PDA

View Full Version : Paint cans

farminginheels
11-14-13, 02:36 AM
I bit the bullet, bought a gem pack and cleared up some of the rocks and bushes on my farm. Consequently I've also found lots of nails and screws. My concern is paint cans now. I'm very short on them and so far I seem to be doing better getting them by fishing and catching butterflies than I get by making deliveries.

Is this the case for everyone? Is there any other source that might prove successful?

journeysmom
11-14-13, 08:22 AM
The junk piles give paint (at least last one I cleared did). But otherwise, I occaisionally find them in the newspaper, collecting butterflies and I think got gifted once (which of course is a random thing).

farminginheels
11-14-13, 10:07 AM
Cool, thank you. I haven't cleared one in a long time. My next expansion goal was the mine, but considering your advice and the fact that a lot of players on this board aren't finding their mines very productive, I think I might go in the junk pile direction.

Just a thought, I'm only on level 23 and only see 2 junk piles within my other lands, one of which I cleared around level 12. Those of you who have progressed past level 30 and cleared more, are there even more junk piles as you go further in the game?

journeysmom
11-14-13, 10:42 AM
I am on level 28 and could only see two junk piles, that last one I cleared just yesterday. My mine is fairly productive, I get iron, gold, gems, shovels and picks from it. The minerals I sell in my market, until I go for the forge.

kooky panda
11-14-13, 12:13 PM
I am on level 34 and I have only had two junk piles.

saren47
01-06-14, 12:34 PM
I want to upgrade my barn but in desperate need of paint.

I get paint once evry 2 months from deliveries or once in a great while, some farmer puts some up for sale.

Please more paint.

mamareader02
01-06-14, 05:45 PM
Lol,paint I believe is the rarest of all to find/get,I got lucky one time and bought 5 at one time from paper

saren47
01-06-14, 05:50 PM
Tell TL to get off their ..... and go to the hardware store and stock up.
��

mamareader02
01-06-14, 05:58 PM
Lol,or they can put it in the forge for us to make,along with saws!

saren47
01-06-14, 06:05 PM
Great idea. I need saws as well. My last train wanted 28 logs, lol. Like I can do 28. I would have to save up a month to get 28 saws.

skgriffin51
01-10-14, 11:07 AM
Me too I see others with 3 now

skgriffin51
01-10-14, 11:08 AM
Have you found a good way to find the paint buckets I need them too. Thanks

synsanity
01-10-14, 01:40 PM
I love the mine. And I've gotten several paint cans from it. As well as from butterflies, my dogs/cats and fish. Perhaps I've been lucky, though there is never enough. Always watch the shops and snag them there.

Carbuck
01-16-14, 12:35 AM
Ditto. I am experiencing the same thing. I am level 31. No paint from deliveries.

skgriffin51
01-23-14, 11:22 PM
Paint buckets are the worse problem I never get them it is rip off even bought the dog and cat no paint buckets

dinendash7474
01-27-14, 09:41 AM
Seems as if TL has made paint cans the rare item and how they are controlling the people's expansion of the game. All the other items seem to have a regular drop rate but the paint seems to be "super rare" Most other items can be crafted using the forgery but not paint. It's actually pretty lame because all the upgrades I have cost no less than 4 paint cans and at the rate of getting one a month, I won't be able to upgrade much else.

cityfan
03-28-14, 03:19 PM
Anyone else have a problem getting paint? All the items seem to drop at least 1 every day or 2, but I can go week or two without getting paint :(

GameOfFarms
03-28-14, 03:24 PM
Paints cans have always been elusive. I found one in the newspaper yesterday and I almost died of shock lol gimme gimme gimme!!!

mamareader02
03-28-14, 03:28 PM
I actually sell a can once in awhile,since I'm fully upgraded on everything,and have most slots open,sometimes I also buy stuff from the papers just to give my neighbors a chance at the hard stuff

ciarjen
03-29-14, 01:53 AM
One of my cats gave me paint yesterday but usually I buy one as soon as my gem total reaches 8.

Gems have been disappearing lately so I don't keep them there for long.

sweetypies97
03-29-14, 02:32 PM
The scarcity of paint is a huge problem.

DocEE
03-30-14, 01:18 PM
One of my cats gave me paint yesterday but usually I buy one as soon as my gem total reaches 8.

Gems have been disappearing lately so I don't keep them there for long.

I use the same strategy so I at least I get something for the gems. As soon as I get 8 gems I buy paint. Paint is a myth and you can only get it if you buy it. I don't remember it ever dropping for me except once from fishing.

Hammers also seem to be pretty rare all of a sudden!

chuckyt888
04-14-14, 08:44 PM
Another item that seems to be a more rare drop is paint. I'm always waiting on paint to upgrade my barn/buildings. I've got it from butterfly's every once in a blue moon and same for orders. Got really lucky once with someone selling a stack of 10 for only 350. I couldn't believe it!

bss18974
04-14-14, 10:52 PM
Another item that seems to be a more rare drop is paint. I'm always waiting on paint to upgrade my barn/buildings. I've got it from butterfly's every once in a blue moon and same for orders. Got really lucky once with someone selling a stack of 10 for only 350. I couldn't believe it!
You probably found someone selling from their extra farm to their main farm. They probably weren't happy that you purchased those paint.

