PDA

View Full Version : Attacked while in maintenance

mazomal
11-15-13, 06:54 AM
I just got attacked by someone named donquick1974, that may be spelt wrong, I tried to load but the game is still under maintenance, I want anything I lost back because that's not fair -.-

Rheign
11-15-13, 06:58 AM
At first message says check connection, followed by system maintenace. I tried getting back to play for almost 30 minutes. And when i manage to get through, i was being attacked by someone. I lost 31 crowns from that attack! IT is not fair!!!!!!!

Rheign
11-15-13, 07:04 AM
I was attacked by MYSTICAL of DUSK clan! I want those crowns back! 31 of it! I was attacked while system maintenance is on going! THIS IS NOT FAIR! I WORKED SO FOR THOSE CROWNS AND IT IS NOT EASY FINDING SUCH!!!!!!!!

mazomal
11-15-13, 07:05 AM
Are you able to get back on? I've deleted and reinstalled and restarted my phone multiple times but still won't load D:

Rheign
11-15-13, 07:18 AM
I have managed to get back on...i have uninstall and reinstall 5x. But like i have said, by the time i get back on i was being attacked...and lost

dailygamer
11-15-13, 08:51 AM
I believe you had 2 crashes today, the second of which does not seem to have ended even after several hours.

During the first one referred to by all the above parties, I experienced the exact same difficulty encountered by these people. I simply could not get into the game despite trying repeatedly. By "repeatedly", I mean every 30 secs.

When I eventually got in, the first message that greeted me was that I was being attacked. How is this possible when I could not get into the game ???

I can't even give you the details of that attack and defeat because I am currently enjoying your second and longer crash.

melanthia
11-15-13, 09:49 AM
I believe you had 2 crashes today, the second of which does not seem to have ended even after several hours.

During the first one referred to by all the above parties, I experienced the exact same difficulty encountered by these people. I simply could not get into the game despite trying repeatedly. By "repeatedly", I mean every 30 secs.

When I eventually got in, the first message that greeted me was that I was being attacked. How is this possible when I could not get into the game ???

I can't even give you the details of that attack and defeat because I am currently enjoying your second and longer crash.

in my case i got a screen message on my iphone i got attacked BUT STILL CANNOT LOGIN... jesus.. this is joke...!!

mrslugo
11-15-13, 08:22 PM
R u kidding me I just got attacked too while the system was in maintenance I lost 17 crowns this isn't fair can I plz get it back

mrslugo
11-15-13, 08:23 PM
It's hard enough to get the crowns bcuz 99% of kingdoms I pass has 0 crowns to win

mybaby1977
11-15-13, 08:23 PM
Why was it only affecting me? Is firemocha logging into my account? My clan members were playing including 2 in my house yet I was the only person getting the System Maintenance message. People were chatting actively on global chat per my clam mate as if nothing was wrong. I even hard reboot the ipad and reinstalled Kingdom Crash. I also checked Dragon Story, Farm Story 2, City Story...none were down except this firemocha game. Then just as soon as I get back in after 10 minutes of retrying, I was attacked "12 seconds ago". This is an unfair system maintenance if it only affects a few people. You make us sitting ducks! Just when I thought the game was stabilizing and I'm ready to start spending real money, there's always a reason to put the plastic away.

mybaby1977
11-15-13, 08:25 PM
Wow, I just posted my own thread after not seeing this one. I was attacked too, 12 seconds before I was able to reconnect! My clan mates and other people in global chat were still very active as if nothing was wrong. Why is this only affecting some people? It's totally unfair!

hounds66
11-16-13, 12:51 AM
Im being attacked now and cant log in due to maintenance what is going on 3 times today its happened

hounds66
11-16-13, 01:23 AM
Was attacked 3 times lost 13 crowns and 4 mil spellstones

jacobvanbourne
11-16-13, 01:34 AM
Add another complaint to this list. I was saving 6m coins for my RH9 upgrade. Literally seconds before I made the purchase it went into maintenance mode. I literally kept pushing 'continue' until it finally loaded 10+ minutes later. In that time I was attacked 4 times. I won 3 and lost the last. But I also lost over 700,000 coins in those attacks and 20 Crowns. Now I either use gems or lose my shield to go spend another 2 hours winning back coins. Oh, and then to get hit again while I sleep and lose more crowns to a level 71. Awesome.

Teepoettchen
11-16-13, 02:48 AM
I can't' log in and I lost 21 crowns. I want them back this isn't fair.

Adjie8
11-16-13, 04:17 AM
Similar with me ... I got several attacks during maintenance. Were there hacker doing this ****s ?

Adjie8
11-16-13, 04:18 AM
I can't' log in and I lost 21 crowns. I want them back this isn't fair.

YUp. Similar with me. I lost some crowns almost 100

Teepoettchen
11-16-13, 07:24 AM
It's happened a Second Time. Sorry You can't only earn Money and this Game doesn't Work. I have lost 59 crowns and I wan't them back ��

goddessnikole
11-16-13, 07:27 AM
Oh I guess I'm not the only one then that's good to know.

goddessnikole
11-16-13, 07:30 AM
I did too mybaby1977. Good to know I'm not crazy! Can't believe the bugs going on they are becoming too many to count.

