PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 11/28/2013 Update (Expansions)

Aggwynn
11-27-13, 01:38 PM
Hi All,

We hope you have a good holiday!

Here is what's going out tomorrow!

1) 7 EXPANSIONS will be released! (starts 11/28) UPDATE 11/27/13: Early holiday gift! Expansions are available now! :)
- Happy expanding =)

2) Sweepstakes Caravan (starts 11/29)
- Everyone has a shot at winning 1,000 FREE GEMS (10 winners will be selected at a later date)
- Complete the "Sweepstakes Caravan 1/3" Quest to enter
- There are a total of 3 Sweepstakes Caravan Quests. Completing 1 will enter you in once, completing 2 will enter you in twice, completing 3 will enter you in thrice

We also have sweet deals coming soon so be sure to log in ;)

kurgan
11-27-13, 01:46 PM
EXPANSIONS!!!!!!!

Thank You.

midnightmeerkat
11-27-13, 01:47 PM
Yay!! Expansions!! Sweepstakes, hmmm, I never win those but sounds good anyway........

jim23cash
11-27-13, 02:19 PM
Woo hoo! Again, Thank you TL!

cameronenglish
11-27-13, 02:37 PM
Yeh expansions. We'll done. Very happy.

eepopp
11-27-13, 02:39 PM
I'm crossing my fingers that the Sweepstakes Caravan are not just inventory drains, and at least offer something tangible beyond an entry into an extremely-difficult-to-win sweepstakes.

For example, in Dragon Story Sweepstakes, a player enters a Sweepstakes by breeding a dragon. if the player doesn't win the Dragon Story Sweepstakes, they at least have a new dragon.

I hope the Sweepstakes Caravan quests offer something worth grinding for...., like a chance for a Burning Enber, Alicorn Wing, Alicorn horn or adamant.

gawolf
11-27-13, 02:48 PM
Anyone want to guess which expansions will become available??

tigarlilyvol
11-27-13, 03:01 PM
Thank you for starting the sweepstakes on 29th, won't have to hide in bathroom with 35 relatives eating dinner!

BriarAvenue
11-27-13, 03:10 PM
Thank you for starting the sweepstakes on 29th, won't have to hide in bathroom with 35 relatives eating dinner!
Really? Lol

tigarlilyvol
11-27-13, 03:33 PM
Really, was trying to figure how to do it without my husband seeing me and telling me to put it down just as the quest started.

MiloBear5
11-27-13, 03:41 PM
Hope I have enough lanterns!

zuma022
11-27-13, 04:06 PM
Yay expansions are live. I need a lot of expansion tickets!

PikaSquirrel
11-27-13, 04:17 PM
Looks like some of you guys already noticed... ;)

EARLY HOLIDAY PRESENT!! Expansions have been released a day early! They're available in your kingdom now. Enjoy! :D

jimboser
11-27-13, 04:18 PM
Permit permit permit permit permit... Silly me, only having one spare in inventory...

creolepraline
11-27-13, 04:41 PM
Really, was trying to figure how to do it without my husband seeing me and telling me to put it down just as the quest started.

Pie...pie is your friend...eat lots of pie and fake a tummy ache. Come on people, let's show we are pros at this! This all sounds super exciting. Yay us!

Queenofheartland
11-27-13, 04:42 PM
THANKYOU TEAM LAVA !!!! Really appreciate the expansions, it was surely needed. You guys are the best. Good Job & thanks for listening to us !!!! Keep up the good work

Queenofheartland
11-27-13, 04:46 PM
Just saw it. I have the biggest smile on my face. Thanks.

my607
11-27-13, 04:46 PM
Thank you TL made my holidays better with expansions. I'm curious what this sweepstake is all about. I hope it's not having a lot of things from inventory.

maz3girl
11-27-13, 05:27 PM
Yay! Love this! Thank you and hope everyone (that celebrates) has a Happy Thanksgiving!

ghjvcucjb
11-27-13, 05:34 PM
mahalo nui loa team lava!!!!

opal308
11-27-13, 05:38 PM
Thanks so much for the new expansions and great content!!!!
I see 6 expansions, does everyone have seven or am I missing something?

CottageRose
11-27-13, 05:48 PM
So exciting to have room again for stretching out. :D Cleared out my stash of lanterns and permits, and I can make lanterns again.

I am taking a little time today to savor the appearance of new land, before I start pulling buildings out of storage... Choices, choices... Time to rethink my kingdom's design and where things might move... happy, happy :D

jimboser
11-27-13, 05:49 PM
Hope I have enough lanterns!

You don't. LOL. I had 99 and I still need about 40something.

vednir
11-27-13, 05:51 PM
I only see 6 expansions too.

fino212
11-27-13, 05:57 PM
I only see 6 expansions too.

There is only 6 to start with but once you open up the only expansion which doesn't need a permit, another one appears behind it :) Happy days!

opal308
11-27-13, 06:03 PM
There is only 6 to start with but once you open up the only expansion which doesn't need a permit, another one appears behind it :) Happy days!

Thanks for the info. ��

jesoftngentle
11-27-13, 06:06 PM
All this neat stuff and I am going to Flordia for a week. :-( I will miss out

vednir
11-27-13, 06:26 PM
It would be somewhat sadistic if the caravans required earth wisps or wisp lanterns but who knows..

oliverrr11
11-27-13, 07:12 PM
All this neat stuff and I am going to Flordia for a week. :-( I will miss out

Good news! I'm in Orlando and Florida just got cell service and internet!!

