PDA

View Full Version : What is the point of having 100 neighbors?

zZ_guera_Zz
11-27-13, 10:08 PM
I know that in order to expand, TL requires you to have a certain amount of neighbors, so that's obviously one reason. But when you can only receive twenty gifts a day and get back twenty requests, it just doesn't make such sense to me to have much more than twenty neighbors.
It's pretty annoying when I have a neighbor who's tables are always full and so are their gifts. It's a wasted trip most often when i visit them, not to mention that they don't gift as much as my other neighbors, bec they don't get a gift from me bec they're constantly maxed before i can send.
I see no added benefit from having 80 neighbors other than the extra tips you'd get, but you'd have to tip back so many more people, is it really worth it after all?

MizCricket
11-28-13, 05:55 AM
It's not worth it to me. I only keep the max # of nbrs needed for expansion and when I'm done expanding fully I delete everyone who has stopped playing. Usualky leaves me with less than 20 nbrs. As long as I have enough nbrs to get the parts I need when I have an appliance to build that's all the nbrs I need. A lot of us prefer nbrs who don't tip because we're busy and don't have the time.

nky1111
11-28-13, 02:33 PM
not everybody is playing goals so it's worth it.

OsmiumDragon
01-25-14, 01:53 PM
I know that in order to expand, TL requires you to have a certain amount of neighbors, so that's obviously one reason. But when you can only receive twenty gifts a day and get back twenty requests, it just doesn't make such sense to me to have much more than twenty neighbors.
It's pretty annoying when I have a neighbor who's tables are always full and so are their gifts. It's a wasted trip most often when i visit them, not to mention that they don't gift as much as my other neighbors, bec they don't get a gift from me bec they're constantly maxed before i can send.
I see no added benefit from having 80 neighbors other than the extra tips you'd get, but you'd have to tip back so many more people, is it really worth it after all?

About the expanding thing, I have been trying to do that but it never lets me expand even with the required amount of neighbors. How do you expand with neighbors?

nky1111
01-25-14, 02:02 PM
you need neighbors to expand with coins. max. expansion needs 50 or so.
without neighbors you can only expand with gems.

bobbyrae
01-25-14, 03:13 PM
About the expanding thing, I have been trying to do that but it never lets me expand even with the required amount of neighbors. How do you expand with neighbors?

In addion to the required number of neighbours you have to expand either with coins or gems. So there are three requirements to expand:
1. You must reach the required level
2. You must have the required neighbours
3. You must have the required coins or gems.

AnnasCoffee
01-25-14, 11:17 PM
I have about 80 neighbors. I keep lots of neighbors because most of my neighbors aren't daily players. Some of them only play once a week (or less). I need to have more than 20 neighbors because otherwise I wouldn't get 20 gifts a day. Also, having lots of neighbors makes it easier to get your requests filled faster.

I suppose I could try to find 20 people who are "daily players". But those 20 people would probably expect me to tip them everyday and send their "preferred gift" and read their wall every day... no thanks :). My neighbors are pretty laid-back. I'd rather have 80 laid-back neighbors than 20 who want me to follow rules.

marianagresta
01-26-14, 04:45 AM
Also, having lots of neighbors makes it easier to get your requests filled faster.

I'd rather have 80 laid-back neighbors than 20 who want me to follow rules.

Same to me!

bobbyrae
01-26-14, 06:47 AM
I have about 80 neighbors. I keep lots of neighbors because most of my neighbors aren't daily players. Some of them only play once a week (or less). I need to have more than 20 neighbors because otherwise I wouldn't get 20 gifts a day. Also, having lots of neighbors makes it easier to get your requests filled faster.

I suppose I could try to find 20 people who are "daily players". But those 20 people would probably expect me to tip them everyday and send their "preferred gift" and read their wall every day... no thanks :). My neighbors are pretty laid-back. I'd rather have 80 laid-back neighbors than 20 who want me to follow rules.

I shall start insisting that you follow MY rules and tip me every day and gift me only fuses every single day until further notice!
:p

I have been trying to keep my neighbour count low as well both in bakery story and restaurant. I cannot keep up with the neighbour thing at all. I don't tip but do gift and that takes up quite a bit of time since TL doesn't have a select all button. God bless all those with over 100 neighbours!

AnnasCoffee
01-26-14, 09:01 AM
I shall start insisting that you follow MY rules and tip me every day and gift me only fuses every single day until further notice!
:p

Alright, I'll send you fuses:). Please be sure to read my rules ...

RULE ONE - I want a different part each day. Paint on Monday, gears on Tues, fuses on Wednesday, (etc.)

RULE TWO - READ MY WALL (before you gift me)... EVERYDAY... incase I want a special part !!!!

RULE THREE - When you tip me, write on my wall. I want to see a new Emoji pattern everyday (make sure it's colorful and cute).

RULE FOUR - if your going to miss a day you have to write on my wall. It dosen't matter if your sick with the flu* or if there is a death in your family*. I delete people who don't visit DAILY !!!

* I've actually seen messages in the game that say things like... "I'm sick with the flu" or "my dad died, I'll try to tip but I might miss a day or two.". Wow... Really! Are those 120 coins that important? Tipping makes NO SENSE to me.

