PDA

View Full Version : Show a Little Respect.

Takiofallen
11-14-13, 10:09 AM
Ok before i take off on my monthly rant let me say this. Frozen Turtle i appreciate and completely understand that you are the bridge used to close the gap between us players and the developers. You are not compensated in anyway and take time out of your personal life to do so, so thank you. With that being said you did volunteer for the job so you will have to take a few for the team.

What the heck in blathering blatherskites is going on?? I get that FM does not want to leak information before things happen, I can live with it. What makes No sense at all is not informing us of changes after they are done. This in not a TL game (team Lava) where the sudden changes made effect all but does not matter. There is no penalty "per say" because everyones affected equally.

This is a strategy game. Bigger then that this is a COMPETITION. There are rankings, tournaments with prizes, Alliance with rankings and prizes, live chat to talk smack and take people mentally out of the game, hit list and even up to the second updates because things happen so fast. So how can you make these changes, not inform us and do it in the MIDDLE of a Tournament???

Who goes on a test run in the middle of a competition?? Thats like waiting for the Super Bowl (American football) and in the middle of the 3rd quarter changing the rules. "You can no long throw the ball you can only run and the guy who runs the ball can't be the one to score." WHAT!!!!!

So go talk to your people and ask them to consider a few things.

1. Give you the information they are willing to release to us 24 hours before they update. WHY? This will give you 24 hours to prepare Patch notes or any other kind of notes so it can be given to us in a TIMELY MANNER. I think within a Minimum Of 4 hours after release of update/patches.

2. Do it IN BETWEEN Tournaments. While i'm not fighting for a top spot yet (will be very soon ;) ) no one wants to practice new strategies in the middle of a tournament. The risk is to high and crowns are to hard to come by up at the top to take a 40 crown lose just to SEE how the troops now perform.

3. Can we get a Q&A. I know it would have to be limited just allow us to submit 2 questions a week that the developers must answer. We Submit the questions and they choose the ones they want to answer.

In closing it's the minority of us here at the forum who make this game tick. If not for us reporting the problems you would not only be unaware but unable to fix them. It's our feed back that helps you to improve the game. So show us a little respect.

FrozenTurtle
11-14-13, 12:41 PM
Thanks for this feedback, Takiofallen! Let me first clarify that I am an employee at Storm8. In general, I try to share most battle related changes with you all when it happens. Remember that we do try to fix issues as soon as possible. In doing this, it is possible that there may be unintended changes or other bugs that may arise.

I understand your point about changes in the middle of Tournaments, but remember that there are Tournaments every week. While the game is still new, bug fixes and minor adjustments will be frequent and it's difficult to time the fixes to coincide them with the very start of the Tournaments. With that said, I'm happy to pass along the concerns, as I know it can be frustrating.

The Q&A idea is definitely an interesting concept. I can pass this along to gauge the team's interest in the idea. Obviously, no promises. :)

Chianti
11-14-13, 01:17 PM
The very few of us. I wish there were more ways to get people to join and interact with the forums; things would be easier that way. Nevertheless, I concur with Takio. People spend, in some cases, a significant amount of money on this game. They do so with the understanding that it will continue to be the same game they paid for. By making DRASTIC changes due to lack of QA or whatever reason, you are effectively alienating players.

Let's consider summoners. When they were first released, they were SO overpowered. It was quite literally impossible to defend against them. In many ways this was a boon for lower players, because they were able to finally defeat higher level players. Accordingly, I'm confident people spent money to buy the gems required to level up their summoners and healers to max level.

Now, summoners are literally useless. They have been nerfed to oblivion. I'm not exactly complaining, mind you, considering I (level 71) was losing to level 30+ players and losing 40 crowns each pop. However, rendering them useless alienated the players that purchased money to upgrade them. There should have been a more proper vetting process prior to releasing them, but more importantly, there should have been a more lengthy discussion prior to nerfing them to oblivion.

The developers and QA team (I HOPE you have a separate QA team) all need to interact with the forums more proactively. There are such simple things that are missing, like the ability to private message individual people (see my post in the suggestion forum). Things like that are absolutely required in a game like this which requires tactics and strategy to win. Each alliance needs to have an "alliance rules" page, where the leader can set rules that members of their alliance must conform to. These are all things that can be coded VERY simply. In fact, I even offered my services - for free. It wouldn't take more than a day to get such simple things implemented, and it would make all the difference in the world.

I'm starting to pivot, so let me get back on track. While some changes must be made immediately, like patching a hack, other changes need to be discussed, tested, vetted, and most definitely NOT implemented in the middle of a tournament; you can patch in between tournaments. Either way, I hope to see the trivial, yet essential aspects of this game (private messages being the most important) implemented sooner than later - the inbox already exists, so I don't see how difficult this can be? More important than that is finding a way to attract more people to the forums. The more people, the more feedback, the better the game becomes for everyone.

heidisthebest
11-18-13, 05:42 AM
Salute Chianti :p

nachomandeluxe
12-01-13, 09:17 PM
The very few of us. I wish there were more ways to get people to join and interact with the forums; things would be easier that way. Nevertheless, I concur with Takio. People spend, in some cases, a significant amount of money on this game. They do so with the understanding that it will continue to be the same game they paid for. By making DRASTIC changes due to lack of QA or whatever reason, you are effectively alienating players.

Let's consider summoners. When they were first released, they were SO overpowered. It was quite literally impossible to defend against them. In many ways this was a boon for lower players, because they were able to finally defeat higher level players. Accordingly, I'm confident people spent money to buy the gems required to level up their summoners and healers to max level.

Now, summoners are literally useless. They have been nerfed to oblivion. I'm not exactly complaining, mind you, considering I (level 71) was losing to level 30+ players and losing 40 crowns each pop. However, rendering them useless alienated the players that purchased money to upgrade them. There should have been a more proper vetting process prior to releasing them, but more importantly, there should have been a more lengthy discussion prior to nerfing them to oblivion.

The developers and QA team (I HOPE you have a separate QA team) all need to interact with the forums more proactively. There are such simple things that are missing, like the ability to private message individual people (see my post in the suggestion forum). Things like that are absolutely required in a game like this which requires tactics and strategy to win. Each alliance needs to have an "alliance rules" page, where the leader can set rules that members of their alliance must conform to. These are all things that can be coded VERY simply. In fact, I even offered my services - for free. It wouldn't take more than a day to get such simple things implemented, and it would make all the difference in the world.

I'm starting to pivot, so let me get back on track. While some changes must be made immediately, like patching a hack, other changes need to be discussed, tested, vetted, and most definitely NOT implemented in the middle of a tournament; you can patch in between tournaments. Either way, I hope to see the trivial, yet essential aspects of this game (private messages being the most important) implemented sooner than later - the inbox already exists, so I don't see how difficult this can be? More important than that is finding a way to attract more people to the forums. The more people, the more feedback, the better the game becomes for everyone.

Unfortunately the summoners were always completely useless . They sounded so cool and when the update came out they weren't there for a while