PDA

View Full Version : PATCH NOTES - November 18, 2013

FrozenTurtle
11-18-13, 01:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/9oOfqFy.png

Hey everyone, I've included a list of today's changes in this post. As a reminder, our most current version is Kingdom Clash 1.3.2 (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id638320037?mt=8&at=10l3QL&ct=forum), which you can find in the App Store.

Troops

Armory

Reduced level 2 to 4 upgrade costs.
Increased level 8 upgrade cost.
Increased level 2 to 5 and 8 build times.

Barracks

Reduced level 4 and 5 upgrade costs.

Army Post

Reduced level 3 upgrade cost.
Increased level 8 upgrade cost.
Increased level 2, 3 and 5 to 8 build times.

Defense

Watch Tower

Reduced level 2 to 5 upgrade costs.
Increased level 5 to 7 build times.

Fireball Catapult

Reduced level 1 to 4 upgrade costs.
Increased level 1 to 5 build times.

Lightning Cannon

Increased level 7 upgrade cost.
Reduced level 7 build time.
Increased level 1 to 5 build times.

Flamethrower

Increased level 7 and 8 upgrade costs.
Reduced level 5, 7 and 8 build times.

Watch Tower

Increased level 5 to 7 build times.
Reduced level 2 to 5 upgrade costs.

Wizard's Tower

Increased level 1 to 7 build times.
Reduced level 1-6 build costs.

Other

Royal Hall

Reduced level 4 and 5 upgrade costs.
Increased level 10 upgrade cost and build time.

Alliance Portal

Converted to cost Spellstones to buy and upgrade.
Increased level 4 and 5 build times.

str0ngbad
11-18-13, 01:22 PM
Those upgrade time increase are really going to hurt lower level players and really divide the September players for people like HOPR and RedWine. This is frustrating. 4 days for a level 2 wizard upgrade???

scottyhaha
11-18-13, 01:26 PM
Is this going to effect our currently upgrades? I hate to see all my upgrades restarting from day 1

ktdlmnop
11-18-13, 02:36 PM
Is this going to effect our currently upgrades? I hate to see all my upgrades restarting from day 1

One of my upgrades was the watch tower and it looks like it finished early

MeisterLampee
11-18-13, 02:45 PM
The wizard tower first upgrade changed from 16h to 4 days! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Instead of lowering the upgrade times, that everybody wanted here, they even made them higher! So the whole "Your feedback is important to us" are empty words. The whole forum is no use to the customers! So what's the upgrade time for a lv 7 wizard tower? 2 month?!?

And what happens in two weeks? Are you gonna increase the times again? Where is this all leading?

Hello?!? We plan, we spend money! You cannot come and just lengthen the most important times in this game! I want my money back!

FrozenTurtle
11-18-13, 02:47 PM

Current upgrades should NOT be affected this time. We took all your feedback from last time and improved how we implement changes. :)

syllrag
11-18-13, 06:57 PM
Nice update, increasing the usefulness of the 5th workshed

pcrxj
11-18-13, 09:35 PM
What a stupid patch!
Increased ... build times
If all workers are building, what is my motivation on combat?

syllrag
11-18-13, 11:40 PM
Ballista lv1 to lv2: from 4days to 7days
Wizard Tower lv1 to lv2: from 16hours to 4days
Fireball Cata lv4 to lv5: from 16hours to 4days
Lightning lv2 to lv3: from 1day to 2days
Lightning lv3 to lv4: from 2day to 3days
Watchtower lv6 to lv7: from 1day to 2days
Cannon lv7 to lv8: from 1day to 2days
Army Post lv6 to lv7: from 3days to 4days
Alliance Portal lv3 to lv4: from 2days to 3days

I like the update, please introduce the 6th workshed soon..

syllrag
11-18-13, 11:46 PM
Keep up the good work dev, you guys are the best!! Please don't forget the 6th workshed, and the 7th and 8th...

sand
11-19-13, 12:29 AM
What a staggering adjustment! I think I see some attempt at balance. Where you've reduced costs at lower levels, you've increased build times and vice versa. But those of us in the intermediate range are looking at painful increases in BOTH time and cost.
I appreciate the shift from coins to spellstone for the Alliance Portal. But this morning, the upgrade to Portal-5 was 2.4M coins and 3 days. Now it is 9M stones and 6 days. Mercy! I can't even HOLD that many stones in my two Level 11 vaults. So only players at RH8 and higher with THREE stone vaults can now do this upgrade, with the time DOUBLED!
The time increase on the Wizard Tower is beyond outrageous. Many of us held off on that first upgrade because of the cost. Now the cost is only slightly reduced from 3.5M to 3M while the time is increased 6 times over from 16 hours to 4 days! And this is just the FIRST upgrade.
We applaud you for the price break on the lower levels of some buildings; but on the whole, your increases to build times are obscenely brutal, even for players with 4-5 worksheds.
Slowing down the game overall is one thing; but there are powerful players out in front that are now further ahead of the pack because you have essentially widened what was already a canyon-sized gap between June starters and September starters; to say nothing of more recent arrivals.

