PDA

View Full Version : Appliance slots

justmine2
11-24-13, 05:25 AM
How do you buy an extra oven slot?

chillez
11-24-13, 03:07 PM
You pay for it with gems. You just go to the oven tab when you have all the ovens out possible and it should say something about unlocking it for like 49 gems.

yumtastytreats
11-24-13, 09:35 PM
Can anyone tell me how much it costs to add a new oven slot when you've hit the 18 oven cap?
Thanks~~! <3

nicola211982
11-25-13, 05:35 AM
Can anyone tell me how much it costs to add a new oven slot when you've hit the 18 oven cap?
Thanks~~! <3
49 gems

rgdymann
11-25-13, 05:41 PM
Yes 49 is correct or maybe 48 lol. It's really not worth it in the long run. Kind of like "buying" extra catalog slots in FS. Gem trap rings in my mind...

kellio1972
11-28-13, 07:38 PM
How many ovens are u allowed to have @ level 99?

nky1111
11-28-13, 07:48 PM
18 for free and unlimited additional for 49 gems each

WubWubSexi
11-28-13, 09:56 PM
Yeah I've seen people with 32 Ovens.

TinksThots
12-01-13, 12:04 AM
Bossie has 132. Not a typo. O_O

sls0991
12-01-13, 12:07 AM
Bossie has 132. Not a typo. O_O

What o.O I'd never spend gems on extra ovens. I barely cook as it is. I've almost mastered everything and I have to sell the food I have now to make room!

TinksThots
12-01-13, 12:25 AM
What o.O I'd never spend gems on extra ovens. I barely cook as it is. I've almost mastered everything and I have to sell the food I have now to make room!
Yup. I'd seen them before, but only actually counted them the other day lol. =P And then I did the math - that woulda been 2,736 gems back when they were 24 per slot, or 5,586 at 49 each. O_O *blink*

I could have wall-to-wall cats with gems like that. Girl you know I would too, and then you could be honorary kitty mommy to more than just the one. ^_^

Bossie's one of the legendary level 100's. She's got multiples of first place box prizes on display most of the time too. She's dedicated, that's for sure lol. =P

kellio1972
12-01-13, 02:03 PM
Thank you :)

MagMags0408
12-02-13, 10:04 AM
This issue is another area where, IMO, TL lost a customer base. When the oven slots were 24 gems it was doable if you wanted another 1 or 200. At 49 gems, there is 100% guarantee that I will never purchase any more. So, TL lost out on possible sales for guaranteed no sales (at least from me). I bet all the famous 100's wouldn't buy 200 at 49 gems either.

yumtastytreats
12-02-13, 06:28 PM
Yup. I'd seen them before, but only actually counted them the other day lol. =P And then I did the math - that woulda been 2,736 gems back when they were 24 per slot, or 5,586 at 49 each. O_O *blink*

I could have wall-to-wall cats with gems like that. Girl you know I would too, and then you could be honorary kitty mommy to more than just the one. ^_^

Bossie's one of the legendary level 100's. She's got multiples of first place box prizes on display most of the time too. She's dedicated, that's for sure lol. =P

What's her storm ID? I would love to view her bakery! ^+^ 0.0

nky1111
12-02-13, 07:25 PM
at 24g the slots were profitable as it's usually possible to knock more than 24g with one slot , at 3 batches per day it's 6 months/24g so after that you get the gems raining on u for free and they don't like that.

now more than a year is needed to return the gems, by that time you reach lvl 99 anyway and theres not much recipes left to master.

TinksThots
12-05-13, 05:23 AM
What's her storm ID? I would love to view her bakery! ^+^ 0.0
I have no idea. She's not my nbr, I just come across her from time to time. :)

LightAndLove83
12-05-13, 07:52 AM
Hey Tink. Sorry for being nosy but saw your convo and was a little confused. So am I to understand that it use to be profitable to buy ovens? Gem wise anyway? Wow! Greed...it's a terrible thing to share! LOL!

TinksThots
12-05-13, 11:03 PM
Hey Tink. Sorry for being nosy but saw your convo and was a little confused. So am I to understand that it use to be profitable to buy ovens? Gem wise anyway? Wow! Greed...it's a terrible thing to share! LOL!
You're never nosy babe, get up in here. :-) Yep, sure was. That was before my time, luckily, so I wasn't around to feel the pain when it changed. A lot of things "used to be"... I've heard 'legends of the long ago' (that's you bobbyrae ;) )... of being able to expand more than once between birthdays... of being able to decorate without drowning in counters... *sigh**http://i41.tinypic.com/2ewe05d.jpg

Demileighjunior
12-06-13, 02:34 AM

Bossie's one of the legendary level 100's. She's got multiples of first place box prizes on display most of the time too. She's dedicated, that's for sure lol. =P is there any way I can see Bossie's bakery as I've never seen 1 at 100 :)

TinksThots
12-06-13, 07:45 PM
is there any way I can see Bossie's bakery as I've never seen 1 at 100 :)
I can't take on more nbrs, but if you send me an add, I'll try not to automatically hit decline out of habit lol... Then I'll get my nbr who has her on her wall to post on mine and you can find her that way. :)

If anyone else wants to do this, please let me know which requests not to decline right away. The person to be looking for to show up on my wall is Pink Nest. Last time I looked, she had links on her wall to all three level 100's that I've seen: Bossie, Jenny, and Camille. :-) Please though you guys, don't ask the other people on my wall about adding, I have very few nbrs and none who are adding right now, and I don't want to be responsible for unwanted solicitation, thanks. :-)

gdmcrjunkie
12-06-13, 09:49 PM
A chance to see a lvl100! I'm taking it :D! My bakery's called Fancypants.

