PDA

View Full Version : Cow colors one time deal?

synsanity
11-18-13, 05:52 PM
Unless I'm looking at this wrong, you can paint your animals once. Now this seems to me to actually work against TL because let's say I come into some gem money (thank you dear son for the birthday gift) and want to repaint them. It looked to me like I couldn't do that unless I am doing something wrong. Thoughts? Help? Operator error? Thank you? Not sure I need pastel animals but it was a thought.

synsanity
11-20-13, 07:42 PM
Anyone?

PookieBear50
11-20-13, 07:53 PM
I think you can only purchase the different skins once. But I think you can switch skins whenever you want without extra cost. Go to Edit, click on the pasture/pen/coop, and click the paint can to change skins.

kooky panda
11-21-13, 06:17 AM
When you buy the skins you buy them once. Then as Pookiebear stated you can then switch them around without any additional cost.

synsanity
11-21-13, 08:38 AM
Well it would have been nice to have been told that if I wanted the pastel gem skins I had to wait. Now I'm stuck with either plain or the coin offered skins. Not smart business move TL I'm shocked.

synsanity
11-21-13, 08:40 AM
That should have read "I should wait" as in wait until I had the gems instead of getting say the black and white cows. I see no option anywhere to allow me to buy the pastel colors. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

synsanity
11-21-13, 08:41 AM
And yes, I went o edit and clicked. It was either old or new. No option to purchase.

kooky panda
11-21-13, 11:39 AM
The option to purchase the skins is under your decorations tab.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?61052-Farm-2-Update-11-8-2013&p=776990&viewfull=1#post776990

synsanity
11-22-13, 07:15 AM
If you already had a skin it didn't allow you to purchase another.... until the update tonight. Coincidence??? I should get some pastel beauties for bringing this up. I just know "the powers that be read this" and realized they had to make it so you could still buy it with gems.

PookieBear50
11-22-13, 07:27 PM
If you already had a skin it didn't allow you to purchase another.... until the update tonight. Coincidence??? I should get some pastel beauties for bringing this up. I just know "the powers that be read this" and realized they had to make it so you could still buy it with gems.

I'm not quite sure what you mean here, but as far as I knew, you were limited to buying each skin once, though you could get both the "normal" colors and the pastel colors. It wouldn't matter if you had 1 or 2 pastures of cows, because the one buy could be used on either (or both) pastures.

synsanity
11-26-13, 10:48 AM
I was stating that it did not give me an option TO choose the pastel color once I had purchased the black and white on the cows and so forth. It said my limit was reached. The paint bucket had two choices, old and new. Not old, new or the pastel option with gems like it does NOW.

kooky panda
11-26-13, 11:03 AM
The pastel option was added to the game later. It was not there when the skins first came out.

synsanity
11-27-13, 06:47 AM
I'm not trying to argue but it was clearly there when I first saw the option of skins. Then we were given the challenge to change in and out of our skin. That was when I saw the color choice. Original or new. And it said limit reached when I looked at it thinking of purchasing the pastel. Miraculously this has now changed. Whatever I think I will stick with what I have. I am not buying any more gems any time soon. I'm at level 39 and have all the machines now. Unless something amazing happens the game is pretty much over. :(