PDA

View Full Version : issues with my bakery story, farm story and restaurant story

choconutmilk
11-18-13, 09:23 AM
it has been happening for a few days in my all 3 TL games (bakery, farm and restaurant). in my bakery, when i finished baking the food and then proceeded to cook another recipe, exited from the game. the next time i loaded the game, then oven was empty or for the worse, the first food was already spoiled. same thing happened to my restaurant. while in my farm, i harvested al my crops, plowed the plot and planted other crops, exited the game. the next thing i knew, some of the plot already plowed and some remained empty. because it has been happening all the time, i begin to get a little upset. i have all three games updated. cleaned all the caches but nothing seemed helping at all. and yes, the pop up saying oh darn! which telling me that i have no internet connection showing up like crazy. and nope, my internet is fine, baby. i can watch youtube without any delay and i can browse the internet freely. so i thought, perhaps the problem comes from the game itself.
does anyone have the same problem as mine? or is it only me?

kooky panda
11-18-13, 11:23 AM
You may be exiting the game before some of your progress gets saved. Before you leave the game try visiting a neighbor then come back and make sure everything you did gets saved.

zZ_guera_Zz
11-18-13, 01:19 PM
I've never had that problem when I'm at home on wifi, but that does happen to me occasionally when I'm out playing bakery or restaurant using my 4g data on my phone. I know that you said your wifi is working great, but it wouldn't hurt to do an internet speed test just to be sure. Sometimes you need to reset your gateway to refresh your wifi, it often slows over time for whatever reason.

lilkeeks
11-18-13, 02:03 PM
Same problem has been happening to me too,, both on 4g and Wifi...I'm also getting the error messages "this neighbor has blocked you", and "your bakery is out of sync"

Visiting neighbors is taking longer than usual also because their bakeries won't load for about 30 seconds to a minute

kooky panda
11-18-13, 03:07 PM
I've never had that problem when I'm at home on wifi, but that does happen to me occasionally when I'm out playing bakery or restaurant using my 4g data on my phone. I know that you said your wifi is working great, but it wouldn't hurt to do an internet speed test just to be sure. Sometimes you need to reset your gateway to refresh your wifi, it often slows over time for whatever reason.

Agreed with this. Sometimes just unplugging your wifi router and plugging back in can help with your wifi. Also going under your settings and turning your wifi off then back on can also help.

Same problem has been happening to me too,, both on 4g and Wifi...I'm also getting the error messages "this neighbor has blocked you", and "your bakery is out of sync"

Visiting neighbors is taking longer than usual also because their bakeries won't load for about 30 seconds to a minute

There is no blocking feature in the game. When you get this message, it means you have lost connection to the game.

choconutmilk
11-18-13, 05:17 PM

never get the blocked message but i get a lot "your bakery is out of sync". and yes, visiting neighbors is longer than before now and sometimes i get the message " loading the other bakery is failed"

choconutmilk
11-18-13, 05:20 PM

how to test the internet speed on a tablet? i know we can do it on pc or laptop, does it work the same?

choconutmilk
11-18-13, 05:30 PM
You may be exiting the game before some of your progress gets saved. Before you leave the game try visiting a neighbor then come back and make sure everything you did gets saved.

i'll try to do that next time i play. i usually exit the game when i finish to do my things on my own bakery. there was once when i was redecorating my bakery which took me hours because i wasn't good at it..hehe.. and the next day, my attempt to redecorate was useless because the bakery was in a mess. it looked like a storm just hit the bakery so i just placed them back like before - the one before i decided to redecorate.

zZ_guera_Zz
11-18-13, 10:21 PM
how to test the internet speed on a tablet? i know we can do it on pc or laptop, does it work the same?

I don't think so, because tablets don't run flash, from my understanding of them at least, and flash is needed for all the internet speed tests I've seen. I usually turn the laptop on just to do a speed test bec I've seen some that are supposed to test your phone but the websites look kind of shady so i haven't tried them.

nky1111
11-18-13, 10:35 PM
it shows the progress bar when you download from google play, you can use that one.
actually these games are pretty playable even on 48 kbps but if there are no delays. if it stops for a second you lose it.

