PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Story Update - Version 1.7.3?

cedkugedchgd
11-21-13, 11:55 AM
i got a update for the original dragon story in the app store.

haven't updated yet - so what are the improvements?

midnightmeerkat
11-21-13, 01:54 PM
i got a update for the original dragon story in the app store.

haven't updated yet - so what are the improvements?

If you look on the description it says ......one of the things is a fix for the goals etc ending early

doop01
11-21-13, 02:59 PM
Just noticed, you can't access your wall while visiting now :(
Same as it was for Halloween edition.

doop01
11-21-13, 03:43 PM
Oh yeah, and now you only have to touch the travel icon once to go to the arctic. Annoying.
It was for these two reasons I didn't use the Halloween edition. :mad:

aceblade
11-21-13, 04:08 PM
Did they fix the issue for iPhones where it cancels outside music once entering the game?

koiju
11-21-13, 04:18 PM
Should we be using this now and deleting Halloween version?

koiju
11-21-13, 04:42 PM
Did they fix the issue for iPhones where it cancels outside music once entering the game?

Gotta say that annoyed me too - my hubby knew everytime I snuck on to the game to battle as the spotify music would cut out! I'm at work now, haven't been able to test that feature yet.

elleenne
11-21-13, 06:43 PM
If we switch back to regular DS from Halloween will the tournament progress reset? Don't really want to do that!

AzHadz
11-21-13, 06:44 PM

I don't think that's a bug. The game takes over audio as it has it's own. Many apps will do that.

AzHadz
11-21-13, 06:45 PM
If we switch back to regular DS from Halloween will the tournament progress reset? Don't really want to do that!

Tournament progress is saved. I've updated and it's fine.

kooky panda
11-21-13, 07:01 PM
Should we be using this now and deleting Halloween version?
Yes, you should now be playing this version to take advantage of the bug/performance fixes that have been included in this update.

koiju
11-21-13, 07:04 PM
Yes, you should now be playing this version to take advantage of the bug/performance fixes that have been included in this update.

Thanks Kooky, I did just beat Angel in the battle arena in the updated original version (it just wouldn't lose in Halloween!).

asyran2012
11-21-13, 07:41 PM
I will not update until TL will allow us to visit our wall when we are visiting another people's island!

redcrush
11-21-13, 08:59 PM
I will not update until TL will allow us to visit our wall when we are visiting another people's island!

Me too :mad: very annoying to have to click "home" button every time. & Give us an option to be able to move stuff from behind the blimp already (or better yet option to get rid of the blimp altogether.

erxi9
11-22-13, 02:03 AM

Totally with you!

priscillasp
11-22-13, 06:05 AM
I'm having the same issue of not being able to get back to my messages & wall while visiting. Will this be fixed soon? This is also an issue in FS2.

doop01
11-22-13, 02:32 PM
I'm having the same issue of not being able to get back to my messages & wall while visiting. Will this be fixed soon? This is also an issue in FS2.
I just reported this in the bugs and issues section too. I'm having the same problem. When I press the visit button in my news feed it does nothing on some of them. For others it works. Not 100% sure yet, but it seems that it often doesn't work on the island names that are very short, just 2 letters for example. Might just be me, but that's when it seems not to work most often.

doop01
11-22-13, 02:42 PM
I just tested this out. There are two island names on my wall that are extremely short, it's only these two that I can't access via the 'visit' button.

doop01
11-22-13, 02:42 PM
I just tested this out. There are two island names on my wall that are extremely short, it's only these two that I can't access via the 'visit' button.
Sorry, not wall. I meant in the news feed.

finnth12
11-22-13, 02:46 PM

Don't press the "visit" button, press their island's name. You'll be able to visit them.

creolepraline
11-22-13, 02:52 PM
Oh yeah, and now you only have to touch the travel icon once to go to the arctic. Annoying.
It was for these two reasons I didn't use the Halloween edition. :mad:

That was present during the update just before Halloween I think. They said they also removed the albums because we were not supposed to look at any other than our own. Being able to visit our wall after visiting was one of the nest features they ruined. I like being able to go to the ice isles with one click. I saw this before too. Now if I can just stop hitting the button by accident when planting food....

cinnamon57
11-22-13, 05:07 PM
Me too :mad: very annoying to have to click "home" button every time. & Give us an option to be able to move stuff from behind the blimp already (or better yet option to get rid of the blimp altogether.