Wow, I just posted my own thread after not seeing this one. I was attacked too, 12 seconds before I was able to reconnect! My clan mates and other people in global chat were still very active as if nothing was wrong. Why is this only affecting some people? It's totally unfair!

mybaby1977
11-16-13, 07:39 AM
I've now been attacked 3 times during this selective "maintenance". How hard is it to make it so if one stinking server is having problems, no one can attack each other? Is this game developed in like COBOL?

mybaby1977
11-16-13, 07:44 AM
Just great, I removed my shield to go battle and 2 seconds later "The system is currently in maintenance and it will never be back...". This happened at a battle screen so I'm sure I'll lose 40 crowns for not attacking.

goddessnikole
11-16-13, 07:45 AM
This doesn't make sense, I was attacked while ONLINE.... That attack resulted in a shield. Then my system crashes and says I was under maintenance. Now I'm attacked again 4 times in the last 20 minutes. Two wins two losses. One 10 minutes ago for 11 crowns the other for 20 crowns 5 minutes ago. Your gonna have to explain this one to me like I'm four. If the 10m ago person won shouldn't that have shielded me? Instead I'm attacked again? Furthermore what happened to the shield I received for the person who attacked me while I was online? BTW I was trying to post here during the last 20 minutes and this site was also DOWN

mybaby1977
11-16-13, 07:51 AM
It's all my fault, goddessnikole. Everytime I have a really good day (2 days ago) the system does everything it can to make me lose the crowns I've gained. I'm going to hope someone attacks me during the maintenance that is happening again RIGHT NOW and ride out the shield - funny though, my two clan members living in the same house are still playing and attacking people. This player named System Maintenance is simply kicking my rear.

mybaby1977
11-16-13, 07:52 AM
Hey hey, just as I finished typing the last message I lost 27 crowns during the last maintenance a minute ago. Wonderful game, just wonderful, and not a word yet from firemocha.

mybaby1977
11-16-13, 08:12 AM
The surprises don't stop coming, I have new attacks in my log that says I was attacked twice during the last maintenance. How is that possible when when loss should have shielded me? Lost 27 crowns 22 minutes ago and 30 crowns 27 minutes ago all while I was trying to log back in.

goddessnikole
11-16-13, 08:45 AM
Well mybaby guess we are the players of the month and they wanted to acknowledge us for our dedication...... I noticed the system does that as well...

The surprises don't stop coming, I have new attacks in my log that says I was attacked twice during the last maintenance. How is that possible when when loss should have shielded me? Lost 27 crowns 22 minutes ago and 30 crowns 27 minutes ago all while I was trying to log back in.

DrSmoochiepoo
11-16-13, 10:29 AM
I have been unable to even get back in my game to see the damage. It has stopped saying system maintenance and just says no internet. Everything else on my phone is working fine.

crusader7
11-16-13, 11:30 AM
All the Storm8 games are lagging like hell. It looks like a DDoS to me.

Teepoettchen
11-16-13, 11:51 AM
And it's happened again. All in all I lost 73 crowns and FireMocha doesn't say anything about this Problem. :mad:

tarzfrmarz
11-16-13, 02:07 PM
Is this my van from brawlersunited? I'm having the same problem

heidisthebest
11-16-13, 05:39 PM
KC is being hacked. Everyone lost 31crowns by different people including me. Noonz from Black Defence attacked me during maintenance. And i think he is a hacker. He have 225 armies while his armor post can only handle 190.

syllrag
11-16-13, 06:03 PM
KC is being hacked. Everyone lost 31crowns by different people including me. Noonz from Black Defence attacked me during maintenance. And i think he is a hacker. He have 225 armies while his armor post can only handle 190.

I have taken a look at his base. Three lv7 army posts and one lv8 post, those could hold 225 troops. Can you please do a recheck BRATZ? Thanks.

dailygamer
11-16-13, 07:16 PM
I have been unable to even get back in my game to see the damage. It has stopped saying system maintenance and just says no internet. Everything else on my phone is working fine.

DrSmoochiepoo, this happened to me during the second of two crashes two days ago. I waited overnight till yesterday morning. Then it dawned on me that I should perhaps try deleting the game and re-installing it (notwithstanding that I had already done the forced update). It worked.

But when I got in, great news greeted me. I had been attacked while I had no access to the game. Donated 15 crowns, 103k coins and 345k spellstones.

During the first of those two crashes, I dropped everything and repeatedly pressed "Continue". When that failed, I tried force-closing and re-opening the app. Didn't work either. When I was finally able to get back in, I was so pleased to learn that I had been relieved of 14 crowns, 30k coins and 413k spellstones.

I believe there was yet another crash or "unscheduled System Maintenance" about 12-13 hours ago that people in the latter part of this thread are complaining about. Tried everything. Simply could not get back in. Yanked out over 50 strands of hair. That didn't work either. When I eventually got back in, hurrah ! Donated 21 crowns, 56k coins and 252k spellstones.

Bearing in mind the ridiculous frequency at which system crashes are occurring, here's a comprehensive 3-part solution for Frozen Turtle or any other rep who cares to listen :

(1) If there is an "unscheduled System Maintenance", make sure EVERYONE has no access to the game cos some people clearly still do.

(2) When the "unscheduled System Maintenance" is completed, give a notification that the "unscheduled System Maintenance" has indeed ended and that we are able to access the game again BUT no attacks are possible for, say, 10 mins to half an hour. After all, not all of us have the time to keep checking our devices having tried to get back in for the hundredth time.

(3) A countdown timer and / or further notification closer to the expiry of the non-attack mode would be equally appreciated.

I believe these 3 proposals will eliminate once and for all the problems cited in this thread. And is there any chance for me to get back my 50 crowns, 189k coins and 1.01 mil spellstones ???

heidisthebest
11-16-13, 10:31 PM
Everyday new problems arises! I am currently exoeriencing under maintenance again and notification informed me my base was attaked. This is beggining to sound creepy. I am attaching notifications and upon writting this 2 more notifications came i was being attacked multiple times too. I dont know what to say anymore. I dont even know if i will be able to get those crowns aback. Coz wether high lvl or low attacks while maintenance they keep winning. I got attacked so many times during maintenance in a soan of secs one attack after another. When will this gonna end? 11319113201131911321

heidisthebest
11-16-13, 10:35 PM
Everyday new problems arises! I am currently exoeriencing under maintenance again and notification informed me my base was attaked. This is beggining to sound creepy. I am attaching notifications and upon writting this 2 more notifications came i was being attacked multiple times too. I dont know what to say anymore. I dont even know if i will be able to get those crowns aback. Coz wether high lvl or low attacks while maintenance they keep winning. I got attacked so many times during maintenance in a soan of secs one attack after another. When will this gonna end? 11319113201131911321

And this is what you get for experiencing maintenance lol 1132211323

Adjie8
11-16-13, 11:26 PM
DrSmoochiepoo, this happened to me during the second of two crashes two days ago. I waited overnight till yesterday morning. Then it dawned on me that I should perhaps try deleting the game and re-installing it (notwithstanding that I had already done the forced update). It worked.