I feel like the Ice Wizard has just zapped me with an ice bolt and taunted "DO something!"

syllrag
11-19-13, 03:00 AM
I just got an enlightenment. Now I get why they have no problem increasing the upgrade time. Because I only play KC on storm8, I didn't realize it before how their money making system works. While we are waiting for upgrades, they expected us to play other storm8's games, that's why we always get those popups. And you can spend money on KC and also other storm8 games. The strategy might hurt FM in the short term but enhance their overall storm8 money machine in the long term.

sand
11-19-13, 03:08 AM
FireMocha, please amend the Alliance Portal so that players attempting to upgrade a portal from Level 4 to Level 5 will get the message "You need to upgrade your Royal Hall to Level 8!" since the new cost of 9 million spellstones is not achievable until then.

With all your pricing changes, there are probably other buildings that need their RH requirement changed, but this is the one that jumped out at me (perhaps because you pulled that hard change just as I was about to do the upgrade).

bubblesx
11-19-13, 04:22 AM
We took all your feedback from last time and improved how we implement changes.

Wow. Yes, with these changes you have really incorporated our feedback. Good job!

sand
11-19-13, 07:59 AM
What a stupid patch!
Increased ... build times
If all workers are building, what is my motivation on combat?

If all workers are building, the motivation is to spend gems for extra worksheds, or spend gems to speed upgrades, or spend gems to speed up troops for combat. Ultimately, they sincerely hope you will be motivated to BUY gems.
It may seem like a "stupid patch" to you, but you're not on the seller's end of the App Store transaction, see?

fanie37
11-19-13, 10:12 AM
Why isnt there anything done with donations and received log being leader in a clan that you cant tell how ppl are active is frustrating There should be an alert also for when someone chats like this it would bring attention to members to read what is going on in chat i had 48 members and loosing all my best players because we cant tell who is abusing from donations Ty

cornythorny
11-20-13, 10:45 AM
What a staggering adjustment! I think I see some attempt at balance. Where you've reduced costs at lower levels, you've increased build times and vice versa. But those of us in the intermediate range are looking at painful increases in BOTH time and cost.
I appreciate the shift from coins to spellstone for the Alliance Portal. But this morning, the upgrade to Portal-5 was 2.4M coins and 3 days. Now it is 9M stones and 6 days. Mercy! I can't even HOLD that many stones in my two Level 11 vaults. So only players at RH8 and higher with THREE stone vaults can now do this upgrade, with the time DOUBLED!
The time increase on the Wizard Tower is beyond outrageous. Many of us held off on that first upgrade because of the cost. Now the cost is only slightly reduced from 3.5M to 3M while the time is increased 6 times over from 16 hours to 4 days! And this is just the FIRST upgrade.
We applaud you for the price break on the lower levels of some buildings; but on the whole, your increases to build times are obscenely brutal, even for players with 4-5 worksheds.
Slowing down the game overall is one thing; but there are powerful players out in front that are now further ahead of the pack because you have essentially widened what was already a canyon-sized gap between June starters and September starters; to say nothing of more recent arrivals.

I feel like the Ice Wizard has just zapped me with an ice bolt and taunted "DO something!"

I agree 100%. I appreciate the shift to try to balance the price vs build time. But, I think more tweaking is in order for us at intermediate levels that have no chance to upgrade defenses lasting 4+ days. Also with vault levels not able to hold enough coin/spellstone to build with.

tiedyetim
11-20-13, 06:39 PM
Can you address the weakening of archers please? Will this be fixed? Is it an adjustment for balance? I can adapt but I need intel to plan my strategy... This IS a strategy game..... Right?

kwhales
11-20-13, 06:51 PM
And the strange pathing archers take now. Put them in front of a weapon or vault and they go for an object (like post) further away. Please fix this.

fanie37
11-22-13, 05:11 PM
I see there was a change made for us to see who donates thank you very much for this. It is a good start but still slows me down for figuring out who is good in a clan and who is a burden it does not tell me how players are active that do not chat do not donate and do not ask for troops. These players deserve not to be kicked but tell me how to figure this one out without having to look at everyone stats write them down and have to check everyday to figure who is active there should be something you guys and or gals could do to help. And thanks again for the little change that has been done to help in this matter