PDA

View Full Version : Expanding coins vs gems

laeanee13
11-21-13, 04:43 PM
So I've expanded using coins & expanded using gems. Now it's going to cost me 80 gems or 12 million, I only have 1.2 million & 57 gems. I've never spent actual money on my Bakery, but am seriously considering doing it for black Friday & Christmas items. But my Bakery is feeling squished again, so I'd like to hear opinions on which way to pay for expansions is better & why. Thanks, Angel O:-)

nky1111
11-21-13, 06:26 PM
well 12 M is 12 weeks waiting and you can use gems for the stuff. I prefer coins for expansion because gem stuff is generally better than coin stuff)). always can sell out a dozen or two of counters of food to make some space))))

sls0991
11-21-13, 06:57 PM
This question comes up so much just because that it's a really good question to ask. I've contemplating this myself and I'm doing it again for when I buy gems this Black Friday. I also need 80 gems to expand, versus 12+ mill coins. I'm not sure what expansion I'm not, but probably the 12 mill or the one after that. That's a lot of freaking coins and nky1111, that's considering you don't do goals or spend any coins on redecorating or new items.. so really it's going to take you a lot longer than 12 weeks. I'll probably expand using gems until I get to my last two expansions, then I'll hopefully be closer to those amounts and be able to expand with coins. Someone else mentioned to me that once you're done expanding, your coins are useless once they start adding up (except for coin deco, goals, building ovens etc..) and you'll probably wish you didn't expand with gems. I don't know though, I'm an impatient person and my bakery is very cramped too for all the decorations I have.

mengdacious
11-22-13, 01:09 PM
I actually do the opposite. I have the patience to use coins up to maybe 20 million, but for the rest I'd use gems, especially with the 40 and 60 million ones. I mean gosh, that's just way too long to save up. I rarely use gems to buy decor so I think that's a better option for me.

dirtbetch
11-22-13, 01:23 PM
if im low on cons i use gems but i would only recommend using gems if its a very expensive expansion especially so since we now have the ability to download apps for free gems

ElaineCarrel
12-05-13, 07:27 PM
Once I got 2 the pt where I had 2 pay 12 mil I switched 2 gems and I expanded quicker this way. I only purchased gems 4 the final expansion and I only needed 10 of them. I bought them during Black Friday so it wasn't bad at all. I've maxed on all the basic oven recipes and the reg drink mixer. I also make sure that I max on all special equipment we use 4 challenges so that usually means 12 gems per challenge and believe me they add up. I max on special equipment b4 I return 2 whatever I was doing prior 2 the start of the challenge so I don't forget about it.