But when I got in, great news greeted me. I had been attacked while I had no access to the game. Donated 15 crowns, 103k coins and 345k spellstones.

During the first of those two crashes, I dropped everything and repeatedly pressed "Continue". When that failed, I tried force-closing and re-opening the app. Didn't work either. When I was finally able to get back in, I was so pleased to learn that I had been relieved of 14 crowns, 30k coins and 413k spellstones.

I believe there was yet another crash or "unscheduled System Maintenance" about 12-13 hours ago that people in the latter part of this thread are complaining about. Tried everything. Simply could not get back in. Yanked out over 50 strands of hair. That didn't work either. When I eventually got back in, hurrah ! Donated 21 crowns, 56k coins and 252k spellstones.

Bearing in mind the ridiculous frequency at which system crashes are occurring, here's a comprehensive 3-part solution for Frozen Turtle or any other rep who cares to listen :

(1) If there is an "unscheduled System Maintenance", make sure EVERYONE has no access to the game cos some people clearly still do.

(2) When the "unscheduled System Maintenance" is completed, give a notification that the "unscheduled System Maintenance" has indeed ended and that we are able to access the game again BUT no attacks are possible for, say, 10 mins to half an hour. After all, not all of us have the time to keep checking our devices having tried to get back in for the hundredth time.

(3) A countdown timer and / or further notification closer to the expiry of the non-attack mode would be equally appreciated.

I believe these 3 proposals will eliminate once and for all the problems cited in this thread. And is there any chance for me to get back my 50 crowns, 189k coins and 1.01 mil spellstones ???

I think we need a clearly statement from storm8 or firemoca what's going on here ...

Adjie8
11-16-13, 11:29 PM
Yup. Similar with me. I got several attacks during maintenance and when I tried to log on the game could not connect to the internet while the others Storm 8 games run normally

gandalf72
11-16-13, 11:46 PM
This just happened to me and that's bunk! Some guy named sir laughs a lot attacked me while I couldn't stay online because of maintenance!!! -30 �� . Bunk bunk bunk!!!

mybaby1977
11-17-13, 12:05 AM
Guess what? 5 minutes ago, another system maintenance message and another raid on me. Had to reinstall for the 11th time today. Great game Firemocha, just the best. How's your vacation going?

syllrag
11-17-13, 12:31 AM
I don't think they care about this game anymore. If you look on the app store, KC is no longer listed in the top 100 grossing apps. It is no longer profitable. They probably gonna drop this game like their other games...

popeepopee
11-17-13, 03:34 AM
got attacked while in maintenance too. http://i.imgur.com/9qKRaM0.png

resources lost due to http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59094-Sudden-disappearance-of-Crowns-resources-and-troops has not been restored and yet the mod told us not to worry. what is fm doing?

skyfricx
11-17-13, 04:02 AM
It is so interesting that there is still no reply regarding this matter.. Atleast show that you care even that you dont, like you guys always do..

NiOiEiL9
11-17-13, 07:08 AM
Please fix this! I now have lost ANOTHER 23 Crowns, (55 total) 157257 coins, and 1393595 stones WHILE you had me kicked off line for "maintenance" again! Third time in a 24 hour period! I expect to have these stolen items returned to me...in addition to the 22crowns I emailed you about earlier!

flowless
11-17-13, 08:10 AM
Ok if I need to do maintence do it on all players

This way we won't be attacked while we r forced to be logged off

Now I have million coins and 3.4 million blue and many crowns
Mad I think Iam gonna suffer another huge loss

Adjie8
11-17-13, 08:29 AM
I got lost 165 crowns, 669661 coins, and 1822636 spellstones during that error

Fishbait17
11-17-13, 08:33 AM
Has happened to me twice in the past 9 hours, causing more than a million lost and over a dozen crowns. This morning was the worst, I emptied my barracks queues, exposing all of my spellstone, and then broke shield to attack - never even got my first attack option before it went down, and was attacked immediately. For God's sake FM, fix your bugs!!!

Adding insult to injury, this website sucks as well, giving me timeouts when trying to post this reply!!!

jacobvanbourne
11-17-13, 09:20 AM
1. It's the weekend, so we won't hear from FireMocha. (although Storm8 should have somebody on call for this kind of stuff)
2. These could be a Denial of Service attack and they don't want to publicly state it.
3. There could be massive server failures that they can't get under control.

In other words, this may likely not be planned at all and it is the weekend so we aren't hearing anything. Monday morning is going to have a lot of emails in their inboxes.

sand
11-17-13, 09:28 AM
Anyway, as horrible as it is to be attacked while "maintenance" is in progress or during any offline period that you didn't actually intend, such as the recent rash of game crashes and failure to recognize our internet connections, don't expect FireMocha to refund crowns and resources lost. As far as they are concerned, it's no different from what would happen if you logged off normally.
Of course, there's something inherently wrong with system maintenance periods that allows some players to continue playing while others are shut out, or keeps some players shut out long after the maintenance is supposedly over. I myself have lost battles during such periods and was infuriated only because I normally WOULD have been online had the maintenance, crash or internet issue not kicked me off with my resources exposed.
Keep in mind that even if they agreed to refund you resources and crowns, they may do so at a time that's least convenient to you. Getting a significant amount of resources and crowns dumped onto your account while you're offline could not only make you a more desirable target, but also offer your base to more powerful players. You may end up losing it all over again before you can even log in to see it; your loss could be possibly even greater than the original raids you complained about. LOL - Be careful what you ask for.
Gems lost in this process? Well, that's another matter.

