PDA

View Full Version : Closing RS app or leave it running?

Unregistered
01-09-11, 04:43 PM
Are there any differences if i leave the app running or if i close it?
ie. in terms of earning money and/or foods serve rate?

also i noticed that if i run out of food to serve, and i just close the app, the happiness rating doesnt drop, so why do people put chairs at the doors to block customers?

Unregistered
01-09-11, 05:09 PM
Are there any differences if i leave the app running or if i close it?
ie. in terms of earning money and/or foods serve rate?

also i noticed that if i run out of food to serve, and i just close the app, the happiness rating doesnt drop, so why do people put chairs at the doors to block customers?

Closing the app wont affect your game... food will still be eaten, and when you open the app up again you will get a message saying how many coins your earned while you were away.

People block their door so that they can cook and stockpile food. I am one of those who like to block the door. I enjoy watching my food pile up, it just gives me another way to play the game. You can also block your door if you dont have any food on your counters, and dont have any food ready to serve, so that your happiness stays at 100. But it really doesn't take long to get your happiness level back to 100 if you choose not to block your door. Some people will say that blocking their door is a waste of time, and that is just the way that they play the game. Whether you block your door is completely up to you, and how you want to play the game.

Unregistered
01-10-11, 11:37 AM
Closing the app wont affect your game... food will still be eaten, and when you open the app up again you will get a message saying how many coins your earned while you were away.

People block their door so that they can cook and stockpile food. I am one of those who like to block the door. I enjoy watching my food pile up, it just gives me another way to play the game. You can also block your door if you dont have any food on your counters, and dont have any food ready to serve, so that your happiness stays at 100. But it really doesn't take long to get your happiness level back to 100 if you choose not to block your door. Some people will say that blocking their door is a waste of time, and that is just the way that they play the game. Whether you block your door is completely up to you, and how you want to play the game.

The two times I blocked the door to "stockpile" food, I lost the food upon reopening. Just as a warning, who knows when this glitch hits. I complained about it last week, got blasted at on the forum from some unknown for complaining, and now that it is not happening to me I see it is still happening to others.

I have no idea why it doesn't happen to all of us at the same time, instead it seems to pick us out randomly. I for one will not be blocking the door, as I do not want the stockpile to deplete instantly upon reopening which is what happened to me last week. Just my opinion of course. Others have been luckier than I in the blocking door experience.

Unregistered
01-10-11, 01:20 PM
The two times I blocked the door to "stockpile" food, I lost the food upon reopening. Just as a warning, who knows when this glitch hits. I complained about it last week, got blasted at on the forum from some unknown for complaining, and now that it is not happening to me I see it is still happening to others.

I have no idea why it doesn't happen to all of us at the same time, instead it seems to pick us out randomly. I for one will not be blocking the door, as I do not want the stockpile to deplete instantly upon reopening which is what happened to me last week. Just my opinion of course. Others have been luckier than I in the blocking door experience.

I've lost food before when I get that out of sync message. I lose food if I hit ok and let it refresh

BUT

I've since found that if instead of doing anything....don't touch the message! I exit the game...closing all the way out. Then when I re enter all my goods are safe!

id:FatFondant
03-07-11, 06:34 PM

I've had the same problem while trying to block the door with the chair and the service desk thing. Every time I went back my food would be gone. I figured out that it was that the back of the chair needed to be up against the door. I hope this helps you

Unregistered
03-07-11, 11:17 PM
Doesn't matter whether you leave it running or not. The server is doing all of the math behind the scenes and when it syncs up it will always win. When a connection loss occurs whether it be your device or the server is too busy to handle a request, if things become far enough out of sync it will restore the game state to what it calculated it should be. If it wasn't so it would be very easy to ***** using 3rd party tools.
The server errs on the side of caution at the expense of lost food. Yeah TeamLava could handle this better but they seem too busy developing other 'Stories'

I call this one TeamLava Story. The one where the game plays you!