NeishaFire
05-30-14, 06:13 AM
There is no blocking feature in the game. When you get this message, it means you have lost connection to the game.

I only ever get this message from 1 neighbor, the same one every time I go there. I have deleted her and added her back after over a week and still get this message.

kooky panda
05-30-14, 07:15 AM
I only ever get this message from 1 neighbor, the same one every time I go there. I have deleted her and added her back after over a week and still get this message.
Since I posted this, there is now a blocking feature offered on IOS for Restaurant and Bakery Story.

It is possible that this person may have really blocked you if she plays on an IOS device.
Can you post a screenshot of the blocking message next time you get it?

NeishaFire
05-30-14, 08:46 AM
Since I posted this, there is now a blocking feature offered on IOS for Restaurant and Bakery Story.

It is possible that this person may have really blocked you if she plays on an IOS device.
Can you post a screenshot of the blocking message next time you get it?

I play on kindle fire I tried to screen shot but can't. The message reads : Oh Darn! This player blocked you so you can not post comments on their wall.
She is also my neighbor on restaurant story and says she didn't block me. In fact she was not happy that I had removed her as a nbr.
I will ask her if she uses IOS. Though I do know she looked at the time this started and said she couldn't find a way to even block anyone.
Thanks
NeishaFire

poisonoushades
05-30-14, 08:51 PM
I am having this same exact problem with all of my games. I play FS(both), BS, DS, MS, and RS. ALL of them have been having this problem. It is definitely not MY internet, because it works fine with anything else I do online. Also this forum page has been super laggy as bad as the games. I have been losing dishes on both games, my farm has been acting up(and I don't leave the game quickly), and my fashion game won't open sometimes. Dragon and Monster Story are having the same problem. I think enough people have complained here that TL should be looking into the issue already. I'm just glad someone else already asked about it because I thought it was only me.

kooky panda
05-31-14, 03:06 PM
I play on kindle fire I tried to screen shot but can't. The message reads : Oh Darn! This player blocked you so you can not post comments on their wall.
She is also my neighbor on restaurant story and says she didn't block me. In fact she was not happy that I had removed her as a nbr.
I will ask her if she uses IOS. Though I do know she looked at the time this started and said she couldn't find a way to even block anyone.
Thanks
NeishaFire

This is the pop up for when someone blocks you. She may of blocked you my accident. She can unblock you by going under her settings.

See the main thread here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?68391-iOS-New-Block-Feature-in-Limited-Games!&p=897567&viewfull=1#post897567) for more information.

kooky panda
05-31-14, 03:08 PM
I am having this same exact problem with all of my games. I play FS(both), BS, DS, MS, and RS. ALL of them have been having this problem. It is definitely not MY internet, because it works fine with anything else I do online. Also this forum page has been super laggy as bad as the games. I have been losing dishes on both games, my farm has been acting up(and I don't leave the game quickly), and my fashion game won't open sometimes. Dragon and Monster Story are having the same problem. I think enough people have complained here that TL should be looking into the issue already. I'm just glad someone else already asked about it because I thought it was only me.

The forum is running really fast for me today. With the forum lagging and issues in the games, it could be weak internet connection.
Try moving closer to your wifi box. You can also turn your wifi off then back on again to reset it.

ElaineCarrel
05-31-14, 03:19 PM
The forum is running really fast for me today. With the forum lagging and issues in the games, it could be weak internet connection.
Try moving closer to your wifi box. You can also turn your wifi off then back on again to reset it.

I'm like u kooky panda, my games and forums r running just fine.

poisonoushades
06-01-14, 01:35 AM

It is definitely not a problem with MY internet, because as I said before, everything else I do online on this device has been running fast and smoothly. I have ONLY been having connection issues specifically with TeamLava games and this forum site. I am left to assume it is a problem on their side, not mine. I keep having to replant crops, order clothes again in my fashion shop, recook dishes in both games, and rebreed dragons. Monster Story doesn't seem to have issues besides not opening sometimes. I have turned my wifi off and on multiple times, and it only seemed to make it worse. Today isn't as bad as yesterday, but it is still glitchy for me. I will give it a few more days and hope it fixes itself before I contact support.