PDA

View Full Version : Solutions to all your questions!

FlameyHawk
01-09-11, 02:33 PM
What is your problem? Can't find the food you want? Can't find the item you want?
Well here are your answers!

Where are the Decorations?
Decorations are in the design box in the Bottom right corner. Push it and you will be able to buy and sell Decorations!

Where do I cook food?
Push a stove/oven/grill and it will bring you to food that you can cook food!

How do I get gems?
gems can be received when you master a food from 2 to 3 level. You can also get gems from purchasing gems.
One more way to get gems is in the forums contests.

Why do people block their doors?
To keep customers out and cook food.

Where do people get those decorations that are not available to buy?
They are in the Magic Boxes that you can find in the expand column for 24 gems.

Why can't I cook some foods.
You have to unlock them by getting to a higher level or get more neighbors.

Have anymore questions? Post them below and I or another player will answer them!

Unregistered
01-09-11, 04:39 PM
Is there any difference if i leave the app running or if i close it; in terms of earning money and/or foods serve rate?

Unregistered
01-09-11, 04:48 PM
Why does my food still go down and eventually disappear even when I block my door? Everytime I go back it tells me how much I have sold. How can I sell food when people cant even get in my store?

Unregistered
01-09-11, 04:54 PM
Is there any difference if i leave the app running or if i close it; in terms of earning money and/or foods serve rate?

The game will still continue if you close it down. When you open the game up again you will get a message about how much coins you made. Food will continue to be served at the same rate it was before you shut the game down.

Unregistered
01-09-11, 04:56 PM
Why does my food still go down and eventually disappear even when I block my door? Everytime I go back it tells me how much I have sold. How can I sell food when people cant even get in my store?

Are you android? If you are, this seems to be a glitch. I am not android, so I dont know anything about it.... only what I read in other posts.

Unregistered
01-09-11, 05:06 PM
I can't find where I can get colors to my wall or floors? I dont have that option ?

Unregistered
01-09-11, 05:11 PM
I can't find where I can get colors to my wall or floors? I dont have that option ?

Do a search! Sounds like you are android... they dont have that option. There are heaps of threads addressing this problem.

Unregistered
01-09-11, 05:18 PM
Do a search! Sounds like you are android... they dont have that option. There are heaps of threads addressing this problem.

I have HTC evo phone so my phone doesnt support it?

Unregistered
01-09-11, 05:22 PM
I have HTC evo phone so my phone doesnt support it?

Not at this time, no.

Unregistered
01-09-11, 05:24 PM
Not at this time, no.
Ok ****! ...Thanks anyways!

Unregistered
01-09-11, 05:43 PM
How do I change the floor and the wall colors?

Unregistered
01-09-11, 05:48 PM

no if you close application, the game still runs the same.

Unregistered
01-09-11, 05:50 PM

that sounds like a gitch. you may have to email support for that one. what device are you on?

Unregistered
01-09-11, 07:33 PM
I upgraded to an iPhone 4 but I started the game on my other I phone how can I get my restaurant on my new phone I tried syncing already help please

AdoptiveMother
01-09-11, 08:29 PM
Isn't there a way to turn the game off? If you just close out of it, it continues to cook and serve food, and you burn the food or start having unhappy customers because there is no food. This doesn't make sense. A person can't CONSTANTLY keep track of it. I mean, I do have a real life.

Unregistered
01-09-11, 09:46 PM
I upgraded to an iPhone 4 but I started the game on my other I phone how can I get my restaurant on my new phone I tried syncing already help please

there is thread about transfering your game between devices. i would look there first. because just simply syncing to a new phone will make you start a new game

Unregistered
01-09-11, 09:48 PM
Isn't there a way to turn the game off? If you just close out of it, it continues to cook and serve food, and you burn the food or start having unhappy customers because there is no food. This doesn't make sense. A person can't CONSTANTLY keep track of it. I mean, I do have a real life.

no there is not. you just simply have to keep checking back if you need to block your door so you dont have customers there for no unhappy people and as far as your food put on the food that takes the longest to cook which is 2 days so that u know you have time inbetween

Unregistered
01-09-11, 10:35 PM

No, you cant turn your game off. When cooking food try to keep in mind when you will be back to the game, and also remember that it takes about the same amount of time to cook as it does to spoil. So if you are putting something on to cook when you are asleep, cook something that takes 6 to 8 hours to cook (knowing that it will take another 6 to 8 hours to spoil, just in case you sleep in or something). You just need to time things a bit better.

In regards to unhappy customers.... some people choose to block their door with furniture or other decor so that they can stockpile food. Others dont worry too much, because it doesn't take too long to get your happiness back up to 100. It is a personal choice thing.

I hope this helps.

Unregistered
01-10-11, 08:03 AM
that sounds like a gitch. you may have to email support for that one. what device are you on?

