PDA

View Full Version : Dismiss the "online shield"!

MeisterLampee
11-20-13, 07:40 AM
Hi guys!

Once again I have an idea. I know that FM completely ignores our suggestions (at least that is my impression), but I would like to hear your opinion about it.

Well, it is obvious, that staying 24/7 online is unfair! Often this is done by a *****. In my opinion everybody that has been attacked, should have the possibility to revenge. That is fair! Everything else is rubbish. Imagine in real life to get a slap in your face. Nothing more than fair to have the possibility to do the same. (you are not going to hit anybody else :-) )

I would go so far that this "online shield" should completely disappear. Why not being attacked while you are online? If you loose: Your base is just not strong enough! So it is good you loose. If you win the defense, even better! Nr. one of the world should be the best attacker with the best defense. Not the best attacker that found a way to ***** himself online 24/7!

Of course we do not want to be attacked during a renovation. One solution could be: Daily two hours flexible shield (for free). Flexible meaning: You can switch it on/off yourself! So if you want to change the place of two towers: Switch on, change towers place, switch off. You needed 20 seconds. So your new shield budget for the day is 1:59:40! There would be other ways to guarantee, that we are not attacked during renovation. Maybe you have a good idea!

But this "online shield" is obviously not a fair solution. It is too easy to *****!

Let the discussion begin!

Cheers,

MeisterLampee

sand
11-20-13, 09:05 AM
Okay, I love the free 2-hr flexible shield thing. Brilliant! You have such great ideas!
But allowing players to be attacked while online is problematic. People are doing things to their bases while online. The base needs to be "fixed" so that a battle can be waged. That is, the base needs to be set, with no changes being done and nothing being moved, banked or spent when an attacker shows up. The system must then create a video file of the battle to be delivered to the attacked base. These are very difficult things to do if the target is online, fiddling away. Even more complicated would be the prospect of being attacked WHILE you are out attacking someone else. Imagine the confusion for your Alliance Portal. Imagine the accounting nightmare as you set out with a certain number of vaulted coins & stones and, while looting someone's base, you yourself are being raided. The system is then simultaneously adding and subtracting from your balances.
Players need to be offline for battles to be properly waged against whatever state they left their towns in, because the attacker's troops are interacting directly with the layout of the base. Remember, this is a mobile app. It's not World of Warcraft or Second Life.

sand
11-20-13, 09:11 AM
Interestingly enough, they ARE taking steps to counteract the online shield for those players who seem to be perpetually online, whether legitimately or by *****ing.
Unfortunately, they are not disclosing exactly how they are selecting people to be bounced off the game. We only know that they ARE indeed getting bounced and are usually attacked promptly after the bounce.

flowless
11-20-13, 10:30 PM
No I hate the idea
I don't stay on line to *****
I stay long enough to take the coins necessary for my next upgrade then log off

Plus Iam matched with top players such as Hoper and top 5
While I still have royal hall level 7
Level 7 walls only

If they would attack me on line I would lose every time

It's hard to keep the resources while Iam off

Hate hate the idea

syllrag
11-21-13, 01:25 AM
Level 7 walls only

Wow, walls lv7 on RH7, you are rich. Might meant 6??

sand
11-21-13, 06:26 AM
Wow, walls lv7 on RH7, you are rich. Might meant 6??

I myself got most of my walls to level 7 by the time I upgraded from RH7, so not sure why you doubt what Flowless says.
Each Royal Hall unlocks the corresponding level of wall. So at RH6, you can have walls up to level 6; at RH7, you can have walls up to level 7, etc.
To get most/all of your walls to high levels requires a lot of playtime doing raids (unless you are willing & able to use gems). The kind of gameplay that would boost walls to the max level allowed by your RH apparently makes one a target for these time-outs or bounces.

hounds66
11-21-13, 06:38 AM
Im up fir any changes that fixes system maintenance, I dont believe is fair for mandatory break! I play alot to gain rank! Firemocha acting like a dictator dictatung game hrs one can play. My match ups are out of wack as well. If they want to find out if player online have popup appear that if isnt closed means a *****er.