I have four farms and use three of them to stockpile parts for use on the main farm like expansions etc and I sell from these farms and pick up from my main farm.

I only wish there were private sales. The barns and silos are full much of the time. We need larger capacity. I use side farms to store extra parts.

Consider yourself lucky.

Wollstonecraft
04-15-14, 04:43 AM
I've never found any for sale. You hit the jackpot with those 10!

mymummy789
04-16-14, 01:48 AM
Nails are the things I cannot seem to get enough of. I have found paint a few times whilst mining, but never nails!!

bss18974
04-16-14, 02:48 PM
Nails are the things I cannot seem to get enough of. I have found paint a few times whilst mining, but never nails!!

But you can create nails in the forge and screws too. But you can't create paint.

menps1
04-16-14, 04:15 PM
10 paints for 350 is really a nice score . Wish we could make paint in forge too!

Uncopyrighted
04-18-14, 03:13 PM
It would seem more appropriate if you could make paint in the studio. For example, you could mix blackberries and flour.

orleansparish
04-18-14, 03:53 PM
My problem is different now. I'm finding part often or rather getting paint, from deliveries and fishing. I've 22 cans of paint sitting there because I don't have enough nails and screws to expand anything. I don't like my stuff accumulating because my inner OCD, but know ill cry later shoukd I get rid of any of it. And to think, two months ago I sold over 30 nails amd screws each because I didn't have enough boards. This game drives me nuts! But I love it.

Still waiting on hammers though....those water plots aren't going to fetch themselves.

jackieyang9988
04-18-14, 06:16 PM
You probably found someone selling from their extra farm to their main farm. They probably weren't happy that you purchased those paint.

I have four farms and use three of them to stockpile parts for use on the main farm like expansions etc and I sell from these farms and pick up from my main farm.

I only wish there were private sales. The barns and silos are full much of the time. We need larger capacity. I use side farms to store extra parts.

Consider yourself lucky.

how did you get 3 farm?

tankerslacers
04-18-14, 07:02 PM
I think people have multiple farms when they have multiple devices - cell phones, ipads, tablets, etc. I don't think you can have more than one farm per device?

bss18974
04-18-14, 07:53 PM
how did you get 3 farm?

I have farms on 4 different devices... I sell from one to the main farm with needed items. That way I don't have too many parts sitting on main farm. I have NO NEIGHBORS on the other farms other than my farms that way no one can intentionally come to my farms unless listed in the community at the time.

maguar
04-24-14, 06:36 PM
Merged multiple threads

guchivila007
04-25-14, 06:54 AM
I have farms on 4 different devices... I sell from one to the main farm with needed items. That way I don't have too many parts sitting on main farm. I have NO NEIGHBORS on the other farms other than my farms that way no one can intentionally come to my farms unless listed in the community at the time.

This is legal? Can you sell to the main farm at min?

I guess selling from main farm at max is ok, even if the same minor farms are the usual buyers

WindermereBakery
04-25-14, 06:50 PM
The drop rate for cans of paint is ridiculous. It's been two months since I got a can of paint as a drop and haven't got a single one since. I've never had one drop from fishing or mining. Considering they are needed for almost everything - opening more slots in the barn and opening slots in all the buildings - they really should be easier to get. I realize they want us to spend money on them, and I don't mind spending a little money on fun things sometimes, but we shouldn't have to spend money on things we have to have to play, like room in our barn.

I just got a notice for a new value pack for ten bucks that has four each of several kinds of upgrade parts. The only good thing is the paint. Ten bucks for four cans of paint wouldn't even open one upgrade in the barn.

I have to admit, if they offered another 1.99 sale like they did for the eggs and bait the other day only this time for ten cans of paint, I would probably spend fifty bucks on it LOL
They could make a fortune on that I bet.

justforfarmm
04-26-14, 08:16 AM
Now i have 22 cans of paint and no bricks, the water garden was a great idea because now all the upgrade parts have a better use, and i also have more nails than hammers, so i love the water garden because i think it balances all the upgrade parts

jackieyang9988
04-28-14, 10:14 AM
Now i have 22 cans of paint and no bricks, the water garden was a great idea because now all the upgrade parts have a better use, and i also have more nails than hammers, so i love the water garden because i think it balances all the upgrade parts

I have plenty of bricks and no paints. If you can we can trade. I never find paints or nails. So frustrating. Add me, jackieyang9988

Rockinkitten
04-28-14, 10:50 AM
I wish the gifting wasn't random. Would be gifting everyone paint if I could!

orleansparish
04-29-14, 08:41 AM

Same here. I swear this game just knows what we need,so it makes us pull our hair in frustration. I only have about 12 plots on the water garden. I can't find the tools needed for anything. Before it came I would sell tools like crazy. Now I'm sitting on a bunch of paint. I'm getting it from everywhere, pets, mole, fishing, deliveries. It never used to be like this before.

cityfan
04-29-14, 10:32 AM
Same here. I swear this game just knows what we need,so it makes us pull our hair in frustration. I only have about 12 plots on the water garden. I can't find the tools needed for anything. Before it came I would sell tools like crazy. Now I'm sitting on a bunch of paint. I'm getting it from everywhere, pets, mole, fishing, deliveries. It never used to be like this before.

Lucky you.. I need paint sooooo bad. I can sell you heaps of everything else.
Add me if you'd like ...id cityfan