I have a samsung galaxy s vibrant, (android). Noticed that when I close my restaraunt it stays closed but the problem still continues on bakery story.

mgundel
01-10-11, 08:31 AM
I've run it up to 30k+, curious if there's a limit?

Unregistered
01-10-11, 08:50 AM
How do I change the floor and the wall colors?

If you are using a device that isn't the iphone, you don't have that option.

Unregistered
01-10-11, 03:42 PM
I have a samsung galaxy s vibrant, (android). Noticed that when I close my restaraunt it stays closed but the problem still continues on bakery story.

I figured out if I block the door with a chair instead of my podium nothing gets sold. Not sure why.

Unregistered
01-10-11, 03:57 PM
I recently got 2 gems from making a lot of french toast and grilled cheese. I had one left over from when I started and now altogether I have 3, which is suppose to be enuff to speed up the cooking process of a dish. When I tried to use them to speed up the stew I was cooking, it didn't work. Do u kno why this is? Is there anyway to make my gems usable again?

Unregistered
01-10-11, 04:16 PM
I recently got 2 gems from making a lot of french toast and grilled cheese. I had one left over from when I started and now altogether I have 3, which is suppose to be enuff to speed up the cooking process of a dish. When I tried to use them to speed up the stew I was cooking, it didn't work. Do u kno why this is? Is there anyway to make my gems usable again?

I do not know the answer to that... but i would suggest don't use the gems to speed up the processing instead buy a decoration.. gems are really hard to get and cost lots of money.

Unregistered
01-10-11, 05:02 PM
I figured out if I block the door with a chair instead of my podium nothing gets sold. Not sure why.

Usually if you put something to block the door... no matter what. it stops the customers from entering your restaurant, that way you can cook more and save up enough food if you don't have any..

but i know for other users that don't have the iphone dont have this option.. if im correct. not sure though

Unregistered
01-10-11, 05:15 PM
Usually if you put something to block the door... no matter what. it stops the customers from entering your restaurant, that way you can cook more and save up enough food if you don't have any..

but i know for other users that don't have the iphone dont have this option.. if im correct. not sure though

If I use a chair to block, nothing gets sold, but if I use the podium, the foods gets sold. I am on a samsung galaxy s vibrant. So to all android users, try using a chair to block the door and see if that doesnt solve the problem.

Unregistered
01-10-11, 05:30 PM
I've run it up to 30k+, curious if there's a limit?

I currently have over 110,000 pumpkin pie.

Unregistered
01-10-11, 07:19 PM
If I neither accept or decline a gift do they count toward my 20? I was going to leave a few in that limbo and hold out for stew. But that wouldn't work if they count toward my 20. Do you get notified when you hit 20.

Unregistered
01-10-11, 07:50 PM
If I neither accept or decline a gift do they count toward my 20? I was going to leave a few in that limbo and hold out for stew. But that wouldn't work if they count toward my 20. Do you get notified when you hit 20.

To be honest I dont know exactly how the gifting works. Only the accepted gifts are counted towards your 20. I have accepted more than 20 gifts some days, but from what I gather after 20 gifts they just dont seem to show up in your My Gifts section, but I really dont know how all of that works... I get gifts, I accept gifts, and I use them... thats basically all I know.

You dont get a message when you hit 20 gifts. I have, in the past, received a message after I have tapped "accept" that the gift had expired, or that I cant accept the gift as I had accepted the max number of gifts, but I have only seen these messages once or twice, it doesn't seem to be a regular thing.

I hope that helps, and maybe someone could add more info.

Unregistered
01-10-11, 10:20 PM
I just notice the different stove, grill and oven. If I sell 1 of my stoves will I be able to buy a oven or grill? Or do I have to wait to rank up to buy new item? I don't want to sell a item if I can't replace it. Please let me know. Thanks.

Unregistered
01-10-11, 10:39 PM
To the rescue...

No, if you decline a gift it does not count towards your 20. Most people decline everything except Stew.

And no, you do not get notified when you hit 20 - you'll just notice no gifts come in anymore. But an easy way to keep track is to ACCEPT your gift and NOT use it UNTIL you accept 20 gifts. If you ACCEPT and not USE 20 Stew you will have a total of 3000 Stew in your "My Gifts" tab, so you KNOW that you've accepted 20 gifts when the Stew number hits 3000 (assuming you only accept Stew and decline everything else).

To be honest I dont know exactly how the gifting works. Only the accepted gifts are counted towards your 20. I have accepted more than 20 gifts some days, but from what I gather after 20 gifts they just dont seem to show up in your My Gifts section, but I really dont know how all of that works... I get gifts, I accept gifts, and I use them... thats basically all I know.

You dont get a message when you hit 20 gifts. I have, in the past, received a message after I have tapped "accept" that the gift had expired, or that I cant accept the gift as I had accepted the max number of gifts, but I have only seen these messages once or twice, it doesn't seem to be a regular thing.