Adjie8
11-17-13, 11:06 AM
A player named Bohemia from Least Resistance attack me two minutes ago when I got maintenance message.

RoccoDunbar
11-17-13, 11:28 AM
Level 8 holds 60, Level 7 holds 55, that equals 225 troops. Its simple math.

goddessnikole
11-17-13, 12:34 PM
I'm sure had you not been booted Bohemia would not have attacked you. Let's yell at FM some more....
A player named Bohemia from Least Resistance attack me two minutes ago when I got maintenance message.

goddessnikole
11-17-13, 04:08 PM
So any word from the Mods what if anything is going to be done?

Adjie8
11-17-13, 10:26 PM
I really don't understand with a player named Maturity from Devils Advocate. He got 2k crowns with low protection level and had a basic royal hall.

Adjie8
11-17-13, 11:06 PM
I got message Maintenance and Internet Connection problems. Again and again ....

TrotUA
11-17-13, 11:13 PM
I have also been affected by this badly and lost over 150 crowns, millions of coins, and countless stones.

I am level 40 with a high number of crowns for my level, so my base isn't strong enough to stop any attacks and I rely heavily on staying online to prevent attacks. Now it won't let me stay online long enough to even regain the crowns I'm losing, so I am force to quit playing this game.

It seems like all storm8 games are lagging, and since some players remain online I suspect that one or more servers in storm8's server cluster are crashing and rebooting over and over. Those people connected to a server that doesn't crash get to stay online, so just the unlucky people connected to the crashing server get booted. Could be innocent server problems, could be a DoS attack who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if a good hacker is pissed off with storm8 given their history of business practices (ie: taking thousands of dollars from someone and then abandoning games to *****ers)

Storm8 please do let us know when your servers are 100% functional again so that we who have quit playing can start playing again if we so choose

Adjie8
11-17-13, 11:17 PM
I got message maintenance and 3 minutes ago i got an attack from Zazquatch from Itzcoat ! Alliance. Please eradicate the bugs which someone attacking a current player with an maintenance or Internet Connection Problem message

syllrag
11-18-13, 07:15 AM
So any word from the Mods what if anything is going to be done?

Not yet. Need confirmation whether the dev has abandoned this game or not.

mybaby1977
11-18-13, 08:35 AM
My girlfriend received the System Maintenance message at the end of a fight early this morning, then it switched to the "game requires an internet connection" message. She did not get the crowns that she won (22 crowns) and then 4 minutes later she lost a defensive while the system was "undergoing maintenance". Her losses were 59 crowns combined from these two battles and alot of resources that she was saving up for upgrades. She just quit and left our alliance without saying goodbye :(

syllrag
11-18-13, 09:10 AM
My girlfriend received the System Maintenance message at the end of a fight early this morning, then it switched to the "game requires an internet connection" message. She did not get the crowns that she won (22 crowns) and then 4 minutes later she lost a defensive while the system was "undergoing maintenance". Her losses were 59 crowns combined from these two battles and alot of resources that she was saving up for upgrades. She just quit and left our alliance without saying goodbye :(

Sorry to hear that. Maybe we can start an "iQuit" thread here. Or maybe the dev would be the first to start LOL.

nicovic
11-18-13, 11:13 AM
i just got shut out of servers, told that there is a maintenance . BUT GOT ATTACKED NOTIFICATIONS FROM 2 GUYS! what in the world is going on?

nicovic
11-18-13, 11:39 AM
i deleted the entire app and re-downloaded and guess what. got robbed of more than 2M

mybaby1977
11-18-13, 11:47 AM
During a spurt-of-the-moment system maintenance last week, I was attacked twice in 6 minutes. No shields awarded for my loss.

syllrag
11-18-13, 07:02 PM
The weirdest thing about this is that no one from FM has addressed this issue yet. No apology, no explanation or whatever

syllrag
11-18-13, 07:06 PM
Where is the old FM style that they were aware of the issue and currently investigating the issue message

Claytongordon
11-18-13, 07:35 PM
This maintenance is one of the most unfair and annoying things to come from this game apart from the amount of hackers. My alliance has be inundated by maintenance issues and we have all lost in excess of 100 crowns in three days. It is a shame that there seems to be no justice and no interest from FM to rectify the issue an restore the crowns resources ect. I have sent e mails as have my alliance members and have been told that there is no problem and that we would not be returned crowns ect. I have had players delete a quit the game in frustration and that inpacts on the moral of the alliance.
So in short it should be addressed and if maintenance is to occur players should automatically recieve a shield.

dailygamer
11-18-13, 08:19 PM

Frozen Turtle, can you reply on all the system crashes which are inaccurately and misleadingly termed "System Maintenance" ? Also, please consider my proposals.

mybaby1977
11-18-13, 09:56 PM
Another clan mate just got the system maintenance message. After 8 minutes of trying to get back in, she lost 20 crowns and hundreds of thousands of resources. Another one could leave the game. Why are the game makers so silent on this issue?

syllrag
11-18-13, 11:48 PM
Because they want to do a hit and run.

syllrag
11-18-13, 11:50 PM
They want to score big gems by increasing the building and upgrade times, then get rid of you with maintenance...

syllrag
11-18-13, 11:51 PM
Then they close the game

mybaby1977
11-19-13, 02:37 AM
Firemocha, it is time to break your silence on this issue and come clean. The "system maintenance" issue which just hit me again for the 9th time in 4 days, is fully intentional. Why else would it not let me back into the game for up to 15 minutes until right after I get attacked, just about every time?? Look at my screenshots and see how your "system maintenance" always seems to end just seconds after an attack. In every case, I reinstalled and then repeatedly hit the retry button as fast as I could for minutes until I am finally allowed into the game to the welcome message that says "you were attacked". Come clean, it's becoming very clear you have something to hide. People are quitting, people are blaming each other, time to break your silence and take the blame.