Also annoyed. It take at least twice as long to clear my wall now. And I too have a stone path stuck behind the blimp. In addition, please fix it so DS doesn't **** any other audio app going on. I love to listen to books while playing DS, but have to use two devices to accomplish this. FIX THIS!

ginrae22
11-22-13, 05:18 PM
I was wondering when people would see the update and such. After all of the mess with FS 2 I didn't feel like touching this one. Not updating yet. Nope nope!

doop01
11-22-13, 06:00 PM
Don't press the "visit" button, press their island's name. You'll be able to visit them.
Yep. That works. Thanks :)

SeaJelly77
11-22-13, 09:08 PM
Why does it label everything in the craft shop as limited? o_o

maguar
11-22-13, 10:03 PM
Why does it label everything in the craft shop as limited? o_o

It's a display issue. It has been reported

sister2bebe
11-23-13, 05:35 AM
I wish I had not upgraded ....for two reasons....
1. The game is crashing and very slow AGAIN!
2. You must go home between every island if you play from wall. With the loafing issues this takes so much long to visit.

I never though DS was boring until now. I actually fall asleep waiting for a list or island to load!!

aceblade
11-23-13, 06:47 AM
OK, so I downloaded the 1.7.3 version like everyone said and have been using that only to find that this morning the Halloween version has been updated to 1.7.4. lol, what's going on?
Should I go back to using the Halloween version?
:confused:

Skip2TheEnd
11-23-13, 07:23 AM
Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the game from the store, as the update may have not installed properly.

hatton2
11-23-13, 09:21 AM
Are they going to fix this? It is time consuming to have to go back to my island just to visit another neighbor, we need the back button .......

Lorgalis
11-23-13, 09:49 AM
Are you on iOS or Android?

sister2bebe
11-23-13, 12:26 PM
Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the game from the store, as the update may have not installed properly.

I deleted and reinstalled, and upgraded to latest version. (iOS). Had issues last weekend after deleting and reloading, twice, it finally stabilized. Now it crashes and is sooooo slow!

Skip2TheEnd
11-23-13, 02:40 PM
I deleted and reinstalled, and upgraded to latest version. (iOS). Had issues last weekend after deleting and reloading, twice, it finally stabilized. Now it crashes and is sooooo slow!

What Iphone are you playing DS on?

sister2bebe
11-23-13, 03:08 PM
What Iphone are you playing DS on?

I am on an iPad, pre-retina, I think a third generation. I just deleted and reloaded, again. Now my App Store says I'm on 1.7.3 not 1.7.4. Dated Nov 21. I don't have an option to upgrade to 1.7.4. Oh, if at all possible, it seems to be even slower. Uggg!!

kooky panda
11-23-13, 03:33 PM
I am on an iPad, pre-retina, I think a third generation. I just deleted and reloaded, again. Now my App Store says I'm on 1.7.3 not 1.7.4. Dated Nov 21. I don't have an option to upgrade to 1.7.4. Oh, if at all possible, it seems to be even slower. Uggg!!

New version 1.7.4 is under the Halloween version.
On iPad 3 or 4, your software version should be at least 7.0.4

Make sure you force close (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?61422-How-to-force-close-out-your-games-(IOS))out applications running the background.

kooky panda
11-23-13, 03:35 PM
OK, so I downloaded the 1.7.3 version like everyone said and have been using that only to find that this morning the Halloween version has been updated to 1.7.4. lol, what's going on?
Should I go back to using the Halloween version?
:confused:
I have gone back to version 1.7.4.(Halloween )
The highest version number is the most current version to be playing.

