PDA

View Full Version : Troll Essence drop rate

dizzy7373
11-18-13, 01:19 PM
I am level 30, have 51 plots, the maximum.
I plant cocoa, and my 40 energy, plus the wizard school allows me to collect all the plots plus my buildings twice or times a day.
If I am lucky I get 5 trolls appear a day, and 1 of them will give me troll essence.
I need 20 for the anger potion, this is certainly helping to slow down the quests.
Are there any plans to get these parts from another building, like tails from ivy's hut.
Or can the troll essence at least become a guaranteed drop from defeating a troll.
I would still only get 5 per day max, but as I don't want skunkupines or fang beasts then I'm not planting any other crops, I am very much stuck in a rut at the moment.

Castloninian
11-18-13, 01:39 PM
Have you had the second shard from the tablet yet? I'm definitely getting a much better troll essence drop rate now I've got that.

dizzy7373
11-18-13, 02:40 PM
I have all 4 knowledge shards, If the 2nd one helps, I would hate to think how frustrating this would be if I didn't have it.
I would have thought the troll pit may have given out perhaps 1 per collection, quite a pointless piece to have otherwise.

Castloninian
11-18-13, 02:56 PM
I have all 4 knowledge shards, If the 2nd one helps, I would hate to think how frustrating this would be if I didn't have it.
I would have thought the troll pit may have given out perhaps 1 per collection, quite a pointless piece to have otherwise.

Yes, I think that would have made sense too. Same for petals from the conservatory. But I definitely noticed a better essence droprate after the 2nd shard as often I would get one if not two essences per troll. It's just one of these annoying things about the game (like still waiting for that blasted ember and diamond!).

jimboser
11-19-13, 08:49 AM
I reported this over on the Bugs & Issues forum: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?61266-Troll-Essence-drop-rate

I think my record lately is ****ing 13 trolls in a row with no essence drop. The drop rate used to be far higher, TL is playing with the drop rates again for some reason.

dizzy7373
11-20-13, 12:09 AM
I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but I am getting a lot more trolls appear, and though it's still around a 50% essence drop rate, they are sometimes dropping 2 essence at a time.
I am going to assume that me posting this has prompted somebody to tweak the settings on my game and help me out.
Thanks a lot mystery benefactor :)

dizzy7373
01-05-14, 11:16 AM
I know I have mentioned it before, but I have real problems getting troll essence.
****ed my umpteenth troll, no essence but I am maxed out on horn.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8008/3m7z.png
10 troll essence, I have used a couple to make up armour in anticipation of the fairy quest.

just wanted to have a little moan.