PDA

View Full Version : [Guide] Farming Resources: Coins and Spellstones

syllrag
11-20-13, 02:24 AM
Since this game matchmaking is based on crowns, to get a lot of easy resources, you need to drop your crowns.

1. Drop your crowns to around 500 or below so that you will be matched against easy opponents
2. Deploy around 30 archers to get around 30K of resources each

sand
11-20-13, 07:26 AM
Since this game matchmaking is based on crowns, to get a lot of easy resources, you need to drop your crowns.

1. Drop your crowns to around 500 or below so that you will be matched against easy opponents

LOL. You DO know that some people will want to string you up for airing these cheap tactics which they take to be their own proprietary secrets, right?
I know at least one alliance on your recommended list who will promptly change their name now that you've mentioned them here. I won't say which one (on pain of death), but it will be their 6th name change over something like this.

When you say "30K of resources each" do you mean 30K of each resource (terribly low)? Because if 30 archers get 30K each, that's 900K (terribly high), which you won't find too often farming around 500 crowns. So please clarify that for your readers.

MeisterLampee
11-20-13, 08:09 AM
Hi there,

Haha... I find that pretty funny! :-D Somebody you just bring in transparency! I would not have spoken it out so loud, but why not? I find it a nice gesture. Also super that you mentioned the names of the clans. I laughed so heartily, you cannot imagine.

You know, I am a farmer myself. Since it is almost impossible to upgrade 4 buildings at the same time when you are in the top 50, because you do not get enough resources, no matter what you do, I decided to max my "sweet little village" and afterwards fight up the ranking! It is pretty annoying to wait approx. half a year to max your towers and troops, but with the new upgrade times/costs FM does not allow another tactics.

900k is too high!

Cheers,

MeisterLampee

syllrag
11-20-13, 08:26 AM
When you say "30K of resources each" do you mean 30K of each resource (terribly low)? Because if 30 archers get 30K each, that's 900K (terribly high), which you won't find too often farming around 500 crowns. So please clarify that for your readers.

Yes, that's 30k of coins and 30k of ss, but there are also 60k and 80k coins down there with min defense. The thing is that you can raid every 2-3mins nonstop. In one hour, 60mins / 3mins * 30k = 600k coins per hour minimum. Farmers usually can make 600k-1M coins per hour.

Why nonstop? 32 archers / 4 barracks * 22 sec = 3mins training time. Or maybe less than 30 archers deployed since farmers only care about resources, no need for them to win the battle for crowns. Also don't forget the alliance donated troops.

sand
11-20-13, 09:22 AM
Thanks for clearing that up.

Thing is, everybody, their dog, and their dog's fleas are dropping crowns, and the lower ranges have become a ridiculous mixed bag of low-loot & high-loot targets. I see SO many high level players downstairs, it makes me wonder why I bothered. It's even losing value as a safe haven.

PherG
11-20-13, 10:20 AM
Jeez you wonder why theses tactics Were a closely keep secret. Well your about to find out.
1. Everybody drops
2. Good farming ends
3. FM changes the game to discourage
I just want to be the first to thank you, hope you didn't what to keep farming

syllrag
11-20-13, 11:10 AM
LOL. You DO know that some people will want to string you up for airing these cheap tactics which they take to be their own proprietary secrets, right?

It's no trade secrets. Most (old players) should aware of this farming method.

Thing is, everybody, their dog, and their dog's fleas are dropping crowns, and the lower ranges have become a ridiculous mixed bag of low-loot & high-loot targets. I see SO many high level players downstairs, it makes me wonder why I bothered. It's even losing value as a safe haven.

It is still a safe haven. Farmers would usually skip fellow farmers, especially when the opponents have lv7/8 walls and high defense. The definition of farmer is to use as few troops as possible to pick on easy targets. Farmers would also put their RH outside the walls to minimize any lost by gaining shields. Furthermore, there would be only a couple hundred of farmers around, compared to the tens of thousands players, especially a pool of inactive players down there.

FYI, I am just making the system more transparent. I have nothing against farming. Whatever available in the system is an option. Farming is an option, doing it or not doing it is a personal preference. It is debatable whether people approve of it or not.

What I do hate is FM neglecting their customers.

Grog76
11-20-13, 01:41 PM

That's a poor return. Why bother?

But hush my dear children. Royal Hall penalties will be on the way . Salvation is at hand.

I have exorcised the demons. This house, is clean.

scottyhaha
11-20-13, 04:40 PM
Lol I think bears can do a better job!