CLOVERKAITO
11-27-13, 08:01 PM
How long would the Sweepstakes Caravan be open for? I have a final exam on Nov 30 so I probably shouldn't play on the 29th... =P

SybreTiger
11-27-13, 08:11 PM
Wow, these new expansions are gonna take a LONG time. All together you need 14 Permits. That's 420 Trade Tickets. I had 121 Trade Tickets saved up, that's 4 permits, ten to go... 300 Trade Tickets.. this is gonna take FOREVER. @_@ I already paid off all the expansions, brought my 3.5 million coins down to 2.2 million.

salamander2007
11-28-13, 01:01 AM
Wow, these new expansions are gonna take a LONG time. All together you need 14 Permits. That's 420 Trade Tickets. I had 121 Trade Tickets saved up, that's 4 permits, ten to go... 300 Trade Tickets.. this is gonna take FOREVER. @_@ I already paid off all the expansions, brought my 3.5 million coins down to 2.2 million.
Yeps. I had 200+ trade tickets and thought that rather than stockpiling trade tickets, I use them for some materials trade. Now I only have about 150 trade tickets.
It will be a torture to clear all the expansions, but that's why we play this game, right?

Triple_K
11-28-13, 02:10 AM
Every now and then I would click the expansions button and to my surprise instead of getting "you've explored everywhere that's safe in the glimmer wood" I see available expansions. So I head over here see what's new :) Thank you thank you sooo much TL :D
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

JayUK69
11-28-13, 04:04 AM
Great to have new expansions, expensive with all the permits and lanterns, but gives us something to do long term. Especially as I am constantly maxed out on wisps and lanterns.

mymummy789
11-28-13, 04:10 AM
arrrgggghhhh. Wish I had read this before I started a different trade!!!!!! Oh well, looking forward to redesigning....................again!!!!!

jptheripper
11-28-13, 06:06 AM
0 coal, 0 laterns, 0 permits, 10 trade tickets. Gonna take a. Long time

freesiawoods
11-28-13, 06:44 AM
Wow expansions! Finally a use for trade tickets and lanterns! Done two expansions and probably a couple more tomorrow, then have to make lanterns again.

m1stery
11-28-13, 06:49 AM
IMHO TL has really exaggerated with these Expansion Permits!!! If one Permit needed 10-15 Trade Tickets to be made it would be ok, but 30 is really too much! It was ok before because certain expansions needed only 1 Permit, but now all of a sudden we need 2-3 Permits per expansion!! :O

JayUK69
11-28-13, 06:56 AM
IMHO TL has really exaggerated with these Expansion Permits!!! If one Permit needed 10-15 Trade Tickets to be made it would be ok, but 30 is really too much! It was ok before because certain expansions needed only 1 Permit, but now all of a sudden we need 2-3 Permits per expansion!! :O

One of the expansions requires 5 permits. 150 trade tickets is a little excessive.

dragoniakingdom
11-28-13, 07:24 AM
Thank you for the expansions.

Yes,some require a fair few permits,but I'm fine with that,it gives me an incentive to do more (a lot more:rolleyes:)trading.

Queenzod
11-28-13, 07:47 AM
Yes, now I wish I hadn't used up trade tickets on those internal kinds of trades, BUT I'm thrilled to have something I'll have to work hard for and will take possibly months to finish!

I am sooooo thankful for TL today! Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow 'Muricans celebrating today. I hope you don't have to work, and this is my plea: please don't go shopping today. Lets try to preserve the holiday or this obsessive consumerism is going to ruin things. Rant over. :)

Anyuszko
11-28-13, 08:03 AM
Thanks TL :) I was stocked up 99 lanterns and 99 wisps, not they are down again :)

eepopp
11-28-13, 11:53 AM
It would be somewhat sadistic if the caravans required earth wisps or wisp lanterns but who knows..

...Or if the caravan quests required coal or trade tickets. Yes, that would be pretty evil, especially since the Caravans aren't coming out until tomorrow.

Based upon your comment, I held back on using all my lantern and wisps. I'm going to hold off on expanding further until I see all three Caravans' quest requirements.

I've unlocked two of the seven plots, and am in no rush to destroy my kingdom design until after the Winter holiday quest(s). If we get more animals and a large 3x3 decorative building or 2x2 decoration, I'd rather implement a new design after they come out.

ghjvcucjb
11-28-13, 12:24 PM
Thank you everyone for the reminder of the caravans. I only have two expansions left and should have those done by tomorrow but will hold off until we see what is required for the caravan.

dracoonic
11-28-13, 10:58 PM
what is an expansion?

dragoniakingdom
11-28-13, 11:25 PM
what is an expansion?

Expansions are extra plots of land that allows you to increase the size of your kingdom.

If you click on the wooden signs in your kingdom that have "expand" on them it will show what areas are open for you to open up - they all have varying requirements to buy such as royal point requirement/cash cost/lanterns needed & some also require trade tickets.