mybaby1977
11-19-13, 02:42 AM
Let's try the attachment again.
http://i44.tinypic.com/2rhl6dg.jpg

syllrag
11-19-13, 03:04 AM
That's a huge coins lost over there. I would have quit if I were you.

mybaby1977
11-19-13, 03:16 AM
That's just it syllrag, my alliance plays very long hours to save up for the big upgrades like the new 9million stone portal and then BAM! we lose hours of work to some bogus maintenance that only affects one person at a time. I would have quit had I spent money on the game but both times I was ready to purchase gems, firemocha messed things up just in the nick of time to save my wallet. We have spent real cash on Dragon Story and the old Restaurant Story but that has halted since the Firemocha fiascos started.

FrozenTurtle
11-19-13, 12:43 PM
Hey everyone, I've talked with the team and we recently added a feature to encourage battling amongst our higher ranked players. We all know our loyal soldiers need time to eat and rest. So if we notice you've been logged in for a really long time, we'll give your soldiers a break with a quick meal, hot shower, and some hay to rest their heads on.

Unfortunately, the recent messaging has not been very accurate and I've asked the team to make changes to distinguish between this and actual maintenance. I hope that clarifies this issue for everyone. Our intention was not to make things unfair for anyone, but more to encourage battles amongst the very elite in the game.

As always, we do want to hear your feedback. The first of which, can you let us know how long you had your game active before you received this messaging? Please let us know! :)

jahil
11-19-13, 06:01 PM
hey everyone, i've talked with the team and we recently added a feature to encourage battling amongst our higher ranked players. We all know our loyal soldiers need time to eat and rest. So if we notice you've been logged in for a really long time, we'll give your soldiers a break with a quick meal, hot shower, and some hay to rest their heads on.

Unfortunately, the recent messaging has not been very accurate and i've asked the team to make changes to distinguish between this and actual maintenance. I hope that clarifies this issue for everyone. Our intention was not to make things unfair for anyone, but more to encourage battles amongst the very elite in the game.

As always, we do want to hear your feedback. The first of which, can you let us know how long you had your game active before you received this messaging? Please let us know! :)

what????? Is that a joke??????

hounds66
11-19-13, 06:03 PM
You should also put some gems in the horses saddle bags! And are uou sure thats hay cause i smell something else!

hounds66
11-19-13, 06:07 PM
Every one rate this thread terrible, no offense frozen turtle we know there just passing this kinda news to you.

fmoop954
11-19-13, 06:15 PM
What is going on?!?! I have been either attacked by system hackers or booted from the game with "maintenance" issues! I've lost 75 crowns in the last 2 days alone due to being attacked while in "maintenance". This has been an issue for a while, but this past week, it's been a daily non-stop occurrence. I need this resolved as soon as possible. Please advise!

hounds66
11-19-13, 06:29 PM
Frozen Turtle what about our lost crowns during system maintenance, Im online really alot and since were now being told how to prevent crown loss, never won battle while in maint,. I'd like devs to cough up my 46o crowns lost during last 4 days, ive been going thru sys maint about 7 - 12 times before each log i. Bonus given

penqueen2
11-19-13, 07:04 PM
I was just attacked in system maintenance and lost 628,000 in gold, 110,000 spell stones, and 26 crowns. I quickly deleted the game and reinstalled, only took 2 minutes. This has got to stop!

penqueen2
11-19-13, 08:03 PM
It is happening again on my other account. How can we save up for the ridiculously expensive upgrades if we are raided at random by system maintenance. I will not spend any more money on this flawed maddening game. As I understand it, it is intentional by FM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sakurachef
11-19-13, 09:39 PM
Hey just want to let you know our own leader reported Maturity because she wasn't so sure his story was true.. Turned out he was a hacker and we kicked him. Devils Advocate won't stand for hacking or *****ing in any way Honesty is the greatest victory we are a true alliance.

syllrag
11-19-13, 09:59 PM
Hey everyone, I've talked with the team and we recently added a feature to encourage battling amongst our higher ranked players. We all know our loyal soldiers need time to eat and rest. So if we notice you've been logged in for a really long time, we'll give your soldiers a break with a quick meal, hot shower, and some hay to rest their heads on.

Unfortunately, the recent messaging has not been very accurate and I've asked the team to make changes to distinguish between this and actual maintenance. I hope that clarifies this issue for everyone. Our intention was not to make things unfair for anyone, but more to encourage battles amongst the very elite in the game.

You should do something about high lv players with low crowns first if you want to encourage battling amongst higher ranked players. I even have come across several farming alliances. High level players hiding low.

Papple_28
11-20-13, 05:05 AM

Just happened to me again... For the 3rd time this day... I tried everything to save 4.4m so I could upgrade my RH before I sleep and then bam! Maintenance and I got attacked.. I was so close of getting 4.4m but that guy took 600k+ and 31 crowns. It's so frustrating.

What you explained doesn't make sense. I appreciate that you want it to be "fair", but it's just not fair. Some people are working hard to reach a certain goal for the day hence they keep online and try to save gold for the upgrades and then those slackers will just get the chance to hit you cause they had lower crowns!? That just doesn't make sense.

Papple_28
11-20-13, 06:03 AM
If you want this game to be "balanced", the first thing you should do is remove all the hackers and *****s.. This new "feature" you're saying won't help but discouraged some players.

Papple_28
11-20-13, 06:19 AM
If you don't want us to be on for the whole day and want your "troops" to rest and do stuff, then give us a warning or timer so we could prepare (spend gold and request defensive troops) Not just kick us out from the game and let others attack us. It's a ridiculous feature..