When I downloaded this game I didn't realize other players would be able to see/visit my bakery. I certainly had NO IDEA that in order to play a game I would be expected to make such an outragous daily COMMITMENT. THANK-YOU to all my neighbors who play the game in a more relaxed way.

pnkrosebud
01-26-14, 09:26 AM
i had 70 neighbors because alot of them were not playing so for me to have that many neighbors helped me to finish my goal quicker. Though just recently i deleted a bunch of neighbors that i see aren't active anymore. So now i only keep it around 60 neighbors. It is a bit time consuming to get back to everyone as far as gifting and tipping so i have posted on my wall i will only tip and gift in the evenings since i simply don't have the time and i am some what burned out by the game. I have thought about just setting my star ratings back to zero and not caring about tipping and gifting and only do requests. But i have so many good neighbors and i don't want to lose them. Maybe eventually i'll get enough zero neighbors that just do requests and that i won't care if the others delete me if i decide to stop gifting and tiping. IDK. I do agree having 100 neighbors is a bit insane.

Oh i just had ONE neighbor demanded me to give her a lollipop. Really? how do you expect to remember that? The game isn't fun anymore but my laid back neighbors help me stay with the game :)

ferylit
01-26-14, 09:39 AM
I have over 80 neighbours but I only visit 3-4 star & those that write on my wall. Takes about 10 minutes to do that. I gift everyone a different part everyday. I wrote a disclaimer on my wall.

MY POLICY: I only visit 3-4 star neighbours or if you leave a message. I gift everyone parts daily, if you don't want it don't accept it. I accept all parts requests. Thanks! ♡♥♡

Never had any complaints so far.

sourlicorice5
01-26-14, 10:27 AM

I so agree. I had a nbr (who asked for an invite and I told her I just mass basic parts daily). A few days later she says she prefers food. I reminded her how I gifted which if she hadnt agreed with then she shouldnt have sent an invite. A few days ago I got another post saying she prefers food and declines parts and wont gift back if she doesnt get food. I silently and quickly deleted her. I want laid back nbrs not demanding ones. Why shed send an invite after me telling her how I gift when it wasnt what she wanted i have no idea.

sally_brown
01-26-14, 05:03 PM
I so agree. I had a nbr (who asked for an invite and I told her I just mass basic parts daily). A few days later she says she prefers food. I reminded her how I gifted which if she hadnt agreed with then she shouldnt have sent an invite. A few days ago I got another post saying she prefers food and declines parts and wont gift back if she doesnt get food. I silently and quickly deleted her. I want laid back nbrs not demanding ones. Why shed send an invite after me telling her how I gift when it wasnt what she wanted i have no idea.It seems like that person wouldn't/couldn't keep track of what kind of gifting you do, which is kind of crappy given that that's exactly what they were expecting you to do. Luckily I've never had a demanding neighbor.

sourlicorice5
01-27-14, 05:02 AM
It seems like that person wouldn't/couldn't keep track of what kind of gifting you do, which is kind of crappy given that that's exactly what they were expecting you to do. Luckily I've never had a demanding neighbor.

Ive been lucky for the most part. She didnt need to keep track. I told her before she sent the invite. All she had to do was not invite me. There is no wrong way of playing. Everyone should play how they want to and find nbrs who want to play the same way as they do.

IsisGarden
01-27-14, 10:11 AM

I play the same way. I am a low maintenance player and I like low maintenance players.

zZ_guera_Zz
01-27-14, 06:05 PM
Ive been lucky for the most part. She didnt need to keep track. I told her before she sent the invite. All she had to do was not invite me. There is no wrong way of playing. Everyone should play how they want to and find nbrs who want to play the same way as they do.
That's exactly it. How people play is their own business, but I don't understand why some people would even invite someone knowing they play the game differently and knowing the person they are requesting is a picky and "demanding" player. If someone hates tipping and never gifts, why would they even request a person who makes it clear they don't want any 0 star neighbors? I like receiving parts or cappuccino only, I don't go around trying to find players that gift only brownies to add. Seems like a waste of everyone's time to me.
Maybe it's like Facebook and everyone just wants to have 500 friends so they can feel popular, idk. lol

poisonoushades
01-28-14, 04:44 AM
I am one of those people who accepts all neighbor requests. I always get the parts I need with that many! Hahahaha :cool: But I don't keep track of what everyone needs or tip daily. I don't even notice if I get deleted unless it was someone who wrote obnoxious messages on my wall every day.

zZ_guera_Zz
01-28-14, 02:05 PM
Ikr, I wouldn't notice either, I'd just assume they had their reasons for deleting me and move on.
Too bad all neighbors arent like that. I just got yelled at omw bec I deleted someone from my daughter's acct (she broke her phone so I've been minding her store for her). This "lady" said I'm greedy and rude for deleting her. Um, excuse you, but I gained absolutely nothing from tipping you and gifting you everyday from my baby's acct. It was more work for me and im oh, so sorry but I'm quite busy now and I can't be expected to keep an extra shop going just so you can receive an extra gift and req per day.
You think you know a neighbor and then they go psycho for nothing. smh