PDA

View Full Version : Too frustrating for high level players

k6scux
11-14-13, 08:13 AM
We need more levels above 71. Also the recent changes have made playing more frustrating than fun for high level players. Crowns are way too hard to find and even harder to get. Troops are getting weaker, especially summoners. Please stop penalizing high level players. Games should be fun not maddening.

jahil
11-14-13, 10:47 AM
We need more levels above 71. Also the recent changes have made playing more frustrating than fun for high level players. Crowns are way too hard to find and even harder to get. Troops are getting weaker, especially summoners. Please stop penalizing high level players. Games should be fun not maddening.

If they are penalizing high level players, can you imagine the burden they have put on the new players??? Promotions for high level troops are not less than 10 days... Triple or quadruple upgrading time of buildings... This game is totally imbalanced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chianti
11-14-13, 12:10 PM
I can't even fathom how frustrating the game is for new players. Summoners finally gave them a fighting chance, but now summoners are literally the most useless unit in the game.

The truth is the entire unit/defense structure needs to be overhauled. Case in point: I challenge anyone at storm8 to attack HOPR. I'll pay you $1,000 if you can defeat him.

The only way to actually fix things is to make it so that you have to micromanage units in battle. That way, it's no longer a roll of the dice. You'll need to be tactful and smart to win battles, as opposed to spending more money and having the most upgraded units. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening anytime soon, since it would require a significant amount of coding, and in many ways it would fundamentally become a different game.

-Mossad
Join alliance "Shin Bet" if you are a competitive player

Takiofallen
11-14-13, 04:01 PM
I won't go as far as saying micromanage but to me the remedy is simple. Revert things to how they were. HOPR has nothing to do. It was an excellent display of power he/she showed by sitting back watching everyone think they knew how to run thing, then at will show that "if i really want to i can always have the top spot". My point is simple. Let things go back to when i first started 6-8 weeks ago. If NEW players can't close the gap it hurts EVERYONE. HOPR is bored. His/her only entertainment is redred. The rest of us ............. Point is no one wants to play one on one with the same person everyday . It has to be feasible that someone can come in and PRESENT a challenge to anyone in the game, it just should not take a year to do it.
I can't even fathom how frustrating the game is for new players. Summoners finally gave them a fighting chance, but now summoners are literally the most useless unit in the game.

The truth is the entire unit/defense structure needs to be overhauled. Case in point: I challenge anyone at storm8 to attack HOPR. I'll pay you $1,000 if you can defeat him.

The only way to actually fix things is to make it so that you have to micromanage units in battle. That way, it's no longer a roll of the dice. You'll need to be tactful and smart to win battles, as opposed to spending more money and having the most upgraded units. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening anytime soon, since it would require a significant amount of coding, and in many ways it would fundamentally become a different game.

-Mossad

sand
11-15-13, 12:14 AM
So... the high level players are crippled; they are at a frustrating stalemate.
And the low level players are crippled; their progress has been made incredibly challenging, and they have to live with built-in handicaps.
The September starter (who thinks he "makes the game tick") now fancies himself a tournament contender and, having invested a few weeks of his life and money into this game, wants the gameplay rolled back to when he started, BEFORE he bought all those gems and buffed up.
The June starters are all looking at each other on Level 71 and seething; but they wouldn't trade places with us September folks for all the gems in the kingdom.
Clearly, there's no genuine "happyplace" in this game. In a twisted way, things sound really quite BALANCED!

Grog76
11-15-13, 01:08 AM
Maybe Ant Hill is the Utopia we all dream about.

MeisterLampee
11-15-13, 06:11 AM
I have only one sentence to this: ALL WOULD BE BETTER IF THEY ONLY WOULD BRING BACK THE OLD PROMOTION TIMES!!!
14 days for a bear upgrade. Come on!!! Who decides something like that?!? It is not somebody that plays or likes games. It's a manager, who has no clue!

heidisthebest
11-15-13, 06:16 AM
Well said everyone! But im sure Fire Mocha has been looking at all thses problems we at high lvl have. Im happy with things now. Not bad as last week. Lets just give FM a chance to fix everything. Kudos to all. BRATZ

Takiofallen
11-15-13, 06:43 AM
The best thing in the world is to have a real life mascot. They follow your every move cheer for you and even lose sleep thinking about you. You got the job!

Chianti
11-15-13, 09:48 AM
I won't go as far as saying micromanage but to me the remedy is simple. Revert things to how they were. HOPR has nothing to do. It was an excellent display of power he/she showed by sitting back watching everyone think they knew how to run thing, then at will show that "if i really want to i can always have the top spot". My point is simple. Let things go back to when i first started 6-8 weeks ago. If NEW players can't close the gap it hurts EVERYONE. HOPR is bored. His/her only entertainment is redred. The rest of us ............. Point is no one wants to play one on one with the same person everyday . It has to be feasible that someone can come in and PRESENT a challenge to anyone in the game, it just should not take a year to do it.