Ps. Sorry for the multiple posts. There was no way to edit my first post.

sand
11-20-13, 06:57 AM

WHOA! Is this a joke? It's a joke, right? But you're saying that with a straight face - almost (minus the smile at the end).
Is this really promoting battles between higher-ranked players or just bumping off people who are sitting on resources so that the higher-ranked players can pillage their kingdom? YOU ARE FEEDING THEM! As if they didn't already have the unfair advantage of more buildings, cheaper upgrades and shorter build times than players who joined later. As if they were not already dropping crowns to hide from their true peers and feed on us, YOU ARE FEEDING US TO THEM! OMG!
As if you didn't raise the bar to nearly impossible levels with your recent building patch, requiring players to amass even larger amounts of resources, you, the game developers, are now conspiring to strip players of those resources. The players who are sitting on their devices for hours are the ones who are heavily raiding or waiting for a crew to become available so that they can do an expensive upgrade. Now you're telling us that you are deliberately pulling the rug out from under them and throwing them to the lions too? OMG, this is SO FOUL!
To make matters worse, you won't say HOW you're selecting players for this sacrifice. If you really wanted to give them a time-out to eat and rest, you would give them a shield while you kept them offline. So no, it's not a break -- it's a sacrifice. You are serving up these players. If you wanted to be fair, you would also give them some warning, so they could make some kind of preparation to be offline, and you would tell them how long you planned to keep them off. You won't say how long one would have to be online to become a sacrificial lamb, except that "it will be a very very long time to be playing." What the heck does that mean?
If you're being sincere, all I can say is, you need a better plan "to encourage battles amongst the very elite."

flowless
11-20-13, 07:49 AM
Well answer few question

A notification that we would be kicked off

For how long ?

And what is very very long time means ?

fmoop954
11-20-13, 08:39 AM
SERIOUSLY! This bug isn't about taking a "break"! This is the 3rd day I've logged in to remove my shield and play this game, and yet once I remove my shield, I get booted and attacked. This happens throughout the day. I have now lost 91 crowns in the past 3 days from this glitch alone! I've tried to reach out to Storm 8 numerous times regarding this issue and the only response I get is an auto-response that engineering with look into this! Really?!?!?! How many engineers do you guys have?!?!? 1?!?!?! I have spent money with you guys on this app and a few more. At least have the decency to actually reply back with an RFI or even an ETA of resolving this matter! Enough is enough!

bubblesx
11-20-13, 08:52 AM
As always, we do want to hear your feedback.

You want to hear the feedback so you can do the exact opposite of what we are asking? Really.

mybaby1977
11-20-13, 09:31 AM
Take a break from the game, are you serious Firemocha? I'll take a permanent break just like a few paying clan members I know of. All this does is allows people like me (who play hours and hours per day because I can) to be attacked while we are still playing! Don't you want us to play long hours? And the nonsense about higher level players being forced to battle is a poor excuse. Look at all the top players, they are the ones doing the farming once the system maintenance window opens up a lower level player's base. Very few of us will attack high levels, but they will most certainly farm the lower level players now that Firemocha has given them the opportunity during "system maintenance". This is not balanced, it allows the higher level to get higher while the rest of us remain low as we try to save coins and gold. Oh, and a fellow alliance member yesterday was kicked out while rearranging their base...nice work!

sand
11-20-13, 09:50 AM
Player is horsing around in Global Chat while training troops:
"My liege, you have been here for a very very long time. Please take a moment to get your affairs in order and prepare for a short leave of absence."
[10-minute countdown begins. Image appears of our knight with that musing expression she wears with her hand to her chin.]
Player attempts to log back on shortly afterward:
"My liege, you have not been gone long enough. Please take this opportunity to shower and eat something that doesn't come in a wrapper."
[Image appears of our knight with that snarly scowl on her face like something smells bad.]

goddessnikole
11-20-13, 10:15 AM
You know, I liked to think you were just the messenger. What a ridiculous response to addressing the issues all of us have been having with the game. Half of your so called "elite" players do not play. If you only want certain people to play then why not make this a private game for certain type of players only....... I want some of whatever your having to eat, drink, and shower with because IT must be good!

donger2k
11-20-13, 10:41 AM
FrozenTurtle - I really hope that you're listening to your customers. The people actually posting on the boards are an extremely small percentage of actual players. There are many, MANY complaints about this problem.

A few minutes ago, I was kicked out of the system and lost another 200k coins. 45 minutes of my (VERY SCARCE) playing time was just wasted due to this issue. Several players in my clan (including me) are really considering holding off/quitting while this issue continues.

What I'm kindly requesting is the following:

1) A clear answer on what is happening here - is this a bug? Server Issue? Gameplay by Design?

2) If it is by design, we need to understand that design. "A long time" does not cut it; I was online for ABOUT AN HOUR today and I got booted. Is there a randomizing factor that is not working correctly?

3) If there are gaps (or improvements to be made) in the design, we need an ETA regarding the implementation date.

I've played several TeamLava games over the year. Unfortunately, with this particular game, change control & communication are extremely lacking. That's unfortunate, since this is considered a 'competitive' game.

Thanks,

Donger

FrozenTurtle
11-20-13, 11:50 AM
FrozenTurtle - I really hope that you're listening to your customers. The people actually posting on the boards are an extremely small percentage of actual players. There are many, MANY complaints about this problem.

A few minutes ago, I was kicked out of the system and lost another 200k coins. 45 minutes of my (VERY SCARCE) playing time was just wasted due to this issue. Several players in my clan (including me) are really considering holding off/quitting while this issue continues.

What I'm kindly requesting is the following:

1) A clear answer on what is happening here - is this a bug? Server Issue? Gameplay by Design?

2) If it is by design, we need to understand that design. "A long time" does not cut it; I was online for ABOUT AN HOUR today and I got booted. Is there a randomizing factor that is not working correctly?