I hope that helps, and maybe someone could add more info.

You can't accept more than 20 gifts unless it's a glitch in the system. In that case, lucky you. :)

Or you may be confusing accepting more gifts with receiving more gifts? You can only ever have 20 pending gifts (assuming you DON'T accept any gifts yet), so if another neighbor sends you a 21st gift, one of the pending gifts will simply disappear so that it retains the 20 limit. So accept your gifts fast if you don't want the good gifts to disappear and wait around for it to pop up again from another neighbour.

The "expired" message happens when you're on the cusp of your 20th gift - so say you have Stew pending (and it's your 20th gift) and JUST as you're about to accept it, ANOTHER neigbour sends you another gift - say French Toast - and as you're only allowed 20 gifts, the French Toast will TAKE OVER the 20th spot of the Stew. You basically accepted the Stew gift too late, so you can either accept the new French Toast, or decline it and wait for another Stew gift to come up. Simple.

I just notice the different stove, grill and oven. If I sell 1 of my stoves will I be able to buy a oven or grill? Or do I have to wait to rank up to buy new item? I don't want to sell a item if I can't replace it. Please let me know. Thanks.

Do NOT sell your appliances. Just STORE them. And yes, once you STORE one appliance, you will be able to purchase another appliance.

Once you reach level 41 you can have a maximum 11 appliances on the floor at any one time. But you're not limited to purchasing just 11 - some people have 11 of all appliances; so 11 stoves, 11 ovens, and 11 grills - and exchange them out onto the floor as they see fit, placing in storage and getting them out to cook whatever food they wish.

Unregistered
01-11-11, 11:40 PM
So are these free to give? Why would you give Stew over Chicken? If stew is not the best gift to give/get, what is?

Unregistered
01-12-11, 12:00 AM
So are these free to give? Why would you give Stew over Chicken? If stew is not the best gift to give/get, what is?

Yes, gifts are completely free to give.

Stew is the best gift because it serves 5 coins per serve and there are 150 servings - therefore each Stew gift makes 750 coins.

Roast Chicken serves 8 coins per serve but only has 50 servings - therefore each Roast Chicken gift makes 400 coins... which is slightly more than half of Stew.

Most people have the courtesy to gift their neighbors Stew - it's free to gift, costs you absolutely nothing, and makes the most coins for your neighbors. Gifting them Stew also increases the likelihood of them gifting you Stew back.

Unregistered
01-12-11, 01:33 AM

U needn't sell any cooking appliances. Just store them away. That way u can buy and use the other sorts.

I'm past level 41 and have 11 of each, stove, oven and grill. 33 in total, but i can only use 11 at a time. At least that way i can cook a lot of one dish in one go.

Unregistered
01-12-11, 05:53 AM
How can I sell all the flooring I have in storage? It's just sitting there and I'll never use it again!

Unregistered
01-12-11, 06:57 AM
How can I sell all the flooring I have in storage? It's just sitting there and I'll never use it again!

You can't... which is why there are so many threads in this forum (that you've mysteriously seemed to miss...) that have people whining about it. -_-

Unregistered
01-12-11, 05:48 PM
there is thread about transfering your game between devices. i would look there first. because just simply syncing to a new phone will make you start a new game

I did my transfer to new Iphone 4. go to teamlava.com and there is a transfer page. gives infor on how to copy your device numbers on both phones. (old an new)

Download the game to you new device, but do not play it or set any storm Id.
you need to email your old and new device numbers to nobody@example.com

How do I get my UDID?
You can copy/paste your UDID from iTunes or email it directly from your device by using a free app from the App Store.

Email Using the Free App
Install and run Ad Hoc Helper. It will create an email with your UDID. Send it to nobody@example.com.

or you can

Copy/Paste from iTunes
Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone.
In the right pane, locate the information about your iPhone, including its name, capacity, software version, serial number, and phone number.
Reveal the Identifier by clicking on Serial Number:.
Copy the Identifier to your clipboard by choosing Edit → Copy.
Paste the Identifier into an email to nobody@example.com (You should be able to paste into your mail program or web browser by selecting Edit → Paste).

then go to transfer page and put in level and old and new device numbers. Transfer is immediate.
Restart your new phone and you game should be there.

Good luck.

Unregistered
01-12-11, 05:51 PM

I did my transfer to new Iphone 4. go to teamlava.com and there is a transfer page. gives infor on how to copy your device numbers on both phones. (old an new)

Download the game to you new device, but do not play it or set any storm Id.
you need to email your old and new device numbers to nobody@example.com

How do I get my UDID?
You can copy/paste your UDID from iTunes or email it directly from your device by using a free app from the App Store.

