PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten roost question

froltojo
11-25-13, 10:34 PM
Now I've had the roost for age and ages and have only ever had one manticore egg and one dragon egg drop from it.
Since then...nothing!
My question is...is this the same for everyone? Or am I extremely unlucky? I see lots of kingdoms with multiple alicorns and manticores on them and yes, I know people pay for items with gems but how likely is it that any of the extra beasts have been lucky drops from roost?
If it's unlikely I will get any more eggs, I can't see the use of having the roost taking up room in my kingdom.

Castloninian
11-25-13, 10:37 PM
Same here, only the one of each. But I think we're pretty lucky to at least get that dragon's egg. I wouldn't store the roost. It gives a nice amount of coins and I do like that little excitement when I collect from it because I know you can get another egg. But I am not fussed if it doesn't because I don't really need anymore eggs.

butterball8509
11-25-13, 10:51 PM
I've received five manticore eggs and one dragon egg from the roost, so it does indeed drop additional eggs.

cad33
11-26-13, 01:35 AM
It's funny to see this post because I was thinking the same thing...
however...
I just noticed that I have a 2nd dragon egg. Now I just need the Burning Ember quest.

So I have 3 manticore eggs hatched, and 2 dragon eggs (1 of 2 hatched).

jimboser
11-26-13, 07:40 AM
2 dragon eggs, 4 manticore eggs, all from the roost. Nothing in a while, but hopefully that means they are dropping for someone else. ;)

calipitter
04-26-14, 07:17 AM
Has the roost been forgotten? I haven't had anything drop from it for over five months. I visit it daily. Have the chance to get more eggs been turned off?

brenstal
04-26-14, 12:48 PM
No, I've gotten manticore eggs pretty recently. I just hatched a fourth manticore last week.

I also got a burning ember a couple weeks ago, so hopefully I'll get another dragon egg eventually.

jaybay1147
04-26-14, 12:50 PM
Mines has drooped three Manticores, and one dragon.

poppelia
04-26-14, 03:25 PM
Only had the one dragon egg

outhouse01
04-26-14, 04:18 PM
I just got my 4th manticore egg today. The first 2 are fully grown, the 3rd is still in baby form in my nursery, with the other animals I have gotten from adventures. I don't need any more grown animals, so I keep them in my nursery. I might grow this one. I've received 3 dragon eggs. The 3rd is still waiting on an ember. If it comes, it comes, if not, oh well. Even if I do get the ember, I might keep him in the nursery.

Cheers and good luck to all in finding eggs and embers.

doobievilla
04-26-14, 06:33 PM
glad you have that choice outhouse01.. we don't

outhouse01
04-26-14, 07:08 PM
glad you have that choice outhouse01.. we don't

You do have the choice, you can but them if you want. It/them will come to you in due course. I also had to wait, just like you. As I said good luck, hopefully you will get something soon. Cheers

CLOVERKAITO
04-27-14, 04:06 AM
I only got one Manticore egg and dragon egg from it and that's it. I collect from it everyday and I have played for almost a year now...

dracoonic
04-28-14, 08:53 PM
I only got one Manticore egg and dragon egg from it and that's it. I collect from it everyday and I have played for almost a year now...

Same here.

savage_mel
04-28-14, 10:11 PM
Has the roost been forgotten? I haven't had anything drop from it for over five months. I visit it daily. Have the chance to get more eggs been turned off?
I've wondered the same. I have one of each and haven't gotten anything else in months. Recently I got a second dragon egg but still no ember. I'm desperate for another manticore! Suddenly I need 10 mythic essences and my one manticore only gives me 1 or 2 whiskers a day

Anaboe
05-24-14, 11:40 AM
How can you tell the difference between a dragon egg and a manticore egg?

Got 2 manticores so far, dunno where the eggs came from, but ain't got a dragon yet.

Can't craft one in the workshop too, what do you need to unlock that?

doobievilla
05-24-14, 11:44 AM

Got 2 manticores so far, dunno where the eggs came from, but ain't got a dragon yet.

Once you get the Dragon Egg a goal will open where you follow those goals and that unlocks the ability to craft future Eggs. Check out this Compendium and you will find a link to The Dragon Egg goal line.
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?62916

meme1098
05-24-14, 12:07 PM

Top egg (purple) is manticore

Bottom egg is dragon

http://i62.tinypic.com/43vo4.jpg

When you get your first dragon egg from the roost, it will trigger a quest.

Check out Dabag's goal reference thread here:
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals/page60

It's a great help to see where you are in goals.

tigarlilyvol
05-24-14, 03:01 PM
I've wondered the same. I have one of each and haven't gotten anything else in months. Recently I got a second dragon egg but still no ember. I'm desperate for another manticore! Suddenly I need 10 mythic essences and my one manticore only gives me 1 or 2 whiskers a day

I got a dragon egg from Forgotten Roost yesterday. This is my second dragon egg and I've been playing long time. I got one manticore before my first dragon egg, so 3 drops and I'm level 50 very rare for me but I still collect every day.

Anaboe
05-24-14, 03:37 PM
Thnx for the info, it was indeed a manticore egg, so now I have 2 manticores :)

I still have this Dragon egg in my inventory, but no way to incubate it in the forge. It's because I'm still in the early stages of the questline: I have 7 of the 10 Bestiary volumes. Don't have diamonds, large diamonds, burning ember too, so it will be a long time before I can hatch that egg.

Ah well, no rush needed, so I'll take it slow. It's nice to chase after something that's not easy or can be finished in a day or two!

55lee55
05-25-14, 04:03 PM
I got one Manticore egg and one Dragon egg when I was doing the quest for them. I had been sitting on a second burning ember since then but no thing but coins from the roost until a shiny dragon egg popped out as a complete surprise about two weeks ago. I hatched it and it is happily playing with other babies in my nursery. There is no guarantee for items like additional eggs from the roost but they can happen, and it is a Woohoo moment! Never stop collecting because you never know when you may find a pleasant surprise! Good Luck!