Hope this helps.

annieo2
11-29-13, 02:45 AM
When are the sweepstakes caravans starting? im in New Zealand so just not sure about the time difference

JayUK69
11-29-13, 03:22 AM
Caravan Sweepstakes 1

Load Water into the Caravan x 80
Load Eggs into the Caravan x 80
Load Milk into the Caravan x 80
Load White Petals into the Caravan x 50
Load Orange Petals into the Caravan x 50
Load Corn into the Caravan x 50
Load Tomatoes into the Caravan x 50

Reward 25,000 Coins 10xp

Caravan Sweepstakes 2

Load Mushrooms into the Caravan x 120
Load Blue Petals into the Caravan x 120
Load Strawberries into the Caravan x 90
Load Hot Peppers into the Caravan x 50
Load Bacon into the Caravan x 60
Load Hide into the Caravan x 60
Load Roast Chickens into the Caravan x 60
Load Living Wood into the Caravan x 60

Reward 60,000 coins 25xp

Seems like this caravan sweepstake and the expansions are just a way of clearing out everyones inventory.

vitriolicheart
11-29-13, 03:52 AM
Water and blue petals are going to **** me! Thanks for the guide :D

mymummy789
11-29-13, 03:57 AM
Water and blue petals are going to **** me! Thanks for the guide :D
Unless you are in the US, I wouldn't bother. Looks like it is US only who will be entered - http://www.storm8.com/rules/castlestory

annieo2
11-29-13, 04:15 AM
Thanks mymummy, had already started #1 but wont continue im in NZ, wish they would be up front about the rules at the start!

rosym47
11-29-13, 04:24 AM
Hi All,

We hope you have a good holiday!

1) 7 EXPANSIONS will be released! (starts 11/28) UPDATE 11/27/13: Early holiday gift! Expansions are available now! :)
- Happy expanding =)

- Everyone has a shot at winning 1,000 FREE GEMS (10 winners will be selected at a later date)
- There are a total of 3 Sweepstakes Caravan Quests. Completing 1 will enter you in once, completing 2 will enter you in twice, completing 3 will enter you in thrice

We also have sweet deals coming soon so be sure to log in ;)

So according to Aggwyn EVERYBODY has a chance but the rules we were directed to in very small print says its inlet for part of the USA. I am in the UK and have loaded stuff that I want back. Reply please or I will email you every day until there is an explanation.

CLOVERKAITO
11-29-13, 04:40 AM
The sweepstake is for SOME US RESIDENTS ONLY! Everyone please go read the contest rules before loading your precious items (namely milk and eggs for me)!

Cesar49
11-29-13, 04:52 AM
In fairness to TL (which I admit is hard at the moment), having read the rather bizarre list of the parts of the US who can't take part I'd guess this is something to do with gaming laws and regulations. However, I agree that it should have been made clear who was eligible to enter on the challenge itself. Not everyone uses the forum, and I'm leaving a message on the walls of any of my neighbours who I know are not in the US so that they know not to take part.

eepopp
11-29-13, 04:55 AM
Caravan Sweepstakes 1

Load Water into the Caravan x 80
Load Eggs into the Caravan x 80
Load Milk into the Caravan x 80
Load White Petals into the Caravan x 50
Load Orange Petals into the Caravan x 50
Load Corn into the Caravan x 50
Load Tomatoes into the Caravan x 50

Reward 25,000 Coins 10xp

Caravan Sweepstakes 2

Load Mushrooms into the Caravan x 120
Load Blue Petals into the Caravan x 120
Load Strawberries into the Caravan x 90
Load Hot Peppers into the Caravan x 50
Load Bacon into the Caravan x 60
Load Hide into the Caravan x 60
Load Roast Chickens into the Caravan x 60
Load Living Wood into the Caravan x 60

Reward 60,000 coins 25xp

Seems like this caravan sweepstake and the expansions are just a way of clearing out everyones inventory.

I'm really disappointed in the coin and XP rewards for the Caravan quests. Earlier, I voiced hope that there should have been a tangible reward from the Caravan quests like a chance to get a Burning Ember, Alicorn Wing, Alicorn Horn or Adamant. Unfortunately, my concern that the quests would be inventory drains proved true.

There are only Three Caravan Quests, so it's not like any good rewards would have imbalanced anything. There could have been some bad rewards put in like the Baron Kitchen trades.

The current rewards are insulting.

In Dragon Story's past sweepstakes, I've spent gems to accelerate breedings just so that I could get the right qualifying dragon. I've never won, but I at least got a rare or very rare dragon.

With this Castle Story Caravan Sweepstakes, the coin and Xp rewards are so low, they aren't even worth all the energy and time needed to tend animals, replant crops, harvest crops, pick flowers, chop wood, and defeat monsters to replenish inventories.

I'm going to pass on doing any of the Caravan quests, and I hope non-U.S. players don't feel like they missed out on anything by being ineligible to participate.

The items used in the Caravan quests would be better used towards Trade Tickets so that players can get Expansion permits.

I just want to say that I'm not angry. I'm just disappointed that this sweepstakes wasn't designed/planned better. Rather than implement something fun and exciting for everyone, the sweepstakes just alienates a significant amount of international players by making them ineligible, and penalizes the 99.999% of participants who enter and won't win by draining their resources.

I haven't seen the third caravan quest goals, so perhaps I'm jumping the *** by assuming that all the rewards aren't good. If the third caravan quest reward is really good, then I would definitely reconsider my attitude on this.

froltojo
11-29-13, 05:15 AM
hi all,

we hope you have a good holiday!

1) 7 expansions will be released! (starts 11/28) update 11/27/13: Early holiday gift! Expansions are available now! :)
- happy expanding =)

2) sweepstakes caravan (starts 11/29)
- everyone has a shot at winning 1,000 free gems (10 winners will be selected at a later date)
- complete the "sweepstakes caravan 1/3" quest to enter
- there are a total of 3 sweepstakes caravan quests. Completing 1 will enter you in once, completing 2 will enter you in twice, completing 3 will enter you in thrice
we also have sweet deals coming soon so be sure to log in ;)
not true! Only players in usa can win.

