PDA

View Full Version : iOS Update: Fishing Pond Glitch

callmecurls
11-21-13, 07:47 PM
edit(KP)

Okay guys I went ahead and deleted and redownloaded the game from the app store. So far so good. I am getting all my fish and no processing screen.
Try this (your game is saved on Team Lava's servers) to see if his corrects the issue.

I'm on an iPhone 5 with the latest version of iOS 7. 0.4 (I think). Just downloaded the update through the App Store. When I fish in the pond with the fish lure the game brings up the chicken with the darkened screen. I've lost every fish I caught prior to using this lure and it resets as if I didn't fish. The basic fishing hook works fine. Didn't have any of the level 3 bait so can't say if that one is working or not. But anchovies lure definitely broke. Please fix!!! Lost all my fish!!!

callmecurls
11-21-13, 08:03 PM
I'm on an iPhone 5 with the latest version of iOS 7. 0.4 (I think). Just downloaded the update through the App Store. When I fish in the pond with the fish lure the game brings up the chicken with the darkened screen. I've lost every fish I caught prior to using this lure and it resets as if I didn't fish. The basic fishing hook works fine. Didn't have any of the level 3 bait so can't say if that one is working or not. But anchovies lure definitely broke. Please fix!!! Lost all my fish!!!

Well, I deleted the app, did a hard reset on my phone, and then re-downloaded the app again. I went back into the fishing pond and everything seems to be working fine.

[S8] Regina
11-21-13, 08:04 PM
Glad it worked! Please let us know if you run into this issue again. Thanks!

arkinese
11-22-13, 03:08 AM
I had this problem too after updating and I'm running iOS 6 on iPad 2 (I'm not upgrading to iOS 7 until I hear more about apple's bug fixes). The first time the game reloaded with the chicken and the fish I just caught was gone. However, the bait was back in my inventory and when I fished again, I caught the same fish. It happened again after that and the game crashed that time. When I reopened, the bait was back and I caught the same fish again. I then immediately quit the game before it had a chance to crash/reload and the fish stayed in my inventory. Looks like the glitch is the pond reloading or crashing the game, regardless of the apple OS. If it happens again, I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling.

arkinese
11-22-13, 04:53 AM
I had this problem too after updating and I'm running iOS 6 on iPad 2 (I'm not upgrading to iOS 7 until I hear more about apple's bug fixes). The first time the game reloaded with the chicken and the fish I just caught was gone. However, the bait was back in my inventory and when I fished again, I caught the same fish. It happened again after that and the game crashed that time. When I reopened, the bait was back and I caught the same fish again. I then immediately quit the game before it had a chance to crash/reload and the fish stayed in my inventory. Looks like the glitch is the pond reloading or crashing the game, regardless of the apple OS. If it happens again, I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling.

It happened again, and I tried the uninstall/reinstall, shutting down the iPad in between. That delayed the reloading by about 20 seconds, but after fishing and clicking out of the pond, the game still reloaded and it was like the fishing never happened. Please let us know when this issue is resolved. Thanks!

Titou56
11-22-13, 05:00 AM
I am having the same problem (iPad2 iOS6) except that I also lose my bait, so caught fish has gone but so has the bait :( I have uninstalled and reinstalled but it hasn't helped. Please advise.

mommy1951
11-22-13, 05:37 AM
It happened again, and I tried the uninstall/reinstall, shutting down the iPad in between. That delayed the reloading by about 20 seconds, but after fishing and clicking out of the pond, the game still reloaded and it was like the fishing never happened. Please let us know when this issue is resolved. Thanks!

I have the same issue also on Iphone5, did the force close, complete shutdown, delete and reinstall and it still doesn't work.

kooky panda
11-22-13, 05:50 AM
I also got the processing screen after catching a catfish. I did get my catfish but I am not sure if the bait was returned.
I will go ahead and report this over, and try to get screenshots on my next fishing trip.

JerseyGirl068
11-22-13, 06:12 AM
iOS 7 & keep loosing fish too. Please fix ASAP. Thx

JerseyGirl068
11-22-13, 06:41 AM
Okay, I caught 2 catfish & went to deli & made fish sandwich. 10 seconds later game reset, no fish sandwich cooking in deli & no catfish in storage.

Hope this gets fixed today!

mamareader02
11-22-13, 07:10 AM
Me too! Caught at least 3 bass,only one showed up in barn,then chicken screen,now NOTHING! Grrrrrr......

synsanity
11-22-13, 07:30 AM
Same here---iPad mini IOS 6 (as if I would bog it down with 7)

cheenuts
11-22-13, 07:52 AM
I think it all started with the extra lure I got after updating the App. I fished a catfish with it, and the game seems to get back that catfish and gives me back that extra lure. A ghost lyre...Spooky.

kooky panda
11-22-13, 08:23 AM
Okay guys I went ahead and deleted and redownloaded the game from the app store. So far so good. I am getting all my fish and no processing screen.
Try this (your game is saved on Team Lava's servers) to see if his corrects the issue.

PookieBear50
11-22-13, 09:41 AM
I am sorry, kooky panda, I am having the same problem--catch fish, chicken screen, no fish but bait restored--and the delete/redownload did not resolve the issue.

callmecurls
11-22-13, 09:41 AM
Well I'm the one who started this thread. The update hit my phone again this morning so I decided to give it a try. First thing I did was go fish to see if it was buggy. Sure enough!!! I only had the basic dough bait. First fish caught an anchovies. No problem so far. Second fish caught a catfish...problem!! Got processing screen fish gone and those two baits added back into my total. Im going to delete the app again and re-download. Hopefully a fix will come out soon!!!

callmecurls
11-22-13, 09:47 AM
Well I'm the one who started this thread. The update hit my phone again this morning so I decided to give it a try. First thing I did was go fish to see if it was buggy. Sure enough!!! I only had the basic dough bait. First fish caught an anchovies. No problem so far. Second fish caught a catfish...problem!! Got processing screen fish gone and those two baits added back into my total. Im going to delete the app again and re-download. Hopefully a fix will come out soon!!!