3) If there are gaps (or improvements to be made) in the design, we need an ETA regarding the implementation date.

I've played several TeamLava games over the year. Unfortunately, with this particular game, change control & communication are extremely lacking. That's unfortunate, since this is considered a 'competitive' game.

Thanks,

Donger

This is by design, but this should not be affecting you if you were only playing for an hour. When you began playing, did the game start at the splash screen or do you remember seeing the "Loading" dialog?

For everyone else, we really want to know how long you are playing before you receive this messaging. In order to keep your feedback constructive, this information is vital to us. Please let us know! :)

sand
11-20-13, 12:01 PM
This is by design, but this should not be affecting you if you were only playing for an hour. When you began playing, did the game start at the splash screen or do you remember seeing the "Loading" dialog?

For everyone else, we really want to know how long you are playing before you receive this messaging. In order to keep your feedback constructive, this information is vital to us. Please let us know! :)

Okay, Turtle, but help us out here. What message are we SUPPOSED to be seeing if we are getting bounced or have been bounced? The old maintenance message? Some other new message?

sand
11-20-13, 12:06 PM
Anyway, as horrible as it is to be attacked while "maintenance" is in progress or during any offline period that you didn't actually intend, such as the recent rash of game crashes and failure to recognize our internet connections, don't expect FireMocha to refund crowns and resources lost. As far as they are concerned, it's no different from what would happen if you logged off normally.
Of course, there's something inherently wrong with system maintenance periods that allows some players to continue playing while others are shut out, or keeps some players shut out long after the maintenance is supposedly over. I myself have lost battles during such periods and was infuriated only because I normally WOULD have been online had the maintenance, crash or internet issue not kicked me off with my resources exposed.
Keep in mind that even if they agreed to refund you resources and crowns, they may do so at a time that's least convenient to you. Getting a significant amount of resources and crowns dumped onto your account while you're offline could not only make you a more desirable target, but also offer your base to more powerful players. You may end up losing it all over again before you can even log in to see it; your loss could be possibly even greater than the original raids you complained about. LOL - Be careful what you ask for.
Gems lost in this process? Well, that's another matter.

As it turns out, they have a way to refund you without dumping the resources into your vaults (which, come to think of it, could be full).

Sweet! The crowns are already credited, but not the resources. Rather than being automatically adding to the vault balance, they appear in the Inbox down under the ALLIANCE INVITES in a section titled BUNDLE ITEMS. The spellstone and coins show up as separate bundles with a USE button. Very neat. Looks like I get to choose when I want to use it. A mini-bank!
I have no idea which attack was the "unfair attack" because of course they don't disclose that.

donger2k
11-20-13, 01:16 PM
FrozenTurtle - thanks alot for replying. You definitely have a hard job here, and the timely response is appreciated.

My assumption here is that the devs have something in the works that will close the design gap and enforce fairness. I think we all agree that at a minimum, we should have some warning before being kicked.

The goal here is to avoid alienating the hardworking honest players, while styming the *****ers/macroers. All competitive online games have the same challenges, and long-time/sophisticated players understand this challenge. The *change communication* has some room for improvement; the implementation of unannounced features (and downstream bugs) usually ticks off the folks.

=========

You had a specific question regarding my situation (kickout after one hour). I'll try as best I can to provide replication steps; be aware that my memory may be hazy from last night (heh)

1) Reinstalled game last night @ 10:30PM EST (separate issue re:why I needed a reinstall, but I need more details before I report it as a bug)
2) Kept game on while I was playing, probably stopped at around 12AM EST (midnight) today. I did NOT cleanly/force logout, and I did NOT shutdown phone.
3) Woke up with a shield and a hangover
4) Started battles again at around 8AM EST
5) Checked emails for about 30m at around 10:30AM, kept phone and app open (ie. did not shutdown/close). Apparently hit the 'normal' timeout, and I got attacked twice (and won!) during that time
6) Reconnected session, started playing for about an hour
7) Got kicked with the system maintenance message at around 12:15PM EST (60-75 minutes to my recollection)

So, to answer your specific question, I don't recall going back to the splash screen; this makes sense because I didn't actually force close the app.

Some other information:
a) LTE connection the entire time. Don't have any reason to suspect that there was a connection break (I didn't move from the desk.)
b) Auto-Lock on IPhone 5 is set to 'never'. Yep, the battery dies in about 70 minutes.
c) I don't recall pressing the home button, and I did not get a phone call during that time

Hope this helps. I realize that it's not easy to test this stuff without mucking around with timers in tst environments...if I can get more details (or can reliably repeat), I'll post them.

Thanks,

Donger
Clan "No Worries" << check us out, we are a fun group of great players!

fmoop954
11-20-13, 01:59 PM

If you read my previous post, this happened as I've logged into the game for this first time in the morning with 0 playtime.

gs300h
11-20-13, 02:16 PM
It's just happen 10mins ago, still under shields, then came maintenance again( I've been met many many times). I've 2 acc. Play in same times, one maintenance , one not, I think it's really *****, totally UNFAIR, DO SOMETHING !!

mybaby1977
11-20-13, 03:54 PM
It has happened to me when logged in for 1 hour, 3 hours, but most often after 6 hours. I play for 8-12 hours on some days and have gotten the message 2 - 3 times in a single day. There have been a few instances where I was logged in for just a few minutes (just turned on ipad), kicked out for "maintenance", and then not allowed back in until after I am attacked.

Adjie8
11-20-13, 08:18 PM
It has happened to me when logged in for 1 hour, 3 hours, but most often after 6 hours. I play for 8-12 hours on some days and have gotten the message 2 - 3 times in a single day. There have been a few instances where I was logged in for just a few minutes (just turned on ipad), kicked out for "maintenance", and then not allowed back in until after I am attacked.