Castloninian
11-29-13, 05:26 AM
So according to Aggwyn EVERYBODY has a chance but the rules we were directed to in very small print says its inlet for part of the USA. I am in the UK and have loaded stuff that I want back. Reply please or I will email you every day until there is an explanation.

Oh no!!!! I have just basically cleared out my inventory and now see I don't even get to participate because I am not in the US. That is so wrong!!! TL you should have made that much clearer when announcing the caravans. Please give me back my stuff. :(

Castloninian
11-29-13, 05:33 AM
Oh no!!!! I have just basically cleared out my inventory and now see I don't even get to participate because I am not in the US. That is so wrong!!! TL you should have made that much clearer when announcing the caravans. Please give me back my stuff. :(

For the record, I lost:
76 water
79 eggs
73 milk
39 white petals
50 orange petals
35 corn
50 tomatoes

I would really like there to be an 'unload' button please. 25,000 coins for all that is hardly worth my while.

vitriolicheart
11-29-13, 05:37 AM
Unless you are in the US, I wouldn't bother. Looks like it is US only who will be entered - http://www.storm8.com/rules/castlestory

Are you kidding me. What a waste of my time. Thanks for nothing Castle Story.

sukyee
11-29-13, 05:56 AM
I guess I'll be the most unlucky player on this caravan.. I have loaded almost 98% of 2nd caravan including 60 living woods... Sync did happen and all the caravan reset but nothing return back to my inventory... The most stupid thing I did is I loaded again whatever item left in my inventory again... Basically I would say I lost 99 of all the max inventories that I have built up so far... So coming to the forum to search for an answer and another heart attack I hav now!!! I'm not US resident!!! Duh!!!! Crying over my precious inventories.... Uh uh... not to mention my 94 living woods...

berrigan17
11-29-13, 06:08 AM
That's a pretty bad situation. I really hope they resolve that for you.

NayanPrakash
11-29-13, 06:57 AM
Not happy with this update at all. Lost precious corn and tomatoes (not to mention the eggs, milk and petals) only to find out that I need to be 18 years old and a U.S. resident. Oh well, at least I haven't started on the 2nd and 3rd caravans.

CottageRose
11-29-13, 08:03 AM
I am in the US and over 18. I will not be doing the sweepstakes quests at all. This is contrary to any true holiday spirit.

I am deeply disappointed that the Black Friday mentality has invaded CS. Standing in line for hours/days with literally thousands of people for a chance to get rewards limited to a few does not seem much different than throwing away inventories that took weeks or even months to build for one of a handful of lottery "golden tickets".

morgaine2005
11-29-13, 08:27 AM
I feel almost lucky. I can't enter the sweepstakes because my state doesn't allow it. So I have no reason to drain my inventory and get essentially nothing in return.

You know, TL, if you announce a contest and people are happy they can't enter, that may be a sign you're doing something wrong.

eepopp
11-29-13, 08:35 AM
I feel almost lucky. I can't enter the sweepstakes because my state doesn't allow it. So I have no reason to drain my inventory and get essentially nothing in return.

You know, TL, if you announce a contest and people are happy they can't enter, that may be a sign you're doing something wrong.

Actually, I'm eligible in all respects, and am very happy to NOT participate.

If a contest is announced, and you have a customer who has spent real money in the past state they are happy NOT to be participating..., that is a sign that something is wrong.

CottageRose
11-29-13, 09:55 AM
Actually, I'm eligible in all respects, and am very happy to NOT participate.

If a contest is announced, and you have a customer who has spent real money in the past state they are happy NOT to be participating..., that is a sign that something is wrong.
Same here, not participating. And I come out ahead by keeping my large inventory of resources.

RoseGardener
11-29-13, 10:19 AM
I follow these threads regularly because I like to know what's going on in the game and there's lots of useful information. To all you helpful posters - thank you!! :) What I can't seem to get over, though, is how much complaining there is! People complain that there's nothing left to do so TL rolls out regular goal updates. I think they're fun and challenging but other people can't stop complaining about them. Who cares about not being able to enter the contest. It's just fun having something to collect resources for. What else are you going to use petals on? It gets me to bring things out of storage that I've had in there for ages and spices up my collecting for a bit.

Also, has anyone noticed how the frequency of gem drops on quests has increased dramatically or is that just me? I rarely used to get gems from quests and now I get them nearly every time. TL listened to everyone complaining about gems and they did something about it. Thank you TL! My gem count goes up slowly every day and when something comes up that needs gems (which isn't that often) then I'm better prepared for it. And for those of you complaining about "gem traps"...slow down and be more deliberate in your tapping. Whenever that happens to me I just groan and blame myself for being in such a rush.

Castloninian
11-29-13, 10:29 AM
I follow these threads regularly because I like to know what's going on in the game and there's lots of useful information. To all you helpful posters - thank you!! :) What I can't seem to get over, though, is how much complaining there is! People complain that there's nothing left to do so TL rolls out regular goal updates. I think they're fun and challenging but other people can't stop complaining about them. Who cares about not being able to enter the contest. It's just fun having something to collect resources for. What else are you going to use petals on? It gets me to bring things out of storage that I've had in there for ages and spices up my collecting for a bit.