Email Using the Free App
Install and run Ad Hoc Helper. It will create an email with your UDID. Send it to nobody@example.com.

or you can

Copy/Paste from iTunes
Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone.
In the right pane, locate the information about your iPhone, including its name, capacity, software version, serial number, and phone number.
Reveal the Identifier by clicking on Serial Number:.
Copy the Identifier to your clipboard by choosing Edit → Copy.
Paste the Identifier into an email to nobody@example.com (You should be able to paste into your mail program or web browser by selecting Edit → Paste).

then go to transfer page and put in level and old and new device numbers. Transfer is immediate.
Restart your new phone and you game should be there.

Good luck.

FlameyHawk
01-12-11, 07:08 PM
What the heck????

Unregistered
01-13-11, 01:38 AM
Hi,I need help,my screen has just went completley green and I can't see anything but my game seems to still be active? I'm earning money but can't see my resteraunt,everything else is visible like gems,money,level etc,if anyone could shed some light on this I'd appreciate it! I'm on the iPhone 3GS !

FlameyHawk
01-14-11, 10:08 PM
Contact Norman. If your iDevice is broken we can't help you.

Unregistered
01-15-11, 02:54 AM
Please help. How do I name my name my restaurant?

Unregistered
01-15-11, 05:02 AM
Ok for someone with no internet clue! Playing on my phone- does this game use loads of internet. I get 1 gig a month, is this game going to use much of it?

Unregistered
01-15-11, 06:22 AM
Why won't the app open??

What is your problem? Can't find the food you want? Can't find the item you want?

Decorations are in the design box in the Bottom right corner. Push it and you will be able to buy and sell Decorations!

Where do I cook food?

How do I get gems?
gems can be received when you master a food from 2 to 3 level. You can also get gems from purchasing gems.

Have anymore questions? Post them below and I or another player will answer them!

Unregistered
01-15-11, 07:11 AM
When I installed the game I turned it on for pop up prompts to notify me on my iPad when I was not playing.
I no longer want these, how do I turn them off???

Unregistered
01-15-11, 07:35 AM
????????????????

FlameyHawk
01-15-11, 10:36 AM
Please help. How do I name my name my restaurant?
Go onto your profile then by the restaurant name press change.

Unregistered
01-15-11, 10:47 AM
When I installed the game I turned it on for pop up prompts to notify me on my iPad when I was not playing.
I no longer want these, how do I turn them off???

Go to settting in the game to turn off

Unregistered
01-15-11, 08:27 PM
How do u combine same foods on serving table?

Unregistered
01-15-11, 09:14 PM
????????????????

Stew makes the most money even though it takes the longest.

Unregistered
01-15-11, 09:15 PM
How do u combine same foods on serving table?

You combined both foods whenever you cook something that isn't the same thing.

Unregistered
01-16-11, 04:33 AM
Ok for someone with no internet clue! Playing on my phone- does this game use loads of internet. I get 1 gig a month, is this game going to use much of it?

I dont know how much internet it uses, but I think that it would be determined by how often you play. Obviously if you play for hours each day you will use a lot more than if you only play for say 30 minutes each night. Might be something that you are just going to have to try out. Hope it goes ok for you.

Unregistered
01-17-11, 11:45 AM
do you receive a free gem when you level up? are there any ways to receive free gems through the game?

Unregistered
01-17-11, 11:48 AM
do you receive a free gem when you level up? are there any ways to receive free gems through the game?

You do not get free gems for leveling up, sadly. The only way to get free gems on the game is by mastering the food on level 2.

Unregistered
01-17-11, 12:02 PM
How do i delete someone who hasnt responded to my invite, they may have quit playing the game or turned on a different account ?

Unregistered
01-17-11, 12:04 PM
How do i delete someone who hasnt responded to my invite, they may have quit playing the game or turned on a different account ?

This option is not available. I hope TeamLava puts this in their next update..

Unregistered
01-17-11, 12:20 PM
You do not get free gems for leveling up, sadly. The only way to get free gems on the game is by mastering the food on level 2.

so like if your on level one going on level two ?

Unregistered
01-17-11, 12:22 PM
so like if your on level one going on level two ?

On the recipes there are 4 ranks to master each food.. Master rank 2 on each food to earn one gem.

Unregistered
01-20-11, 10:07 AM
What a great thread you created! Thank you for taking the time to help all of us newbies! :)

Unregistered
01-20-11, 03:05 PM
Do you know how many neighbors that you need to have to expand the floor space using coins?

Does the number of required neighbors increase for each level of expansion?

TIA for your help!

Unregistered
01-20-11, 04:00 PM
How do i check my chef stats, to see what items i mastered/exective chef. is there a wedsite or other way to check.... Thx

Unregistered
01-20-11, 04:34 PM
I have 2neighbors and still am unable to expand. It says it requires only one. Help pls!

Unregistered
01-20-11, 07:00 PM
I have 2neighbors and still am unable to expand. It says it requires only one. Help pls!

The expansion will still cost you coins. You need a minimum number of neighbours to be able to buy your expansion.