Lesimony
11-23-13, 07:46 PM
So do we have any idea why they went back to Halloween for 1.7.4? I'm afraid to switch and lose my summoning progress.

sister2bebe
11-23-13, 08:23 PM
New version 1.7.4 is under the Halloween version.
On iPad 3 or 4, your software version should be at least 7.0.4

Make sure you force close (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?61422-How-to-force-close-out-your-games-(IOS))out applications running the background.

Them maybe in I have the iPad second generation. My App Store says in at 1.7.3 and Halloween is at 1.7.4. How can I tell?

sister2bebe
11-23-13, 08:39 PM
But more important, when are the fixing the performace issues with this version. I only have 48 nbrs, it shouldn't take minutes to load that short of a list.

jackie2006
11-23-13, 09:18 PM
i updated to 1.7.3 for iphone4 from Halloween ver because i thought the Halloween is over, but i can not play it because it freezes and slow now I check up the forum someone says that TL update Halloween ver to 1.7.4. it is no sense to update the Halloween ver when the Halloween over.

priscillasp
11-24-13, 05:56 AM
My game has been running very slow the last two days. Is anyone else having the same issue?

sister2bebe
11-24-13, 08:21 AM
My game has been running very slow the last two days. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Yes, lots of folks are having issues

finnth12
11-25-13, 10:26 AM
Where and what version we should be playing, if I'm on iOS? And shouldn't update is for the improvement? Where is the improvement? Visiting nbrs is so annoying, go back home all the time, it'll take the batterie life from my iPad,lol.

kooky panda
11-25-13, 10:44 AM
Where and what version we should be playing, if I'm on iOS? And shouldn't update is for the improvement? Where is the improvement? Visiting nbrs is so annoying, go back home all the time, it'll take the batterie life from my iPad,lol.
Halloween version 1.7.4 is the most current version to be playing. It was released on 11-21-13.

kooky panda
11-25-13, 10:45 AM
Them maybe in I have the iPad second generation. My App Store says in at 1.7.3 and Halloween is at 1.7.4. How can I tell?
You can check to see if you need a software upgrade by looking in you ipad under settings-general- sofware. ( I think Ipad 2 has this feature)

ramothsflight
11-25-13, 11:52 AM
We have three 4th gen iPods here and one iPad. iPad is working fine. The three iPods have been miserable since the time change update a few weeks back, and almost non-working since the 1.7.3 and 1.7.4 versions were released. They are all playing 1.7.4. Game play is almost to a halt, since the games keep crashing. Overall they can't visit neighbors, the game runs extremely slow, it keeps processing, tells them they have no internet connection, and as mentioned crashes repeatedly. It's never a good time to crash, especially when we were in the middle of battling for the tournament. All three iPod games are affected the same. As said, iPad is fine.

Many have posted problems. Is this going to be fixed? Please?

ramothsflight
11-25-13, 11:53 AM
We have three 4th gen iPods here and one iPad. iPad is working fine. The three iPods have been miserable since the time change update a few weeks back, and almost non-working since the 1.7.3 and 1.7.4 versions were released. They are all playing 1.7.4. Game play is almost to a halt, since the games keep crashing. Overall they can't visit neighbors, the game runs extremely slow, it keeps processing, tells them they have no internet connection, and as mentioned crashes repeatedly. It's never a good time to crash, especially when we were in the middle of battling for the tournament. All three iPod games are affected the same. As said, iPad is fine.

Many have posted problems. Is this going to be fixed? Please?

Also adding battery drain has increased tremendously since the new versions.

finnth12
11-25-13, 12:42 PM
Halloween version 1.7.4 is the most current version to be playing. It was released on 11-21-13.

Thanks, I just updated it. No wonder since I updated it I get more drop of bolts. Idk if that random, but I'll take it. I'm gonna need to update on my other device then.

spectacular2nv
11-25-13, 02:14 PM
My game have been crashing constantly ever since the new update.
I have the latest iOS device & all my other TL games are working fine.
The problem is within the app DS