PDA

View Full Version : Missing recipes

lamoca88
11-15-13, 06:57 AM
Hi, I was checking up on which recipes they would probably remove 15 Nov. and then I noticed that I do not have Candy Corn Pizza. I looked into one of those databases and then found out that I'm actually missing a lot of recipes! French Fries, Golden Onion Rings, Mummy Pizza, Candy Corn Pizza and so on. Where did they all go? I know some of them might have been limited or whatever, but I thought that if you mastered the recipes you'd get to keep them??? I know I mastered them all, so i don't understand why they have disappeared?

nky1111
11-15-13, 07:23 AM
french fries and golden onion rings are last Christmas. try RS Christmas edition, they're probably there.

no you can't keep them on the regular ovens. and sometimes even on special ovens.

lamoca88
11-15-13, 07:41 AM
What? You need to play the specific versions of RS to be able to cook those recipes? I alway delete the seasonal apps when the season is over. Why on earth would I save 3-4 versions of the same game?

TinksThots
11-15-13, 08:19 AM
What? You need to play the specific versions of RS to be able to cook those recipes? I alway delete the seasonal apps when the season is over. Why on earth would I save 3-4 versions of the same game?
Because there's a ton of content that stays on those versions but gets removed from the regular ones. Some of it may still be in the regular ones now, but eventually, more will be pulled to make room for more new stuff, and the older versions don't get stripped like that. Mostly. ;)

lamoca88
11-15-13, 08:44 AM
Because there's a ton of content that stays on those versions but gets removed from the regular ones. Some of it may still be in the regular ones now, but eventually, more will be pulled to make room for more new stuff, and the older versions don't get stripped like that. Mostly. ;)

Still that that's ridiculous when you've mastered the recipes. It's a cooking game... Anyway, but I did look for the Halloween RS and I couldn't find it in the app store. Then I tried searching to see what else, and I read some old threads that claim the old apps aren't playable in iOS7 anyway...

lamoca88
11-15-13, 08:45 AM
*still think

meme1098
11-15-13, 03:21 PM
Nope...they're no longer compatible with IOS7 unfortunately and TL won't bother with making them since there's a newer version. Kinda makes me sad since there are several games I would like to get access to but can't. :(

sharpguy32
11-15-13, 11:33 PM
Speaking of stuff being on previous versions.... I've been reading here and there about how some recipes are still on older versions, such as Halloween 2012 and now hearing about older Christmas version... I'm not going to let that happen to me. Too late to go back in time, but for the future, I'm archiving every version as they come out. Android users, you can go to google play store (might be an app something like this on IoS/iTunes, dunno), search "App backup and restore". It will back up your installed app(s) as a .apk file (which is the same format they are downloaded from the play store). The backed up version is like the original installer package. Although, you don't really need the app to restore. If you browse for the .apk file on your sdcard (in a File Explorer type program) and click it, it would install anyways. These app backup/restore apps just backup the actual files, not the cache or data files. There are apps for that too. Just pointing that out if you use this type of program to backup other apps.

So next year, if someone says Halloween 2013 or Christmas 2013 (if one comes out) has this and this... I'm going to be like, hmm, really? Let me lookie :D

lamoca88
11-16-13, 03:59 AM
I played to collect recipes and when you do all the work to master them, you want to keep them. My interest had been waning anyway since I prefer FS2 as it's more challenging to make those deliveries. But I had some nostalgic affection for the cooking games. This is giving me the last push I needed to quit the games, so thanks for that, I guess.

nathanhomer2
11-16-13, 10:36 PM
Speaking of stuff being on previous versions.... I've been reading here and there about how some recipes are still on older versions, such as Halloween 2012 and now hearing about older Christmas version... I'm not going to let that happen to me. Too late to go back in time, but for the future, I'm archiving every version as they come out. Android users, you can go to google play store (might be an app something like this on IoS/iTunes, dunno), search "App backup and restore". It will back up your installed app(s) as a .apk file (which is the same format they are downloaded from the play store). The backed up version is like the original installer package. Although, you don't really need the app to restore. If you browse for the .apk file on your sdcard (in a File Explorer type program) and click it, it would install anyways. These app backup/restore apps just backup the actual files, not the cache or data files. There are apps for that too. Just pointing that out if you use this type of program to backup other apps.

So next year, if someone says Halloween 2013 or Christmas 2013 (if one comes out) has this and this... I'm going to be like, hmm, really? Let me lookie :D

I just went to the play store and clicked in the upper left play store, then clicked my apps, then pick all instead of installed. All my old RS versions are there, I went back to christmas 2012 along with memorial day and fourth of july and installed them. They all work again, I am cooking 15min tutle soup and even bought the turducken and chestnut roaster for the first time. Running android 4.0.4 and play store 4.4.21.
All the games where there, farm and bakery for your reinstalling convience. You just need to choose the right icon, use the christmas RS if you want those old recipes from last year. Good luck