PDA

View Full Version : Some Train Orders Are Impossible, PLZ Fix!

pipipooh1977
11-14-13, 05:53 PM
TL, you really need to change what items are needed for the train, I had to discard 2 trains in a row because it wanted things from the Mine and it wanted a crafting item that needed the same rock from the Mine to make! There is no way someone can collect enough shovels & pickaxes then get enough of the same rock to be able to craft the item the train needs plus have enough of the rock by itself to fill a spot on the train too. In another popular Facebook farm game, the boat (like your train) never, EVER asks for anything from the Mine nor does it ask for jewelry or things made from the Mine rocks! This is how it should be, otherwise it is ridiculous to think player's can fill the train in time. Please fix this, and only ask for reasonable items. The train orders should be doable NOT impossible!

pipipooh1977
11-15-13, 08:00 AM
And another thing.....today my train wants 12 Lemonades and 9 Fried Catfish...both need LEMONS! If we aren't allowed to have more lemon trees than 5 how in the world do you think players are going to be able to do this? I can't find lemons for sale because players hoard them due to the fact that we don't get enough! And it's a hit and miss with the Lemonade in the paper, I can go all day w/o seeing any for sale! The trees only give you 1 or 2 per tree and each crafting item needs 2 lemons...do the math TL.....NOT POSSIBLE!!!!!! You really need to change the train orders and what it asks for!!!! This is beyond dumb!

Thebeautifi
11-15-13, 09:50 PM
I agree with you. I like the trains because I get the expansion items I need plus Gems. However, it keeps asking me for items like jewelry but I don't even have the Jewelsmith to make them. It's the same with the Deli. I can't craft Salads or Sandwiches. It makes it hard when you can't get sufficient materials i.e. Lemons and can't craft what it asks you to make.

sweetypies97
11-15-13, 10:41 PM
I had the same. 9 pieces of gold and 11 pairs of silver earrings.

sanya87
11-16-13, 05:58 AM
i agree, some changes need to be made with the train orders! asking for jewerly and rocks at the same time its really unreasonable, as well as lemons together with lemon fish and juice. please change that, anyway we dont get much rewards from the train, so at least for those 5 gems make it possible to fill those orders in requested time!

tankerslacers
11-19-13, 06:26 PM
I started a new train delivery today (which I ended up discarding - impossible to fill the orders!), but notice I only had 20 hours to fill the order instead of a day and a half. Anybody else notice this time change?

boilerfan
11-20-13, 10:30 AM
I started a new train delivery today (which I ended up discarding - impossible to fill the orders!), but notice I only had 20 hours to fill the order instead of a day and a half. Anybody else notice this time change?

Yep, they are definitely much shorter now.

kooky panda
11-20-13, 11:51 AM
ummm.. I just started a new train order and mine in 1 day and 12 hours. (level 36).

What level are you guys on?

tankerslacers
11-20-13, 04:52 PM
ummm.. I just started a new train order and mine in 1 day and 12 hours. (level 36).

I'm on level 37.

kooky panda
11-20-13, 06:24 PM
I will find out if maybe the times get shorter as you level up.

[S8] Regina
11-20-13, 07:16 PM

The Train may depart at different times.

klengenhues
11-27-13, 11:21 AM
I agree with the time. At the beginning, my train arrived at 8 in the afternoon and quit at 8 in the morning. Now it comes at 3 in the morning. When I'm sleeping !! So I loose precious time to fullfill the orders and they are not easy to manage. Last time it requested 3 different items all based on potatoes or pepperoni. It was nearly impossible. Until now I never send more than 6 items. And I do not try to make 7 or 8 because you don't get more gems for it. So I only take the 2 gems and If I'm not able to craft 6 items I discard the train.

iggychic
11-28-13, 01:01 PM
I don't even bother with the train. It wants honey and jam at the same time (like lemons we don't get enough) and then rocks and jewelry). It's like the programmers don't understand basic math. Frustrating unless you ignore it.

sweetypies97
11-28-13, 01:15 PM
All of my orders are now 20 hours too :(

My second last order didn't ask for anything with lemons! Also, no jewellery or mine rocks either, which is great. However it did ask for 11 pieces of bacon, 12 stews and 11 baked potatoes, lol. Impossible. Oh well. I discarded it. The next one wanted salad from the deli (which I don't have). I filled it to 2 gems which is better than nothing but still.