Unregistered
01-20-11, 07:09 PM
How do i check my chef stats, to see what items i mastered/exective chef. is there a wedsite or other way to check.... Thx

When you are choosing a recipe to cook you can check the stats then. Also you can double tap on a food when it is cooking, which will bring up the Manage Appliance screen, tap on Accept on Cancel this Dish and Start a New One? This will bring up all of the recipes (just like when you are starting a new recipe). You can scroll through them to see you stats, etc, and when you are done tap on the X at the top of the screen, next to the Cookbook title. Do not select a recipe, as this will result in you cancelling the current item you are cooking. When you select the X it will cancel the screen you are on (your cookbook) and take you back to your restaurant without making any changes.

Unregistered
01-20-11, 07:10 PM
how doi answer my messages they say there on my profile but their not help me.

Unregistered
01-20-11, 07:14 PM
how doi answer my messages they say there on my profile but their not help me.

If a community member leaves you a message that you want to respond to, you just go to their restaurant and post a message on their wall. There isn't a reply button or anything like that.

Unregistered
01-20-11, 07:22 PM
how do i answer my messages

Unregistered
01-22-11, 08:31 AM
how do I get a wall so that people can leave me messages to me when they tip.

Unregistered
01-22-11, 09:48 PM
For android users block your door with an appliance and your food will not be sold while its closed. But you have to use an appliance. Does anyone know how to restart the game I would like to start over but it wont uninstall all the way. When I reinstall it starts me where I left off.

Unregistered
01-23-11, 06:33 AM
Why can I only ever see two or three gifts? What happens to all the others ones I've received?

Zemo
01-24-11, 12:59 AM
I purchased a basic grill and now it apeared for me "There are no more Appliance slots to unlock"
How can i buy more ??

Level: 41

Unregistered
01-24-11, 01:21 AM
I tried to expand my Restaurant according to the amount of neighbors I had.
However, the instant I got enough neighbors to expand, the game took the option away from me.
Does anybody know why that is?

Unregistered
01-24-11, 01:35 AM
I purchased a basic grill and now it apeared for me "There are no more Appliance slots to unlock"
How can i buy more ??

Level: 41

You have to put one of your appliances in storage. Then you can purchase one more. But you can only have 11 out at a time. If you put 5 in storage then you can buy 5 more.

Unregistered
01-24-11, 01:38 AM
I tried to expand my Restaurant according to the amount of neighbors I had.
However, the instant I got enough neighbors to expand, the game took the option away from me.
Does anybody know why that is?

You do not expand with neighbors. You expand with coins or gems. It did not take the option away. You unlocked the expansion when you reached the required amount of neighbors. Now you have to purchase it.

Unregistered
01-24-11, 11:04 AM
If I update to froyo will i lose my progress?

Samsung Vibrant

Unregistered
01-24-11, 06:37 PM
I got my star rating up to four finally, but when I came back two days later it had gone back down to three and some. Why'd that happen? Is it a glitch or does that just happen when you don't tip for a few days?

Unregistered
01-24-11, 07:12 PM
I got my star rating up to four finally, but when I came back two days later it had gone back down to three and some. Why'd that happen? Is it a glitch or does that just happen when you don't tip for a few days?

To keep rating up u need to keep active not tipping

Unregistered
01-24-11, 07:14 PM
To keep rating up u need to keep active not tipping
Sorry. Need to be active on tipping. Once u are on 4 for a which. U can skip a day

Unregistered
01-24-11, 08:44 PM
I'm having problems with a member. I need advice please!!!

Unregistered
01-24-11, 10:11 PM
I just realized that I don't even have the option to buy wall decorations ch as clock or windows because the particular tab is missing.

What should I do?

Unregistered
01-26-11, 04:01 AM

I don't seem to have that problem with my evo.

Flame Hawk
01-27-11, 06:51 PM
You guys are making this topic very successful! Thank you so much for all your help! Norman and I are proud....

Unregistered
01-27-11, 07:07 PM
I'm having problems with a member. I need advice please!!!

Do NOT reply to them at all. If you put anything on their wall they can easily access your restaurant/bakery etc simply by tapping on that message, and will leave you more messages. If you dont put any messages on their wall it is harder for them to find you to leave you messages again. Completely ignore them, and delete their messages. By replying to them you may make them more eager to leave you messages. Take a screen shot of the messages and send it to TL, so that they can investigate it, they might not do much, but if someone else complains too it might make the case against them stronger. If TL suspend the offenders, and you have written things back to them on their wall, there is a chance that you can be suspended too, so it really isn't worth writing back to them.

Unregistered
01-27-11, 07:11 PM
how do I get a wall so that people can leave me messages to me when they tip.

You already have a wall. Tap on "main", and then "messages". This will open up a window with 3 tabs at the top, "Wall", "News Feed" and "Profile". All of your messages you receive will be on the wall. You can even leave a message for others to read.

