PDA

View Full Version : Farm Story Version - Pick one please

Mr Ed
07-18-10, 10:16 PM
OK, I love the latest updates but I would not have known about it unless a neighbor told me. I have installed each version (original, flowers, snap, summer) and then deleted the earlier version. Now when the update comes through under the original name I don't see it in my app store updates because I had deleted it. Could TeamLava just pick one name and stick with it? Maybe with a version number on the splash screen and profile page to avoid confusion?

And to all those that gripe about the lack of weekly updates or constantly adding new items I say that TeamLava has done an outstanding job for a FREE game and have obviously taken players feedback into consideration.

Make your requests politely and if enough players agree I'm sure TeamLava will give it due consideration (that does not mean they have to do it).

Thank You TeamLava!
Mr Ed

Unregistered
07-19-10, 08:21 AM
I agree. I now have the original version and the Summer version. I was going to delete the original version, but now it is telling me there is an update. What is the current version???

Jason

Unregistered
07-19-10, 11:16 AM
I have uploaded the original version again and deleted summer. It works perfectly fine.

Mr. Ed
07-19-10, 06:58 PM
If you had installed "Farm Story" (original) then flowers then snap then summer and deleted prior versions as you upgraded then you wouldn't know about the latest update unless you check the forum or a neighbor left a message. I vote that TeamLava sticks with "Farm Story" and adds a version number to the splash page and/or the profile page. An ad for the latest update instead of the "free gems for installing x" for down level users would get the message out for those that don't regularly check for updates. Note that this is just a suggestion to TeamLava and not a complaint but a single name could avoid confusion and unnecessary threads on the forum. Another possibility is a deletable note on a farmers wall advertising the new update and the "farm of the week" contest or other important news. Maybe a "Farm Story News" tab is in order?

I love this game for it's non-competivitness and social interaction and am amazed at the number of farmers that will spend time going through their neighbor lists numbering in the 100's for the minor return it provides. As well as the innovative farms from those that mimic a real far
to those that pure art (hay bale pictures) and hedge mazes or just real pretty layouts with just a small portion of "cash crops" (I personally like these the best).

Hawk 8
07-19-10, 07:09 PM
I could be wrong, but it might have something to do with download numbers. When Farm Story Summer came out it was the number free app download in the app store. Maybe they needed to up the download numbers for the original Farm Story. When fall rolls around Im guessing we will all be downloading Farm Story Fall.

Mr Ed
07-21-10, 05:22 PM
But the storm8 games seem to stay up in the ratings even without updates. I could see it if downloads of updates don't count. Whatever the reason it would be nice if there was a natural progression or at least notification to the downlevel versions via a sticky on the wall or a temporary notification instead of the "install x for x gems"