Similar with me :))

magleston
11-21-13, 02:08 AM
I was annoyed by the random maintenance and getting attacked. Then I noticed that whenever I logged in and dropped shields I would get attacked. Then I get a message about being logged in for over 12 hours (which I was) and that I should take a break for 20 minutes. I have no real issue with this but then I was attacked within 10 minutes!!! Whether there are bugs or you're trying to thwart *****ers, can there be some sort of temp shield for the rest of us? I really like this game (so much so I've spent money). Can you fix this?

Adjie8
11-21-13, 02:40 AM
I was very bored with armies stupidity and with the bugs

mybaby1977
11-21-13, 06:41 AM
I was annoyed by the random maintenance and getting attacked. Then I noticed that whenever I logged in and dropped shields I would get attacked.
This has also happened to me before. Enter game, debate should I break shield from last sysmaint..don't break shield..break shield..don't break..fine BREAK SHIELD, quickly tap attack button, beautiful wooden curtain drops..tick tick tick.."Sorry, system maintenance!!" The only reason I do not want to bail yet on this game is for my alliance members because I am the most active player and donor.

hounds66
11-21-13, 07:49 AM
My match ups this am are with low levels 13th 19th 22nd have screenshots but i get booted when trying to upload. Yesterday i was matched up wuth 68th at 0 / 40, im 62nd 2100+ crowns.

NiOiEiL9
11-21-13, 01:51 PM

That answer is just BS! I would never have spent a dime, much less the $100's of dollars if I new the game was rigged against me! *To have me spend my hard earned dollars to get ahead, just to let someone take the hard fraught crowns away when I could not defend myself, is JUST TOO MUCH FOR ME TO TAKE! I will not spend another dime on ANY Storm8 games! *Look up my StormID (NiOiEiL9)....you will see over the past two years, I have spent close to $1000 dollars! NOT ANOTHER PENNY!*

jacobvanbourne
11-21-13, 03:11 PM
"The first of which, can you let us know how long you had your game active before you received this messaging?"

If the system doesn't know how long we've been active, then how does the system know we need a break and to kick us off?

Frozen, you've been a real good guy on the forum, and we are grateful for the info we do get. But... this seems a smoke screen request to buy FM time, something to make us think the FM devs really want to know the answer to. Either that or the 'break' really is randomized. If the devs are programming 'breaks', then the devs should know the answer already.

Several other observations:
1) I've been redesigning my base when this occurred. No warning and a wide open base.
2) Please, please, please tell us how long is too long for your purposes so we can plan better. Some of us are saving 4m + coins to make purchases.
3) Please tell us how long we have to be 'offline' for to count as a voluntary break. Is the splash screen what we need to see ultimately for a restart on the clock?
4) And junk, I just realized why FM is doing this. They want us to buy shields prior to the 'break' that may be coming to protect our resources.
5) Please, please, please ask the devs to communicate with you Frozen prior to pushing the 'execute' button on major changes like this. Could really avoid driving many users away. I hate that we have to appear like jerks just to pull information from FM. If this was a totally free app, fine, mess with it. But it isn't.

Lastly, is it possible that the reason FM is having to create new game tweaks to promote battles among the elite is because:
1) The consistent game tweaks, hackers, etc are driving players away, so there are less players to get to the top.
2) The longer promotion & upgrading times are keeping players from reaching the elite players, so they have less players to fight.

Thanks for your time Frozen. We really are trying to all get along. It's getting harder.

(You know whats funny, when I went to 'post' this comment, my login on the forum had timed-out without warning. Guess it thought I needed a break. I had to refresh and repost. Good thing I know how to Command-C prior to posting. Wish I could do that with Kingdom Crash.)

Fishbait17
11-21-13, 04:18 PM
WHOA! Is this a joke? It's a joke, right? But you're saying that with a straight face - almost (minus the smile at the end).
Is this really promoting battles between higher-ranked players or just bumping off people who are sitting on resources so that the higher-ranked players can pillage their kingdom? YOU ARE FEEDING THEM! As if they didn't already have the unfair advantage of more buildings, cheaper upgrades and shorter build times than players who joined later. As if they were not already dropping crowns to hide from their true peers and feed on us, YOU ARE FEEDING US TO THEM! OMG!
As if you didn't raise the bar to nearly impossible levels with your recent building patch, requiring players to amass even larger amounts of resources, you, the game developers, are now conspiring to strip players of those resources. The players who are sitting on their devices for hours are the ones who are heavily raiding or waiting for a crew to become available so that they can do an expensive upgrade. Now you're telling us that you are deliberately pulling the rug out from under them and throwing them to the lions too? OMG, this is SO FOUL!
To make matters worse, you won't say HOW you're selecting players for this sacrifice. If you really wanted to give them a time-out to eat and rest, you would give them a shield while you kept them offline. So no, it's not a break -- it's a sacrifice. You are serving up these players. If you wanted to be fair, you would also give them some warning, so they could make some kind of preparation to be offline, and you would tell them how long you planned to keep them off. You won't say how long one would have to be online to become a sacrificial lamb, except that "it will be a very very long time to be playing." What the heck does that mean?
If you're being sincere, all I can say is, you need a better plan "to encourage battles amongst the very elite."

Amen, Amen, Amen! I have been playing HARD to try to reach some of these elite levels, but the constant tweaking in cost and time changes for upgrades and promotions is just widening the gap and I can't catch up! And then you take me down for whatever reason to feed my precious resources and crowns TO THEM?

FWIW FrozenTurtle, I have been locked out so many times in the last 5-6 days I can't even count anymore. One or two have been after long playing times with no warning , BUT MOST HAVE BEEN WITHIN AN HOUR OF OPENING THE GAME, SOME HAVE BEEN THE INSTANT I BROKE MY SHIELD (without even being allowed to attack, just break the shield and OOPS I'm down!!!!!

donquick1974
11-21-13, 09:40 PM
The same thing is happening to me and many other players. You are Not alone. I am happy that I won though!!! LOL. Good luck gaming.