PherG
11-20-13, 04:45 PM
No no, thieves with a couple of healers. Healers work so well for farming

scottyhaha
11-20-13, 04:51 PM
Good idea :)) yes healers

jahil
11-20-13, 05:02 PM

No, best farmer are dragons.... Send a single dragon to take out everything in its path... Yay for dragons...

scottyhaha
11-20-13, 05:34 PM
Let's do combo 2 dragons and 4 healers

PherG
11-20-13, 06:06 PM
Cooking them now! ❤️ the idea

syllrag
11-20-13, 10:00 PM
Jeez you wonder why theses tactics Were a closely keep secret. Well your about to find out.
1. Everybody drops
2. Good farming ends

Again, I have nothing against farmers. I would like FM to innovate a feature that can accommodate farmers. There is another game that introduced Epic Battles (alliance collective battles against the system) for farmers. Though currently I have no idea yet on how such a system could work on KC.

But hush my dear children. Royal Hall penalties will be on the way . Salvation is at hand.

I don't really hope the RH penalties be implemented. I am more into additional rewards for winning against tougher opponents. Also changing the matchmaking system based on level and overhaul on the crowns system.

Here are several discussions regarding the suggestion. I do really hope FM could see and say what they think.
http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?61608-Different-tournament-rules
http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?61520-Matching-system-hopelessly-flawed
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?60532-New-Crown-System

Grog76
11-20-13, 10:56 PM
Syllrag, I've read a whole lot of player feedback from *more established third-party similar game* players and they have the same gripes many KC players do regarding matching. There is no perfect system whether its level, crown/trophy, or layout-based.

Hall/loot penalties were brought in at June from what I can gather and reaction is mixed. It encouraged players to max up their infrastructure as much as practical before taking the jump to level up their hall. A lot of players who leveled up their hall too early were cannon fodder for both peers and players with hall levels below them. They were penalised resources for raiding players below them and couldn't beat their peers or players above them. Many of these players gave up because they couldn't get resources or had them looted as soon as they got them. The result was many abandoned bases and a farmer's paradise. We're talking high level bases too, not just two-weekers.

FM has a fine balancing act - how to keep the game appealing enough to attract new entrants while remaining appealing enough for the established set. Loot penalties might do it but your planning and strategy has to be robust to cope with them.

All I know is, with the constantly shifting sands experienced in this game, you have to all explore all legal means and be prepared and plan for anything that might disadvantage you in future you unless you are willing to loosen your purse strings.

sand
11-21-13, 12:37 AM
1. Everybody drops
2. Good farming ends

They never WERE a "closely kept secret." Like I said at the start, many people took it to be their secret, but farming is as old as rain. Syllrag mentioning it here does NOT bring it to the game developers' attention. FireMocha has always known about farming. Their moderators have alluded to it in the earliest threads of this forum. []

FireMocha is no stranger to the various tactics of players in these types of games. They've had a long history of trying to discourage this kind of thing in their Storm8 games, and are well aware that players always, always find a workaround to every penalty. Farming is alive and well in just about every battle game where you can strip opponents.

Don't worry. Not everyone will do it. It's counter-intuitive to most players, and many will find it distasteful. They should. There was never any such thing as "good farming" because it has always been a cheap and rather low-down tactic. But if you subscribe to the notion that all's fair in love and war, such high-minded nonsense won't keep you from enjoying your plunder. Honor has no place here. Battle on!

syllrag
11-21-13, 01:20 AM
They never WERE a "closely kept secret." Like I said at the start, many people took it to be their secret, but farming is as old as rain. Syllrag mentioning it here does NOT bring it to the game developers' attention. FireMocha has always known about farming. Their moderators have alluded to it in the earliest threads of this forum. []

I think PherG meant for the players. Not all KC players aware about the other game and also on the farming method. That's why I presented the information here as a knowledge and an option for everyone.

And to inform on FM misleading information:

The second change we did was to the matchmaking system. Before, we match players based on the defensive strength of the attacker and defender, which was a flawed implementation, and I take full responsibility for this. Now players are match relative to their offensive progression (army camp/barracks levels, troop promotions etc..) and the defender's defensive progression. This will not be exploitable as the prior system was.

Crown based matchmaking is very exploitable. It allows players to purposely lose matches in order to deflate their count, enabling them to hide at low Crown levels with a town that is too strong to defeat for low ranked players.

As for:

No, best farmer are dragons.... Send a single dragon to take out everything in its path... Yay for dragons...

That's for another story.

MeisterLampee
11-21-13, 07:54 AM
Why don't we just leave this thread quiet. If someone really searches for "that kind of strategy" he will find it over the search function. Well, it is not that top secret thing, but we should not paint it on the empire state building. Let this thread quietly go down. ;-) *threadclosed*

syllrag
11-25-13, 03:30 AM
568 views. I guess, a lot of people are farming..

jahil
11-25-13, 05:51 AM

What does that mean if a lot of people are farming?

sand
11-25-13, 06:26 AM

Or a lot of people are checking it out, thinking, "A farming guide? They can't be serious." But they just HAVE to look.

jahil
11-25-13, 06:55 PM
This is a flawed guide.... This will be the last bump ill make on this thread.... Mouth closed!

syllrag
12-04-13, 12:09 PM
Seems like there are a lot of bases with 100k, 200k and 300k coins down there nowadays with low defenses