RoseGardener, I don't mind not being able to enter the sweepstake. What I do mind is that it wasn't made clear from the start that I would not be eligible. Had I known this, I could have made the decision to do it anyway, either for the coins or just for fun. I am not one of these players that has expanded everywhere, whose buildings are all fully upgraded etc. I still have a lot to do and those precious resources I have now lost could have been put to much better use.

marse66
11-29-13, 10:51 AM
Good job... I feel axactly the same way. Thank you for posting

marse66
11-29-13, 10:53 AM
My post was in response to Castloninian

hottrthanhott
11-29-13, 11:37 AM
THE SWEEPSTAKES IS ONLY OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES, INCLUDING THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (BUT EXCLUDING NEW YORK, FLORIDA, RHODE ISLAND, PUERTO RICO AND OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS)

This is what it says. I am only 21 milk away from finishing caravan 1 and I'm in Florida. I wouldn't mind if the cash reward was higher. I guess I'll wait see what rewards Caravan 3 gives to see if I will continue it. I am still ****ing myself making sweet feasts so I'll finish this Caravan 1 and keep working on the Burning Ember. Need Dragon for its scales to finish Glimmergate quest.
Disappointed. I waited, since it was announced, for the 29th for this update. Seems I might not finish it. :(

Castlevilla
11-29-13, 11:52 AM
I don't really know if this is in the right place or not? I have been to this forum a few times. I finally figured out how to post but don't know how to put quote.....anyway...on with my rant!!

When I read the Top message in this (Thread)? It said the Sweepstakes was for Everyone!!! I'm a bit upset to think everyone meant only U.S. Residents....nothing against them, I have very dear friends there!!

I think when this Announcement was posted it should have been stated clearly " only U.S. Residents. I've wasted my energy and gems trying to fill it and found this out.....I want my items back!!! I know it's just a game but, I've collected those petals for a long time!!! I'm sure I can refill my dairy fairly easy.
My point is.....Please Next Time there is an Announcement ....please state clearly who everyone is!!!

Other than that I truly love this game, I feel this is the best game of them all!!! Lots of quests!!

jdelvalle1
11-29-13, 12:46 PM
Seriously? .....I'm living in a military base overseas...I'm guessing I'm not eligible? Would have been nice to know...

labsandboxers
11-29-13, 02:05 PM
I'm in Florida also, glad I checked the forum before I wasted time and supplies on this caravan. Then I started to think about all of that time and supplies just for a chance at the gems. I am happy about the expansions though. Maybe next week might start a Christmas quest line. I would like my stuff back also, just shows us read the fine print. Need neighbors dogland. Labsandboxers

CottageRose
11-29-13, 02:38 PM
I have received thanks today from many of my neighbors in other countries and in two states, so that they were able to cut their losses as they were ineligible. Choosing to do the quests is one thing, being misled into wasting valuable resources is something else.

And, no - I never complain about no quests to do. I am perfectly happy running my kingdom in between quests. I am, however, immensely grateful for more land. :D

biartiemgi
11-29-13, 02:54 PM
I would like an unload button.... please !

Cesar49
11-29-13, 03:04 PM
I have received thanks today from many of my neighbors in other countries and in two states, so that they were able to cut their losses as they were ineligible. Choosing to do the quests is one thing, being misled into wasting valuable resources is something else.

And, no - I never complain about no quests to do. I am perfectly happy running my kingdom in between quests. I am, however, immensely grateful for more land. :D

Yes, me too! Thanks for warning neighbours AND happily ticking over!

CoalCountry
11-29-13, 03:21 PM
So your husband gives you a difficult time also?! Mine too! But having some health problems, there's not a lot of 'physical' activity available to pass the time. So I'm glad I found CS. I've 'met' some great people!

ajax1964
11-29-13, 05:09 PM
Love the expansions. I've never completed caravans they don't ever seem to be worth it. Used up so many trade tickets for dumb stuff :(

oliverrr11
11-29-13, 07:14 PM

That is a great idea!! Unload Button! Unload Button! Please give us an unload button! I want my stuff back. I was more than half way through caravan 2 when I found out I'm not eligible in Florida. I was only doing it for the sweepstakes. I will not do anything more on this now. My items are just sitting there - please release them! What a fiasco this turned out to be!
On a more positive note, I never said thank you for the new expansions. Thank you much!

marse66
11-29-13, 07:45 PM
So really what are you going to do with all of the resources anyway? I stocked up during the time when we didn't have any goals and was sitting with 99 of just about everything then started concentrating on collecting trade tickets.. Now that I've used up my resources I have something to collect again.. I am an addict but don't get upset because of sweepstakes that I don't qualify for... This is an on line game only and is intended for pleasure... Wonder how you would react if your kids took games so serioulsly. I think TL is doing a grat job.

vednir
11-29-13, 07:57 PM
So really what are you going to do with all of the resources anyway? I stocked up during the time when we didn't have any goals and was sitting with 99 of just about everything then started concentrating on collecting trade tickets.. Now that I've used up my resources I have something to collect again.. I am an addict but don't get upset because of sweepstakes that I don't qualify for... This is an on line game only and is intended for pleasure... Wonder how you would react if your kids took games so serioulsly. I think TL is doing a grat job.

