Chicken
-Turkey Pig
-Turkey Sheep
-Lemon Tree
-Apple Tree
-Orange Tree
-Royal Manor
etc.

cad33
12-03-13, 05:25 AM
I just blew all my remaining gems finishing up caravan 3. It was all the teeth and bones. That will teach me to allow a monster to just sit in the corner of my kingdom for weeks on end (I often find the monsters annoying and tedious) though they do provide teeth and bones. Still, I had to not finish a quest in front of me. I now need 351 more gems to buy my darn Barracks. What would I do if I win? Buy the darn Barracks. And the Fortune teller. And maybe an Alicorn, since I missed that quest, if I had enough gems.

fanobi
12-03-13, 06:20 AM
I agree this is appallingly misleading of Storm 8, more fool me for not reading the terms and conditions on a game! I was 3/4 of the way through caravan 3 when it expired taking all of my hard earned loot with it and now I find out I wasn't even eligible! Seriously thinking it's time to move on from storm 8 games.

journeysmom
12-03-13, 08:06 AM
While I finished the third quest, I did have to spend a few gems (maybe 9), mostly because I suspected timer issues. (based on past issues). Who can tell if the stated end time is real or not? It seems like most often the end time is wrong. To me that is inexcusable....if the programers can create this game, why can they not be accurate about the end time? The crashes on my game are so frequent that it also figured into spending gems.

I love this game, but the programing issues are very disappointing, especially since they seem so basic. I will not be one of those that threaten to leave, since TL probably could care less. I will probably wander off to another game and spend money there, leaving CS in the background, hoping programing issues resolve.

jptheripper
12-03-13, 08:36 AM
I complete caravan (13 gems to finish) with 2 mins to go at 7am EDT

This conflicts with the terms, as it should have been 3am (12am PDT)

When I completed it I got a popup that said congrats, you got a 3rd entry. If this is false, I believe that yes it's an inexcusable programming error that the quest times and sweepstakes times don't line up (and yes, I am a Programmer IRL).

ghjvcucjb
12-03-13, 10:10 AM
For the first time ever I finished a goal with gems. I only had 2% of the creep tooth left and was worried about the different ending times on my clock and on yesterday's time correction statement. Add my time zone difference and I decided not to take a chance. Not even five minutes after I used three gems to finish the last two creep tooth, a half a dozen beast and trolls showed up and I had a plethora of teeth. Classic. But at least my bone and creep tooth are starting to replenish.

shawnsdragonworld
12-03-13, 03:41 PM
Well I just deleted castle story and city story. Fed up! The sweepstakes that I did and dont even qualify for made me forget about upgrading the harvest pergola one last time and now I can't finish upgrading it because the fall leaves aren't even available from trees anymore. So I was screwed over in more than one way with this sweepstakes scam. What a total disappointment and waste of time. I'll be deleting the rest of my TL games as soon as my son gives me the okay since he plays the others too.

PikaSquirrel
12-03-13, 04:12 PM
We apologize for players who were not eligible for this Sweepstake Caravan event.

We'll see what we can do!

400cain
12-03-13, 04:25 PM
a huge thanks for the fast one who stop me from wasting my time with the second caravan👍 i wish i had read it before i started the first useless item drain😩

PikaSquirrel
12-03-13, 04:58 PM
Thank you for participating in the Sweepstake Caravan quests! We will have a surprise for all of you in-game shortly!