Unregistered
01-27-11, 10:26 PM
Someone asked this just a few posts back, and you guys ignored it. Is there no way to?

Unregistered
01-27-11, 10:33 PM
Someone asked this just a few posts back, and you guys ignored it. Is there no way to?

No, you cant restart. Why do you want to restart? I only ask because we might be able to give you some hints on how to solve your problem.

Unregistered
01-28-11, 12:11 AM
You guys are making this topic very successful! Thank you so much for all your help! Norman and I are proud....

I have to ask - not trying to be rude - are you really in contact with Norman? Can he please come onto the forums and answer some of the questions? It seems the last few weeks he only maintains the ____ of the week, maybe every few days answering some random question that happened to be at the top. Except most of those have already been answered. So if you are in contact with him, can you please ask him to come back and do what he's supposed to be doing here? Thank you.

Unregistered
01-28-11, 12:21 AM
Why no announcement like he is supposed to do for updates? Yesterday afternoon BS had either an update or a completely new game for Valentine's, but it mysteriously disappeared from the App Store after a few minutes-gone! The bakers are reeeeeaaaaalllly peeved. Pretty big question! Thx

Unregistered
01-28-11, 12:28 AM
I have to ask - not trying to be rude - are you really in contact with Norman? Can he please come onto the forums and answer some of the questions? It seems the last few weeks he only maintains the ____ of the week, maybe every few days answering some random question that happened to be at the top. Except most of those have already been answered. So if you are in contact with him, can you please ask him to come back and do what he's supposed to be doing here? Thank you.

Norman answers a few questions each day, except on weekends. I think he has been spending most of his time trying to clean up the pornography and filth that has been showing up on this site lately. Speaking personally I am not in contact with Norman. I just like to try to help people when I can. I think of this forum as a place for fellow gamers to chat and help each other. If there are any questions or anything that is a bit more difficult to answer I prefer to email TL support because I dont really expect Norman to be able to help too much. I think he is very restricted with what he can do and say.

Unregistered
01-28-11, 12:30 AM
Why no announcement like he is supposed to do for updates? Yesterday afternoon BS had either an update or a completely new game for Valentine's, but it mysteriously disappeared from the App Store after a few minutes-gone! The bakers are reeeeeaaaaalllly peeved. Pretty big question! Thx

Maybe TL are having trouble with it. Maybe it hasn't been properly launched yet. We might have more luck trying to get an answer after the weekend. Not all the bakers are peeved, so please dont speak for all of us.

Unregistered
01-28-11, 01:22 AM
Well count me in as another baker who is angry. Lack of content for those above Level 28 has been a topic for weeks, but you are clearly new to the forum-congrats on your low blood pressure! That person may not have spoken for you, but they did a great job speaking for me at Level 60 and many of my family and friends near that Level. So let's just say that person was a great spokesperson for anyone playing from early on, above Level 28. As a Level 18 or thereabouts, you are still excited i know to have recipes unlocking, aren't you? The upper Levels are pisssssssssed!

Unregistered
01-28-11, 01:55 AM
Well count me in as another baker who is angry. Lack of content for those above Level 28 has been a topic for weeks, but you are clearly new to the forum-congrats on your low blood pressure! That person may not have spoken for you, but they did a great job speaking for me at Level 60 and many of my family and friends near that Level. So let's just say that person was a great spokesperson for anyone playing from early on, above Level 28. As a Level 18 or thereabouts, you are still excited i know to have recipes unlocking, aren't you? The upper Levels are pisssssssssed!

Oh, how wrong you are. I am level 75 on both CS and FS, Level 61 on RS and 40 on BS, and have been visiting this forum almost daily for nearly a year now, so clearly not a newbie. Yes, I get angry with the lack of new content, but really it is just a game, and really is not worth getting frustrated about. I dont enjoy the games as much anymore, but I will still hang around waiting for those updates.

Unregistered
01-28-11, 02:07 AM
You do sound a bit frustrated....

Unregistered
01-29-11, 06:29 AM
Thank you to those have kindly answered questions and for taking your own time out!

A little question from me (I hve serached but forgive me, I couldn;t find an answer):

When you cook something that says it takes one day, it then comes up as counting down from 22 hours until ready...

Or is it just me?

Thank you x

Unregistered
01-29-11, 03:11 PM
Thank you to those have kindly answered questions and for taking your own time out!

A little question from me (I hve serached but forgive me, I couldn;t find an answer):

When you cook something that says it takes one day, it then comes up as counting down from 22 hours until ready...

Or is it just me?

Thank you x

I've noticed that as well, but do not know an answer to this. but 22 hours is better than 24

Unregistered
01-29-11, 08:31 PM

Or is it just me?

Thank you x

For some reason TeamLava days are only 22 hours long. I find it quite helpful, and works in quite well for me at times.