PS. The re-download from last night and today came from my iCloud, as it has the iCloud symbol, NOT from the App Store even though this is where I'm downloading it...does that make sense?. So maybe this is why it works because it is an older version???

mamareader02
11-22-13, 09:57 AM
Re downloaded app and STILL not working!

kmyfarmer
11-22-13, 10:25 AM
I m having the same problem. i am playing on ipad air, current IoS and latest FS2 update. It seems that I get the problem with the pond when i fish a cat fish. i have done all the usual drill reset, re load etc etc no luck.

mamareader02
11-22-13, 10:31 AM
Ok,updated to latest iOS,deleted and re installed,it's still not working ! Everything is up to date,can't do more from my end

Alasala
11-22-13, 10:54 AM
After updating to version 1.6.1 I'm also getting the fishing bug. iPhone 4S on iOS 7.0.4

When I fish, a couple of seconds later I get the chicken screen and my catch is lost and I get my bait back.

Alasala
11-22-13, 10:57 AM
Further to my last... after each "reset" I can catch a brick, and then a catfish, then it resets. No matter which areas I then choose to try again, I always get a brick, then a catfish. It's almost as though the sequence of what I catch is predefined, and not random at all - otherwise, why would I always get the same next two items after the reset no matter where I fish?

ginrae22
11-22-13, 10:58 AM
lol well...I didn't even know there was an update but I'm kind of glad I didn't ! I'll wait until this gets sorted out to update... hope it gets fixed soon for all of our sakes!

Alasala
11-22-13, 10:59 AM
Man, I should have done more testing before posting... even if I just catch the brick and then come away from the pond and wait and do nothing else, about 5 seconds later I get the chicken screen and it resets, soit's not just the catfish that is causing it. My userid on the settings screen is S932CT if that helps the devs

kooky panda
11-22-13, 11:15 AM
So far I am still fine . (iphone 5- OS 7.0.4)
If you have not already done so, please post the specific device you play on and its current software version.

I have reported this over.

christjust
11-22-13, 11:16 AM
I am having the same resetting problem. I catch a bass the it resets. Then I can catch the same bass then a catfish then it resets back to before I caught the bass. My bait resets back to 4 pieces and my stars reset back. I can't fish and move on!! I have tried resetting the game and am playing on the new updated version. help!

Alasala
11-22-13, 11:44 AM
I just deleted 1.6.1 off my device and restored 1.6 from my itunes library (having first turned off auto-updates on my iphone) and everything appears ok again... Just caught 3 anchovies (1 after the other) with no issues. Will monitor

[S8] Regina
11-22-13, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the reports! We'll look into this issue, thanks!

mamareader02
11-22-13, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the reports! We'll look into this issue, thanks!

Thank you! Please let us know when this bug is fixed

[S8] Regina
11-22-13, 12:18 PM
I was able to reproduce this sync error as well. I have let the Team know and will update with any news!

placi
11-22-13, 12:36 PM
Add my ID placi to the list of people that are having this same issue. I have tried all the normal fixes as well and nothing works.

beephensley
11-22-13, 12:59 PM
I'm having the same issue. Reinstalling not working.

sweetypies97
11-22-13, 12:59 PM
Me too. As a paying customer I'm getting more and more annoyed with the problems and lack of support. Just in the last day my train has left 7 hours early, I've clicked on a butterfly and teceived a gem only to have it immediateky disappear and 2 pick axes have disappeared frim my inventory. Ive tried force closing and restarting my device but noth I'd bought the game at a shop I would return it for a refund.

sweetypies97
11-22-13, 01:00 PM
Oops wish I could edit, posted too soon.

Nothing works. The problem isn't with me.

christabelart
11-22-13, 02:11 PM
iOS 6.
iPad 2.
Accessing by wifi.

Playing with today's (22 nov 2013) update I am getting the fishing pond malfunction as described.

ALSO identical synching error when trying to feed my farm cat:-

Cat begs; I feed it; the chicken appears and synchs leaving cat unfed.

I have:
- force-closed game.
- deleted game and reinstalled via iTunes 'purchased games' list.

Neither of the above have fixed the problem.

Please fix this error too ��

[S8] Regina
11-22-13, 02:23 PM
I am having the same resetting problem. I catch a bass the it resets. Then I can catch the same bass then a catfish then it resets back to before I caught the bass. My bait resets back to 4 pieces and my stars reset back. I can't fish and move on!! I have tried resetting the game and am playing on the new updated version. help!

I just deleted 1.6.1 off my device and restored 1.6 from my itunes library (having first turned off auto-updates on my iphone) and everything appears ok again... Just caught 3 anchovies (1 after the other) with no issues. Will monitor

The Fishing Pond issue has been fixed. Please force-close and restart the game. Thanks!

cheenuts
11-26-13, 05:53 PM
Well, it happened again this morning... All I did was to:
1. collect a lure 2. catch a catfish 3. set it on the fryer. Then the chicken appeared and cancelled the cooking, took the catfish and gave me back the lure. I had that loop for like 5 times. Finally, I decided to sell the ghost lure and that fixed the problem.