FarmerTho
12-18-13, 01:04 PM
In an ideal game world these complaints are very valid. No idea what TL goal is regarding the train but for now I think a great compromise is to be able to send off the train off when we want. That way we can fill a partial train and skip the impossible orders and get silver rewards.

I personally choose to always fill orders on every train unless I know I can't reach silver reward. The real sucky thing is having to wait for the timer to run out before it takes off. Imo, TL shouldnt make it so easy because gems have real value. I do train orders for the gems. Its like using game money to pay for gems which I think is great.

In the end as fun as it would be for FarmStory 2 to be easier to get rewards, there is no challenge in it. It would be just mindless button pushing.

As for me, how I deal with it is I buy up 10+ items of those rare items space permitting when I see them. In my perfect game world, I would have 10-15 rare items such as necklaces, earrings gold, silver,gems etc just sitting there wasting away all so I can get the fastest access to gems. It sucks but its how it is. If you dont like it I guess you can just complain or send off the train. Like I said before, imo TL shouldnt make train orders always easy for gems which makes the game easier and we can get cool items for free. =)

Its a business, they are here to make money by selling gems etc. They giving us an avenue to be able to earn these gems is very nice of them. TL is successful for a reason.

Great job TL.

Clark_Wayne
01-08-14, 10:04 PM
I'm giving my own experience. The train asked me 4 or 5 times : 28 pieces of wood and 9 wood buttons ! I have to check every time if there are woods or buttons for sale because, i never got enough saws.
Imagine : i have to collect 46 woods each time !

GameOfFarms
01-09-14, 04:30 AM
In an ideal game world these complaints are very valid. No idea what TL goal is regarding the train but for now I think a great compromise is to be able to send off the train off when we want. That way we can fill a partial train and skip the impossible orders and get silver rewards.

I personally choose to always fill orders on every train unless I know I can't reach silver reward. The real sucky thing is having to wait for the timer to run out before it takes off. Imo, TL shouldnt make it so easy because gems have real value. I do train orders for the gems. Its like using game money to pay for gems which I think is great.

In the end as fun as it would be for FarmStory 2 to be easier to get rewards, there is no challenge in it. It would be just mindless button pushing.

As for me, how I deal with it is I buy up 10+ items of those rare items space permitting when I see them. In my perfect game world, I would have 10-15 rare items such as necklaces, earrings gold, silver,gems etc just sitting there wasting away all so I can get the fastest access to gems. It sucks but its how it is. If you dont like it I guess you can just complain or send off the train. Like I said before, imo TL shouldnt make train orders always easy for gems which makes the game easier and we can get cool items for free. =)

Its a business, they are here to make money by selling gems etc. They giving us an avenue to be able to earn these gems is very nice of them. TL is successful for a reason.

Great job TL.

I'm so glad someone else the same view! A game needs to be challenging; too easy and it becomes boring quickly.
I take advantage of every train, at least get to silver. Anything I deem too much (generally the high end products) I don't bother loading, but I can still get gems, expansions, sometimes paint, saws and shovels/axes.
As you've said, the only change I would make would be the ability to send the train off when we have filled the orders as much as we're going to.

Clark_Wayne
01-09-14, 10:05 AM
I'm not complaining about the challenge. I'm complaining about the train asking always same things. It become boring then. When a game is boring, you don't want to play it anymore.

Clark_Wayne
01-11-14, 09:25 AM
Now the train is asking xmas items ! Days after they have ended ! This is not challenge this is silly ! How will i make xmas items now ?

GameOfFarms
01-12-14, 08:08 PM
Now the train is asking xmas items ! Days after they have ended ! This is not challenge this is silly ! How will i make xmas items now ?

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?63968-Train-Order-Requesting-Seasonal-Items/page5

Clark_Wayne
01-13-14, 01:03 AM
Thx for your answer, but the train is already gone a few hours ago. I will know for the next time :(