syllrag
11-21-13, 06:39 AM
I myself got most of my walls to level 7 by the time I upgraded from RH7, so not sure why you doubt what Flowless says.
Each Royal Hall unlocks the corresponding level of wall. So at RH6, you can have walls up to level 6; at RH7, you can have walls up to level 7, etc.
To get most/all of your walls to high levels requires a lot of playtime doing raids (unless you are willing & able to use gems). The kind of gameplay that would boost walls to the max level allowed by your RH apparently makes one a target for these time-outs or bounces.

Because I'm RH8 by now, going for RH9, but my highest wall lv currently is lv6, 40 out of 200, that's 160 lv5 walls ;-P 400k for a lv7 wall, that's expensive, and 1.2M for lv8, uber expensive.

MeisterLampee
11-21-13, 08:29 AM
No I hate the idea
I don't stay on line to *****
I stay long enough to take the coins necessary for my next upgrade then log off

Plus Iam matched with top players such as Hoper and top 5
Level 7 walls only

If they would attack me on line I would lose every time

It's hard to keep the resources while Iam off

Hate hate the ideaThanks for your contribution. I see your point. In your situation my change would negatively affect you. This is exactly what I meant. You say you have Lv7 royal hall and you often have to deal with top 5 players. So you are deeply in the top 50. And you have no chance to defend yourself? Don't take me wrong, but your rank is waaaayyy to high. That was what I wanted to tell. This online shield gives you the possibility to act stronger than you are (yet). If your base cannot resist high level attacks, you are just ranked too high. But that is only my opinion. I really do not want to offend you. Of course I am happy for you, that you are ranked so high. (And a compliment on your attacking s****s) :-)

When I see a RH lv 7 base in the top rankings i always think: "Something should be optimized". And I hope I am not the only one thinking so.

sand
11-22-13, 11:00 AM
Thanks for your contribution. I see your point. In your situation my change would negatively affect you. This is exactly what I meant. You say you have Lv7 royal hall and you often have to deal with top 5 players. So you are deeply in the top 50. And you have no chance to defend yourself? Don't take me wrong, but your rank is waaaayyy to high. That was what I wanted to tell. This online shield gives you the possibility to act stronger than you are (yet). If your base cannot resist high level attacks, you are just ranked too high. But that is only my opinion. I really do not want to offend you. Of course I am happy for you, that you are ranked so high. (And a compliment on your attacking s****s) :-)

When I see a RH lv 7 base in the top rankings i always think: "Something should be optimized". And I hope I am not the only one thinking so.

I concur; partly, at least. If one has to sit on one's base to guard it, or leave the vaults empty to make it a less desirable target, then the base is not as strong as its ranking would suggest. OR... the attacking army is not as weak as its depressed ranking might suggest.
In this particular case, if indeed the base is being attacked by the top-ranked armies, then its strength falls short of its ranking.

The time-out or bounce does (unfortunately for some) seem to be the ultimate test of the real strength of some high-ranked bases, even if we take into account that various levels of looting will still occur whether or not the attacker is victorious.

flowless
11-23-13, 02:51 AM
Iam in the rank of 1500 plus
Not top 50

Plus I don't sit all day do gurd my vaults

I spend them then log off
I attack to get my money
Then I upgrade and leave

I don't get attacked frequently cuz my kingdom is broke when the shield is off

If they do ur idea
Not only me but I doubt any player would be able to save anything

There are always players who are stronger who would be matched with u

When I was at level 20 plus I would lose to those level 40-35

So I might win or two eventually lose

If they do ur idea
I would be attacked to the very last coins
And that's not ranked related

With this idea u r actually asking us to sit by the vault all day so we can have some money to upgrade

And as u progress in the game thigs cost millions

flowless
11-23-13, 02:57 AM
Plus Iam matched with top 5 layers who are level 71 when Iam level 41