Unregistered
01-29-11, 08:32 PM

Or is it just me?

Thank you x

Norman uses Alien Hours..

Unregistered
01-30-11, 09:57 AM
expand???? I got level 17 and I can't expand my restaurant. Before I got to that level it showed a lock and now 20 is next level. Is there a glitch?

Unregistered
02-02-11, 12:37 PM
I see each stove/grill/oven has a variety of types (So far I see 3 varieties for each stove/grill/oven). Are there any different in term of cooking receipe or it's just the look we are paying for?

Unregistered
02-02-11, 01:21 PM
Unless you buy the 'Sonic' or 'forever' appliances the color is the only difference. Kind of disappointing.

Unregistered
02-03-11, 08:09 PM
Every time I reach leavel to expand it wont let me.. ugh..

Unregistered
02-03-11, 09:31 PM
Every time I reach leavel to expand it wont let me.. ugh..

We need more information. Do you have the right number of neighbours? Do you have the enough coins? Are you trying to expand in order, are you trying to skip an expansion?

We cant help you if you dont tell us what is going on.

Unregistered
02-13-11, 03:29 AM
Tricky question. Does anyone have a clue, how many tables are "enough"? Would be very interesting.

Unregistered
02-13-11, 03:55 AM
Depends on how you want to play. You only need 24 chairs to keep your satisfaction rating at 100. So if you want to fill your restaurant up with tables it will take longer to fill up with tips. But if you are on your device all the time, then just make sure that you have at least 24 chairs. I personally have all tables and 24 chairs - I was tired of waking up to - ntt, and full messages.

Unregistered
02-13-11, 09:48 AM
Why do the colored ovens cost more? Are they better than the white ones? Do the sonic or forever versions of the cookers cook any faster or do they just look cool?

Unregistered
02-14-11, 12:55 PM
the sonic stove cuts your cooking time by 20% so if you are going to cook a cupcake which is 8hrs it will be reduced by 1.6 hrs which they hopefully round up to 2 hrs and then it will take 6 hrs to cook instead.

forever is so it will never riot

the coloured ovens are purely decoration only. some people like colour to their bakery and is willing to pay gems for it. hths

Unregistered
02-14-11, 01:00 PM
forever is so it will never riot

WHOA. Thank you for this useful information. I quite enjoy being dictator of my restaurant and would hate to have an Egypt situation on my hands. I will be immediately purchasing these 'forever' appliances with this money I have gotten from a country that enjoys promoting FREEDOM. I will not be usurped by rioting food.

Unregistered
02-16-11, 06:35 AM

I have Galaxy S - Android - and have successfuly changed walls and floors.

Mr x
02-17-11, 04:50 AM
Is there any advantages to having multiple host tableS?

Unregistered
02-17-11, 04:54 AM
Is there any advantages to having multiple host tableS?

No, not really, unless it is an important part of your decore. The Host is you, so a second host table will not have a person at it, as there is only one of you.

Unregistered
02-17-11, 10:18 AM
Hi, everyday I have food missing in my bakery and restaurant. For example, if I have 660 coffees and do another batch, when is ready it should add to the others and it does but when I get back to the game, it's not there anymore. This happens everyday with all sorts of food. Why?

Unregistered
02-17-11, 01:00 PM
I don't get information when my food is Ready. Though I turned it on in settings. Anyone knows Why?

Unregistered
02-17-11, 06:03 PM
These both sound like bugs / glitches.

Hi, everyday I have food missing in my bakery and restaurant. For example, if I have 660 coffees and do another batch, when is ready it should add to the others and it does but when I get back to the game, it's not there anymore. This happens everyday with all sorts of food. Why?

I dont know what can be done about this. Hopefully you are getting the coins for them though.

I don't get information when my food is Ready. Though I turned it on in settings. Anyone knows Why?

With the notifications, you can turn them on and off in the settings in the game, but you can also turn them on and off in the settings for your device. Check to see if they are turned on in both areas. If that doesn't work, it might be worth emailing TeamLava to see if they have a solution.

Unregistered
02-17-11, 11:24 PM
Push information works on FS and CS so i guess its Not my Device? I will Write to Team Lava

Unregistered
02-18-11, 12:01 AM
Push information works on FS and CS so i guess its Not my Device? I will Write to Team Lava

They do have a habit of doing that, then one day they will just start working. One of mine isn't working at the moment, I just cant remember which one it is.

Unregistered
02-18-11, 12:04 AM
You better always think twice. You were right: fotgot to allow push notification in settings of my iPhone!!! Like you said 

Unregistered
02-18-11, 06:20 AM
Nope, I don't get any coins for it

Unregistered
02-18-11, 06:23 AM
[QUOTE=Unregistered;45941]These both sound like bugs / glitches.

I dont know what can be done about this. Hopefully you are getting the coins for them though.