There will probably be a time limited goal for something soon that will then have a bunch of people running to buy/use gems because they used up their inventories on this sweepstakes.

desele
11-29-13, 08:29 PM
Logging in from Canada. I completed Caravan 1 and am part way through Caravan 2. I do not recall seeing a disclaimer regarding this challenge/contest being open only to some US residents before commencing with Caravan 1. It seems unfair to have emptied out my inventory for no chance of a reward. I agree with many of the previous posters on this issue.

eepopp
11-29-13, 08:46 PM

I guess I'm writing all this because your tone just comes across as dismissive of every other player that isn't in your shoes.

- Not every player has 99 of everything.
- Not every player is eligible to participate in the sweepstakes.
- Not every player has completed all quest lines, and is searching for something new to do.

TeamLava released a time-limited Sweepstakes and stated that it was open to everyone on the forums, and did not post any restrictions on the in-game announcement splash screen or in-game Goal summary.

Since the recent Turkey Animals and Pergola quests trained all active players to complete any timed quests, those players responded in Pavlovian fashion by postponing their current quests and dumping their resources into the Caravan Sweepstakes Quests when they appeared with the 5 day timer.

You get that right? We were trained over the last month to react to timed quests. By design.

If International players, and those that lived in NY, FL and RI had known that they were ineligible, then they could have ignored the Caravan Quests. They could have used those resources towards the completion of quests to get where you are obviously at. Again, not all players are in your shoes. (Do you really have so little empathy for them?)

I do agree with you that TeamLava's recent content releases and listening to players' complaints has been great (i.e. allowing more expansion plots, releasing the plant for Red petals and adjusting the drop rates from the Deep Mine for adamant or mithril, etc). I am very thankful that a game I like is getting development support.

I just don't think that the Castle Story Team is doing a "great" job all around. Specifically, they are sloppy with their communication, and have room to improve.

katbtodd
11-29-13, 08:55 PM
How can the game tell where every body lives

Magestico
11-29-13, 09:07 PM
We urgently need an unload button for this caravan.

elaur
11-29-13, 10:27 PM
We urgently need an unload button for this caravan.

Yes please!!!!!!

aimeeq
11-29-13, 10:27 PM
I live in FL and just completed the 1st caravan so all the stuff I wasted would at least get me some coin back. I'm still working on some newer goals and never complained about being maxed on anything. I would have liked to have been warned all people weren't eligible for the sweepstakes instead of a blanket announcement everyone was eligible

cad33
11-29-13, 10:35 PM
I don't think I saw a 3 of 3 posted yet, so:

Load Bones x 120
Load Creep Tooth x 120
Load Glimmerdust x 120
Load Purple Petals x 120
Load Cocoa Beans x 120
Load Glimmerbulbs x 80
Load Red Petals x 80
Load Prime Cuts x 80
Load Wool x 80
Load Truffle x 80

I'm a hard core player and I can tell you that I won't be able to achieve those numbers in that time frame. I'm happy I've got 2 submitted.

rosym47
11-30-13, 12:55 AM
We'll I would be trading my surplus and getting expansion tickets so that I can expand.
I completed caravan 1 because it was nearly full when I was aware of the restrictions and I wanted something back but I should have continued trading. Of course I could take up TL on their latest offer to buy expansion tickets! Sorry TL but there's no cash from me until you do something to put this current wide ranging dissatisfaction right.

marrrina
11-30-13, 01:18 AM

Load Bones x 120
Load Creep Tooth x 120
Load Glimmerdust x 120
Load Purple Petals x 120
Load Cocoa Beans x 120
Load Glimmerbulbs x 80
Load Red Petals x 80
Load Prime Cuts x 80
Load Wool x 80
Load Truffle x 80

I'm a hard core player and I can tell you that I won't be able to achieve those numbers in that time frame. I'm happy I've got 2 submitted.

I don't think I can even finish number 2. No way will I get enough living wood in time

LadyKatja
11-30-13, 01:27 AM
Since last night I can't get online (living in Europe) :( Is this regarding the update again?

Happened to me last time as well. Had to wait about 6 hours then. Now it is longer, since I slept a night (so it must be around 10-11 hours since I could log in last time).

Ps. Very happy about the expansions :D

ghjvcucjb
11-30-13, 01:37 AM
Thank you for the expansions!

olcastle
11-30-13, 01:41 AM

Yes, TL. Please do the right thing this time!

LadyKatja
11-30-13, 03:48 AM
Since last night I can't get online (living in Europe) :( Is this regarding the update again?

Happened to me last time as well. Had to wait about 6 hours then. Now it is longer, since I slept a night (so it must be around 10-11 hours since I could log in last time).

Ps. Very happy about the expansions :D

Ps. Back online! :)

hachedallic
11-30-13, 03:56 AM

Load Bones x 120
Load Creep Tooth x 120
Load Glimmerdust x 120
Load Purple Petals x 120
Load Cocoa Beans x 120
Load Glimmerbulbs x 80
Load Red Petals x 80
Load Prime Cuts x 80
Load Wool x 80
Load Truffle x 80

despite the fact that the competition is restricted even in one eligible country the addition of the game and the excitement to do something new will at least nudge majority to try and complete 2 parts of the caravan since the third one as detailed above is nigh impossible without a gem spree or 48 hours blackout of sleep .. the amount of Prime Cuts, Wools and Truffles have forced me to skip the 3rd caravan..

