PDA

View Full Version : Word Scramble goal

Castloninian
11-17-13, 05:13 AM
Has anyone else got this one recently? I always like to earn the extra gems but my games don't seem to be registering on Castle Story. You need to play 120 games. I haven't got to 120 yet but it would be annoying if I spent all that time playing for nothing. Hoping someone else got the same goal and that it worked for them.

JayUK69
11-17-13, 05:49 AM
I had it and it worked fine. You don't even need to complete 120 games, just play one and get a word and quit game and do another. They all register so you get through 120 games a lot quicker.

eva178
11-17-13, 06:06 AM
Aah that's a great tip JayUK!

Castloninian
11-17-13, 06:30 AM
I had it and it worked fine. You don't even need to complete 120 games, just play one and get a word and quit game and do another. They all register so you get through 120 games a lot quicker.

Did it ever register your progress? Mine still says 0% when I actually have now done 120 games. Bit disappointing but it hasn't registered on CS (despite forceclose and reinstall) so have not got the gems :(

Castloninian
11-17-13, 06:33 AM

I did try that tactic but while it registered words it never registered as a game played.

JayUK69
11-17-13, 06:50 AM
Did it ever register your progress? Mine still says 0% when I actually have now done 120 games. Bit disappointing but it hasn't registered on CS (despite forceclose and reinstall) so have not got the gems :(

No it still said 0% until I reached the required number of games and it popped up saying the usual, collect from any coin building. Just keep a count of how many games you play, if you've already lost count, just do 10 at a time and then reopen CS to see if it registers.

BriarAvenue
11-17-13, 07:10 AM
I believe the game has a counter though. I just did the classic one, and it does register.

Castloninian
11-17-13, 07:41 AM
I believe the game has a counter though. I just did the classic one, and it does register.

Yes, the game counter was 120 in total (between classic and blitz) but it didn't register. Maybe it should have been 120 classic games? I deleted and reinstalled and now it's lost all my progress :(. I don't mind not doing the goal but don't like this unfinished one sitting there for another 14 days.

meme1098
11-17-13, 10:31 AM
My game keeps track, have 84 so far under my stats, but I only play classic. I love word games so no problem for me to play this one.

Revi4
11-17-13, 10:31 AM
I played on blitz mode. I did 1 word and waited for the (around) 30 seconds to end. It takes a little while for the whole 120 but at least it registered fine. The % on CS stays on 0 throughout the whole time but once you do 120 it does pop up the finished goal window. Just look at the blitz mode statistics on the scramble game to make sure your game count actually goes up.

Revi4
11-17-13, 10:32 AM
Try force close and reopen CS

Castloninian
11-17-13, 11:15 AM
I tried force close and even reinstall. I think my problem was that I had played 120 in total between classic and blitz, but not 120 in total of one category. Urgh. Oh well, may try another 120 of blitz - that's one hour of playing - and see if that works. I hope there isn't a second goal after that!

Castloninian
11-17-13, 12:03 PM
I tried force close and even reinstall. I think my problem was that I had played 120 in total between classic and blitz, but not 120 in total of one category. Urgh. Oh well, may try another 120 of blitz - that's one hour of playing - and see if that works. I hope there isn't a second goal after that!

Ho hum. About 20 games more of blitz and all of a sudden the goal is completed in CS. Seems like it somehow remembered the 98 games I did before I deleted it :)

Revi4
11-17-13, 02:01 PM
I had like 2 or 3 on classic, the rest blitz, and it still counted.
Anyways, glad it worked for you the second time :)

CLOVERKAITO
11-17-13, 02:27 PM
I played on blitz mode. I did 1 word and waited for the (around) 30 seconds to end. It takes a little while for the whole 120 but at least it registered fine. The % on CS stays on 0 throughout the whole time but once you do 120 it does pop up the finished goal window. Just look at the blitz mode statistics on the scramble game to make sure your game count actually goes up.

That's a good strategy. I did 34 games on classic and got tired of it (I hate word games)... I'll do this instead, pick 1 word then wait. Thanks!

Castloninian
11-17-13, 02:29 PM
That's a good strategy. I did 34 games on classic and got tired of it (I hate word games)... I'll do this instead, pick 1 word then wait. Thanks!

Yep, that's how I did it too. Any short word is best as it adds least time. But for me it definitely only worked once I had played 120 games on Blitz, so any played on Classic didn't count.

maguar
11-17-13, 02:43 PM
Please note that while TL does provide opportunities to try other games they do not provide gems for this. There are other unrelated goals that do provide gems.

Also note that with these types of goals, your progress will show as 0% until you finish the goal. There is a counter that does keep track of your games.