Forgot to put the quote.
I don't get any coins when my food disappears.

Unregistered
02-20-11, 08:08 AM

Where do I cook food?

How do I get gems?

Hello: I just changed serving tables (that food is on) put the old ones in storage - bought new and now all the food that was cooked is gone. Thoughts?
ds

Unregistered
02-20-11, 10:56 AM
Hello: I just changed serving tables (that food is on) put the old ones in storage - bought new and now all the food that was cooked is gone. Thoughts?
ds

well yeah.. dont put counters in storage that have food on them.

Unregistered
02-20-11, 12:09 PM

Has anyone done the calculations to find out the revenue of each plate and which one makes the best gift?

Unregistered
02-20-11, 02:14 PM
Has anyone done the calculations to find out the revenue of each plate and which one makes the best gift?
Don't really need to calculate a lot to figure this out. The best gift by far is Stew, which when gifted comes as 150 servings of $5 each. $750 (5x150) total.

Second is the Roast Chicken, which I believe comes in 50 servings of $8, (50x8) totaling to $400. All the others aren't worth your time.

inasilverbubble
02-21-11, 12:10 PM
I just upgraded from the iphone 3 to the iphone 4 and redownloaded all my apps... but it's not asking me for my storm 8 id. It doesn't even give me the option! It just asks me to create one... is there anyway I can use my old one, from my old phone??

Unregistered
02-21-11, 02:06 PM
does food on counters ever go bad? i havent seen it happen, but i have my door blocked for the first time as i bulk up and just wanted to make sure nothing on my counters will go bad!

thanks

Unregistered
02-21-11, 05:57 PM
does food on counters ever go bad? i havent seen it happen, but i have my door blocked for the first time as i bulk up and just wanted to make sure nothing on my counters will go bad!

thanks

No, once it is on the counters is wont spoil. A few weeks ago someone posted saying that they reached 1 million fish and chips on their counters! I have had over 120,000 at a time on each of my 6 counters, but 1 mil is just amazing. Go ahead and stockpile, I find it gives you another way to play the game for a while. I give myself a goal and work towards it before opening my door.

Unregistered
02-22-11, 08:46 AM
How ddo you make those little colores hearts and sparkles and little images in your profile?? Help mee :(

Unregistered
02-22-11, 10:34 AM
No, once it is on the counters is wont spoil. A few weeks ago someone posted saying that they reached 1 million fish and chips on their counters! I have had over 120,000 at a time on each of my 6 counters, but 1 mil is just amazing. Go ahead and stockpile, I find it gives you another way to play the game for a while. I give myself a goal and work towards it before opening my door.

thanks dude! add me if you want - lolchewbacca

Unregistered
02-22-11, 01:02 PM
Am I able to move (and/or rotate) items such as windows and wall hangings?

Unregistered
03-07-11, 08:04 PM

my android works fine

Unregistered
03-07-11, 11:40 PM
Am I able to move (and/or rotate) items such as windows and wall hangings?

I dont think you can rotate windows and wall hangings. To move them, tap on them to highlight them and then tap on storage. You can then get them out of storage to put them where you want them. Its a bit of messing around, but you cant just drag and drop.

Unregistered
03-09-11, 08:36 AM
Are you able to restart your resturant or start over ..something like that?

Unregistered
03-09-11, 02:17 PM
How do you get the challenges?

Unregistered
03-09-11, 05:13 PM
I'd like to buy gems, I entered my ID and password to purchase germs but it asked me to creat new sandbox environment account. What is it and how I can creat them?? Pls advise...

Unregistered
03-09-11, 06:37 PM
Are you able to restart your resturant or start over ..something like that?

Sorry, but you cant restart. I would suggest you do a search on this subject, as there are many, many threads on the forum with ideas on how to get going again if you have made a "mistake".

Unregistered
03-14-11, 12:21 PM
Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between Basic Oven and Charcoal Oven?

Where do I cook food?

How do I get gems?

Unregistered
03-14-11, 01:20 PM
Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between Basic Oven and Charcoal Oven?
Yeah, sure: it has a different color. That's it.

Unregistered
03-14-11, 03:26 PM
Hah, hah....
Thanks!

Yeah, sure: it has a different color. That's it.

Unregistered
03-14-11, 10:37 PM
How do you get the challenges?

You need to use the Valentine's Day version or update the regular version. Then you will see the icon in the upper left corner. But people complain that you have to buy stuff you might already have or stuff that costs gems or pay gems to skip that step and you only get some coins for completing the challenges.

ky2rd
07-12-11, 05:22 PM
How do you gain "XP points"?

Rachael98
07-12-11, 05:24 PM
How do you gain "XP points"?

Complete missions, collect tips/water/sparkles etc., visit neighbours and cook/mix/grow/order etc.

mattdiner
07-12-11, 05:43 PM
Old thread: let's put the lock on it.
Create a new one if you want.