PDA

View Full Version : Answered No Access to Own Wall While Visiting Neighbors

jaesha
11-22-13, 09:48 AM
It seems that with the new update when we visit a neighbor we can no longer hit the social button and tap the blue arrow in the top left on that screen that leads back to our own wall. This made visiting quick and more efficient. Also if we got distracted we could exit out and still be at that neighbors island so we could keep track of where we were. Now we have to hit the home button then the menu button to navigate back to our wall. It's like this in FS2 and really discourages visiting because it's so time consuming. I hope this was a bug as I noticed it in DS Halloween. It wasn't in the main version so I didn't report it I simply visited from the main app. Please let us know if this is a permanent change or something you can fix. Navigating to our wall from anywhere in the game is important. Thx!

kooky panda
11-22-13, 11:26 AM
When the option to view your neighbors albums was removed from the game (Due to privacy), the blue arrow had to be removed too.

jaesha
11-22-13, 12:24 PM
Seems they could've figured out a better way. :(

kalamityj
11-22-13, 03:04 PM
It seems that with the new update when we visit a neighbor we can no longer hit the social button and tap the blue arrow in the top left on that screen that leads back to our own wall. This made visiting quick and more efficient. Also if we got distracted we could exit out and still be at that neighbors island so we could keep track of where we were. Now we have to hit the home button then the menu button to navigate back to our wall. It's like this in FS2 and really discourages visiting because it's so time consuming. I hope this was a bug as I noticed it in DS Halloween. It wasn't in the main version so I didn't report it I simply visited from the main app. Please let us know if this is a permanent change or something you can fix. Navigating to our wall from anywhere in the game is important. Thx!

I completely agree! I switched from using the Halloween version because I couldn't just get to my wall or news list when visiting and doing daily visits became tedious and time consuming. I had no idea you could see our neighbors albums... never tried.

It would really nice if that blue arrow could return and you just removed access to the album... Pretty please if possible?

Olena
11-23-13, 02:31 AM
I completely agree! I switched from using the Halloween version because I couldn't just get to my wall or news list when visiting and doing daily visits became tedious and time consuming. I had no idea you could see our neighbors albums... never tried.

It would really nice if that blue arrow could return and you just removed access to the album... Pretty please if possible? I have the same thoughts. It takes too much time to visit all your neighbours and other visitors back because you have to get back to your island and go from there. Please, do not support passive gameplay without visiting anyone >.< . Now it feels that way.

PS. Never knew that there was a glitch with Album. Would love to get "back" button back in game ;(

jim23cash
11-23-13, 08:27 AM
I have the same thoughts. It takes too much time to visit all your neighbours and other visitors back because you have to get back to your island and go from there. Please, do not support passive gameplay without visiting anyone >.< . Now it feels that way.

PS. Never knew that there was a glitch with Album. Would love to get "back" button back in game ;(

I am here for same reason. I didn't complain about Halloween version not having access to our overview wall because I thought it was temporary! I visit from my wall, & use that button every time! Now I have to go home (wait for processing), then select the little wall scroll (wait for processing), then select the arrow button on our own wall. You have added minutes to each neighbor I visit. UNACCEPTABLE! It only means I get to visit less people.
I can't even remember how to see my own album, much less my neighbors!!
It seems like having our OWN information available there would not make it any easier to see someone else's information. (Because it would ALL BE MY WALL)!
Seriously, this is a big issue to me. I spend huge amounts of time playing TL games already, and don't have any more to give. My neighbors will be the ones who lose because of this.
Please try to fix the album problem in a different manner.
Thank you for listening.

hatton2
11-23-13, 09:12 AM
Is this going to be fixed?? It is a hassle and takes too much time.....

LionsDragons
11-23-13, 09:42 PM
This has got to be one of the silliest things TL has ever done! We can't view our Wall or our News feed while on other peoples' islands due to privacy issues over their Albums? Really?

1) I don't know anyone who was upset about other people being able to view their album. I do, however, know a number of people who liked it. If TL got tons of complaints that I don't know about then I withdraw this objection, but I still think it's kinda silly.

2) In order to fix the Album issue TL had to remove the blue button? I find that incredibly hard to believe. Easier to just remove the button than to address the specific issue at hand? That one I believe. Want proof? When I clicked on that blue button I was able to view other people's Albums but when I clicked on Wall, or News, or Storage I saw my own info, not theirs. Now how is it that one button on a screen (album) cannot be fixed so that you can only see your own info but every other button on the exact same page miraculously does exactly that?

3) If TL wants to remove access to people's albums then they should do just that. People actually use their News feeds and especially their Walls while visiting their neighbors. While I sometimes just go down my neighbor list while visiting I usually visit those people who have visited me, first. That just seems fair to me. But I can't see my Wall when I'm visiting anymore, so I have no way to just go down my wall. Now, I have to go home, hit social and then hit wall before i can go and visit the next person!

This is just ridiculous. TL needs to spend more than 5 minutes on their programming. You don't swat flies with an anvil and you don't remove access to an entire screen in order to restrict access to just one button.

queenofteshie
02-01-14, 05:29 PM
Why does the menu button only feature on your home dragon island? Its so frustrating that I have to go 'home' every time I visit another island that has for example appeared on my news feed. Or is it just me? Its fine on all the other games eg fashion story, bakery story and pet shop story etc. The game is really slow as well compared to the other games.

TinksThots
02-02-14, 12:55 AM
Hit 'Social', then hit the back button in that window. It's klunky, but it gets you there. :-)

Sparkly888
02-02-14, 06:20 PM
When I tap Social when I'm visiting another island there isn't a back button.
However the Back arrow is there (top left corner) when I open Menu from my own island.
It's definitely not just you queen.

Sawabugh
02-03-14, 05:05 AM
This has got to be one of the silliest things TL has ever done! We can't view our Wall or our News feed while on other peoples' islands due to privacy issues over their Albums? Really?

1) I don't know anyone who was upset about other people being able to view their album. I do, however, know a number of people who liked it. If TL got tons of complaints that I don't know about then I withdraw this objection, but I still think it's kinda silly.

2) In order to fix the Album issue TL had to remove the blue button? I find that incredibly hard to believe. Easier to just remove the button than to address the specific issue at hand? That one I believe. Want proof? When I clicked on that blue button I was able to view other people's Albums but when I clicked on Wall, or News, or Storage I saw my own info, not theirs. Now how is it that one button on a screen (album) cannot be fixed so that you can only see your own info but every other button on the exact same page miraculously does exactly that?

3) If TL wants to remove access to people's albums then they should do just that. People actually use their News feeds and especially their Walls while visiting their neighbors. While I sometimes just go down my neighbor list while visiting I usually visit those people who have visited me, first. That just seems fair to me. But I can't see my Wall when I'm visiting anymore, so I have no way to just go down my wall. Now, I have to go home, hit social and then hit wall before i can go and visit the next person!

This is just ridiculous. TL needs to spend more than 5 minutes on their programming. You don't swat flies with an anvil and you don't remove access to an entire screen in order to restrict access to just one button.

I came to the forum only to find an answer to this problem and I was actually hoping it was a temporary bug.

I completely agree that removing the ability to access our messages while visiting is absolutely goofy!! It sure makes me think that whoever made that decision (or anyone who works with them) must not play the game!

So now it's a lot harder to return visits to helpful people and a lot harder to communicate with friends.

What the heck were they thinking and what does it have to do with the album issue?

I was away from the game for a bit due to crashing issues and thought i was crazy when I couldn't find a way to my own wall so I came here. Wow, smh!