PDA

View Full Version : How do you make your food last for so long?

TexasPeanut
11-17-13, 04:56 PM
Hello, everyone!
I'm a semi-new Bakery Story player.
I played the game religiously about 2 years ago and lost everything as soon as I got a new phone.

But anywho, I decided to start up playing again and I have been addicted :p
I just have a quick question, though!

All of my neighbors (& everybody here) are obviously like...freakin' legends at this game and I noticed that in all of their (AMAZING; so jealous!!! lol) they have counters and counters and counters filled with FOOD! I was just wondering how exactly do you achieve this? My food always finishes so quickly! And my bakery is way smaller than theirs.
lol.
Thanks to all who reply! <3

MsBrookeNicole
11-17-13, 05:26 PM
I was having the same problem until recently (only at level 39, so I'm still kinda low)-things started shifting when I got my 9th and 10th ovens (you get a 10th at level 37). I'm now at the point where I have some counters with a small stock pile of 20-30,000 of the items.

Just keep baking and have patience-it really does just take time.

Here's a few good threads to read:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?58664-How-to-build-up-food-at-my-bakery
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?60312-Same-food-on-multiple-counters

Also, I wait until I'm going to be away for a while (like bed/work) and put out the food that has been gifted to me. For whatever reason, that just made sense to me so I could have more out when I wasn't there to bake.
You can also add me as a neighbor- I'll send you food! ID is the same as here in the forum. :)

TexasPeanut
11-17-13, 07:10 PM
Aw, thank you so much for you help!
I will certainly be adding you (:

CuteTali
11-18-13, 01:37 AM
Bakery is the one games where you actually can't ever clear all your counters. I've been playing nearly 2 years now and I cook every recipe until it's mastered. I have millions of plates on my counters, some food has been sitting there for about a year and still not running out. You only run out of food in the beginner/lower levels. Once you level up some more, you will gain access to food that cooks in a high volume of servings per dish.

Also, in case you haven't done so yet, make sure that you have as many appliances as you can (the appliance section will be greyed out if you maxed your appliances) and always have something cooking. Even if you don't have time to check it often, cook something that takes 16-22 hrs so when you come back you can always add more food to the counters. Eventually you will build a nice stock of food, so even if you have to be away for the weekend, your customers won't go hungry.

zZ_guera_Zz
11-18-13, 08:34 AM
You have to play a lot if you're lower level, it's the only way. Around level 38 you will begin to have enough stoves to make enough food, but before then, you need to play often and make recipes with high yields. If you can avoid it, try not to make recipes that yield less than 150 servings per hour. I would always try to do the highest yield per hour recipes first when I was low level. Unfortunately, you will not always make tons of money this way, but at least you will not have to worry about angry customers. The problem now for you is probably that you are doing goals right now, so you are forced to make the goal recipes, which usually have notoriously low yields. What level are you currently?

thecakerybakery
11-19-13, 11:04 AM
Move your tables as far from the door as possible and make them take as long a trip as you can to get to the table. Slowing them down makes food stay longer so the bigger your bakery with the longer walks makes a big difference! To speed empty counters put the tables right next to the door. I emptied all my tables that way in a few days! Also only cook the recipes with larger amounts like red velvet. More ovens with recipes that cook a lot, close doors at night, tables far from door and as big a bakery as you can.

jim23cash
12-03-13, 09:51 AM
Ask your neighbors to all gift food. I like hot chocolate if you need high amounts and not high income. Cappucino gives highest income, but only 50 servings. I think Hot chocolate is 150 servings. Brownies are 300(?) items, but you can make that many yourself in about a half hour. (Ask for items that take longer to cook).Post on your wall what you want for gift (food type), then put it out as soon as it comes in. When you go to bed, put on items that will be ready in the morning, or the next time you are able to play. The longer the cooking time, the more time you have to serve it before it spoils.
Good Luck!