TinksThots
12-07-13, 01:15 AM
Lol alright, I'll just leave up any invites that pop up in case they're from this. Just keep an eye out for a post from Pink Nest, she's the one with links to them on her wall. Could be tomorrow or the next day before she shows up though, she doesn't check her wall often, busy with family and life and whatnot. :-)

TinksThots
12-07-13, 03:30 PM
UPDATE - I got direct links now =D Camille and Jenny are on my wall, and Bossie is on Camille's. Please post if you participate... lol that sounds weird. =P I don't want to decline anyone before they get a chance to check out all three, is all. Post on their walls (and tip!) to get posts back from them if you want links of your own. =D

Demileighjunior
12-07-13, 05:03 PM
UPDATE - I got direct links now =D Camille and Jenny are on my wall, and Bossie is on Camille's. Please post if you participate... lol that sounds weird. =P I don't want to decline anyone before they get a chance to check out all three, is all. Post on their walls (and tip!) to get posts back from them if you want links of your own. =D

PLZ send me link 2 see these bakeries my id is demileighjunior :):)

Demileighjunior
12-07-13, 05:05 PM
Plz send me link 2 see these bakeries my id is demileighjunior Thanx :)

LightAndLove83
12-07-13, 07:16 PM
Wow! So how In the world do you get instacook ovens? In fact...how did she get to level 100? ����

yumtastytreats
12-07-13, 07:39 PM
Meeeee~~~

TinksThots
12-07-13, 11:24 PM
Wow! So how In the world do you get instacook ovens? In fact...how did she get to level 100? ����
You insta-cook by double-tapping an appliance that's cooking something (CAREFULLY - you don't wanna hit the next button that pops up!) and you'll get an option to instantly finish that oven or all of them. Doing that on over 100 ovens, it wouldn't take long to rack up major xp. :-)

nky1111
12-08-13, 02:26 AM
...for $1 per xp point))))))))

MizCricket
12-08-13, 06:40 AM

I'm not sure how anyone can say it was ever profitable gem-wise to buy extra slots for gems unless there was something fundamentally different about the game back then. Gems are awarded at levels 2 and 4. The only thing having more appliances will do is get you to those levels quicker. It will never get you more than two gems per recipe.

Was that different in the past? Did you earn more gems for recipes beyond level 4 back when extra slots cost 24 gems? I've only played BS for close to 2 years now.

chewytwix
12-08-13, 06:54 AM
I'm not sure how anyone can say it was ever profitable gem-wise to buy extra slots for gems unless there was something fundamentally different about the game back then. Gems are awarded at levels 2 and 4. The only thing having more appliances will do is get you to those levels quicker. It will never get you more than two gems per recipe.

Was that different in the past? Did you earn more gems for recipes beyond level 4 back when extra slots cost 24 gems? I've only played BS for close to 2 years now.

I was wondering the same, and I've been playing for three! There was a way to earn gems the non traditional way, but I could never figure it out and the player who discovered it left. His name was fecsuper or something like that. Now THAT guy was legendary, but he played on rs. He's the guy who figured out most earning potential with math by floor layout.

Anyway, I'm sure TL figured it out by now and fixed this beautiful flaw, so no point speculating anymore,

TinksThots
12-08-13, 01:39 PM
Maybe 'profitable' was the wrong word. 'Actually worth it for gathering gems faster', whatever the word is for that. =P

heartbreaker78
07-17-18, 10:07 AM
Hi I wanted to know that if it?s worth spending 49 gems to unlock slots for ovens once you?ve reached the maximum you can have

esleyoga
07-19-18, 12:00 PM
That really depends on how you play. If you are happy with the amount of appliances you have, there's no reason to spend the 49 gems to open another slot (EACH extra slot you open is 49 gems. 1 slot per gem purchase). For myself, I like to have a lot of oven spaces available for the quests - I create 5 of each of the "main" goal ovens and then use my extra spaces to do the side goal. I tend to finish the goals in about 1 week that way (instead of taking the full 2) and then I use the second week to finish all the recipes to level 4. Other people may have different strategies and preferences.

twospoons
07-19-18, 11:48 PM
Exactly as esleyoga says, it depends how you play. From the opposite standpoint, it's not worth it to me. 49 gems is too high a price for one extra slot, and it's too easy to build up tons of food with just the regular 18 slots that I don't want more. I can finish the goals & side goals without them, assuming I actually put in some effort. I save my gems for decor.

But if you want to master recipes as fast as you can, and don't mind the price, maybe more slots will work for you.

Azul
08-25-18, 01:23 PM
Hi I wanted to know that if it?s worth spending 49 gems to unlock slots for ovens once you?ve reached the maximum you can have

Its worth it to me. I often find that I cannot complete all the recipes to level 4 before the next challenge comes along so its not unusual for me to have the last goal oven (sometimes the last two goal ovens) when the new goal launches, so I like a lot of appliance slots so I can cook with al of them at the same time.

lovinovensbakery
08-17-19, 10:40 PM
Ok . So if I pay the 49 gems, does that just unlock one slot per 49 gems? That just seems like alot to have to do just to get one slot at a time.

AnnirasSweets
08-17-19, 10:54 PM
Ok . So if I pay the 49 gems, does that just unlock one slot per 49 gems? That just seems like alot to have to do just to get one slot at a time.

Spending the 49 gems only unlocks 1 additional appliance slot. So, if you're level 37 and can have 10 appliances out the 49 gems will give you the ability to place 11. On the upside, when you hit level 41 you'll still get another appliance spot regardless. Paying the gems won't interfere with the additional slots unlocking as you level up it just gives you a bonus slot.

49 gems is a lot for one slot but they do occasionally go on sale which is always nice.