-Hashim
(Karachi)

poppelia
11-30-13, 06:46 AM
We'll I would be trading my surplus and getting expansion tickets so that I can expand.
I completed caravan 1 because it was nearly full when I was aware of the restrictions and I wanted something back but I should have continued trading. Of course I could take up TL on their latest offer to buy expansion tickets! Sorry TL but there's no cash from me until you do something to put this current wide ranging dissatisfaction right.

hear hear!

anissada
12-01-13, 05:31 AM
Hi All,

;)

i feel discriminated, because i dont live in the usa i can not win the sweepstake reward of 1000 gems..
anyhow,, the truffles are the biggest problem, not possible to collect that many in a few days :((

BriarAvenue
12-01-13, 07:49 AM
i feel discriminated, because i dont live in the usa i can not win the sweepstake reward of 1000 gems..
anyhow,, the truffles are the biggest problem, not possible to collect that many in a few days :((

They hv to abide to the States' wagering legislations, which is understandable.
But it's their failure to disclose this vital info from the start, and their attitude and handling
Including the deletion of critism postings that is most annoying and unacceptable.

vitriolicheart
12-01-13, 09:16 AM
They hv to abide to the States' wagering legislations, which is understandable.
But it's their failure to disclose this vital info from the start, and their attitude and handling
Including the deletion of critism postings that is most annoying and unacceptable.

Agreed. That's what most people are so annoyed. Less about the fact we can't participate but the horrible way it's being handled.

anissada
12-01-13, 11:10 AM

lots of stuff i have loaded into the caravan could also be of great use to earn trade tickets !
so yes, i also want everything back. things like milk and eggs are nor hard to build up again, but others are less simple to replace
l

anissada
12-01-13, 11:14 AM
lots of stuff i have loaded into the caravan could also be of great use to earn trade tickets !
so yes, i also want everything back. things like milk and eggs are nor hard to build up again, but others are less simple to replace
l

another thing. players are not upset cause they don qualify but because it was not. made clear from the start we would not be able participate

little remark for the admins, can you please put the Edit button back ? now i have to make another post because i swapped by accident over the Post reply button

poppelia
12-01-13, 01:26 PM
I think it is just not very nice of TL not to be able to thinks of something creative and fun for the whole CS community. I also do not understand why they do not answer us.

freesiawoods
12-01-13, 06:36 PM
Still no response from TL? Yet another fiasco creating unhappiness all over the world except USA! In fact only 10 players will be happy!

Queenzod
12-01-13, 08:04 PM
This was answered by someone earlier. They're not going to reply. It makes them culpable.

BriarAvenue
12-01-13, 09:21 PM
Still no response from TL? Yet another fiasco creating unhappiness all over the world except USA! In fact only 10 players will be happy!
Are you sure? I am skeptical after all these fiasco.
Just how do we know for sure? And even if somebody pops out claiming winner,
How can we be sure they are not TL staff? Yep, this is a vote of trust which I think TL fell flat.

dracoonic
12-01-13, 09:29 PM
Expansions are extra plots of land that allows you to increase the size of your kingdom.

If you click on the wooden signs in your kingdom that have "expand" on them it will show what areas are open for you to open up - they all have varying requirements to buy such as royal point requirement/cash cost/lanterns needed & some also require trade tickets.

Hope this helps.

thank you :)

dracoonic
12-01-13, 09:31 PM
what is the most wanted item in this game? at the stage of pretty end-game

keester3
12-01-13, 09:32 PM
'Sweepstakes' may mean something to people living in US but for me it was just a name of the goal - one that we were told we all had a chance to win. I spent a lot of time and resources and finished the first caravan and was part way through the second before seeing the disclaimer that it was only open to US residents. I didn't spend money on it but I did spend time and of course a lot of resources that could have been used elsewhere. There was quite a lot of criticism of TL after people were stuck waiting for random items on glimmerbat and then weren't able to finish it. It is disappointing that there hasn't been a response from TL. I wonder if it was a mistake, if they thought it was open to everyone and then were told it couldn't be. That is really the only response I want from them. I enjoy this game but haven't really played much since this happened but am checking the forum just in case TL do accept responsibility for this.

ghjvcucjb
12-01-13, 09:54 PM
what is the most wanted item in this game? at the stage of pretty end-game

Not sure what is meant by "at the stage of pretty end game". But I'll answer your the first question from my experience. I'm level 30 for 7+ months, have at least one of everything, have done and completed all goals up to this point, fully expanded with the exception of one remaining plot, and usually maxed out on all items.

The most wanted item is the item you need at that moment but can't get because (as I've said before) the game knows and has a sick sense of humor and won't let you have it. Which means the most wanted item is different for every person and every situation.

As of today and for the next two days the most wanted item for me is creep tooth. In three days, I won't care less about creep tooth. In a few weeks, I'll be maxed out on creep tooth.

preinsko
12-02-13, 03:07 AM
Thanks for the caravan 3 list. That will deplete my inventory to crippling proportions. However, you don't mention the payout. I don't care about sweepstakes since I don't really gamble; but the payout has been very high on these caravans.

CottageRose
12-02-13, 07:01 AM
The payout may be meaningless to many level 30 players. I can remember when it felt like I would never have enough coins. Now I put my buildings in storage to reset their hearts instead of collecting from them, and immediately put them back out, just so my neighbors don't feel their visit was wasted. :D

homegrrrl
12-02-13, 08:41 AM
So your husband gives you a difficult time also?! Mine too! But having some health problems, there's not a lot of 'physical' activity available to pass the time. So I'm glad I found CS. I've 'met' some great people!

