PDA

View Full Version : What items do you usually buy from the market?

nancydrew88
11-18-13, 09:25 AM
I'm curious to know what kind of items do you usually buy from other players. Do you usually buy plants, food or tools? Share it here so we'll know what to put up in our shops! :D

LindaBLB
11-18-13, 10:18 AM
Lemons! And tools, of course.

Danthrax85
11-18-13, 10:22 AM
Lemons, Wool, Anchovies, Bait, Bacon, tools/supplies,

kooky panda
11-18-13, 11:19 AM
What the other two members posted and Herbs!!

I also get crazy sometimes and do not watch my wheat and corn count, so I usually have to run around looking for these.

3Dolphin2013
11-18-13, 12:45 PM
Tools, maps and screws etc.

nancydrew88
11-18-13, 03:10 PM
I also get crazy sometimes and do not watch my wheat and corn count, so I usually have to run around looking for these.

Same with me! But when I really need those crops, I won't be able to find them because nobody sells them...but when I have plenty of those, they just crop up in the newspaper lol

mamareader02
11-18-13, 03:13 PM
What the other two members posted and Herbs!!

Don't forget spinach,Kooky,you're my best buyer of that!:)

kooky panda
11-18-13, 03:29 PM
I know I am always running out of spinach!! ( I think popeye is dropping by for late night snacks!)

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb425/ylauzon/Popeye.png (http://media.photobucket.com/user/ylauzon/media/Popeye.png.html)

mamareader02
11-18-13, 05:08 PM
Lol,he must be,at the rate you need to replenish!and as for the topic,I buy catfish,logs,SAWS(dont even see how much or how many,even if I have enough,my brain won't let me pass em up),oranges,lemons,those purple berries.occasionally milk,or like kooky said,wheat

ginrae22
11-18-13, 05:38 PM
It completely depends on what I am trying to accomplish at the moment. But I really don't troll my neighbors shops for food items. I more so use the newspaper if I need something for an order or especially for the train. If my neighbor has a specific tool that I need I definitely will buy that from them in a heartbeat! I'm always in need of lemons as well can't afford anymore trees at the moment lol.

So lemons, wool for sure, sometimes bacon...and always looking for land deeds, maps and screws. OH and shovels lol but nobody ever seems to have any spares so haha none are being sold.

nancydrew88
11-18-13, 06:34 PM
Yeah, the tools and maps, land deeds are hard to find in the markets. I rarely find any of those. I guess everyone want to stock them up lol.

nancydrew88
11-18-13, 06:35 PM
Ok, another question. When you want to buy milk, eggs or any crops, would you buy heaps of them (like 5-10) or just a little (3)?

CuddlyDragon
11-18-13, 06:38 PM
I usually check what I need for the train delivery. I add whatever I happen to have and then stalk the Market to fill the rest as I make/grow the items.

kooky panda
11-18-13, 06:41 PM
Ok, another question. When you want to buy milk, eggs or any crops, would you buy heaps of them (like 5-10) or just a little (3)?
Depends on the cost and what I need at the time.

journeysmom
11-18-13, 07:29 PM
I have never een seen lemons for sale! I sure would snap them up no matter what the price!

I buy tools, permits, wool and bacon especially if I am stock piling stew/baked potatoes or pizza for a promotion. Once in awhile, I do need the basics when I have not planned well and run out of wheat, flax, or potatoes.

Buggi79
11-20-13, 06:00 AM
I usually look at cost more than anything. If someone just maxes out the cost for something I don't buy it. But reasonably priced items I tend to buy. While permits and tools are rare, I tend to buy anchovies, bacon, and wool whenever possible.

sunkalito
11-20-13, 06:55 AM
LEMONS!! I GO CRAY-CRAY OVER LEMONS! And tools, usually: nails, shovels, paint, saws, pickaxes (I always have lots of hammers)... Also, bacon and sometimes i need to buy wheat or corn (i don't notice that I eat through my stock haha) - I've also had to buy peppers, flax and sugar canes. I've bought catfish a couple of times. I BUY APPLES when they're not max price - I'll pay a maximum of 70 for 10 apples.
I buy maps as well, especially land deeds and old maps.

There's something else but i can't remember what anymore. Lol. Before i knew how the marked worked, I always sold below market price (live and learn lol). But now I'll oftentimes go up to the max, then deduct some money according to how many items I'm selling. Usually 30 coins, up to 50, or so. When I wanna get rid of something I'll sell at the price or below. Wish we could adjust the prices after a few hours though.

Depending on what I need i may buy many of one item, or just a few. I'm also running low on barn space so I need to manage on that. I have SO MUCH WOOL but i feel bad seeling it. Wish i had a second studio.

journeysmom
11-20-13, 07:39 AM
I wish we could adjust the price after putting an item up for sale also!

Danthrax85
11-21-13, 10:06 AM
Don't forget spinach,Kooky,you're my best buyer of that!:)

How do you know who buys what from you?

Danthrax85
11-21-13, 10:06 AM
Those of you saying you buy wheat and corn, check out my shop, I sell both well below market price. (30 for corn 15 for wheat)

mamareader02
11-21-13, 10:12 AM

Cause it's the panda with double pistols!:)

finnth12
11-21-13, 01:24 PM
I buy catfish, lemons, tools. My market always full, unless I'm asleep ;)

sunkalito
11-22-13, 01:00 AM

Ovly when you have neighbors with a particular avatar, connected from facebook or something. (i think)

leonsandcastle
11-22-13, 03:42 PM
I buy maps/deeds/permits, screws/nails/paint, and, for some reason, pig food. I don't think I've ever bought any kind of produce that I can grow myself, but I will buy items that I would've made anyway that are cheap (say, orange chocolate), especially when I could sell the ingredients for just as much and save the hours of crafting time.

PookieBear50
11-22-13, 06:39 PM
I usually snatch up any expansion items (deeds, maps, etc.) that show up in the newspaper, along with saws, nails, screws, and paint. At the moment I don't need bricks, pick-axes or hammers, though when the time comes I'll start buying those up too. And shovels...definitely shovels. For some odd reason, I also feel compelled to buy up any oranges I see, to the extent that I sometimes have over 30 sitting in my silo. And bacon, though I usually go through that very quickly. Only once have I seen lemons in the market, so I grabbed that. I also keep an eye out for baits and for bass...though if they are priced at 1 for more than 220, I usually decline, despite how urgently I might need them.

crystalrayn3
11-22-13, 11:54 PM
Wool, Lemons, Ores, Anchovies, reasonably priced Catfish, Tools & the rare Expansion Items. I'll also scoop up the veggies with long growing times such as carrots, peppers & lettuce, depending on prices. I usually won't pay for items sold at maxed prices unless they're extremely rare or I'm absolutely desperate. I scored big the other day & found 6 Screws for sale. They depleted my wallet over $700 but were worth it 100%!

tankerslacers
11-23-13, 07:14 PM
It looks like you can promote an item in your newspaper twice per day. What does this mean? Does this mean that item will show up in others' newspapers more often?

Does this mean that items you put up for sale that are not promoted can only be purchased by neighbors who visit your store?

iggychic
11-28-13, 01:16 PM
Herbs, honey, wool, and then items to build capacity with. Or anything super cheep :).

sweetypies97
11-28-13, 01:19 PM
Expansion items and lemons no matter what the price is. I'm hunting for paint at the moment but everyone must be short like me!

Gabi2111
11-28-13, 03:23 PM
It depends what I need at the time. No need to expand anymore, There for no need for papers.
But i try to fill and send trains as fast as i can and normally buy the items i am missing.