PDA

View Full Version : Good fails (?)

dragonitel
11-28-13, 10:49 AM
Well I don't know if there is a thread about this (if there is, I'm sorry) I just wanted to talk about something that rarely happens ;)

Anyway, has happened to any of you that you were trying to bread a dragon, and then you get a fail, but the fail is actually better than what you were trying to get? if so, what has been your better 'fail'?

For example, a few weeks ago, I was trying to breed the Skeleton Dragon (with Peacock and Sunrise) and got a Leopard fail, which was awesome; and just now I was trying to breed a Medusa Dragon (with Mythic and Familiar) and got a Cornucopia Dragon :D

How about you?

Skip2TheEnd
11-28-13, 11:10 AM
Recently got a vampire when trying for raven.

jus7_me89
11-28-13, 12:02 PM
i got LOTS of great fails:

- vampire when trying for raven
- moon when trying dark steel
- summer when trying for diamond
- chrome when trying for diamond
- rainbow when trying for diamond
- leopard when trying for skeleton
- mythic when trying for pumpkin
- mistmooth when trying for raven
- goblin when trying for spider
- super when trying for spider
- illusion when trying for raven

Lorgalis
11-28-13, 12:25 PM
Most of my dragons I got with fails ... - I changed strategy because of that: Now I am breeding three or four different combos, repeat them, until the dragons I do not have appear in the Nest. Wanting a dragon does not work, but chaotic breeding does ^^.

fuzkinz
11-28-13, 03:10 PM
I tried to get an Ice Age by breeding Mistmoth with Winter, but I got a Social!!! It was a verrrry good surprise! I've web. Trying for social for weeks before...

SaphireTheDragon
11-28-13, 03:15 PM
Love this idea, happens to me all the time lol.
A few of my best ones are:

Getting Mercury from trying to get Social with Diamond/Mist
Got a Mirage fail while trying for Diamond
A Mask fail from a random Deep/Naga
A Wraith, Leopard, and Headless fail trying for Skeleton
A Equinox fail while trying for a Hunter/Troll dragon with Night/Forest, etc.

elwood99
11-28-13, 04:10 PM
I do not know how to start about 80% of my rares and super rares are from fails.

SecretTarth
11-29-13, 07:40 AM
Diamond breeding Aurora and Mythic trying for Medusa (which I still haven't gotten) :( :D

danni7788
11-29-13, 08:00 AM
Just got Hanukkah first try, trying for double rainbow!

fuzkinz
11-29-13, 05:51 PM
If you're still trying to get Social, I got it and all it took was Winter and Mistmoth :)

sfallday
11-29-13, 10:56 PM
I was trying for moon and got wraith woot. On iOS didn't succeed in summoning it

JustKay
11-30-13, 05:35 AM
I got two goblins trying for spider, but I was kind of hoping for that. I always try to breed for maximum possibilities :)

But the cake has to go to me breeding for Skeleton. I heard someone talking about using diamond hybrids to boost rare breeding so I used a Gold Dragon (Air+Diamond) and a Luck dragon, and out popped an Anubis dragon! Yay, saved me going through many twenty hour Magic dragon fails.

Justchilling0024
12-04-13, 09:23 AM
For me going for cyber used metal and equinox and got a 44 hour timer yay first with that combo
Going for skeleton got a wraith. And does any one know why I still have bump in the night goal for skeleton but that dragon has been removed

sunkalito
12-04-13, 09:25 AM
i was trying for one of the royals and got Gold dragon. :)

danni7788
12-04-13, 11:40 AM
Threw together quetzal and lightning hoping for kite or flower and got gold then falling leaf :)

cedkugedchgd
12-04-13, 11:53 AM
i was trying for tiger's eye with gold and onyx and got mercury :)

threw together diamond x night and got anubis xD

did diamond x stone and got 5 angels :'D

mythic x diamond gave me a gold!

anubis x lotus gave me a dark angel :D

illusion x unicorn gave me another dark angel!