My boyfriend gave me a heard time about playing CS all the time too. I broke up with him. :p

jimboser
12-02-13, 11:31 AM
My boyfriend gave me a heard time about playing CS all the time too. I broke up with him. :p

My wife still plays Dragon Story constantly, I gave up on that months ago. We still get along. For now. LOL

mikkifabulous
12-02-13, 01:00 PM

That's hilarious!
I played once in front of my boyfriend and he said, "aren't you a little too old for that?". I told him he was a little too old to be so "judgie". Now, I sneak and play when he isn't looking or is in another room. like a drug addict.

katbtodd
12-02-13, 01:30 PM
Not sure what is meant by "at the stage of pretty end game". But I'll answer your the first question from my experience. I'm level 30 for 7+ months, have at least one of everything, have done and completed all goals up to this point, fully expanded with the exception of one remaining plot, and usually maxed out on all items.

The most wanted item is the item you need at that moment but can't get because (as I've said before) the game knows and has a sick sense of humor and won't let you have it. Which means the most wanted item is different for every person and every situation.

As of today and for the next two days the most wanted item for me is creep tooth. In three days, I won't care less about creep tooth. In a few weeks, I'll be maxed out on creep tooth.

I can't get the tooth either and my contest run out in a few hours,,,, and I'm at 78%

Gardienn
12-02-13, 02:52 PM
How can the game tell where every body lives

Contest rules state winners must sign a an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability, and Publicity Release to receive the prize.

Gardienn
12-02-13, 03:00 PM
I don't need the cash or experience from completing all three sweepstakes caravans so I only did the first one. The likelihood of being that one in ten is next to nil, so I'm not wasting extra resources.

I appreciate the recent goals we've been given, but if not all players can partake in the earnings (sweepstakes), this should be clearly identified up front, Even more so, if anyone in other countries can buy gems, they should also be able to win them.

TeamLava could have given this lot of gems to anyone wherever they reside, in the same manner Sir Piggie and the purple cow give gems. They instead opted to make this an official sweepstakes, subject to legalities, by naming a cash prize equivalent (value of $50 for 1000 gems, $500 for the total event). The only reason they'd do that is to deduct a $500 off their taxes in a way that cost them nothing. I'm disappointed in TL.

So sorry, folks.

Oliver118
12-02-13, 11:53 PM

You have hard luck, tiger:)

Oliver118
12-02-13, 11:53 PM
The payout may be meaningless to many level 30 players. I can remember when it felt like I would never have enough coins. Now I put my buildings in storage to reset their hearts instead of collecting from them, and immediately put them back out, just so my neighbors don't feel their visit was wasted. :D

Funny habit

CottageRose
12-03-13, 07:53 PM
Funny habit
I collect what I have energy for, and reset the rest via storage... Seems like the best way to welcome visitors without spending gems. It always seems a little sad to visit someone multiple times with no waving hearts. :)

Queenzod
12-03-13, 09:29 PM
I collect what I have energy for, and reset the rest via storage... Seems like the best way to welcome visitors without spending gems. It always seems a little sad to visit someone multiple times with no waving hearts. :)

This is a brilliant idea! I leave my conservatory out 'cos I like the way it looks, but I don't want to collect from it and I don't want to look at the bobbing thingee hovering above it. I have millions of coins (mwhahaha!), and now I can just pop it into storage and out again. Wish I could do that with the glimmergate!

Thanks, Cottage Rose! Great tip! :)

creolepraline
12-03-13, 09:42 PM
That's hilarious!
I played once in front of my boyfriend and he said, "aren't you a little too old for that?". I told him he was a little too old to be so "judgie". Now, I sneak and play when he isn't looking or is in another room. like a drug addict.

This is what mines did too! Laughed his heart off when I told him about bakery and dragon. But he tries to be sweet and download bakery for me. I asked, bakery? o.O I need parts on castle and dragon. He mouth fell open when he learned I biy gold/gems. Fast forward months later and he realized my devotion and bought me some itune cards. The way to a mans heart is his stomach. The way to this woman's heart is some gems. And NOT the kind from Tiffany's.

ghjvcucjb
12-03-13, 10:08 PM
This is what mines did too! Laughed his heart off when I told him about bakery and dragon. But he tries to be sweet and download bakery for me. I asked, bakery? o.O I need parts on castle and dragon. He mouth fell open when he learned I biy gold/gems. Fast forward months later and he realized my devotion and bought me some itune cards. The way to a mans heart is his stomach. The way to this woman's heart is some gems. And NOT the kind from Tiffany's.

Well as your friend I will make the sacrifice and accept all your Tiffany therefore making more room in your heart for more itune cards. No, you don't have to thank me. Accepting your Tiffany gifts is all the thanks I need. ;):p:D

jimboser
12-04-13, 09:32 PM
I have one expansion left of the 7 just made available, and need 4 more trade tickets. I've just done the math, I can do at most 12 trades per day, I need 120 trade tickets to make 4 permits, so that's just under 11 days at best. Add in crafting a few spare permits, I'm looking at another month for this last spot.

Going to be a while... :)

CottageRose
12-05-13, 01:45 PM
I have one expansion left of the 7 just made available, and need 4 more trade tickets. I've just done the math, I can do at most 12 trades per day, I need 120 trade tickets to make 4 permits, so that's just under 11 days at best. Add in crafting a few spare permits, I'm looking at another month for this last spot.

Going to be a while... :)
Yes, same here. It sure is nice to have the other six though. :D

PikaSquirrel
12-05-13, 02:29 PM
Check out our most recent update here:
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?62465-Castle-Story-12-05-2013-Update&p=798473#post798473