I never indicated HOPR was the problem. However, he is most definitely a symptom; a means by which we can show the developers how badly this game needs an overhaul. Offensively, there are many players on even ground with HOPR (I, for instance, have every unit at max level and 240 housing spots). However, the reason HOPR is able to climb so high in rankings is because the only way he will EVER lose crowns is by losing a battle. This game is like monopoly! It's the perfect Capitalism metaphor. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer. I've spent a good deal of money on this game as well, so it's not as if I'm complaining. It's just the truth.

With the game structured the way it is right now, there is literally no way - NONE- to defeat HOPRs base, hence why I'm offering $1000 to the developers if they can. In a way I'm glad he had enough money to spend and upgrade his walls and defenses to max level, because now he can be used as a test case for the developers and producers.

Allowing more units (>240) isn't a viable solution, because then 99% of the other bases will all be decimated. I seriously don't know what the solution is. Anything I can conjure up would only help in defeating bases like his with level 10 walls. However, without spending literally thousands upon thousands of dollars, it's going to be many moons until other bases come anywhere near his level 10 walls, and therefor a very long time until the developers actually do something about balancing things.

So is this just a case proving that these games are built for players who purchase money? Absolutely. I challenge Storm8 to prove me wrong. There is no way to defeat his base. Period.

toshaw
11-15-13, 09:52 AM
I want to add to the thread...
Today I am being matched with level 1,5,19 or 25. I am at fairly high level and it is no fun to raid when there is no challenge. I bet frustrated hitting next 20-30 times and spending 1500 gold every time. Worst part is they have no crowns and 500 in loot. Completely useless.

Chianti
11-15-13, 10:10 AM
toshaw, do what I do and submit a ticket. As far as I'm concerned, the matching system is bugged. I'm a level 71 player with all units (well... almost all) at max level. To actually put me up against people level 15 is hysterical and just another way to burn money. Coins are so valuable it's not even funny. After my Knights finish upgrading, I will OFFICIALLY have no use for spellstones. none. Zero. They will become a useless currency to me. Everything costs coin in this game, including finding a battle, and that's just obnoxious. I'm getting to the point where I'm seriously considering contesting all the money I've spent with apple. This game is by no means the game I originally invested money into.

goddessnikole
11-15-13, 01:25 PM

-Mossad

I want my money. I defeated HOPR several times and have the screenshots to prove it.....

FrozenTurtle
11-15-13, 06:59 PM
Hey everyone! This is a great place to provide us with constructive feedback, but let's refrain from publicly posting others' names to be targets. We do not condone or encourage the targeting of players for any sort of bounty. Thanks! :)

mybaby1977
11-15-13, 08:49 PM
When I get matched to 0 crown opponents, I intentionally attack so that they will get mad at this game and leave. Some I attack up to 50% so they get upset with a quick shield, others I attack them to 100% to leave them penniless and angry. If this game wasn't so filthy with bugs and unfair maintenance windows, I would be more reasonable.

sand
11-16-13, 09:13 AM
Yes, Grog, that was almost cute. Almost. Like your stunt on Global Chat. Why try so hard against a nobody or follow the Fallen? You're one of the big boys, no? (Level 70 when I saw you bottom-feeding yesterday with crowns down under 600.) Look to your leader who at least walks softly.

Grog76
11-16-13, 12:57 PM
Can you speak louder, please. There's this awful drone I hear that sounds like busted bagpipes or a screaming banshee.

TheRav1n
11-26-13, 03:58 PM
I never indicated HOPR was the problem. However, he is most definitely a symptom; a means by which we can show the developers how badly this game needs an overhaul. Offensively, there are many players on even ground with HOPR (I, for instance, have every unit at max level and 240 housing spots). However, the reason HOPR is able to climb so high in rankings is because the only way he will EVER lose crowns is by losing a battle. This game is like monopoly! It's the perfect Capitalism metaphor. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer. I've spent a good deal of money on this game as well, so it's not as if I'm complaining. It's just the truth.

With the game structured the way it is right now, there is literally no way - NONE- to defeat HOPRs base, hence why I'm offering $1000 to the developers if they can. In a way I'm glad he had enough money to spend and upgrade his walls and defenses to max level, because now he can be used as a test case for the developers and producers.

Allowing more units (>240) isn't a viable solution, because then 99% of the other bases will all be decimated. I seriously don't know what the solution is. Anything I can conjure up would only help in defeating bases like his with level 10 walls. However, without spending literally thousands upon thousands of dollars, it's going to be many moons until other bases come anywhere near his level 10 walls, and therefor a very long time until the developers actually do something about balancing things.

So is this just a case proving that these games are built for players who purchase money? Absolutely. I challenge Storm8 to prove me wrong. There is no way to defeat his base. Period.

Just because you cannot beat him does not mean others cannot. It is not only what troops you use, but also how you delpoy them. I have beat him with 10 demos, 10 bears, 100 archers, 50 warriors, and 30 archers in reserve. I'm only a level 45 player!

nachomandeluxe
11-30-13, 11:25 AM

That's just unfair to all the other players. The players higher than him have to play much longer!

nachomandeluxe
11-30-13, 11:26 AM
Ps don't give them $1000

emilyscastle123
12-02-13, 07:18 AM
Need to keep this thread on top!